The Body Shop Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Nothing special
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station13 December 2017
good team to work with, learned about skincare, management do put alot of pressure on you, sometimes will make you stand outside in the freezing cold/rain to ask customers to come in. or as you to hand out leaflets outside whilst shouting the offers that we have in store as if its a market stall.
Pros
half price on all products
Cudtomer advisor
Seasonal sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria5 June 2017
I worked as seasonal relief here over a busy Christmas period it was nearly fifteen years ago so l don't have much of an opinion I do remember that they are very ethical
Great atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 April 2017
A place where you can enjoy time with customers, great fun, loads of new information witch can be used apart of working place. Opportunity to try all cosmetics.
Pros
discounts
Cons
to much preassure soemtimes
Relaxed work environment with friendly staff
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Harrogate15 November 2016
A typical day at work for me would be greeting customers as they entered the store, and helped them pick out the perfect products for themselves. I would also help unload the stock onto the shelves, as well as working on the tills. I had a lot of fun in my short time working there, and I am thankful for the experience I gained.
Demanding
christmas temporary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre10 January 2016
I would arrive, sort myself out, apply my 'trend' make up. I would then go onto the shop floor and begin my customer service. I would assist customers and serve them too. I would keep an eye on stock on the shop floor and kept this up to a desired standard. When the shop would close I would sweep and/or mop the floors while someone cashed up. I would then collect my stuff have a bag check and leave.
I gained many new skills such as till handling and customer service.
The management was good but the manager was very very demanding. My fellow co-workers were lovely and were really good workers. Hardest part of the job would have been having to carry loads of stock up the stairs to bring on to the shop floor as quick as possible. the most enjoyable part of the job would have been the interaction between myself and customers and providing the best customer service I could.
Loved working here!
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT8 January 2016
Worked here as a Christmas temp, worked with the most lovely staff and managers. Unlike other retail positions I've worked there was so much variety in what you'd get to do each day, and everyone would get an equal chance at doing each job. The hardest part of the job was probably just like any other Christmas temp position, where you have a lot to learn in a short space of time. I really enjoyed working here, in every aspect of it!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
very warm environment with loads of new faces on a daily basis
Sales assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  London, Ealing Broadway31 March 2015
Working at the body shop was a job i thoroughly enjoyed! I loved getting to know a whole new team of people that I'd be working with alongside interacting with customers, regular customers were often in and out of the shop. Despite the tiring job description of working in retail, it truly was a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Discount on products
Loved this workplace wish I could stay
Sales Consultant Xmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, SCT12 March 2015
Loved this workplace

monitoring the shop floor
helping customer enquiries
answering the telephone
stock rotation and replenishment
lovely staff
loyal customers
hardest part of the job was taking in the stock to the warehouse
most enjoyable was the customers satisfaction and seeing them return.
Cons
Non permanent job
Productive fun work place
Christmas Temp. (Former Employee) –  Colchester, ENG10 March 2015
It was great, it was such a friendly work environment, easy to settle in to. The hours were good and were adapted to my needs.
Pros
5 free products 3 times a year + 50% discount
Ok
Consultant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG12 February 2015
I learned about the body shops products, the hardest part of my job was the management, they weren't supportive, understanding. I was spoken to like a child, not an employee. the most enjoyable was meeting and making new friends, feeling a part of a team!
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
not being treated respectfully
Friendly working environment
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, ENG10 February 2015
Energetic
Friendly
Relation with employers were professional
A Task culture approach
Satisfying customer needs
Keeping up to all tasks
Fun, Lively, Busy
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG2 February 2015
When I worked at The Body Shop store in Southampton (West Quay) I was a Christmas Temp. My main responsibilities were to keep the store running smoothly, ensure that all customers needs were met as soon as possible, as over the Christmas period the store was extermely busy.
Enjoyable and challenging work place
Seasonal Employee, Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, ENG30 September 2014
Typically, a day at The Body Shop would consist of stock take, customer assistance and shop floor management.
It was a great learning environment, where knowledge of products was essential, which I acquired in my short time there.
The management team at The Body Shop were assertive and approachable, which benefited all employees there.
Co-workers were willing to help new employees and set a great example to follow; friendly to both staff and customers alike.
It was challenging to remember details of all products in a short amount of time, which was essential to find the customer their desired item.
Although it was also hard at times, succeeding in satisfying customers was also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of working at The Body Shop.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Boxing Day hours
Fantastic working environment. Excellent Training Given. On down side company only provides 4hr contracts which limits earning potential.
Sales Assistant (Temporary Christmas Staff) (Former Employee) –  Pyramids Shopping Centre, Birkenhead, Merseyside.4 February 2013
Valuable opportunity to work for a reputable retailer. Customer Care & Product knowledge key to success. My time with the body shop gave me a chance to craft my retail skills in sales, cross selling & up selling. I Also developed fabulous customer service skills. I was also set sales challenges daily which i was very successful at helping secure first position for the store for sales over the Christmas period.
My Manager was inspirational in her example as store manager and instilled confidence in all the staff. My co- workers were very friendly helpful & encouraging .
I enjoyed everyday i got to work at @The Body Shop.
The hardest part was when my contract ended & there was in the current retail climate enough available hours to offer me a permanent position.
Pros
50% staff discount on products & daily incentives too achieve targets.
Cons
contract hours available to short.