The Blyth Academy Employee Reviews

Fun
PE Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland10 July 2017
I done work experience here aswell as going to school here and the working environment is totally different to the education environment the working environment is less strict than the education environment but they both have masses amounts of respect and this school is such a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The work experience role was enjoyable.
2 week work experience. (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne19 February 2016
It was only a 2 week work experience as a waiter in a hotel but i found it to be very enjoyable. You always got to see a variety of different people and you were always on the move from table to table.
Pros
free lunch and short hours.
Cons
only 2 weeks.
Fantastic staff
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blyth, ENG14 July 2015
Very busy reception. I work with a fantastic team. The hardest part is dealing with parents, some can be quiet tough to deal with, but your here to help. Best part is when you know you have helped someone and you can see the difference. job but has rewards with, mainly working with fantastic people.
All take
teacher (Former Employee) –  engineering9 December 2014
Expected to be in school very early to get your work prepared. 90 min early was not an exception. Learnt a lot about application of ICT.
The management demanded you work long hours. 1 HR before the start of the day and 2hrs after was not an exception but no one would ask you to do this it was just expected. Staff turnover was very high. Staff hardworking and very supportive of each other. The most difficult was keeping up with the recording data about the pupils.
The facilities are excellent and the discipline is also excellent with good support from senior staff in dealing with disruptive pupils.
Pros
Free lunch good support from management.
Cons
Long hours not allowed direct access to principle of the academy
Production and fun work place that helped me develop skills
Classroom Assistant/Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Blyth, ENG10 October 2014
My typical day of work consisted of me working from 8:30am til 3:30pm. I enjoyed my work experience as it helped me develop further social skills. I found it easy to work with co-workers as i like to work in a group, however I find it easy to work independent. The hardest part of my time in this job was the new challenges, each day was different. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to find out what it felt like to have to follow rules everyday, because it prepared me for future experiences.
Pros
Developing skills
Cons
Getting used to a daily routine
Hard working and co-operative colleagues
Maths Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blyth14 January 2014
I have enjoyed working with the young people of Blyth again and have built many positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
Pros
Never a dull moment!