The Body Shop Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 1,395 reviews
Productive, easy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex7 August 2018
A typical day would be making sure the shop floor was tidy and products were completely stocked to the fullest. I learned about customer consultations with Make up and skincare products
Pros
great discount on products
Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London31 July 2018
I enjoyed myself and was able to use my skills such as performing makeup on customers. It really helped me gain a lot of confidence, however the environment was very tense at times.
Pros
Fun at times
Cons
Tense environment
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
I only did work experience for a month but my overall experience was positive. They had daily tasks where you could compete with over employees about sales and things in order to get discounts and produces.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managment
Enjoyable job, horrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 July 2018
Good products, friendly staff but store manager was horrible. Really unorganized and unprofessional, seemed to have no regard for peoples feelings. Other than this the job was positive.
Pros
Lovely staff friendly customers and good products
Cons
Poor management
Hard work but fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London14 June 2018
Very good job, but is very hard work. Must have a very basic understanding of skincare, which isn't too hard to learn.The hardest part of the job is understanding the customers needs as each product does very different things. Knowing where the products come from and whether or not they are vegan is can be very hard to learn
Pros
50% off products
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex3 June 2018
The days were great from hosting parties to selling products. There was always something going on for everyone to join in. I learnt how to advertise and sell products to the customers giving full details on each product.
Pros
15 minutes from home
Cons
Short pay
Positive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire10 May 2018
typically a busy day at work with a positive vibe. learn a great deal about all the products and ranges which is really helpful. All the staff were really lovely
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
hot shop
Lovely Company (Solihull)
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands22 January 2018
I was employed as a temp for Christmas.I throughly enjoyed every minute. The Management team and employees were great and the support was brilliant, I enjoyed learning all about the products even tho I was only there for a short period of time. I hope they call me back again.
Pros
Great discounts and incentives. Very friendly people
Cons
Wish there was a permanent job available.
fast paced and very fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
Overall good place to work but hard to adapt to short hours.
They are not honest with the hours you will be working and change them all the time.

Management is okay but could be more helpful and honest.

Nice atmosphere though.
Pros
Discount, fun, nice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, lack of training, lack of communcation.
Good starting job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire23 December 2017
I worked at the body shop as one of my first jobs and it was a great way to get myself into sales as you were targeted on multiple different things in store without it being too focused. The team I worked with were lovely and I felt very proud to work for a company which strived so hard to help both the planet and animals.
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich15 November 2017
Even though I only worked here for a short amount of time, I enjoyed every minute being here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, they gave me all the help and support I could ask for.
OKAY place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City Centre, North Yorkshire23 August 2017
The job advertised to me was for 8 hours a week. However a member of the team left the company with short notice so our hours were increased massively. I ended up working 16+ hours a week (I'm also a full time uni student). On one of those weeks I worked 32 hours as two members were on holiday (a manager and a sales consultant). The job was excellent for experience in sales and retail with stock takings and re-stocking the shelves daily. As I'm a uni student I found it extremely hard to balance work/uni/social life so had to leave the job before Christmas as the pressure was increasing. Management also had poor knowledge of other people's commitments- I was constantly told that university didn't teach me any 'life skills'.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Long hours 32+ hours a week
Voluntary Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire1 August 2017
The staff in the body shop were very friendly, I learned a lot from different skin cosmetics to hair products and so much more. I enjoyed helping customers find exactly what they needed and left a happy shopper.
helped cater for various backgrounds of people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 July 2017
-day consisted of ensuring customers were happy with the whole experience during their stay at body shop from the arrival to the purchases of goods
-also helped promote new lines of products
Great amount of achievement recognition
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent28 June 2017
The best thing about Body Shop was that your hard work would not go unnoticed. You get given daily goals to reach with incentives to help motivate you. If you achieve the goals, the manager will congratulate you which therefore encourages you to continue achieving good things.
Pros
free products when you reach your daily goals
Cons
not enough to do during shifts
Cudtomer advisor
Seasonal sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria5 June 2017
I worked as seasonal relief here over a busy Christmas period it was nearly fifteen years ago so l don't have much of an opinion I do remember that they are very ethical
Not Too Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London31 May 2017
The work in The Body Shop was not too bad although there was too many responsibilities and tasks that i had to meet and the salary was not enough for that type of work. The team I was working with was a bit lazy and they were always putting me down. Although I think that not all stores of The Body Shop are exactly the same so I give 3 stars.
Advancement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 May 2017
Although I was only at The Body Shop for a short period of time, but offered full time employment the progression to develop was slow moving, no in company promotions.
The best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester27 May 2017
Loved it! So fun, staff are really supportive and understanding and easy to get along with. Very open minded and open hearted. Products are easy to sell because you can believe in them.
productive and fun successful company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex18 May 2017
a youthful bubbly environment with good teamwork success in meeting sales goals consistent customer concentration.
team building games and opportunity's to earn and learn within the company.
Pros
staff get 50%off all products in store
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

The Body Shop Reviews by Location