The Agincare Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Agincare Group selected this as a representative review
Supportive team. - leominster
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster, Herefordshire12 May 2019
I have worked for Agincare Leominster for 6 years. The office team are amazing and so supportive. I only work my availability and pick up over time if I choose. Rotas are out 2 weeks in advance and we all know what we are working. This place has dramatically changed from when I first started and the team who have ran it for the last few years know exactly how to look after their staff.
Pros
Flexible. Supportive. No pressure to work overtime
Best job I’ve ever done!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire6 October 2019
I’ve only been working for Agincare for 3 months, but I can honestly say I’ve never loved a job more, previous jobs would give me anxiety about leaving to get to work, but not here! I don’t mind the long walks and short timings, I’m getting fit at the same time! Even when something goes wrong the staff are all helpful and office staff don’t make me feel uncomfortable at all.
modern slavery
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  anywhere29 September 2019
walkers force to walk long distance ,walking time not payed , effectively you wok 10 hours get 5 hours paid , you get payed for only what you spend with clients.drivers get 30 mins gaps between visits which means company does not pay any mileage money.they put gaps between visits not to pay fuel money. you drive 40 mins out of city you do not get payed for it.they say they pay travel time but they do not. double up visits second carer late you sit in car for long time waiting 20-30 mins which is unpaid.

imagine you are a postman and you get only payed when you hand over letters or parcel 10 second.how many postman would stay. walking time and driver time ,waiting time have to be payed by law ! this company brake the law at every way.
3 October 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that this has been your experience as an employee of Agincare, this is certainly not indicative of others experience with the organisation. Whilst I am also sorry you felt the need to write this review; we do appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to put things right.

In order to enable us to make improvements in this particular service and discuss some of the details in your review, I would like to encourage you to write to our HR Manager Amy Crabb, outlining some of the concerns that you hold and providing more detail about the experience you had whilst with Agincare. Amy’s email address is amy.crabb@agincare.com .

not very good
Rgn (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton25 September 2019
No trainings provided,not approachable management,not a safe environment for a nurse to work,not to many things in place as per CQC regulations, just...nooo
3 October 2019

A great place to work
Careworker (Current Employee) –  Bristol bedminster20 September 2019
I've been working with agincare for almost a year now and it has been an amazing year there have been ups and downs but same with every job when you have staff shortages with sickness and holidays to cover...there are always extra hours available if you would like them..the office staff are all helpful and friendly and always there to do deal with any problems that may arise.. very flexible as well to fit in around the children and if ever theres a problem with rotas just a quick phonecall and if it can be sorted it will be :) in my opinion I couldnt have chose a better company to work for!!
Pros
Flexibility
Supportive, Supervised and Structured
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 September 2019
I have worked in the Nottingham branch for almost a year and have found my new position enjoyable and interesting. I receive great support from management, effective communication across all areas of the business, and opportunities to develop and advance within my career.
Lovely company to work for
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster, Herefordshire27 August 2019
I have worked at the leominster branch for 1 year. I stick to working the same area which is closest to my home therefore not being sent all over the county like I did in another local agency. Every member of staff share the same values as the management and that is to deliver excellent care. Such a lovely friendly place to work. I’ve finally found an agency that are as passionate about their staff as much as they are their clients
5 September 2019

Thank you for your lovely comment. We really value your feedback and glad you are enjoying you time with us.

Amy

Excellent
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster, Herefordshire20 August 2019
I have only worked for Agincare Leominster for 6 weeks but just have to say when they state they work around your availability this is spot on. I have been welcomed into the best team ever. All my colleagues are dedicated to giving their best to all of the clients. The manager has made me feel welcome and checked on my progress since my first shadowing shift. I feel part of a team. It’s a great place to work
Pros
Great manager and staff
Caring enviroment
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Weymouth15 August 2019
While working her i gained numerous skills and cared for some great people. It was a highly pressured job but would recommend to anyone trying to broaden their skills.
Working here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex10 August 2019
Unprofessional office staff
Treated unfairly
Over worked
No time for breaks on long-shifts
Unreliable staff
Clients not assessed properly
Rate of pay poor
Treated like slaves
19 August 2019

Not recommended
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, Kent27 July 2019
Job workload and minimum wage do not equate each other. Extreme pressure and chronically understaffed. Management unreasonable and not at all pleasant. Ratio of staff to residents not practical or safe.
Pros
Good colleagues and team work.
Cons
Unrealistic workload. Bad management.
5 September 2019

Kind regards

Under pressure to get to allocations
Senior care worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Dorset18 July 2019
I enjoyed a lot of my job but I found it was costing me a lot in fuel.
Pros
Very varied
Cons
A lot of driving you don't get paid for
Bedminster office
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol30 June 2019
So I am a new employee with agincare, i enjoy working with the regular service users, but I feel like In this job as for the walkers we need more time getting to and from between visits as itis usually only 5 mins and sometimes this causes people to be late as it could be abit further to get to, so more time is a defo!! Management in bedminster are all lovely they are there when you need them, Rotas need to come on time as for a new employee it can cause distress as we are only just starting up and getting use to everything so preparing the night before is a must rather then receiving a rota on the morning your due in to work, I work part time but there are usually a choice of taking on extra hours if needed which is good to know.
Pros
Lovely service users, management are understanding
Cons
Short time in between visits for walkers. Rotas not being on time.
Great Job
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 June 2019
I've been a care worker with this branch for a year. Very flexible hours, great colleagues, just a shame that the office is location isn't the best located in a building which is a bit like a maze, and not great for advertising to potential clients.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Office location
Agincare Bedminster
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, Bristol28 June 2019
I have been a care worker for nearly 2 years and I absolutely love my job and service users, but I feel the office staff are under a lot of pressure due to high demands from all areas. Us care workers cannot visit our office as often as we would like because of the recent developments in the area and permit parking.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad parking for office visits
Agincare bedminster- care worker
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, Bristol26 June 2019
Been here a while.
Enjoy my run and service users.
Not the best location for office as most is yellow lines. Difficult to get in and see office team face to face. Not the biggest place for meetings or interviews.
Happy in employment. Could do with set work breaks on long days.
Pros
Set area of work
Cons
Office location and work breaks
Amazing workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leominster, Herefordshire18 June 2019
I have worked here for 2 years, brilliant company to work for, they listen and support me and everyone. We are all treated fairly and I work within my availability. They are completely understanding of family life and office staff are great.
Pros
Brilliant company
Fantastic Environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 June 2019
Fantastic working environment where everyone (inc. the CEO) is totally approachable and genuinely care about the well being of staff. Very professional, family run organisation .
Pros
career progression
Professional Company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex6 June 2019
Very friendly and caring office. A lovely mix of carers and clients. Flexible working. Career development and training available. We provide a very person centred approach to all our clients. And will always aim to go above and beyond to ensure our clients are happy. There is always someone around to listen to carers and clients. And this includes out of office hours contact.
Pros
Friendly, caring team.
Great place
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire6 June 2019
Agincare Leominster are just brilliant to work for, like one big family. Support is always on hand and that makes you enjoy your work. I am a driver and my work is all in the same area and I only work in my availability. I have worked for a few companies in Leominster but can honestly say this team know how to coordinate work in areas. Rota's are kept to minimal travel and we have our rotas two weeks in advance.
Pros
Organised
Great company
Care support Worker (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset23 May 2019
This company is great to work for
Everyone is helpful, great team work and work well in a team.
The clients are lovely 😊
Regular flexible hours.
Can progress to a higher care worker. Opportunity’s to get qualifications while worked and options to do NVQ/diploma in health and social care
Pros
Hours, pay, opportunities for qualifications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Agincare Group. Our community is ready to answer.