The Bell Inn Employee Reviews

Under Better Management
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdswell, Kent1 February 2019
Good starter job, friendly place, has improved massively over the past four years.The previous management was the hardest part of the job but since going back there recently it is a much nicer environment.
Only use trial shifts as means of having staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 January 2019
I went in to do a trial shift, 4 hours(maximum is usually 3, 4 is a whole shift) and the customers told me they have someone new everyday, which leads me to believe that they ring people for a trial shift, get the work done and then ask someone else for a trial shift. Bad company to work for, customers are lovely though.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Nice customers
Okay workplace
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Herefordshire22 October 2018
Its an okay work place but I've learned all i can. They are good when booking holidays off, it's far away from most places so having a car or living close is good but i no long live near.
loved every second
Kitchen Worker and Barman (Former Employee) –  Reading10 October 2018
Worked hours that suited me, no pressure to perform or hit targets, can not fault the management, everyone was easy to get along with and ive made friends that i will keep in contact with for a very very long time
Pros
long breaks
Cons
pay
Friendly workplace
chef/front of house (Former Employee) –  Ladbroke1 October 2018
Very friendly working atmosphere, Staff are very hardworking. Unsociable hours are to be worked various shifts covering weekend.
Fun place to work !!!!!
The Bell Inn
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Charlbury27 September 2018
The Bell Inn is not the best place to work as as the management is shocking as the mangers can't inform and give them secure hours. when they do work they aren't allowed to get on with their job as the mangers are having to keep pulling them away so that they can help them as they aren't capable to do it them self's.
secondly another issue is that there are too many any issues with the building as is needs all its water pipping redoing and the same goes for it's electrical wiring and gas work.
Welcoming
Pot Washer (Current Employee) –  Old sodbury18 September 2018
All the staff are supportive and friendly, I've never had any problems whilst working there. It's a good first job place as everyone is so friendly so you quickly get over your nerves and become more comfortable at work.
Pros
Vouchers for employee of the month
Cons
None to think of
Busy but fun
Waitress/bar maid (Former Employee) –  Launceston, Cornwall16 September 2018
The bell is run by a friendly happy couple who take the well-being of their staff very seriously. They like to have happy staff who work hard but like to have fun too
Pros
Free lunch and coffees during work time then 50% off out of work
Cons
Long busy shifts
The Bell is a great place!!!
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Walberswick10 August 2018
The Bell Inn is a great place to work with an amazing team to back it up.
They are passionate about their customers and try their best to make customer experience the best the can in every circumstance.

The Bell is a great place to work if you don't need to balance you home and work life.
Nice place.
Waiter and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kent7 August 2018
This is a nice place to work, it is a well kept establishment. Locals are lovely and the work was never bad. I enjoyed my time here and rate it as one of my best experiances for working. I worked in both the kitchen and the front of house so have full experiance around this place.
Fun place to work
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Coleshill31 July 2018
Freindly fun staff, lively local tegular customers. Management are very freindly. You can choose to work the same hours or work on a more flexible basis.
Hard, insecure work hours
Waitress (Former Employee) –  old Sodbury, UK27 May 2018
Expected a lot of a trainee, as well as almost got fired for the little mistakes. Felt like an idiot and had to put a smile on my face even though i wanted to cry on the inside. Chefs are rude and inappropriately sexual towards staff. Always had panic attacks that i had to smile through. I just do not think i am cut out to be a waitress. My shift hours were never secure, they kept dropping me at a moments notice, and could send me home when i was on the job.
Pros
tips
Cons
Insecure work hours
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Haughton, Staffordshire27 May 2018
A typical day at work would be very simple, with not a lot of skills learnt due to the simplicity of the job. Management was very poor and instead of helping the employees to learn, would just shout at them.
Unique enivrent to work, a place you can be yourself, have fun and work hard.
Barmaid, Waitress and cook (Current Employee) –  Castle Hedingham23 May 2018
The is flexibility and adaptability, the is understanding and support, the are opportunities and never a typical day. The atmosphere is very welcoming and different for both staff and customers. It is easy to settle in and reach out for support and guidance of need be. The is a good level of professionalism and a healthy serving of never take life too seriously!
fun workplace
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Willersey, UK15 April 2018
great management and enviroment. really helped me progessed and enhanced by skills within a work establishment. the hardest part was that your hours change each week which could be problematic.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
was only offered night shifts
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Broadway10 March 2018
Lots of cleaning was required as well as tidying and being a waitress. I met a lot of friendly people as it was a warm and welcoming environment so we had lots of customers. I enjoyed talking to and engaging with the customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Met a lot of people, nice environment, felt safe
Cons
Not many customers, poor wage
Great Local Pub
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Alresford28 February 2018
Great experience The Bell was The Heart of the Community! Good and long lasting relation with clientele, mean it was very demanding but was a great place to learn Pub Trade and keep friendship with many of my customers!
Cons
very long hours
Pot washer/ waitress
Pot Washer/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eckington19 February 2018
I was mocked here by other staff members because we had different backgrounds. I found this difficult to deal with and an upsetting environment to be around.
Bad atmosphere
Barmaid (Former Employee) –  Minster, Kent23 January 2018
I didn't enjoy working here AT ALL! It was badly run, the beers ran out all the time, and a massive dog was allowed behind the bar. The glasses were dribbled on, and some were knocked over by the dog's tail. Hardly any customers came in, so I was getting paid £5.60 an hour to stand there and do nothing. I'd only get 6 hours a week, which I wasn't happy with.
Pros
n/a
too demanding
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stanford le Hope, Essex20 January 2018
my first shift at the bell I was told to leave by every single member of staff. everyone warned me how demanding and low paying it was, which turned out to be true. not worth the money