The Body Shop Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex3 June 2018
The days were great from hosting parties to selling products. There was always something going on for everyone to join in. I learnt how to advertise and sell products to the customers giving full details on each product.
Pros
15 minutes from home
Cons
Short pay
Positive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire10 May 2018
typically a busy day at work with a positive vibe. learn a great deal about all the products and ranges which is really helpful. All the staff were really lovely
Pros
1hr lunch break
Cons
hot shop
Lovely Company (Solihull)
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands22 January 2018
I was employed as a temp for Christmas.I throughly enjoyed every minute. The Management team and employees were great and the support was brilliant, I enjoyed learning all about the products even tho I was only there for a short period of time. I hope they call me back again.
Pros
Great discounts and incentives. Very friendly people
Cons
Wish there was a permanent job available.
fast paced and very fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester13 January 2018
Overall good place to work but hard to adapt to short hours.
They are not honest with the hours you will be working and change them all the time.

Management is okay but could be more helpful and honest.

Nice atmosphere though.
Pros
Discount, fun, nice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, lack of training, lack of communcation.
Good starting job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire23 December 2017
I worked at the body shop as one of my first jobs and it was a great way to get myself into sales as you were targeted on multiple different things in store without it being too focused. The team I worked with were lovely and I felt very proud to work for a company which strived so hard to help both the planet and animals.
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich15 November 2017
Even though I only worked here for a short amount of time, I enjoyed every minute being here. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, they gave me all the help and support I could ask for.
OKAY place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City Centre, North Yorkshire23 August 2017
The job advertised to me was for 8 hours a week. However a member of the team left the company with short notice so our hours were increased massively. I ended up working 16+ hours a week (I'm also a full time uni student). On one of those weeks I worked 32 hours as two members were on holiday (a manager and a sales consultant). The job was excellent for experience in sales and retail with stock takings and re-stocking the shelves daily. As I'm a uni student I found it extremely hard to balance work/uni/social life so had to leave the job before Christmas as the pressure was increasing. Management also had poor knowledge of other people's commitments- I was constantly told that university didn't teach me any 'life skills'.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Long hours 32+ hours a week
Voluntary Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire1 August 2017
The staff in the body shop were very friendly, I learned a lot from different skin cosmetics to hair products and so much more. I enjoyed helping customers find exactly what they needed and left a happy shopper.
helped cater for various backgrounds of people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 July 2017
-day consisted of ensuring customers were happy with the whole experience during their stay at body shop from the arrival to the purchases of goods
-also helped promote new lines of products
Great amount of achievement recognition
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent28 June 2017
The best thing about Body Shop was that your hard work would not go unnoticed. You get given daily goals to reach with incentives to help motivate you. If you achieve the goals, the manager will congratulate you which therefore encourages you to continue achieving good things.
Pros
free products when you reach your daily goals
Cons
not enough to do during shifts
Not Too Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London31 May 2017
The work in The Body Shop was not too bad although there was too many responsibilities and tasks that i had to meet and the salary was not enough for that type of work. The team I was working with was a bit lazy and they were always putting me down. Although I think that not all stores of The Body Shop are exactly the same so I give 3 stars.
Advancement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 May 2017
Although I was only at The Body Shop for a short period of time, but offered full time employment the progression to develop was slow moving, no in company promotions.
The best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester27 May 2017
Loved it! So fun, staff are really supportive and understanding and easy to get along with. Very open minded and open hearted. Products are easy to sell because you can believe in them.
productive and fun successful company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex18 May 2017
a youthful bubbly environment with good teamwork success in meeting sales goals consistent customer concentration.
team building games and opportunity's to earn and learn within the company.
Pros
staff get 50%off all products in store
Cons
not enough hours
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 May 2017
working at the body shop was fun and i learnt a lot about customer satisfaction and how to perform and good customer service. as well as team working skills and communication skills.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire20 April 2017
it was a job i was very excited to start although i found myself working very long hours which i didn't mind at the start! in the end i just wasn't enjoying my job.
nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow18 April 2017
Body shop was a great place to work as i worked there at christmas time. the team was amazing and friendly. i worked as a christmas temp and got a long very well with the other temps working there and it was nice to have someone who is in the same boat as you.
Pros
great salary
Cons
unfair manager
Fun, lively, energetic
Sales adivisor/Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, UK27 March 2017
Here I started my retail career as sales advisor and worked up to assistant manager, day to day tasks were pricing of stock, store layout done to perfection, all stock was out and ensured all customers were served in a manner that fits with the company's standards. Training was done as you went here and it was brilliant from all managers the training sheets and tasks were easy to follow and I picked it up easy. The work place was amazing, everyone was friendly and easy going, all willing to help and learn and it was a family unit. The hardest part was when we changed from a normal store to one of the 3 biggest in London that The bodyshop were rolling out a new layout of the stores to see if it worked. It was tough as no one knew if it work and would the company roll it out worldwide, however we became the top selling store for a region and the new layout is in all bodyshops in the UK. The best part was changeover in store with the staff at Christmas time, the atmosphere, of the store and company was amazing and everyone really comes together as a team.
Pros
Good work hours, lovely work environmenet
Fun environment to work in.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset23 March 2017
Every day at work kind of feels the same, serving customers, completing personal consultations and makeovers. Although we often get set incentives and targets which encourage you to do better, everyone is always so friendly and it's definitely a fun company to work for. Plus you get lots of benefits.
Pros
Great discounts and benefits.
Cons
Odd shifts that change quite often.
a great place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester14 January 2017
When i worked at the body shop, it was such a fun and caring enviroment to work within. I never dreaded a day of going into the workplace, when i was new all the girls made me feel so welcome, which was such a big weight lifted of my shoulders, because i felt like i wouldnt fit in, but i became a part of the team faster than i thought i would.

I went into the bodyshop with an openmind, baring in mind I knew i was going to be given a lot of new tasks, but I honestly loved being independent and working part as a team, and working with the bodyshop you have to learn the background of the shop and the products you are selling and have an understanding, which i really enjoyed.

The managers and staff are one of the best members of staff i have ever worked with, always there when you struggled or simply just didnt understand something, they always made sure you was okay.

Some days i had up days and some days i had down days, but no matter which day that was i enjoyed it because i was always learning something new or just helping someone have the best customer experience they could possibly have.
Honestly my best part of the job was getting to meet members of staff that will be longlife friends.
Pros
good advantages on your bodyshop card
Cons
late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

The Body Shop Reviews by Location