The Body Shop Employee Reviews

good people to work with
Blow moulding Setter Operator (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex30 May 2018
it was a good company to work for until new Directors took over. they changed the atmosphere and sold us off, again management don't care about the workers
Pros
discount goods
Cons
Directors
Mediocre place to work, corrupt and obsolete
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
The only way for you to grow or progress is to be the Regional Manager personal friend (mainly the Greater London Region) . Nobody knows anything about anything, no organization, no proper training, no personnel development (managers), a lot of discrimination and very exploitative. TERRIBLE company to work for. The company doesn't practice what it preaches.
Good place of work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Croydon Station, Greater London16 May 2018
- Building in East Croydon is lovely

- Nice people

- Culture is friendly

- Hardest part was not being able to do a Gant chart

- Most enjoyable part of job was being a part of campaigns against animal testing, organising staff activities
Nice products
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick13 May 2018
Interesting to learn about make up and skincare, product training provided was very interesting and staff discount appealing. Colleagues were mostly easy to get on with and support from head office good.
Positive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire10 May 2018
typically a busy day at work with a positive vibe. learn a great deal about all the products and ranges which is really helpful. All the staff were really lovely
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
hot shop
workplace
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside8 May 2018
relaxed enviroment with different customers. day to day challenges, created more experience. meeting other people and their needs. helping everyone. learning how to handle problems.
fun place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport30 April 2018
i love my job ,been a part of this company for past 6 years and enjoy working there and love their product .i have learned alot and really had a good time.
fantastic company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Romford26 April 2018
Fab company to work for with amazing maternity package, policies in place work really well and the HR very supportive.
can be a lot of pressure when trying to get ready for events.
Pros
fab employee benifits
Cons
retail need o work weekends
A company undergoing large change
Digital Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Littlehampton23 April 2018
The Body Shop is undergoing significant change following it's sale to Natura.

As you would expect the company has excellent ethics and can be an enjoyable place to work
Not a great company to work for
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South West19 April 2018
Extremely slaes and KPI focused with no incentives or bonuses given other than the occasional free product. Management was horrendous when I worked for company and went through 3 managers in 4 months and over 6 staff left in the time I was there complaining of the same issues I'm writing about.. Didn't communicate well with staff and was zero motivation or appreciation for staff. Wouldn't work for them again!
Pros
nice customers, good products, good company ethos when it comes to planet and animals
Cons
management, pay, expectations of staff, appreciation of staff, Hr, basically all internal running of company was awful.
Nice people
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield17 April 2018
I worked with a lovely team and in a nice shop. Management was wonderful and the salary was pretty competitive. Benefits of free stuff was also a bonus, along side the 40% discount.
fun workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Basildon12 April 2018
i worked at the body shop for work expierecnce for a week. i really enjoyed working here and learned a lot about the company and what working in a job is all about etc... the staff was lovely to me and very patient.
Pros
reasonable lunch hour
Cons
none at all
Good Peoples
Warehouse Operative/ Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton6 April 2018
I was working as a picker/packer. Atmosphere there was rally good. I met a lot of good peoples. Culture really good. Supervisors also they are a good people and of course really experience.
typical work day
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire6 April 2018
my typical work day would consist of the opening of the store,checking emails,figures and budgets. carrying out high standards of customer service and supervision of other colleges n]and then the banking and closure of the store at the end of the day.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
under staffed
fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian3 April 2018
I gained a lot of experience within the Body Shop. I learned how to have a good relationship with my team mates, gained experience regarding deliveries and stock take, dealt with numerous complaints, managed the till and finally making sure the customer needs were satisfied and fulfilled before leaving. It gave me a good indication too what working in the retail sector was like
Pros
free samples
Cons
Holidays were limited
Fun work environment
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford3 April 2018
Typical day at work would include replenishing shelves, serving customers on tills, beauty/skin consultations and mainly giving advice to customers.
Management are friendly and relaxed, however tend to expect you to prioritise work over everything regardless of studies/other responsibilities.
Most enjoyable part of job was learning about products and their community fair trade communities.
Very uplifting
Pros
free products
Cons
no bonus unless management
Interesting, challenging but bit stressful
Customer Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire24 March 2018
I have learnt a lot about TBS products, I was provided an excellent training for my Customer Consultant role, however I didn't get enough training for my Team Leader position. The management team often required me to work overtime at the end of the day which resulted in me missing buses and I didn't get paid for the extra 15-30 minutes that I stayed for. Very strict on performances and on average sales which made the job a bit less enjoyable for me. Overall, I got great benefits and an alright training but they do expect a lot from you as a part of the team.
Pros
discount, pension scheme, room to develop
Cons
too strict on KPI's and individual performances
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood22 March 2018
Good company. Brilliant benefits and excellent room for progression. Loved the product. Lots of company benefits and support from senior management. Definitely recommend.
productive
customer service executive (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London16 March 2018
working at the body shop was a good experience also i enjoyed this new challenge and coming out of my comfort zone.
the hardest part of the job was putting everything back in the right order on the shelves.
Pros
free perfume
Excellent Salary for a 16 year old,
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow11 March 2018
A typical day at work in Body Shop would be assisting customers. I didn't work on tills, instead in stock and helping people (because I'm not great at maths). In that respect, my manager was excellent at delegating work so that we all could play to our strengths. The wage was incredible- I've never even heard of a company paying a 16 year old living wage, and it made such a difference. I really don't have any complaints. The only difficult thing is that it's an incredibly active sales environment, so you have to learn how to sell. If you don't like approaching people, it's pretty painful. There was also great pressure to meet sales targets and at times it got stressful, but it was all worth it.
Pros
Excellent Wage
Cons
Active Pressure on sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.