Thames Water Utilities Limited

Thames Water Utilities Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom83 reviews
At Thames, there was always room for progression. The daily challenges were hard work yet achievable.
The hardest part of the job was getting departments to work and liaise with eachother at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with staff, hitting targets and visiting the general public.
Very well organised. Communications are regular. Collaborative meetings work and pleasure. Great culture to work in. Absolutely 5 star during Covid lockdown. Looked after everyone. Very caring and flexible. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company
For a big company they do not deliver they have to much pressure from the regulators.
Departments don’t communicate with one another becomes frustrating. Management are bullies
Pros
People
Cons
Too much pressure
Worked there for 6 years. Management has always been p**s poor. They will stab you in the back in a heart beat. They want you to play buy the rules, but soon goes out the door as everything is always "favours", thats when they s**t on you and kick you out the door. Just make sure you read the policy's with a fine tooth comb!!
Staffs were helpful all the time, very professional, punctual and communicative
Water industry they maintain the privacy of customer

Prompt on replying the customers over phone or email

The system they operated was on sap,ecr
This company displays many of the worst traits of the public sector in the 80's. There is a strong blame culture and nepotism is alive, well and thriving. Projects are approved without proper articulation of benefits, let alone a business case. And yet another business run by powerpoint. Way too many incompetent managers and not enough people involved in delivery. Toxic.
Productive and fun place to work. Wonderful work environment and building. Smart work colleagues. Very helpful. Flexible work environment. Real sense of team work.
Not applicable as i feel this is not necessary. Also the questionnaire seems searching and not particularly annonymous which makes me concerned for my responses
The company has changed over the last 18 months and is leaderless at board level. I'm sure it will change once a CEO is found and gives the company a steer.
Pros
very trusting
Cons
Leaderless.
The company has gone through some changes over the last 18 months and now feels like a totally different company to when I joined it is a good company to work for and supports its staff well.
Working on a client side as always integrated me as i can see the project from start to finish.

Its an great experience it has given me an opportunity to work in all sorts of projects from low key to national disaster projects where you making the difference.
Good friendly working environment. Work lift balance was just right, plenty of extra earning opportunities. The only down side was the fact you often got covered in human waste.
I worked for this company for 6 years. The first three years were great, however I became seriously ill and was in hospital for a long time. When I returned my job which I’d worked so hard for was taken from me. I was passed pillar to post, and was isolated. I was sent to occupational health so many times as they tried to take me to a dismissal because I was under hospital care, that the nurse pointed out to them that she would report them if it continued. I had no option but to leave
Good company to work for, learn to fit mechanical pipes and other structures in a good friendly environment with skilled co-workers and normal hours of work
Pros
Good cantine
Cons
Normal hours
Thames Water is a company.
Not interested in reviewing any company.

What can I write to make you go away.

I worked at TW.

I had colleagues.

There were stairs and chairs, lifts and desks.

The coffee machine worked well.
Restructured every 6-9 months for the last 5 years...Quote from HR 'we cant get the changes done in the system before we are planning the next one'

Lack of consistent direction.

Multiple senior changes over the last 3 years, at least 3 of current exec are working out their notice.
I would imagine that starting at Thames Water is probably the single biggest mistake I have ever made.
Looks great until you realise that they cannot hold on to people and excessive hours are required.

The base wage is not what is promised and what you negotiate on interview is what you are stuck with + yearly company pay rise, there isn't any structure to go up incrementally within your grade unless you change jobs and if you are already at a higher Process grade you're knackered.

Morale, overall, where I work is awful with very few willing to put any effort in.
Average , I have learnt things but not been offered any formal qualifications or training to better myself professionally. The pay in my department isn't great for the work and responsibility day to day but the people there (mostly) are lovely.
I only left as a result of water deregulation and being part of the retail team that TUPED to another water retailer. I very much enjoyed my time at Thames Water and found it was a friendly and professional place to work. Plenty of opportunity for those seeking advancement. I enjoyed my time despite some pressure and stress, but would still have no hesitation to recommend as a good place to work.
constant re-structures result in redundancies and lack of job security. Every role will be controlled by useless higher management that block you from doing your job. Little support from managers and a terrible culture of backstabbing to get ahead.

They do however have a great work life balance policy and team dependant you can work from home and from different locations. Flexi hours are also an option
Pros
Good location
Cons
Lots of redundancies. Little career progression
It was one of the worst places I worked. Mainly due to the Management that appeared incompetent. They also demonstrated that they were on many occasions as well.
Trucks were worn out, had to wait months for PPE al
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thames Water Utilities Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9