The Body Shop Employee Review

View all The Body Shop reviews

Hard work, high pay off most of the time
International Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  UK7 March 2018
Most of the people are amazing. Top tier management really needs looking at! Great salary and benefits! Lots of room to own your projects and develop your skills.

Other The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Interesting job, terrible management
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire18 June 2018
The training you receive is amazing, you really get to know a lot about all the products, as well as great selling techniques. Pay is fair. But that's about where the good ends unfortunately. Management is a joke, you have very little support and feel alienated from the management team, as they have a very superior attitude. You are expected to work an insane amount of overtime, no matter how many hours your contract is. You are disciplined for things that are out of your control, such as illness or unavoidable lateness (transportation problems etc). Too much focus on individual sales targets and not enough on what actual customers want or need, so you're forced to pester them relentlessly as soon as they step in the door. Had several people complain about the amount we are required to bug them, but you are forced to do it and it annoys people.Overall, I wouldn't recommend working in this location unless you are used to a very highly sales driven environment and are never ever ill and have 30 backup plans for getting into to work on time if something goes wrong. Also be prepared to work many more hours than expected (I usually worked 20 hours a week more than I should have been).
Pros
good training
Cons
aggressive management
Fun workplace
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stansted Airport17 June 2018
I have learnt lots of things working for The Body Shop. I have gained a lot of confidence in doing makeup although I loved doing makeup on myself before starting.
Great management too!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Early and late shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.