The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 393 reviews matching the search See all 1,395 reviews
Very good job but management was not good at the time
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
This was a very good job in a local store. The hours were good and there was always paid over time in my store. However the management at the time was not very professional and an incidnet at the work place caused many people to leave. The company, however, was very good to work with and the products are really nice. They have a good ethic and moral code.
It was fun while it lasted
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London31 January 2018
- Be prepared have flexible and changeable hours without choice.
- Be preapared to be dropped instantly if the hours you provide aren’t needed.
- Read up on products so you can satisfy your customers to the fullest.
Lovely Company (Solihull)
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands22 January 2018
I was employed as a temp for Christmas.I throughly enjoyed every minute. The Management team and employees were great and the support was brilliant, I enjoyed learning all about the products even tho I was only there for a short period of time. I hope they call me back again.
Pros
Great discounts and incentives. Very friendly people
Cons
Wish there was a permanent job available.
Love the people, flexibility and atmosphere
Consultant and Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent17 January 2018
The Body Shop at Home team are a fantastic bunch of highly motivated individuals and their enthusiasm is infectious! They really support their teams well and help you through personal goals too. The progressive nature of the role goes as fast or slow as you wish with different avenues you can take.
fun
Sales Representative and Party Host (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 January 2018
Work on a self employed met alot of new people , worked on commision .. A typical night or day at work would involve setting up stock letting customers try the stock for them to buy them
Pros
Sales
Cons
fast paced and very fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
Overall good place to work but hard to adapt to short hours.
They are not honest with the hours you will be working and change them all the time.

Management is okay but could be more helpful and honest.

Nice atmosphere though.
Pros
Discount, fun, nice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, lack of training, lack of communcation.
High staff turnover!!!
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
The products are good! I still use the skin-care range it's excellent!!

Its on the end of a high-street so foot fall is only busy on weekends otherwise the store is quiet 90% of the time which means that during weekdays the 10% of busy-ness you are pressured to reach unattainable targets.

Staff turn over in a small shop of only 5 staff including management, failed to keep full-time staff.

Back of shop is dirty and unclean, staff do not clean up, mugs with tea bags and plates of food are left with mould all over them in the staff area's.

Unprofessional behaviour, Very much like being in school, gossiping and two-faced.
Young staff, under 25.
Pros
The regular customers are lovely and the staff benefits are really good, lots of discounts.
Cons
Long hours, Shifts change at short notice, staff seem two-faced trying to one-up each other, unattainable targets required.
Good Experience
MAKE UP EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2018
Overall I had a lovely experience working at The Body Shop. I really enjoyed working with the staff, most of whom have become lifelong friends. I agree with the company's ethics and how fighting against animal testing is really important.
Friendly environment but repetitive work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  England4 January 2018
Your experience at the Body Shop will be largely dependent on the team with which you work. Customer consultants are expected to interact constantly with customers.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Repetitive work
Good starting job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire23 December 2017
I worked at the body shop as one of my first jobs and it was a great way to get myself into sales as you were targeted on multiple different things in store without it being too focused. The team I worked with were lovely and I felt very proud to work for a company which strived so hard to help both the planet and animals.
Nothing special
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station13 December 2017
good team to work with, learned about skincare, management do put alot of pressure on you, sometimes will make you stand outside in the freezing cold/rain to ask customers to come in. or as you to hand out leaflets outside whilst shouting the offers that we have in store as if its a market stall.
Pros
half price on all products
Good job
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex11 December 2017
The job was good and easy to do, talking to the other people was forbidden, the coordinators were not nice to people and that was the reason I have quit that job.
Positive happy environment
Assistant Manager (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk10 December 2017
I've been in my current role for almost 3 years, I enjoy my work but feel it's time to find a new set of skills, i believe in life that opportunity and job satisfaction comes to those that make efforts and work hard. I have learned how to manage people, computer skill, product knowledge and customer satisfaction.
Pros
I enjoy my hours, and being able to walk to and from work.
pleasant work environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 December 2017
brilliant positive work environment. Great management with a great team. i enjoy the challenge and thrill of sales, and customer interaction.
My personal lack of interest for the company made the job boring.
Cons
hours are not flexible
boring work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Poole22 November 2017
Easy to get on and do things as its never really busy, which sometimes means the day drags, the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and staff being so friendly.
Pros
staff
Cons
dont get busy
New way of thinking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
The Body Shop at Home is a great place to work in. You learn a lot very quickly and there is always new ideas to share with colleagues and customers. The job role is mainly based around creative sales and engaging with customers on a regular basis.

I've learned quite a few new sales techniques and how to deal with challenges that may arise, for example products not reaching customers on time and how to better engage with customers, i.e. via email, social networks etc..

Workplace culture is nice and very diverse - so you get to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and try new things. The hardest part of the job would be facing challenges that you didn't see coming, but being patient and positive always helps, as help can come from any direction.

The most enjoyable would be receiving monthly bonuses like the body shop products and the consistent training that is available for whenever you need it and also your managers are always there to support via phone at short notice.
Pros
Diverse work life, bonuses and free products
Cons
Finding customers
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thurrock20 November 2017
Practical make-up demonstrations, cashering, customer service, shop floor cleaning, poster displays and creating promotions to draw more trade into the Bodyshop. Also having Bodyshop parties at home.
Pros
Meeting and Greeting people
Cons
Working in the Thurrock area
good employer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gunwharf Quays19 November 2017
Good company to work for with excellent options to progress. Salary was ok for a Customer Consultant but the difference when I stepped up was minimal.
Amazing job, questionable management.
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London15 November 2017
I worked for the company for two years and loved it, the company and the benefits are amazing. They are flexible, work around you and you get a great discount in store however I and few others from different stores had trouble with the management. From not hiring enough people to hold a store to favouritism (giving other people extra shifts over you, not giving you the time off you requested months ago). Other than that, amazing. Loved working there.
Pros
Great lunch breaks, store discount and free products.
Cons
Dodgy management, not enough or too much hours.
Lively and Customer Focused
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gloucester15 November 2017
Customer focused and target driven. Hours and days of work change regularly. We work with members of the public trying to increase sales and promote offers
Pros
People I work with and Discount
Cons
Hours go up and down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.