The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Interesting, challenging but bit stressful
Customer Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire24 March 2018
I have learnt a lot about TBS products, I was provided an excellent training for my Customer Consultant role, however I didn't get enough training for my Team Leader position. The management team often required me to work overtime at the end of the day which resulted in me missing buses and I didn't get paid for the extra 15-30 minutes that I stayed for. Very strict on performances and on average sales which made the job a bit less enjoyable for me. Overall, I got great benefits and an alright training but they do expect a lot from you as a part of the team.
Pros
discount, pension scheme, room to develop
Cons
too strict on KPI's and individual performances
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood22 March 2018
Good company. Brilliant benefits and excellent room for progression. Loved the product. Lots of company benefits and support from senior management. Definitely recommend.
productive
customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London16 March 2018
working at the body shop was a good experience also i enjoyed this new challenge and coming out of my comfort zone.
the hardest part of the job was putting everything back in the right order on the shelves.
Pros
free perfume
Excellent Salary for a 16 year old,
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow11 March 2018
A typical day at work in Body Shop would be assisting customers. I didn't work on tills, instead in stock and helping people (because I'm not great at maths). In that respect, my manager was excellent at delegating work so that we all could play to our strengths. The wage was incredible- I've never even heard of a company paying a 16 year old living wage, and it made such a difference. I really don't have any complaints. The only difficult thing is that it's an incredibly active sales environment, so you have to learn how to sell. If you don't like approaching people, it's pretty painful. There was also great pressure to meet sales targets and at times it got stressful, but it was all worth it.
Pros
Excellent Wage
Cons
Active Pressure on sales.
Hard work, high pay off most of the time
International Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  UK7 March 2018
Most of the people are amazing. Top tier management really needs looking at! Great salary and benefits! Lots of room to own your projects and develop your skills.
Quite stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 March 2018
I worked as an assistant manager there and the although customers and the store itself was fun along with the products I found the constant push of making more and more sales day on day, week on week, year on year was not realistic.

Staff were expected to learn and remember many ingredients for products but had little time to read through or attend training. The short contracts for staff meant the commitment was hard to find and it also meant little security for those that did work there.

For example working 2 4 hour shifts 8-12, 12.30-4.30 meant management could say you weren't allowed an hour for lunch so it was hard work with deliveries and service with few breaks.
Pros
Products and friendships
Cons
few breaks
Great
Supervisor ( Keyholder) (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf27 February 2018
Was fun, great and was working here for 2 years. Was a supervisor and gained excellent managerial skills. WasExcellent customer service sales assistant
Pros
Cons
Not progress on salary
great job as a customer consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 February 2018
I loved my time working at the body shop. It was a great job as a customer consultant however once I moved up to a senior the pay wasn't much better and the work load doubled. I also found that higher management did not support staff but i enjoyed the products and the customer service side.
Pros
fun job and great products
Cons
not a lot of support from management
fun
Christmas Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 February 2018
working with customers who are looking for products that suit their needs, product knowledge is a must as you will be looking at customers skin type and what will be most suitable for them.
Pros
discount
Cons
freebies
Consultant
Customer consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Kinnaird edinburgh4 February 2018
My day would start of by finding out wat the targets were for the store and individuals departments.
The I would monitor this on a daily and end of week targets.
Merchandise store to plan if there was changes.
Guide and advise customers on what they are looking for, demonstrate on customer.
Keep store clean.
Work on delivery and replenish.

End of night would do safe check and cash up tills
Would help train new colleges
Pros
Incentives
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex3 February 2018
I learned to run a picking truck and consolidate driving this vehicle, discovering unknown cosmetics, I met new people who taught me new experiences related to working in the cosmetics industry
Very good job but management was not good at the time
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
This was a very good job in a local store. The hours were good and there was always paid over time in my store. However the management at the time was not very professional and an incidnet at the work place caused many people to leave. The company, however, was very good to work with and the products are really nice. They have a good ethic and moral code.
It was fun while it lasted
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London31 January 2018
- Be prepared have flexible and changeable hours without choice.
- Be preapared to be dropped instantly if the hours you provide aren’t needed.
- Read up on products so you can satisfy your customers to the fullest.
Lovely Company (Solihull)
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands22 January 2018
I was employed as a temp for Christmas.I throughly enjoyed every minute. The Management team and employees were great and the support was brilliant, I enjoyed learning all about the products even tho I was only there for a short period of time. I hope they call me back again.
Pros
Great discounts and incentives. Very friendly people
Cons
Wish there was a permanent job available.
Love the people, flexibility and atmosphere
Consultant and Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent17 January 2018
The Body Shop at Home team are a fantastic bunch of highly motivated individuals and their enthusiasm is infectious! They really support their teams well and help you through personal goals too. The progressive nature of the role goes as fast or slow as you wish with different avenues you can take.
fun
Sales Representative and Party Host (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 January 2018
Work on a self employed met alot of new people , worked on commision .. A typical night or day at work would involve setting up stock letting customers try the stock for them to buy them
Pros
Sales
Cons
fast paced and very fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
Overall good place to work but hard to adapt to short hours.
They are not honest with the hours you will be working and change them all the time.

Management is okay but could be more helpful and honest.

Nice atmosphere though.
Pros
Discount, fun, nice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, lack of training, lack of communcation.
High staff turnover!!!
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
The products are good! I still use the skin-care range it's excellent!!

Its on the end of a high-street so foot fall is only busy on weekends otherwise the store is quiet 90% of the time which means that during weekdays the 10% of busy-ness you are pressured to reach unattainable targets.

Staff turn over in a small shop of only 5 staff including management, failed to keep full-time staff.

Back of shop is dirty and unclean, staff do not clean up, mugs with tea bags and plates of food are left with mould all over them in the staff area's.

Unprofessional behaviour, Very much like being in school, gossiping and two-faced.
Young staff, under 25.
Pros
The regular customers are lovely and the staff benefits are really good, lots of discounts.
Cons
Long hours, Shifts change at short notice, staff seem two-faced trying to one-up each other, unattainable targets required.
Good Experience
MAKE UP EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2018
Overall I had a lovely experience working at The Body Shop. I really enjoyed working with the staff, most of whom have become lifelong friends. I agree with the company's ethics and how fighting against animal testing is really important.
Friendly environment but repetitive work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  England4 January 2018
Your experience at the Body Shop will be largely dependent on the team with which you work. Customer consultants are expected to interact constantly with customers.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Repetitive work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.