The Action Group Employee Reviews

Midlothian is a disgrace
Support worker (Children and young adults) (Former Employee) –  Midlothian22 July 2019
The team and service users in Midlothian are lovely but the management is disgusting, rude and abrupt. The management show no care for the service users. They swap shifts all the time without care to you. They expect you drive without any petrol payment. They give you back to back sleep overs. They tell you not to use your phone on shift but will call you and other staff/ day centres to talk to you about shifts. They talk down to younger staff members and one managers will bad mouth staff to other members of staff. There is also lot of gossip in the team. They have a huge turn over of staff and expect you to work above and beyond your contacted hours. Also will accuse you of lying when you’re unavailable to swap shifts. They also expect you to pay for service user when they have no money.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything don’t go you’ll regret it
29 July 2019

I am very sorry to hear about your experiences, and I would be keen to understand more about your concerns.

We believe The Action Group should be a fantastic place to work, and if we are not delivering on this we would like to know more about how we can improve.

Please get in touch with our HR team on 0131 475 2342 or email us at recruitment@actiongroup.org.uk for a confidential chat, and we will be happy to listen to your feedback.

Best wishes.

Can be very rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh22 January 2019
This job can be very rewarding personally, getting to know the clients, finding what they like and dislike. playing certain song on the stereo and watching the older clients singing along and joining in
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Personal cleaning
Very enjoyable work
Play Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 September 2018
A typical day was 9-4 and didn't offer very man breaks. However the work was very fun and there was a lot of opportunity for group trips and interactive activity's for your group to part take in
Pros
fun work
Cons
little breaks
23 October 2018

Thank you for leaving your review, and I am so glad that you enjoyed working with us. Thank you for your contribution to the Playschemes!

lovely place to work, warm, friendly and flexible
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh3 November 2017
I really enjoy working here - the work is interesting, there's lots of training and both management and team members are supportive.

This is possibly the best company I have worked for that genuinely offer flexible working - the management care and invest in staff.

There's a great deal of mandatory training which everyone in the company must take - on the plus side this is a great idea, the negative side is that at the beginning of your time in the organisation, you are away from your team training, so the initial 'bonding time' can be affected by that.
Pros
flexible working
23 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review and comments, and I apologise that we have not responded sooner! It is great to hear that you enjoy working, and thank you for your contribution to the work that we do.

lack of manager communication
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  East Lothian24 August 2017
communication between managers is pretty bad. Say goodbye to your life if you want to work here full time. You also get pestered to work extra hours and do double or even treble sleepovers.
Good thing is the pay I guess... but you are left wondering if it is worth it. Long shifts and lack of staff support.
Pros
pay
Cons
long shifts
23 October 2018

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate that you posted your review a while ago now, however if there is any other information that you feel would be helpful to pass on to us then we would really like to hear from you. You can contact us by emailing recruitment@actiongroup.org.uk or by calling us on 0131 475 2342.

fun and very productive work place
Play Worker & Support worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City11 January 2016
each day is a new challenge for you to face,
each day warms your heart up and makes you happy,
you will feel blissful and blessed each day you work here and
most importantly you will never get bored.
K.Raeburn
Pros
meeting wonderful people. working with a great team
Cons
never wanting your day to end.