The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
fun workplace
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 September 2017
A Christmas time job earning lots of experience and learning a little about the world of work, enjoyed my time and other staff. lots of happy joyful customers
Pros
discount on products
Cons
temp contract
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London10 September 2017
Having to search for items for customers and running to the stockroom just in case the item has not been placed at the shop floor. I have learnt good communication skills and team work. When handling a delivery all by yourself which can be difficult as the work load is a lot more on you and you have a time limit to complete the task which can put you in stress. Having a nice meal out with one of your colleagues and having a good chat.
Pros
20 mins break
Cons
short hours
Flexible
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham6 September 2017
I really enjoy working for the body shop at home. It's very flexible for me to work around my spare time. I enjoy meeting new customers and sharing my journey joining the Body Shop with people who are looking at becoming a consultant like me
Pros
Good Commisons
Cons
Can sometimes be hard
fantastic workplace
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
right throughout my employment at the body shop i was always granted work benefits and was treat equally throughout by my peers and supervisors, great company overall
Pros
great work staff
Cons
competitive sales
Great Company
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex4 September 2017
I have loved my job at The Body Shop I just wish they could of given me what I wanted! I had to relocate to get the hours I wanted yet it wasn't the same due to the traveling I had to do and although it should only be a 40 min journey, giving our train service down south I was traveling to long etc
Pros
Incredible benefits
Cons
Low contracted hours
Body Shop
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 September 2017
In this job I was required to interact with customers and help them with their enquiries, stock products on the shelves, prepare gift bags and help with the merchandising of the store. I was required to work under pressure while maintaining a high standard.
scc/cc
Senior customer consultant/ customer consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2017
the body shop in one of the best retail company's to work for. Your taught a lot about the products almost everyday which is amazing for both you and the customers. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team that filled with young people keen to learn and move up. The hardest part is not being able to plan your life around your job due to rotas being sent out last minute every week.
Pros
good pay for retail
Cons
rota is given out late
Family Vibe
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex31 August 2017
I worked in one of the franchises. It's a small shop and gives a family vibe. The products are wonderful and I enjoyed selling them. I'd definitely recommend applying to work for this company.
not great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 August 2017
little money for the amount of work you put in.
would not go back to working to the company as you get taken for granted and career development is poor.
OKAY place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York City Centre, North Yorkshire23 August 2017
The job advertised to me was for 8 hours a week. However a member of the team left the company with short notice so our hours were increased massively. I ended up working 16+ hours a week (I'm also a full time uni student). On one of those weeks I worked 32 hours as two members were on holiday (a manager and a sales consultant). The job was excellent for experience in sales and retail with stock takings and re-stocking the shelves daily. As I'm a uni student I found it extremely hard to balance work/uni/social life so had to leave the job before Christmas as the pressure was increasing. Management also had poor knowledge of other people's commitments- I was constantly told that university didn't teach me any 'life skills'.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Long hours 32+ hours a week
Good
Retail (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 August 2017
I created a good bond with my co-workers. I learnt what a typical day at work in retail would be like. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unnecessarily rude customers. The staff were all great people and made me feel comfortable as well as being professional and creating a nice and comfortable environment for both the workers and the customers.
Bad environment to work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London16 August 2017
Company with bad work environment, rude people, lack of strategy.
Poor leadership support and weak strategic vision.
I do not recommend as a company to work for those who like a good balance between work and personal life.
The best of the company is the multicultural environment.
Pros
good office
Cons
bad envirnoment, rude people, lack of strategy
Make a family of friends
Senior Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire11 August 2017
Brilliant job but hours and security isn't there, massive let down. Warm and friendly environment nice people to work with. Good staff benefits. Amazing ethics
Pros
Good staff benefits, nice people, great ethics, warm and friendly
Cons
Not enough hours or security to progress
Fun and exciting company with great beauty products
Customer Consultant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Euston, Greater London10 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at The Body Shop. Unfortunately due to lack of career progression and working long hours I was inclined to look for a better job elsewhere.
store opening
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2017
This was my first experience at opening a store, it was very exciting and I was responsible for stock, staff and running of the store during set up and thereafter.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
low wage
Voluntary Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire1 August 2017
The staff in the body shop were very friendly, I learned a lot from different skin cosmetics to hair products and so much more. I enjoyed helping customers find exactly what they needed and left a happy shopper.
helped cater for various backgrounds of people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 July 2017
-day consisted of ensuring customers were happy with the whole experience during their stay at body shop from the arrival to the purchases of goods
-also helped promote new lines of products
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester23 July 2017
i enjoyed gaining new skills and helping others. i liked new challenges and different daily tasks.
i was supposed to receive till training but that often got delayed.
i enjoyed the experience and the new friends i made.
Not the same since owned by L'Oreal
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool21 July 2017
Currently "for sale"

Love the products and the loyal customers but area and senior management is poor

A loss making arm of the multi national L'Oreal company
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London17 July 2017
It was a really fun working experience, I learnt new skills and new ways to improve my daily life. The people their a really nice and caring. They helped me out a lot in the job.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Long break hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval