The Agincare Group

The Agincare Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom355 reviews
Featured review
The Agincare Group selected this as a representative review
I would highly recommend working for Agincare. Based at a Swindon care home, I find my job very fulfilling and enjoyable. Everyone truly cares about the residents. All the staff are friendly and we all work closely as a team. Senior management are friendly, fair and approachable. Definitely one of the best care homes I have ever worked in.
Pros
Fulfilling job. Great atmosphere and colleagues.
Cons
None.
5 August 2020
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of working for Agincare. We’re really pleased to read your positive feedback and hope you stay with us for a long time!
Great team. Lovely place to work. Nice office atmosphere and I genuinely enjoy delivering care to our service users. Great managment team and enjoyble to work.
i was new to care, have been surprised about how enjoyable the job is, the office is always on stand by to help if required. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
rewarding, enjoyably challenging
Cons
unsociable hours
14 August 2020
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of working for Agincare. We’re really pleased to read your positive feedback! I shall these comments onto the Dorchester team!
I have worked with agincare for five years and in that time I have enjoyed the challenges that I face and give me great pleasure to support others in the daily life, nice company to work for , office staff always there when you require them for support and advice. Great management.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
They take half your mielage and dont take in to account wear and tear on your car.
14 August 2020
Hi, Thank you for a lovely review! I shall pass these comments onto the manager!
its a great place to work.

the company is very supportive company, Office staff are amazing .

Carers are really lovely, We have lovely service users.
14 August 2020
Thank you so much for your review! We’re so pleased you’re enjoying working in the Agincare family! Abby
I have been with Agincare in Weymouth for nearly 5 years, it is a brilliant company to work for. They also looked after a family member of mine, they delivered an excellent service of care, professional. and went above and beyond the care workers are brilliant, and caring.
Pros
minimal or lots of hours avaliable depending on what you want.
14 August 2020
I have worked at Agincare weymouth/Portland branch for almost a year now and i love working here everyone is so friendly and helpful and there is never a boring day. i would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Friendly supportive staff, £100 Refer a friend
14 August 2020
Hi, thank you for these lovely comments about our Weymouth/Portland branch! I shall pass these onto the manager.
love working for Agincare, only just joined the bridport branch and I must say they have looked after me and help me as much or as little as I need, stress free work life happy and relaxed, every day is different and I really enjoy it.
Pros
wonderful team who are always happy to help
10 August 2020
Hi, Thank you for such a lovely review. We’re so pleased to read you enjoy working with our Bridport Team! I shall pass these lovely comments onto the manager
The branch I work is in Colchester, the management (ie Registered Manager) is easy to talk to and she listens. The team I work with are fantastic, everyone supports each other, the job is taken seriously but we have a laugh.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful
7 August 2020
Hi, thank you for such a lovely review! I shall pass these comments onto management! We’re so pleased you’re enjoying working in the Agincare family! Abby
A healthy work-life balance consists of taking and giving. Unfortunately, here they are just taking. Your time, your goodwill, your patience, your resilience. Mandatory training is to be done in your own time, unpaid (as you won’t be able to fit such a bulk into your busy work day), handover time is also expected to come out of time sacrificed by you and your incoming/outgoing colleagues, as shifts are paid strictly only from 8 - 8. You cannot care/nurse residents safely and appropriately without a good handover, anything else is unsafe practice! But then there are enough examples of that in the home. But you soon discover how helpless you are. You are fighting a losing battle, the care is often institutionalised and task orientated. It’s soul destroying. The residents are lovely and my heart goes out to them and the carers who try so hard without hardly any recognition.
Pros
It’s an eye opener
Cons
They take advantage of you
11 August 2020
I am sorry to read the comment you have left and that you have not enjoyed your time working for us. In order for me to fully investigate the allegations raised I would be really grateful if you could contact me either via email - amy.crabb@agincare.com or by giving me a call on 01305 825417.

Amy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Agincare Group?
If you thrive on being able to help others and make a difference in peoples lives on a daily basis, this is a good place for it. No day is the same, and you come in contact with a group of friendly individuals.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not always financially compensated for time or money spent while at work
5 August 2020
I have worked for Agincare Nottingham Branch for 5 years. I started as an apprentice and i am now a qualified Admin coordinator. The job is brilliant as no 2 days are the same. My manager is very supportive and is always interested in my professional development.
Pros
Progression through the company
Cons
can be stressful at times
5 August 2020
I've been with Agincare for 3 years, I love the company there all fair the staff is all amazing good team work. Management is really nice and help you through the hard times, I'm really happy to be apart of the time :)
5 August 2020
Hi Kasey, thank you for your lovely comments! I shall pass these onto the branch! We’re so pleased you’re enjoying working in the Agincare family!
Brilliant company to work for smooth sailing from interview to job role. I love my job and all the staff that work here and would recommend the company to anyone.
5 August 2020
Working for Agincare has so far been a very positive experience, everyone from other carers to office staff are so friendly and helpful and there is so much support given when starting your role as a carer. The company is so considerate of your needs and your availabilities, where overtime opportunities are frequently given but you are never expected to do more than you can. The care environment is so kind and collaborative that working with sometimes new people every day is never a problem. The company cares for its employees and is a great company to work for.
5 August 2020
Thank you for such a lovely review. We’re so pleased to read your positive feedback, I shall pass these comments on!
I feel proud to be part of the Agincare team especially during this period (covid)
Everyone has really pulled together, all the branches support each other.

PPE has been plenty.

Pros
Support. Flexibility
Cons
No childcare voucher scheme
5 August 2020
Hi! Thank you so much for your positive review! We’re so pleased you’re enjoying working in the Agincare family! Abby
Having only been with the company since February this year I am enjoying working at Agincare. The management are always on hand to help with any queries and explain things. They also show their appreciation for the work I do.
The team members are also so friendly and helpful, it feels like one big family. I feel very lucky to have been chosen to work here as I know there were many other applicants.
Pros
Bonuses and thanks from management
Cons
Very busy - but it's the same in all the offices I have previously worked.
5 August 2020
I have been working with Agincare for a number of years I found the Manager to be very supportive. I enjoy my job here although lots of challenges along the way, no two days are the same, clients told me that they fell well supported and cared for.
Pros
Wonderful team work
Cons
Long hours worked
5 August 2020
Very friendly and welcoming people, dedicated and helpful team. I'm excited to be apart of Agincare, the process of training and interviews online was all so quick an easy and Agincare helped all the way!
Pros
Kind and helpful team.
5 August 2020
Thank you for such a lovely review. We’re so pleased to read you had a great experience with our training and recruitment team! I hope you stay with us for a long time!
I have worked for Agincare for nearly 6 years. And i really enjoy my time working at Springfields. Good team work &cominication. & The manager at Springfield is approachable and suportive.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
Care work is not highly paid
5 August 2020
Thank you for such a lovely review. We’re so pleased to read you enjoy working at Springfields! I will pass these comments on!
A typical day for me is to make sure clients have there care plans ready it start with use making sure an individual assessment care plan is written for that client and have it in there home as soon as possible so carers have the care plan and understand what that client needs are. I also review clients care plans every year. I go out and spot check carers to check they are doing there job in the right way. I have learned not every day is the same and i manage with having all things on my to do calendar so i do not miss things. Workplace culture is good for the most part, The hardest part of the job is sometimes can be rushed off my feet the most enjoyable part of my job is i still get to see the clients i used to care for when i was out doing care that puts a smile on my face.
Pros
I still get to go out the office to different clients homes and see how they are
Cons
No cons for me
5 August 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Agincare Group. Our community is ready to answer.