The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 393 reviews matching the search See all 1,396 reviews
Good experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire14 December 2018
As my first place of work experience, it was a helpful job as it was my first exposure to working in retail, and I learned how to work with people, as well as work well as a member of a team.
Not organised
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow24 November 2018
not paid enough for amount of duties you undertake
management are not organised
shifts changed and you wont be notified
no work/life balance
work place culture is not healthy
Perfect for keeping home life in tact.
Home Consultant - From Home (Current Employee) –  home17 November 2018
Body shop at home is a great company as there are always incentives for your hard work.it fits around my life style and my children. There are ways to get promoted with the right mind set you can get far very quickly in this company.
the body shop at home
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Home Based2 November 2018
great opportunity to progress and work your own hours. company ethic is amazing and always support when you need it. Brilliant company all in all. Helping pay for christmas
Not enjoyable
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh25 October 2018
I worked for the body shop for 10 yrs the company is slowly going down hill, no support at all from senior management team, unless you are one of the better performing stores , the way they make you hassle customers from the moment they enter the store is disgusting!!! Low staff moral due to staff levels and no support!! I would definitely think twice about working for the body shop, store managers leaving all over the place tells you something!!! Not a good company to work for
Pros
50% discount and free make up throughout the year
Cons
Bad pay, no support network, bad senior management
great
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire22 October 2018
enjoyable. loved working there, great company, many benefits. The products are all amazing and ethically sourced ie no palm oil. Enjoyed working with customers
A great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol16 October 2018
I found the atmosphere very exciting but not too stressful I found that when in need of help I would be able to get help although my workload was not too much for me so this was rare. overall I would recommend working here.
Pros
appropriate breaks
Cons
Overall enjoyed my time there
Process Operator/ Goods In (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton15 October 2018
Worked there for many years as a process operator in the production dept, also worked in the goods in dept, the company is very different these days as it has changed ownership twice since I left, so what it is like today I know not.
Pros
Today I know not
Cons
today I could not say as it is run by a new company
Enjoyable
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 October 2018
Great experience and a really fun atmosphere and environment as combining work elements along with party elements to create an enjoyable event for people.
Nothing to add
International Retail Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex9 October 2018
Nothing to add - I do not wish to review any of the companies I have worked for. My experience with the company was exactly that - MY experience and I can't see how that can be helpful to any future candidate searching for a role at that company.
Wrongly accused of stealing. General backstabbing
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, Lancashire29 September 2018
Worked for only 2 weeks before manager started hassling me about my low targets when it was her fault for lack of training - also full of girls who decided to try to bully me and find faults at my expense when there were none. I would say avoid completely. You get treated like just another number.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
Long hours, no social life, awful members of staff, betrayal, lack of trust
body shop
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall26 September 2018
Body Shop Consultancy is different to other jobs because you do the work in your own time, your own hours. The work load that you put in will be reflected in what you get out.
Friendly, hard working environment
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thanet, Kent16 September 2018
A shift involves focusing on customer needs. It is a friendly environment to work in. At the end of a shift we have to fill up the shelf’s and make sure the store is presentable. Will have to change the shop around when there is a move.
I work 8 hours a week minimum.
Management is lovely and good at designating tasks to employees. Task have to be completed quickly and efficiently.
Work environment is often busy and everyone is hard working. Focusing on the customer and fullifing their needs is essential.
Constantly learning new skills and can adapt easily to new situations. I can obtain information easily.
Pros
Staff discount and free products
Cons
Not enough hours
producting and different workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  York5 September 2018
Lovely staff that are always on hand if needing help with stocktake or cleaning. The atmosphere is always welcoming and the smells are fantastic. Management are kind and useful when in need of more knowledge of products.
Responsibility
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton30 August 2018
In so doing, I develop a willingness to go extra mile for our customers with good communication skills my sense of good attitude, responsibility, reliability, and professionalism. The hardest part when you saw different customers opinion and you are trying to be attitude and nice to them however its so enjoyable work I did.
Great!
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde27 August 2018
Brilliant place to work. The atmosphere is great, 50% off all products and 5 products replenished for you throughout the year! The management system where I was was shaky, but only because we were soon to be closed down due to there not being enough footfall in the shop - which was due to the shopping centre we were based in, to be hitting hard times.
fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2018
fun workplace, good benefits, most enjoyable part is the customers and learning about the company products and company ethos. the company look after their employees
Amazing place to work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull13 August 2018
I loved this job, but unfortunately I had to leave due to university commitments. The team I worked with were brilliant and the management was great. The incentives set were also very good.
Brilliant workplace
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire12 August 2018
Was a delight to represent the company and work for such a blooming business with such fantastic staff. Unfortunately I never made it to a permanent position as i was only with the company for several months but it was a brilliant job, i learnt so much being an employee for this company.
Productive, easy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex7 August 2018
A typical day would be making sure the shop floor was tidy and products were completely stocked to the fullest. I learned about customer consultations with Make up and skincare products
Pros
great discount on products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.