The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 392 reviews matching the search See all 1,393 reviews
Challenging
Warehouse Operative, Co–ordinator (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton30 July 2018
Worked in the warehouse, terrible management team. A lot was expected from the worker and not even once i heard one of the management teams to say THANK YOU. Very little english talking people, very hard to communicate if not polish or russians.
Pros
Cons
management team
good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 July 2018
I had a good time working here, it was a very good llearning experience and I llearned a lot about myself and different skills required in the role. I would say overall I wnjoyed working ehre.
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
I only did work experience for a month but my overall experience was positive. They had daily tasks where you could compete with over employees about sales and things in order to get discounts and produces.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managment
Enjoyable job, horrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 July 2018
Good products, friendly staff but store manager was horrible. Really unorganized and unprofessional, seemed to have no regard for peoples feelings. Other than this the job was positive.
Pros
Lovely staff friendly customers and good products
Cons
Poor management
Fairly good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire16 July 2018
In general, my time at the Body Shop was positive, as my team were lovely and the company itself are very supportive and considerate. However we had a lot of issues with management towards the end of my employment period, and there was a massive lack of attention and support from middle management in order to help the team in my small store, and our personal lives and contracted hours were not taken into consideration whatsoever which is why I, among others, eventually left. No matter how moral and good the company as a whole is, it will always be about money and productivity at the end of the day- just keep this in mind!
Pros
discounts & incentives
Cons
poor management & training
Friendly Workplace
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire1 July 2018
Great Company to work for with lots of benefits and discounts. Learnt a lot about the ethics and ingredience of products.Felt there was a lot of opportunities to progress in the company.Very hard work for a retail job so you have to be motivated.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overtime of 20+ hours a week
Fun experience
Customer Consultant and Makeup Expert (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 June 2018
It’s an ok company to work for. Great benefits and discount. Although the knowledge of skincare you need is astounding. The shop floor training could use some work as well.
Interesting job, terrible management
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire18 June 2018
The training you receive is amazing, you really get to know a lot about all the products, as well as great selling techniques. Pay is fair. But that's about where the good ends unfortunately. Management is a joke, you have very little support and feel alienated from the management team, as they have a very superior attitude. You are expected to work an insane amount of overtime, no matter how many hours your contract is. You are disciplined for things that are out of your control, such as illness or unavoidable lateness (transportation problems etc). Too much focus on individual sales targets and not enough on what actual customers want or need, so you're forced to pester them relentlessly as soon as they step in the door. Had several people complain about the amount we are required to bug them, but you are forced to do it and it annoys people.Overall, I wouldn't recommend working in this location unless you are used to a very highly sales driven environment and are never ever ill and have 30 backup plans for getting into to work on time if something goes wrong. Also be prepared to work many more hours than expected (I usually worked 20 hours a week more than I should have been).
Pros
good training
Cons
aggressive management
Fun workplace
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stansted Airport17 June 2018
I have learnt lots of things working for The Body Shop. I have gained a lot of confidence in doing makeup although I loved doing makeup on myself before starting.
Great management too!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Early and late shifts
Productive, fast paced, fun.
Supervisor, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 June 2018
Progression within the company can be as quick or as slow as you make it, management are willing to work with you to get where you want to be in your career. Most of the staff are friendly and easy to approach, however the manager is not easily approachable and can be difficult at times.
Hard work but fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London14 June 2018
Very good job, but is very hard work. Must have a very basic understanding of skincare, which isn't too hard to learn.The hardest part of the job is understanding the customers needs as each product does very different things. Knowing where the products come from and whether or not they are vegan is can be very hard to learn
Pros
50% off products
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex3 June 2018
The days were great from hosting parties to selling products. There was always something going on for everyone to join in. I learnt how to advertise and sell products to the customers giving full details on each product.
Pros
15 minutes from home
Cons
Short pay
good people to work with
Blow moulding Setter Operator (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex30 May 2018
it was a good company to work for until new Directors took over. they changed the atmosphere and sold us off, again management don't care about the workers
Pros
discount goods
Cons
Directors
Mediocre place to work, corrupt and obsolete
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
The only way for you to grow or progress is to be the Regional Manager personal friend (mainly the Greater London Region) . Nobody knows anything about anything, no organization, no proper training, no personnel development (managers), a lot of discrimination and very exploitative. TERRIBLE company to work for. The company doesn't practice what it preaches.
Good place of work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Croydon Station, Greater London16 May 2018
- Building in East Croydon is lovely

- Nice people

- Culture is friendly

- Hardest part was not being able to do a Gant chart

- Most enjoyable part of job was being a part of campaigns against animal testing, organising staff activities
Nice products
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick13 May 2018
Interesting to learn about make up and skincare, product training provided was very interesting and staff discount appealing. Colleagues were mostly easy to get on with and support from head office good.
Positive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire10 May 2018
typically a busy day at work with a positive vibe. learn a great deal about all the products and ranges which is really helpful. All the staff were really lovely
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
hot shop
workplace
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside8 May 2018
relaxed enviroment with different customers. day to day challenges, created more experience. meeting other people and their needs. helping everyone. learning how to handle problems.
fun place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport30 April 2018
i love my job ,been a part of this company for past 6 years and enjoy working there and love their product .i have learned alot and really had a good time.
fantastic company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Romford26 April 2018
Fab company to work for with amazing maternity package, policies in place work really well and the HR very supportive.
can be a lot of pressure when trying to get ready for events.
Pros
fab employee benifits
Cons
retail need o work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.