The Avenues Trust Group Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent30 March 2019
I used to work there many years ago, it was lovely back then I do not know how it is now.
The payment was always accurate and met lovely people. The service users were great and you could take on extra shifts if you wanted.
If I could go back in time I should have never leave that place but I had to due to personal reasons.
Pros
job secuity, people, great staff, good management back then
Cons
I did not like the fact that employees formed groups based on their ethnicity.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey30 November 2018
Working with young people with learning difficulties and mental health issues.

I have learnt to be more patient and about how mental health issues affect people on a day to day basis and how they deal with it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and seeing the difference you make in their life.

The hardest part of the job is you emotionally going through there problems with them.
Lovely welcoming company
HR ADMINISTRATOR FTC (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London16 August 2018
Really welcoming company with excellent training facilities and internal progression opportunities. would recommend this organisation to anyone looking to change career.
17 August 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

Horrible place to work
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Avenues22 June 2018
Management are all corrupt do what they want its like a playground no respect for staff, spiteful 2 faced kids running the show have lunch trips to asda and where they please lock themselves in office. If any issues and you report you get punished and the story is twisted. No support from any one regardless of numerous complaints about particular management they get away with it and all of a sudden the reporter has problems. Management favortisum staff and manipulate the weaker ones.avoid this workplace you get treated lower than low and when the s hits the fan your the bad guy they all out for themselves and love a cover up. Could go on for days AVOID.
25 June 2018

We appreciate your feedback and we are truly sorry you feel this way.
We take your feedback very seriously and will present this to the appropriate persons.

We are always working to be and do better -
- We do listen to all staff members regardless of your position or length of stay in the company
- One of our core values is respect and we take it very seriously.
- We always provide support to all member of staff

We apologies once again and will deal with your feedback appropriately.

No!! We dont have the right to say anything. Avoid...
SW (Current Employee) –  South East27 May 2018
No respect to the employee, management do whatever they want without telling the staff! Low morale! Discrimination is going around. If you are Asian they discriminate you.. Punish you if you complain..
Pros
All staff is stress and leaving
Cons
Not a person centered place it manager centered place
20 June 2018

Thank you for your response, we appreciate your feedback.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate.
- One of our core values as a company is Respect and we take this very seriously.
Your feedback and concern will be presented to the appropriate persons.

Depressing place to work
Avenues Group Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Havering1 May 2018
Worked for 8 years in havering low morale in team management don't know what they are doing always short staffed service users not looked after as they should be poor menu using cheapest food management go home even when not enough staff left on floor they don't answer phone when you have a problem manager came to work with hang over and drove service users in thus condition on more then one occasion they care about themselves not the service users
Pros
Sick pay
Cons
Long hours under staffed
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2018
I have worked with Avenues Group Ltd as a Mental health support worker for years; my duty and responsibility was to facilitate services with the daily needs, respond to emergencies especially when it comes to vulnerable people with mental health and learning disabilities; supporting them to deal with their finances as rents arrears, benefit entitlement and shopping tasks, assist them to be independent and meet they goals in life by empowering them.
Pros
No free lunches
20 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We always offer reasonable working hours to all our staff members.

Wonderful experience
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 January 2018
I learnt how to work well with in a team however I was still able to work independently if needed. I was able to have work hours that suited me, the most enjoyable part was meeting everyone that I worked with.
Pros
Free lunch
20 June 2018

Thank you very much for your positive response. We're glad you had a good time working for us.

No support.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk21 December 2017
Constantly having problems with payroll, management don't seem to be supporting staff with sorting out problems and they never answer their phones either. If you want to work for a supportive company then I wouldn't choose this one.
Not a nice place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 November 2017
Avenues pay you rubbish wages, treat their staff horribly and don't appreciate those who work hard everyday whilst they're sitting in the office doing nothing.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and poor pay, bad working environments (sometimes), bad management.
Highly productive and commited
Healthcare Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2017
I have gained a lot of experience on the job ranging from dealing with the public to medication administration, caring for all types of clients with mental health issues, learning disabilities and geriatric clients. I have also learnt how to work under pressure and enable clients to gain their independence. I cab work on my own and use my initiative whenever the need arises.
27 June 2018

Thank you very much for your positive response and we hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

avoid
support worker (Current Employee) –  hadlow road18 September 2017
Avoid at all costs.
We have not had a pay rise for over 7 years, neither a cost of living rise.
There are much better companies to work for than the one i am employed by.
Pros
there are none
Cons
poor pay, too much demand on staff, poor management skills
Excellent training opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey13 August 2017
Avenues Group are an excellent company to work for. They care greatly about the support they provide, stick to their core values and invest in not only the people they support but also the people who work for them.
Pros
Training
Cons
Shift work
27 June 2018

Thank you for your positive response and we hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

Stands by it's values
Practice Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Sidcup28 March 2017
Fantastic company that stands true to its values both operationally and in the head office functions. The senior exec team know what is going on in the organisation and are supportive of both employees and the individuals it supports. Highly reccommended organisation.
drivers job
Bank Driver (Former Employee) –  Warlingham10 February 2017
only worked for Avenues for 3 months done 24 hrs work in one month on basic wage for driving residents around.

poor wages for driving job only £ 7.20 per hr, no wonder I was the only one at the interviews

I won't be going back to them.
Avenue group is a great place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London31 January 2017
Avenues Group is a good place to work, i just feel the travelling is not viable at present,due to the services i over see as far as Medway.i also would like a new challenge in the social care sector.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
travelling
Worked for Avenues for just over 3 years wouldnt leave if i wasnt moving to a diffent part of the UK
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey26 November 2016
I have worked for avenues for over 3 years I have always enjoyed working for them, they have supported me in all my learning needs (I worked as a mechanic so a big change) I was supported through out my time there. The PWS are all amazing and the other support workers are all caring and want the best for the PWS.

I wouldn't be leaving if I wasn't re-locating to Bristol!

Typical day was to help the PWS achieve there goals and aspirations a typical day could involve going to theme parks to going to shopping no day is the same

Management are supportive and have regular contact with you with one to ones and team meetings.

I did my diploma with them and I was supported all the way through

We work as a team and some times together if a PWS is two to one.

the hardest part of the job is seeing someone you have supported move on although sad it is a great achievement and no longer need your support

the most enjoyable part of the job is to see them achieve and smile and look forward to there shifts with you
Pros
all training is supported well, job satisfaction, diplomas
Cons
that i have to leave
It is a fun place to work. Friendly colleagues, and service users
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  74 Wilson Avenue, Rochester, Kent, ME1 2RL21 August 2016
One of our service user's had a seizure on the way to town, and I have to administer buccal midazolam. The hardest part of the administering is the right dose of medication to be given to the correct protocol. The most enjoyable part of my job is going out with the service users on day trips and community presence.
Pros
Free Lunches, Trainings regarding the Job
Low salary/poor working conditions
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Surrey4 August 2016
A day working varies shift wise day to day, this is very frustrating as you can't plan your months in advance as the rota only comes out a few days before it begins. You're not told if you've got any annual leave booked in until the rota comes out so any holidays booked are subject to clearance e.g if they need you to work and you've booked a week away they may make you work instead even though you're entitled to you're break. The staff and management are lovely but are at times obseen, not taking into account people's personal lives when doing rota's and ignoring any concerns. The people we support are lovely and that's the only reason i stayed in the job as long as i did, i was told there would be future training opportunities but within 15 months on a waiting list for a diploma and not being told any sooner when you may be accepted. I also think for such a key job their salaries are incredibly low compared to other companies.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
long hours, working every weekend
Productive and fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rainham11 July 2016
Mondays are busy
Learnt how to prepare varieties of foods
Management is approachable
Co-workers are helpful
Shortage of staff makes the job hard
When service users are less challenging
Pros
free meals
Cons
less overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Avenues Trust Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Avenues Trust Group Reviews by Location