The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Not the same since owned by L'Oreal
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool21 July 2017
Currently "for sale"

Love the products and the loyal customers but area and senior management is poor

A loss making arm of the multi national L'Oreal company
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London17 July 2017
It was a really fun working experience, I learnt new skills and new ways to improve my daily life. The people their a really nice and caring. They helped me out a lot in the job.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Long break hours
poor conditions
Motor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
never really enjoyed working in this company working in accident repairs ,this is a very competitive business and securing work from other providers was the problem that forced this place to close
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
not enough work, poor working conditions
brillant
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton8 July 2017
This was the best company I have ever worked for they are good to tier staff and treat them with respect. There was good training available to everyone.
Pros
free samples
Fun, friendly workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London and Canterbury2 July 2017
Working at The Body Shop was one of the best experiences of employment I have ever had. Learning and progressing on the job, whilst working with a supportive, friendly and incredible team were two of the benefits of the job. A typical day at work would involve being briefed on sales targets for the day, specific focusses for the day, as well as being updated and trained on new products. Then working on the shop floor, whether it be assisting customers, or promoting new products at the front of the store. The hardest part of the job is probably stock-refill at the end of the day/during the day but these themselves are not particularly hard tasks. Most enjoyable part is working with a vibrant and enthusiastic team with helpful senior consultants and managers.
Great amount of achievement recognition
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent28 June 2017
The best thing about Body Shop was that your hard work would not go unnoticed. You get given daily goals to reach with incentives to help motivate you. If you achieve the goals, the manager will congratulate you which therefore encourages you to continue achieving good things.
Pros
free products when you reach your daily goals
Cons
not enough to do during shifts
Fun workplace but lacks organisation
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey26 June 2017
I enjoy working at The Body Shop, but no job comes without its negatives. I found that the job itself is fast passed with high goals and expectations, However i feel that the organisation of the store can be improved, finding replacements that are qualified and appropriate for the position is difficult thus resulting in some inconsistency.

The job requires a high knowledge of the products in order to appropriately sell the products.
Pros
excellent product training
Cons
organisation
Stressful sales targets but good pay
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London25 June 2017
Work days are calm and can be fun, a lot of product knowledge to learn, management was a bit unorganised, high turnover rate therefore hard to bond with colleagues
professional
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside20 June 2017
I enjoyed working at the body shop as I met life long friends working there, you have the basic roles as any customer consultant and it is all about the customer, I found the the hardest part is that it is very target driven and sometimes that can be very stressful but not always. i would recommend working there as it has great ethics andd great products
Pros
half price products
Cons
high targets
nice work place

Nice building

everythink good
Mostly good
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Telford13 June 2017
When i was there we had 3 managers, first was vile, second stole and was very manipulating, third was brilliant.
The body shop as a hole is very money driven, no fault of the team - its regional.
Very difficult to progress as the contracted hours are not worth the effort you put in to not get noticed.
Pros
Third manager
Cons
values
Enjoyable
Senior Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey12 June 2017
Love my job here, enjoy the customer interaction.
Fun workplace and i love seeing customers and making an impact on people. You must be confident with people for this job.
Pros
Plenty of free products and very good wage!
Cudtomer advisor
Seasonal sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria5 June 2017
I worked as seasonal relief here over a busy Christmas period it was nearly fifteen years ago so l don't have much of an opinion I do remember that they are very ethical
No days are same you meet different people from different cultures and race
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 June 2017
It's the best decision I ever made ,this role helps me meet like minded people and has increased my confidence in what I can achieve with the right support,all the people in my team are amazing they bring each other up
Pros
Works around my time
Cons
Can't think of any
Enjoyable yet stressfull at time
Skin care specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 June 2017
A typical day at work would require stock to be replenished where necessary, targets to be set for each of the different sections and cleaning the shop floor. You would then be assigned to a section of the shop, e.g, skincare or makeup and would try and reach the sales targets for the day. This could sometimes be quite stressful as management were not always on top of informing you of what you could do to improve. This meant that sometimes it felt as if you were letting the team down, even if it was perhaps not the fault of the employee, but more to do with the customer flow that day or what people were more interested in buying, for example, more box sets being sold at Xmas.
Pros
50% off product
Not Too Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London31 May 2017
The work in The Body Shop was not too bad although there was too many responsibilities and tasks that i had to meet and the salary was not enough for that type of work. The team I was working with was a bit lazy and they were always putting me down. Although I think that not all stores of The Body Shop are exactly the same so I give 3 stars.
rubbish management
Senior Customer Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 May 2017
Rude managers, very stressful job, unprofessional colleagues, long hours, you must cover people but when you need it no one is willing to cover you, avoid
Pros
free products, 1hr break
Cons
long hours, stress, rude management
Advancement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 May 2017
Although I was only at The Body Shop for a short period of time, but offered full time employment the progression to develop was slow moving, no in company promotions.
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station28 May 2017
Had started off my career with The Body Shop at an early age and had worked in the company for 8 years and being promoted within to assistant manager level. I had started off working in the airport and that was one of the parts I enjoyed the most. It was fascinating seeing and meeting many different people.

At the time, I thought maybe it would be hard to develop in a beauty company being a male but as soon as I got into the product knowledge and diverse ways of working it seemed a breeze.

I had a great working relationship with my regional manager at the time and always seemed to see the potential I had.

I owe a great deal to The Body Shop as that is where I developed most of the skills I use today and for giving me my first taste at management
Pros
Shift work, early finishes
Cons
Not being able to drive into work being a airport, nothing major
The best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester27 May 2017
Loved it! So fun, staff are really supportive and understanding and easy to get along with. Very open minded and open hearted. Products are easy to sell because you can believe in them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.