The Body Shop Pay & Benefits reviews

good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 July 2018
I had a good time working here, it was a very good llearning experience and I llearned a lot about myself and different skills required in the role. I would say overall I wnjoyed working ehre.
Friendly Workplace
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire1 July 2018
Great Company to work for with lots of benefits and discounts. Learnt a lot about the ethics and ingredience of products.Felt there was a lot of opportunities to progress in the company.Very hard work for a retail job so you have to be motivated.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overtime of 20+ hours a week
Fun experience
Customer Consultant and Makeup Expert (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 June 2018
It’s an ok company to work for. Great benefits and discount. Although the knowledge of skincare you need is astounding. The shop floor training could use some work as well.
fantastic company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Romford26 April 2018
Fab company to work for with amazing maternity package, policies in place work really well and the HR very supportive.
can be a lot of pressure when trying to get ready for events.
Pros
fab employee benifits
Cons
retail need o work weekends
Nice people
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield17 April 2018
I worked with a lovely team and in a nice shop. Management was wonderful and the salary was pretty competitive. Benefits of free stuff was also a bonus, along side the 40% discount.
Interesting, challenging but bit stressful
Customer Consultant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire24 March 2018
I have learnt a lot about TBS products, I was provided an excellent training for my Customer Consultant role, however I didn't get enough training for my Team Leader position. The management team often required me to work overtime at the end of the day which resulted in me missing buses and I didn't get paid for the extra 15-30 minutes that I stayed for. Very strict on performances and on average sales which made the job a bit less enjoyable for me. Overall, I got great benefits and an alright training but they do expect a lot from you as a part of the team.
Pros
discount, pension scheme, room to develop
Cons
too strict on KPI's and individual performances
Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood22 March 2018
Good company. Brilliant benefits and excellent room for progression. Loved the product. Lots of company benefits and support from senior management. Definitely recommend.
Hard work, high pay off most of the time
International Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  UK7 March 2018
Most of the people are amazing. Top tier management really needs looking at! Great salary and benefits! Lots of room to own your projects and develop your skills.
Great
Supervisor ( Keyholder) (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf27 February 2018
Was fun, great and was working here for 2 years. Was a supervisor and gained excellent managerial skills. WasExcellent customer service sales assistant
Pros
Cons
Not progress on salary
Very good job but management was not good at the time
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
This was a very good job in a local store. The hours were good and there was always paid over time in my store. However the management at the time was not very professional and an incidnet at the work place caused many people to leave. The company, however, was very good to work with and the products are really nice. They have a good ethic and moral code.

Want to know more about The Body Shop?

Ask a question
fast paced and very fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
Overall good place to work but hard to adapt to short hours.
They are not honest with the hours you will be working and change them all the time.

Management is okay but could be more helpful and honest.

Nice atmosphere though.
Pros
Discount, fun, nice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, lack of training, lack of communcation.
High staff turnover!!!
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire12 January 2018
The products are good! I still use the skin-care range it's excellent!!

Its on the end of a high-street so foot fall is only busy on weekends otherwise the store is quiet 90% of the time which means that during weekdays the 10% of busy-ness you are pressured to reach unattainable targets.

Staff turn over in a small shop of only 5 staff including management, failed to keep full-time staff.

Back of shop is dirty and unclean, staff do not clean up, mugs with tea bags and plates of food are left with mould all over them in the staff area's.

Unprofessional behaviour, Very much like being in school, gossiping and two-faced.
Young staff, under 25.
Pros
The regular customers are lovely and the staff benefits are really good, lots of discounts.
Cons
Long hours, Shifts change at short notice, staff seem two-faced trying to one-up each other, unattainable targets required.
good employer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gunwharf Quays19 November 2017
Good company to work for with excellent options to progress. Salary was ok for a Customer Consultant but the difference when I stepped up was minimal.
Amazing job, questionable management.
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London15 November 2017
I worked for the company for two years and loved it, the company and the benefits are amazing. They are flexible, work around you and you get a great discount in store however I and few others from different stores had trouble with the management. From not hiring enough people to hold a store to favouritism (giving other people extra shifts over you, not giving you the time off you requested months ago). Other than that, amazing. Loved working there.
Pros
Great lunch breaks, store discount and free products.
Cons
Dodgy management, not enough or too much hours.
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich15 November 2017
Even though I only worked here for a short amount of time, I enjoyed every minute being here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, they gave me all the help and support I could ask for.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doncaster9 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for The Body Shop, great staff, great benefits and overall lovely place to work. Would highly recommend, only left due to seeking further full time employment
Productive always busy
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon29 September 2017
Was rewarding when you could show someone a product that would really bode well for them. It was also good to widen my knowledge on all the different products they have to offer and the way the engredients work well to make the product more effective
Pros
Discount
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London10 September 2017
Having to search for items for customers and running to the stockroom just in case the item has not been placed at the shop floor. I have learnt good communication skills and team work. When handling a delivery all by yourself which can be difficult as the work load is a lot more on you and you have a time limit to complete the task which can put you in stress. Having a nice meal out with one of your colleagues and having a good chat.
Pros
20 mins break
Cons
short hours
fantastic workplace
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
right throughout my employment at the body shop i was always granted work benefits and was treat equally throughout by my peers and supervisors, great company overall
Pros
great work staff
Cons
competitive sales
Great Company
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex4 September 2017
I have loved my job at The Body Shop I just wish they could of given me what I wanted! I had to relocate to get the hours I wanted yet it wasn't the same due to the traveling I had to do and although it should only be a 40 min journey, giving our train service down south I was traveling to long etc
Pros
Incredible benefits
Cons
Low contracted hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.