The Body Shop Employee Reviews for Consultant

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 1,395 reviews
Fairly good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire16 July 2018
In general, my time at the Body Shop was positive, as my team were lovely and the company itself are very supportive and considerate. However we had a lot of issues with management towards the end of my employment period, and there was a massive lack of attention and support from middle management in order to help the team in my small store, and our personal lives and contracted hours were not taken into consideration whatsoever which is why I, among others, eventually left. No matter how moral and good the company as a whole is, it will always be about money and productivity at the end of the day- just keep this in mind!
Pros
discounts & incentives
Cons
poor management & training
New way of thinking
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
The Body Shop at Home is a great place to work in. You learn a lot very quickly and there is always new ideas to share with colleagues and customers. The job role is mainly based around creative sales and engaging with customers on a regular basis.

I've learned quite a few new sales techniques and how to deal with challenges that may arise, for example products not reaching customers on time and how to better engage with customers, i.e. via email, social networks etc..

Workplace culture is nice and very diverse - so you get to meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and try new things. The hardest part of the job would be facing challenges that you didn't see coming, but being patient and positive always helps, as help can come from any direction.

The most enjoyable would be receiving monthly bonuses like the body shop products and the consistent training that is available for whenever you need it and also your managers are always there to support via phone at short notice.
Pros
Diverse work life, bonuses and free products
Cons
Finding customers
enjoyable
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent10 November 2017
great way to meet new people and use lovely products, work your own hours, you get out of it what you put in. lots of support and fresh ideas to help build your business from managers.
Pros
lovely products
Cons
evening work
The Body Shop At Home
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home Based9 September 2017
I've been with TBSAH for a month now and it's the best Job role I have taken so far.. Everyone is so supportive and friendly it's like we are one big family.
Flexible
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham6 September 2017
I really enjoy working for the body shop at home. It's very flexible for me to work around my spare time. I enjoy meeting new customers and sharing my journey joining the Body Shop with people who are looking at becoming a consultant like me
Pros
Good Commisons
Cons
Can sometimes be hard
overall good
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK16 May 2017
really good job security and advancement opportunities.
very poor work/life balance, rotas constantly changed last minute and never finish on time so only good if you are extremely flexible.
Pros
job security/advancement
Cons
work/life balance
Great if you are able to get party bookings
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire2 January 2017
you travel around and run parties for your clients in their homes and do demonstrations of the body shop products, and show the client and their friends how to do massages
Overall good place to learn
BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  London4 December 2016
Learnt a lot in this workplace. Developed some new Automation Program to reduce manual efforts. Co-workers are so co-operative.
nice place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey22 March 2016
• Dealing with customer enquiries.
• Welcome every customer to the store and deliver all aspects of “Inspire the Customer.”
• Build loyalty through the use of “Love Your Body “cards.
• (Make up – Skin care ) Know the product details in terms of what it does, how the customer will feel using it and what great ingredients they have.
• Ensuring Health and Safety is maintained in the workplace.
fantastic for meeting new people
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire11 November 2015
I loved meeting new people and having fun . I just wanted a full time position and I feel I wasn't able to do this with The Body Shop At Home.
Great Culture
commerce consultant (Former Employee) –  vicoria13 February 2015
A good, comfortable and relaxing culture to work in. It's important to stay focused and to do a good job. The atmosphere is fun and extremely collaborative. My team mates were a great asset to the learning environment at work.
Enjoyable Hobbie
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, ENG24 October 2014
Work your own hours
Manage your own work
Earn as much as you want
Training support is given
Pros
Get free Body Shop products & incentives to be won
Flexible Earning
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, ENG15 September 2014
The Body Shop at Home is a brilliant company to work for. They provide you with all the tools and support you need to drive your own business.
Self Employed
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derby14 March 2014
I am working to get myself know and it is hard to start with but its starting to come together and makes for an interesting time x
great opportunity
consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, ENG16 January 2014
if you are willing to keep up the role this is great and very social also.
Productive and fun
Stockroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, ENG15 January 2014
A typical day for me was to get stuck into to the stockroom and unpack all the boxes.
i learnt that work places like this can be friendly and i gained more experience to my stockroom experience.
The managment is fantastic, just how how work place should be ran.
hardest part of the job is equal because everything is tough.
The most enjoable part of the job is the people.
Hard To Keep Working.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk area.26 January 2013
I quite enjoyed working for Body Shop at home to begin with, it was very easy to get my first 10 or so orders, mainly from family and friends. After I had gained a few loyal people who kept ordering monthly it was OK, but unfortunately getting new orders in from strangers was difficult there was a lot of let downs and people not paying me by deadline times etc.
My manger was very helpful for the first couple of months when I was getting big orders from lots of people but as soon as I started to get less orders I was basically ignored and asking for help got me no where - this is not a generalization as there are many different managers for The Body Shop at home.
Pros
25% off
Cons
long distance traviling for orders that don't even cover petrol cost.