Thames Water Utilities Limited Employee Reviews

Thames
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reading10 October 2019
Average , I have learnt things but not been offered any formal qualifications or training to better myself professionally. The pay in my department isn't great for the work and responsibility day to day but the people there (mostly) are lovely.
Varied, rewarding, interesting, good work life balance
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based25 September 2019
I only left as a result of water deregulation and being part of the retail team that TUPED to another water retailer. I very much enjoyed my time at Thames Water and found it was a friendly and professional place to work. Plenty of opportunity for those seeking advancement. I enjoyed my time despite some pressure and stress, but would still have no hesitation to recommend as a good place to work.
Change
Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 September 2019
It was one of the worst places I worked. Mainly due to the Management that appeared incompetent. They also demonstrated that they were on many occasions as well.
Trucks were worn out, had to wait months for PPE al
Good work/life balance is promoted.
Operations/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  London11 September 2019
There is a lot of travelling involved due to the wide geographical area covered in the London & Thames Valley area. The management is very supportive in promoting your well being and professional development. You get to visit many lovely sites in the countryside.
Good place to work. A great environment to build a career.
Network-Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reading3 September 2019
Work life balance is really good..
The colleagues in the team I was working with are very friendly.
For the time I was working for Thames Water I've got professional courses and trainings. I gained a massive work experience which helps me to reach next level in my professional career.
Good Working Culture
IT Service Operation Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Reading1 September 2019
Thames Water has a good working culture. I am very proud that I was a part of a brilliant project and BAU team. It was a fun and professional work environment and I have enjoyed working out there.
its a good place to work
Regulatory reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire22 August 2019
great place to work but can sometimes be all about who you know which is not great if you are trying to develop. work life balance is great though which is nice
Great place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Swindon23 May 2019
Great place to work with great people. Good work life balance and timings too. Work is stressful but it is interesting. It was good to be a part of Thames Water.
Poor payers
Utilities (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2019
20K a year Working in foul...! Live traffic if that's not bad enough try driving a LGV that comes with all the added hassles, possible fines and the poxy call out rota
To top it all it's in London as if the cost of living is bad enough.
My advice is to avoid until they wake up and pay a decent rate.!
You could always apply for their cushy office jobs stay very clean get a silly title do very little and get payed better.!
Pros
iN/A
Cons
Thankless job
quite good!
Access and Recreation Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading28 January 2019
I was there 2 years at which point was promised one thing and was delivered another. Bit of a dog eat dog scenario with somebody dying to fill your job shoes should you make any mistakes. More living to work than working to live with regular 75hr weeks undertaken with very little recognition due to the organisation being so immense.
Pros
budget
Cons
too many cooks!
Good Atmosphere & Chances For Progression
Document Handling Centre Agent/Gatekeeper (Current Employee) –  Reading6 January 2019
Good management, plenty of chances for job progression, good salary for the job role, excellent treatment of staff with mental health issues & good work/life balance
thames water was a good place to work at and all the people were so easy to get along with
Water Engineer (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire8 December 2018
I left the company because I moved to Cumbria from South to north
Would love to be back working on the water but struggle to find mucheap contacts in cumbria to make phone calls.
Satisfactory place to work
Leakage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stroud Green, Greater London14 October 2018
Thames Water working culture is a good place to work. It perhaps has a culture heavy on meeting targets which I wouldn't say necessarily is always constructive.
Cannot Fault Anything!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading7 October 2018
Great management, great opportunities to progress within the business, best training I've received in a job role, great working hours, brilliant salary, and a fantastic work environment.
Pros
Salary, hours, management, work environment
hopelessly disorganised and chaotic, but without the excitement
Water Treatment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire6 October 2018
A typical work day:

You turn on your work device (tablet) and wait 15-20 minutes for it to boot up. Then you open clickmobile and wait for that to load, only to find that the scheduling department hasn't issued any work for you.. but wait, click mobile auto schedules right? wrong because they bought the barebones version with no continued support and the system is hopeless at managing 11 days of scheduling (so bad it cannot even comprehend managing a month..).
so an hour later you get told what site to go to and you spend 15 minutes making sure everything is still there (any real engineering is done by contractors, which you have to babysit).
Then you go to find your next job and rinse & repeat the above process.

You go home at 15:36 feeling as if you accomplished nothing and then get called out by the same useless department later on for a mixture of time critical callouts and pointless timewasting. The person on the other end of the phone cannot tell you about anything you are going to as they have had no real world experience with the water industry.
Pros
37 hour weeks, early finish time, mindless and easy work
Cons
complete lack of control or ability from any managers, any job that requires tools will be postponed as nobody has the correct kit, you cannot use your van for personal use, they pay low compared to any other engineering sector
Great if you can afford to live near london
Senior Shift Process Controller (Current Employee) –  Kempton, UK7 August 2018
I have what I consider the best Job I will ever have. Unfortunately I cannot afford to live near enough to commute anymore so I have to look elsewhere.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
In an unnaffordable area
Great place to work but very fast turnaround of staff
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reading1 August 2018
Over all Thames Water was a great place to work but the work ethic of some of the managers wasnt the greatest, they seem to treat the CC guys like they are replaceable and not valued.
Pros
Location, Managers are there to help.
Cons
Higher management don't seem to care about you opinion
Management didn't seem to know what they were doing
Process Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  South East30 July 2018
Local managers were great and understood the demands of the job, however there was always conflict with higher up the chain managers, who in my opinion were not knowledgeable of the actually undertakings of the company.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Poor Management
Lovely interview, but don't be to friendly
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire5 July 2018
I was interview here the other week. Interview was great, I had feedback that as positive from both fellow interviewers and members of staff. Unfortunately I did not get the position because "Although you showed good customer service skills your answers where to long and therefore we feel you would not make call times"

Because I was nervous and passionate I lost the chance. This was after explaining in my interview I understood targets etc.

So, over all the company seem great but they are more willing to employ a fake smile reading from a script than a genuine people person.

Be warned, keep your answers short.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of opportunity at the start to learn
please be very weary of the contract
HGV Driver technician (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire23 June 2018
was good at first then they dropped a differant contract on us saying we have to do banked shifts be very careful of the contracts ask to see it first.
Cons
night shift