Play YouTube video button

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

United Kingdom497 reviews
Featured review
The Body Shop selected this as a representative review
My time at the bodyshop has been very pleasant. The store has a friendly environment and I love the people I work with. There’s good bonus’ and incentives.
Relaxing way of work style. Nice company and colleagues.
Nice working atmosohere and colleagues. New way of working is great! which is allows staff to work how and where they want. Fair rules acorss management and junior staff. Fair pay too.
uses people as cannon fodder
They have a short term lease in part of an old run down warehouse in Durrington.Judging by the lack of investment at this shabby site and the picking locations/part numbers printed on A4 paper they are only there until the lockdown ends.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
Gives lipservice to employee well being
Middle management say the right things about employee well being, but actually do not protect staff from stress, burn out and working incredibly long hours.
Pros
Free products when launches occurr - which is amazing
Cons
Evenings and weekend work was expected without being part of the job description or interview
The Body Shop Uk
Exigencia muy alta de experticia y conocimiento de producto
Muy mala gestión de RR HH

Posibilidades de ascenso muy difíciles
Great for someone who wants to work in beauty or retail
Brilliant experience. Helped with confidence when talking to customers and helped with knowledge of skincare which can be later used on other skin care careers.
Not a people company
Don't look after their staff and favouritism in all stores by all management. Your hard work is not appreciated there is no work life balance it is work work work
A Great Job
I enjoyed my time at The Body Shop where I worked full-time for 4 years. It is a relaxed environment with some great colleagues. I found advancement to be difficult as even after a long length of service and dedication to my role, I was unable to progress into key holder.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No Advancement
A wonderfull place to work
Its a grate place to work and everyone is really easy to get along with its a really relaxed inviroment the workers are really friendly and so is the manager
Body Shop
I enjoyed working at Body shop and everyone was friendly. I usually worked in the stock room which I didn't mind as everyone that came in and out were always friendly.
Great place to work!
The best job I’ve had so far lovely staff, amazing management! Everything done fairly and such a great team! Although I was Christmas temp I felt like I’d been there for years!
Great Company
Great company to work for - good management and teamwork, and good supportive environment. Although I was only a Christmas temp, the managers trained us very well and were always there to help.
Loved working here
I was a Christmas Temp working about the body shop and in the short space of time I have lover every moment of it. The staff who work there are soo nice and head office are really lovely.
Horrendous pay
Working all overtime hours god sends just to make up the ridiculous pay packet.
Long hours standing up all day, awful online training that teaches you nothing yet you’re expected to know every ingredient in every product
Exciting, challenging, uplifting and fulfilling
I started working for The Body Shop just under two years ago to provide some part-time steady income alongside starting up my own business.

I very quickly fell completely in love with the company and my job in general, so much so that I eventually moved my focus away from my business and onto pursuing a career fully at The Body Shop.

Since working for the body shop, I have gone on lots of amazing development/training trips and worked at a few of their events (Big Christmas launch event in London and concept store opening events etc.) as well as being put on a Business Management Diploma which is not only funded by TBS but the work is done on company time, so I'm also getting paid to gain a qualification!

The day-to-day work is generally quite standard... Dealing with customers, advising on skincare/makeup etc. but there is a lot of opportunity to undertake extra projects to keep things exiting and full-filling.

You have the opportunity to do paid volunteering, workshops, events etc through the store for whatever charities or good causes you care about.

The only con, for me, with where I work is that I won't be able to become a manager until the current manager leaves without relocating quite far away.
Summer job
Would recommend compared to other companies in the area because people are treated good compared but there is 0 job security and some weeks you could earn 300 some 150 on which you really cant live might be suitable for a summer job.
An amazing place to work
Great benefits within the company, a supportive and growth encouraging company that makes sure you feel valued as an employee, plus an actual fair living wage!
Lovely company but not a nice place to work
Huge fan of the body shop as a company, I love the ethics too (I actually work for the body shop at home as well) but working in store was not as good as I thought it would be. Didn’t feel like I was treated fairly at all. Bad management.
Loved it
Amazing place to work, would definitely go back in a heart beat, only left as it was Christmas temp! The managers were lovely and so easy to get along with
The body shop
Amazing products
Amazing benefits

Loads and loads of paper work for management

Regional managers some were amazing and some had crazy styles of management
Productive and positive
A typical day at The Body Shop would consist of greeting customers and helping them find the products they are looking for, or recommending products to suit their needs. I would demonstrate products onto customers and explain the products. I would stock shelves and serve people on the till.