The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Overall enjoyed my time there
Process Operator/ Goods In (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton15 October 2018
Worked there for many years as a process operator in the production dept, also worked in the goods in dept, the company is very different these days as it has changed ownership twice since I left, so what it is like today I know not.
Pros
Today I know not
Cons
today I could not say as it is run by a new company
Enjoyable
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
Great experience and a really fun atmosphere and environment as combining work elements along with party elements to create an enjoyable event for people.
Nothing to add
International Retail Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex9 October 2018
Nothing to add - I do not wish to review any of the companies I have worked for. My experience with the company was exactly that - MY experience and I can't see how that can be helpful to any future candidate searching for a role at that company.
Wrongly accused of stealing. General backstabbing
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, Lancashire29 September 2018
Worked for only 2 weeks before manager started hassling me about my low targets when it was her fault for lack of training - also full of girls who decided to try to bully me and find faults at my expense when there were none. I would say avoid completely. You get treated like just another number.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, no social life, awful members of staff, betrayal, lack of trust
body shop
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall26 September 2018
Body Shop Consultancy is different to other jobs because you do the work in your own time, your own hours. The work load that you put in will be reflected in what you get out.
Friendly, hard working environment
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thanet, Kent16 September 2018
A shift involves focusing on customer needs. It is a friendly environment to work in. At the end of a shift we have to fill up the shelf’s and make sure the store is presentable. Will have to change the shop around when there is a move.
I work 8 hours a week minimum.
Management is lovely and good at designating tasks to employees. Task have to be completed quickly and efficiently.
Work environment is often busy and everyone is hard working. Focusing on the customer and fullifing their needs is essential.
Constantly learning new skills and can adapt easily to new situations. I can obtain information easily.
Pros
Staff discount and free products
Cons
Not enough hours
producting and different workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  York5 September 2018
Lovely staff that are always on hand if needing help with stocktake or cleaning. The atmosphere is always welcoming and the smells are fantastic. Management are kind and useful when in need of more knowledge of products.
Responsibility
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton30 August 2018
In so doing, I develop a willingness to go extra mile for our customers with good communication skills my sense of good attitude, responsibility, reliability, and professionalism. The hardest part when you saw different customers opinion and you are trying to be attitude and nice to them however its so enjoyable work I did.
Great!
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde27 August 2018
Brilliant place to work. The atmosphere is great, 50% off all products and 5 products replenished for you throughout the year! The management system where I was was shaky, but only because we were soon to be closed down due to there not being enough footfall in the shop - which was due to the shopping centre we were based in, to be hitting hard times.
fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2018
fun workplace, good benefits, most enjoyable part is the customers and learning about the company products and company ethos. the company look after their employees
Amazing place to work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull13 August 2018
I loved this job, but unfortunately I had to leave due to university commitments. The team I worked with were brilliant and the management was great. The incentives set were also very good.
Brilliant workplace
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire12 August 2018
Was a delight to represent the company and work for such a blooming business with such fantastic staff. Unfortunately I never made it to a permanent position as i was only with the company for several months but it was a brilliant job, i learnt so much being an employee for this company.
Productive, easy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex7 August 2018
A typical day would be making sure the shop floor was tidy and products were completely stocked to the fullest. I learned about customer consultations with Make up and skincare products
Pros
great discount on products
Fun Workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London31 July 2018
I enjoyed myself and was able to use my skills such as performing makeup on customers. It really helped me gain a lot of confidence, however the environment was very tense at times.
Pros
Fun at times
Cons
Tense environment
Challenging
Warehouse Operative, Co–ordinator (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton30 July 2018
Worked in the warehouse, terrible management team. A lot was expected from the worker and not even once i heard one of the management teams to say THANK YOU. Very little english talking people, very hard to communicate if not polish or russians.
Pros
Cons
management team
good experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 July 2018
I had a good time working here, it was a very good llearning experience and I llearned a lot about myself and different skills required in the role. I would say overall I wnjoyed working ehre.
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
I only did work experience for a month but my overall experience was positive. They had daily tasks where you could compete with over employees about sales and things in order to get discounts and produces.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managment
Enjoyable job, horrible management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 July 2018
Good products, friendly staff but store manager was horrible. Really unorganized and unprofessional, seemed to have no regard for peoples feelings. Other than this the job was positive.
Pros
Lovely staff friendly customers and good products
Cons
Poor management
Fairly good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire16 July 2018
In general, my time at the Body Shop was positive, as my team were lovely and the company itself are very supportive and considerate. However we had a lot of issues with management towards the end of my employment period, and there was a massive lack of attention and support from middle management in order to help the team in my small store, and our personal lives and contracted hours were not taken into consideration whatsoever which is why I, among others, eventually left. No matter how moral and good the company as a whole is, it will always be about money and productivity at the end of the day- just keep this in mind!
Pros
discounts & incentives
Cons
poor management & training
Friendly Workplace
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire1 July 2018
Great Company to work for with lots of benefits and discounts. Learnt a lot about the ethics and ingredience of products.Felt there was a lot of opportunities to progress in the company.Very hard work for a retail job so you have to be motivated.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overtime of 20+ hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.