The BOC Group

The BOC Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
great place to work with great pay and lovely people would Defoe recommend hours were good on a 3 shift pattern work not to much for the money hope you enjoy
To be honest job was ok if they left you to it ridiculous timed deliveries, transport manager not a clue how to man manage, always telling you how job should be done.
Fun workplace, great team , great work family balance, flex work patten, excellent company benefits such as pension scheme, private health and team performane bonus scheme
Good place to work, great team of people. The job was challenging some days and others good. Not an exciting administration job but good hours and easy going.
I took early retirement from this company had various positions here and enjoyed the varied and interesting different roles. I went temping and ended up at jackson lloyd where I currerntly work
Pros
distance
Cons
distance
I enjoyed working at BOC. The management arent great but the overall atmosphere in the office is very good. The salary is also very good for the position itself.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Good company to work for. Management have poor people skills. After 2 years there on pertemps books I've decided to leave. My last shift is on 13/07/18.
Pros
No deduction on time for breaks.
Cons
Shifts.
BOC are in the dark ages where technology is concerned want to be forward thinking but want to do everything on the cheap with as little staff as possible. Over the last few years the only thought is how to cut back with very little thought as to how existing employees feel. Shame it used to be a great place but no one feels valued anymore.
Pros
Local
Cons
Dont care about staff
Employed as a Piping Mechanical Engineer then doing QA/QC, Site Construction Mangers role etc they place people who need to be supported and shown how to do their job and have wrong job titles.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Expenses Paid
A company who's only mantra is to now outsource and cut. Staff don't feel valued anymore and the company still arrogantly thinks they are amazing. The company could become great again, but it needs to start thinking more radically and implementing decisions quicker.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Outdated tech and under constant threat of job cuts
Was an incredible company to work for and it was a privilege to be part of BOC through the growth period and I am proud to have contributed.Unfortunately like many large companies operating in shrinking markets, times become testing and difficult. Alas ,overseas ownership saw huge asset stripping thus a loss of highly experience "BOC" people.I am afraid that has had detrimental effect on not only its staff but sadly on all its customers. Standards have slipped and so has customer focus. Its such a shame because I really did enjoy working and representing the old BOC , but like many find it hard to recognise in its new guise. Where there was once a chance of a lengthy rewarding career now lies scores of agency staff who know its only a temporary job...and sadly you do get what you pay for. Just glad I experienced some very rewarding years.
Professional company with good training and ethics. Good management structure and caring outlook. Forward looking and ahead of competitors. Well respected.
Pros
Salary, pension.
Cons
Heavy lifting involved.
Front line maintenance as a priority Calibration and maintenance of all instrumentation and associated equipment Maintenance of all calibration records Liaising with contractors Main problem was weak management Hardest part - Getting the right person to own the right problem. Best part - the rare time I caught up and could devote time to improving working enviroment.
Pros
Excellent renumeration
Cons
Difficult to progress due to misplaced loyalties in management
I worked here for a short period of time but the place was great, could get on with everyone, could have a laugh while working, managers/supervisors treat you as an equal, and will help anyone individually.
a typical day would be logging on to the system and seeing what jobs are on. Then prioritize the jobs in order of critical need. Get to work the the jobs.
Pros
Theres a kitchen to cook meals
Cons
slow days
I was responsible for greeting all visitors onto site and answering the switchboard and transferring calls to the relevant people. The management were very approachable for work related issues and personal issues. My co-workers were very approachable and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was covering when people were off and having to multi task, especially as this was my first job. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning everything to know about office work.
Pros
Excellent salary and pension
Cons
Sometimes tended to be rather quite in the office
An enjoyable work history of nearly 19 years. Due to a global structure change the company is adopting new focus and a complete change management culture to drive success in the coming years. But this will only serve to make the new organisation, leaner, stronger & more effective over the next few years to be more competitive long term.
Pros
Mature company
Cons
varied silo cultures
Working in this fast paced environment can be rewarding and presents opportunities for career progression. The training for new starters is very comprehensive and continues throughout your journey with the company.
Pros
Salary
BOC is an excellent company to work for, I managed to achieve several promotions in my 15 years here so far. They offer excellent training and safety is key for the company.
challenging day with a wide range of skills required . For challenging customers problems to be solved .Working as a team of 2 or myself . Solving customers problems giving job satisfaction.
Pros
customers
Cons
customers
An old British company in many respects still in the dark ages. Still to embrace modern technology and modern day work ethics