The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 392 reviews matching the search See all 1,391 reviews
A company undergoing large change
Digital Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton23 April 2018
The Body Shop is undergoing significant change following it's sale to Natura.

As you would expect the company has excellent ethics and can be an enjoyable place to work
Not a great company to work for
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South West19 April 2018
Extremely slaes and KPI focused with no incentives or bonuses given other than the occasional free product. Management was horrendous when I worked for company and went through 3 managers in 4 months and over 6 staff left in the time I was there complaining of the same issues I'm writing about.. Didn't communicate well with staff and was zero motivation or appreciation for staff. Wouldn't work for them again!
Pros
nice customers, good products, good company ethos when it comes to planet and animals
Cons
management, pay, expectations of staff, appreciation of staff, Hr, basically all internal running of company was awful.
Nice people
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield17 April 2018
I worked with a lovely team and in a nice shop. Management was wonderful and the salary was pretty competitive. Benefits of free stuff was also a bonus, along side the 40% discount.
fun workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Basildon12 April 2018
i worked at the body shop for work expierecnce for a week. i really enjoyed working here and learned a lot about the company and what working in a job is all about etc... the staff was lovely to me and very patient.
Pros
reasonable lunch hour
Cons
none at all
Good Peoples
Warehouse Operative/ Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton6 April 2018
I was working as a picker/packer. Atmosphere there was rally good. I met a lot of good peoples. Culture really good. Supervisors also they are a good people and of course really experience.
typical work day
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire6 April 2018
my typical work day would consist of the opening of the store,checking emails,figures and budgets. carrying out high standards of customer service and supervision of other colleges n]and then the banking and closure of the store at the end of the day.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
under staffed
fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian3 April 2018
I gained a lot of experience within the Body Shop. I learned how to have a good relationship with my team mates, gained experience regarding deliveries and stock take, dealt with numerous complaints, managed the till and finally making sure the customer needs were satisfied and fulfilled before leaving. It gave me a good indication too what working in the retail sector was like
Pros
free samples
Cons
Holidays were limited
Fun work environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford3 April 2018
Typical day at work would include replenishing shelves, serving customers on tills, beauty/skin consultations and mainly giving advice to customers.
Management are friendly and relaxed, however tend to expect you to prioritise work over everything regardless of studies/other responsibilities.
Most enjoyable part of job was learning about products and their community fair trade communities.
Very uplifting
Pros
free products
Cons
no bonus unless management
Interesting, challenging but bit stressful
Customer Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire24 March 2018
I have learnt a lot about TBS products, I was provided an excellent training for my Customer Consultant role, however I didn't get enough training for my Team Leader position. The management team often required me to work overtime at the end of the day which resulted in me missing buses and I didn't get paid for the extra 15-30 minutes that I stayed for. Very strict on performances and on average sales which made the job a bit less enjoyable for me. Overall, I got great benefits and an alright training but they do expect a lot from you as a part of the team.
Pros
discount, pension scheme, room to develop
Cons
too strict on KPI's and individual performances
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood22 March 2018
Good company. Brilliant benefits and excellent room for progression. Loved the product. Lots of company benefits and support from senior management. Definitely recommend.

Want to know more about The Body Shop?

Ask a question
productive
customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London16 March 2018
working at the body shop was a good experience also i enjoyed this new challenge and coming out of my comfort zone.
the hardest part of the job was putting everything back in the right order on the shelves.
Pros
free perfume
Excellent Salary for a 16 year old,
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow11 March 2018
A typical day at work in Body Shop would be assisting customers. I didn't work on tills, instead in stock and helping people (because I'm not great at maths). In that respect, my manager was excellent at delegating work so that we all could play to our strengths. The wage was incredible- I've never even heard of a company paying a 16 year old living wage, and it made such a difference. I really don't have any complaints. The only difficult thing is that it's an incredibly active sales environment, so you have to learn how to sell. If you don't like approaching people, it's pretty painful. There was also great pressure to meet sales targets and at times it got stressful, but it was all worth it.
Pros
Excellent Wage
Cons
Active Pressure on sales.
Hard work, high pay off most of the time
International Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  UK7 March 2018
Most of the people are amazing. Top tier management really needs looking at! Great salary and benefits! Lots of room to own your projects and develop your skills.
Quite stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 March 2018
I worked as an assistant manager there and the although customers and the store itself was fun along with the products I found the constant push of making more and more sales day on day, week on week, year on year was not realistic.

Staff were expected to learn and remember many ingredients for products but had little time to read through or attend training. The short contracts for staff meant the commitment was hard to find and it also meant little security for those that did work there.

For example working 2 4 hour shifts 8-12, 12.30-4.30 meant management could say you weren't allowed an hour for lunch so it was hard work with deliveries and service with few breaks.
Pros
Products and friendships
Cons
few breaks
Great
Supervisor ( Keyholder) (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf27 February 2018
Was fun, great and was working here for 2 years. Was a supervisor and gained excellent managerial skills. WasExcellent customer service sales assistant
Pros
Cons
Not progress on salary
great job as a customer consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 February 2018
I loved my time working at the body shop. It was a great job as a customer consultant however once I moved up to a senior the pay wasn't much better and the work load doubled. I also found that higher management did not support staff but i enjoyed the products and the customer service side.
Pros
fun job and great products
Cons
not a lot of support from management
fun
Christmas Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 February 2018
working with customers who are looking for products that suit their needs, product knowledge is a must as you will be looking at customers skin type and what will be most suitable for them.
Pros
discount
Cons
freebies
Consultant
Customer consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Kinnaird edinburgh4 February 2018
My day would start of by finding out wat the targets were for the store and individuals departments.
The I would monitor this on a daily and end of week targets.
Merchandise store to plan if there was changes.
Guide and advise customers on what they are looking for, demonstrate on customer.
Keep store clean.
Work on delivery and replenish.

End of night would do safe check and cash up tills
Would help train new colleges
Pros
Incentives
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex3 February 2018
I learned to run a picking truck and consolidate driving this vehicle, discovering unknown cosmetics, I met new people who taught me new experiences related to working in the cosmetics industry
Very good job but management was not good at the time
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
This was a very good job in a local store. The hours were good and there was always paid over time in my store. However the management at the time was not very professional and an incidnet at the work place caused many people to leave. The company, however, was very good to work with and the products are really nice. They have a good ethic and moral code.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.