The Body Shop Employee Reviews

pleasant work environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 December 2017
brilliant positive work environment. Great management with a great team. i enjoy the challenge and thrill of sales, and customer interaction.
My personal lack of interest for the company made the job boring.
Cons
hours are not flexible
boring work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Poole22 November 2017
Easy to get on and do things as its never really busy, which sometimes means the day drags, the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and staff being so friendly.
Pros
staff
Cons
dont get busy
New way of thinking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
The Body Shop at Home is a great place to work in. You learn a lot very quickly and there is always new ideas to share with colleagues and customers. The job role is mainly based around creative sales and engaging with customers on a regular basis.

I've learned quite a few new sales techniques and how to deal with challenges that may arise, for example products not reaching customers on time and how to better engage with customers, i.e. via email, social networks etc..

Workplace culture is nice and very diverse - so you get to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and try new things. The hardest part of the job would be facing challenges that you didn't see coming, but being patient and positive always helps, as help can come from any direction.

The most enjoyable would be receiving monthly bonuses like the body shop products and the consistent training that is available for whenever you need it and also your managers are always there to support via phone at short notice.
Pros
Diverse work life, bonuses and free products
Cons
Finding customers
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thurrock20 November 2017
Practical make-up demonstrations, cashering, customer service, shop floor cleaning, poster displays and creating promotions to draw more trade into the Bodyshop. Also having Bodyshop parties at home.
Pros
Meeting and Greeting people
Cons
Working in the Thurrock area
good employer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gunwharf Quays19 November 2017
Good company to work for with excellent options to progress. Salary was ok for a Customer Consultant but the difference when I stepped up was minimal.
Amazing job, questionable management.
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London15 November 2017
I worked for the company for two years and loved it, the company and the benefits are amazing. They are flexible, work around you and you get a great discount in store however I and few others from different stores had trouble with the management. From not hiring enough people to hold a store to favouritism (giving other people extra shifts over you, not giving you the time off you requested months ago). Other than that, amazing. Loved working there.
Pros
Great lunch breaks, store discount and free products.
Cons
Dodgy management, not enough or too much hours.
Lively and Customer Focused
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gloucester15 November 2017
Customer focused and target driven. Hours and days of work change regularly. We work with members of the public trying to increase sales and promote offers
Pros
People I work with and Discount
Cons
Hours go up and down
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich15 November 2017
Even though I only worked here for a short amount of time, I enjoyed every minute being here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, they gave me all the help and support I could ask for.
enjoyable
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent10 November 2017
great way to meet new people and use lovely products, work your own hours, you get out of it what you put in. lots of support and fresh ideas to help build your business from managers.
Pros
lovely products
Cons
evening work
Good working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall6 November 2017
Good place to work with like minded people but hours and pay aren't great, management change regularly but having variety in your job keeps the role interesting

Want to know more about The Body Shop?

Ask a question
Great
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport27 October 2017
Was a great company to work for and excelled high and fast through the company ladders. Unfortunately our store shut down, but whilst there I experienced manager level and enjoyed working with different members of staff.
Pros
Working with unique people
Cons
Not having enough staff
Supportive and friendly
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bromley23 October 2017
This is a great company to work for. They have different contractoral hours to work with and encourage you to climb higher in the eve expanding company.
Pros and Cons
Beauty/Skincare Customor Consultant (Former Employee) –  Islington, Greater London10 October 2017
Cons-
There is "it's never enough" attitude from upper management.
A lot of pressure and horrible work/life balance
It was difficult to maintain sales goals with little to no stock
For minimum wage I think quite a lot is expected of Customer Consultants, the pay could be fairer

Pros-
Great products Great discount, very flexible with work schedule
Community fair trade, makes you feel proud of the company you work for
Pros
Half Price on the products
Cons
Managment
Fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doncaster9 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for The Body Shop, great staff, great benefits and overall lovely place to work. Would highly recommend, only left due to seeking further full time employment
Values-led and non-hierarchical
Senior Artworker (Former Employee) –  East Croydon3 October 2017
The design studio is a great environment and creates close-knit teams.
The in-house studio operates similarly to a commercial external agency and the same pressure of timelines applies.
The company is built on high values and tries to maintain these.
The company expects additional non-work activities such as charitable work or supporting the stores at Christmas.
Pros
Involvement in a values-led company
Cons
Conflicting pressures
Productive always busy
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon29 September 2017
Was rewarding when you could show someone a product that would really bode well for them. It was also good to widen my knowledge on all the different products they have to offer and the way the engredients work well to make the product more effective
Pros
Discount
Poor management
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2017
Very generous discount for body shop products.

Awful management
Long standing hours without breaks
Late shifts up to 11 pm and then early shifts at 8 am in a row
Lifting heavy stock from basement to the 2nd floor
Pros
Good discount on products
fun workplace
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 September 2017
A Christmas time job earning lots of experience and learning a little about the world of work, enjoyed my time and other staff. lots of happy joyful customers
Pros
discount on products
Cons
temp contract
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London10 September 2017
Having to search for items for customers and running to the stockroom just in case the item has not been placed at the shop floor. I have learnt good communication skills and team work. When handling a delivery all by yourself which can be difficult as the work load is a lot more on you and you have a time limit to complete the task which can put you in stress. Having a nice meal out with one of your colleagues and having a good chat.
Pros
20 mins break
Cons
short hours
The Body Shop At Home
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home Based9 September 2017
I've been with TBSAH for a month now and it's the best Job role I have taken so far.. Everyone is so supportive and friendly it's like we are one big family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.