Thames Ambulance Service

Thames Ambulance Service Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
Cowboy outfit
Phones don’t last the shift so Thames insist on you using your personal phone for work , your lucky if you get a break when you complain about not having a break your told they don’t care about that patients are often forgotten by the office staff making them late for appointments , even the so called emergency ambulances carry no first aid kit at all , ambulances are dirty inside and often break down as they are not serviced I would strongly advise anybody not to work here
Would i work for these
Worst place I've ever worked for, no family care, no home life, don't listen to you're concerns, it's their way or the highway, went to HR more times than I can remember with complaints, they always back the people in management, and you may aswel bang your head on a brick wall.
Not somewhere you want to stay for a long time
The majority of people that work for this company are good people and create a supportive working environment. There are however a few people at the company that ruin it for everyone, whether that be through poor management, a lack of communication or just refusing to listen to the needs of the workers.

For an entry level job it is okay and you will gain some valuable skills, but the day to day begins to grate on you quickly and the management structure is just awful. They constantly shoot themselves in the foot and often leave workers in the dark about changes, leading to further problems.
Just don’t do it!!!
This company is a joke, they lie to the staff, they lie to the patients, In fact they lie to everyone. No proper organisation, management are not fit to be called managers, and regular changes happen. No care or concern for the staff, or patients. Patients are treated like they are parcels not people.
Each day you’re chasing around to make it to pick ups and drop offs, drivers get the brunt of the anger and frustration from patients who have at times been left up to 6 hours of their original pick up time.

You only progress if your face fits in, otherwise you are treated like dirt. Even cleaners and picky part time bank staff are given management roles over full time driving staff, and bullying has been swept under the carpet by higher management. It became a toxic environment to work within, and made me and others ill.

Just don’t put yourself through having every once of dignity and respect for yourself torn away.
Ignore the negative reviews
Patient caring company
work rota so you can plan your month ahead

Great work colleagues, a sense of family

No 2 days the same

Varied and rewarding work
good place to work
start at 7 finish at 5
visit various hospitals taking and collecting patients

wheel chairs , stretchers , walking wounded.

4 days on 3 days off on a rota system
Unsafe and insecure
I have worked for Thames for a while in Essex at their Canvey base. Run by idiots. Health and Safety is a joke. Infection control a joke. They are losing contracts across the country. About to lose more we hear at canvey. It's been ruined. Such a shame. Still that's what you get with managers with no management skills or qualifications.
Pros
Good crew mates
Cons
Management from supervisors upwards
Awful place to work
This is by the far the worst place I have worked.

Directors = liars

Management = useless

HR = lazy

Payroll = stupid

IT = never there

If you are at the bottom of the ladder expect to be paid near to nothing (if payroll get it correct) and be expected to work over your hours for little to no thanks.

Avoid at all costs! Being unemployed would be better than being employed here.
Good at first. Then went bad after a few weeks
NEAS didn't need us so we had to go to Grimsby everyday of our shift. We were based st Gateshead
Then they said we have to go back for 4.30 in the morning to do renal when we only got back to Gateshead at 8 at night. Them they said we have to take the ambulance on our own to Grimsby or our own cars. 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back as well as taking patients to hospitals all over such as far out places like Leeds ect

They were trying to sicken us off. They were dismantling the Gateshead base around us without telling is why
Pros
Cons
Going to grimsby every day from gateshead
WARNING steer clear of this company
Absolute disgrace the way they treat the patients and staff...management are useless..
HR are a waste of time and don't get me started on CONTROL !! ...could be a great job if run right !!! ..
Loving it 🚑
Not a bad company too work for and have got better and improved since I started. Some people just love moaning for the sake of it. Easiest job I’ve ever had and everyday is different and got a good bunch of crew mates so a good laugh too. Pay could be better but it is what it is. Alot worse jobs out there trust me 👍
pleased dont work for them
I loved this job until tasl took over.....If CQC new the truth tasl wouldnt have contract!!!!! Please dont join them.... New starts being bullied, trying to force staff to do unsafe practices e.g 2 wheelchairs with a stretcher ( completely unsafe). Man handle poorly patients into home that should go back to hospital. Over rule are own risk assessments. Bully you over the phone, make there own rules up as when suits. Changed everyone's hours that doesn't help targets, forced experience staff to leave due to treatment. Are managers are bullies, dont care about the safety of staff or patients. Fighting to get breaks, most work as single crews now, the base is unsafe, patients left sat for hours but pick up and drop of times get changed manually. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR, THEY LEAVE PATIENTS IN TEARS, PLEASE DONT WORK HEAR AS A DRIVER OUT ON THE ROAD,
Terrible place to work
Worst company i have ever worked for. Total lack of care for staff and patients. So called managers have NO management skills, No support from supervisors, forced to work overtime. inadequate training and no support if any issues. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS ORGANISATION
Do not work for this pathetic company
Where do I start, management are a joke, never sort out your issues and fob you off. Contact centre are told to not get up and basically be like robots. Managers havent a clue what they are doing.... giving wrong information out constantly. They hire people with mental health yet do not support them at all. Would even say they treat people differently. If you smoke your well in as all the managers spend ages outside smoking. Controll speak to call ce tre like rubbish but that has been mentioned and nothing ever done. Ir1's never filed properly or followed up. Pay is a joke.
Pros
There isnt any!!!
Cons
Poor management, dont pay people correctly. If your not up the managers backside you wont get anywhere.
Horrific
No set shifts, constantly off late, get your meal break an hour before you finish, no consideration, ambulances in terrible condition (bald tyres, broken equipment). They also don’t tell you that you have to travel to Lincoln for 7 days for training.
Pros
Colleagues
Do not work here
Awful company, management skills are awful and control team bully you! Never work here you will regret it!!! Caring for patients? Not such a thing in TASL, they only want to meet their targets, couldn’t care about anything else including patients and crew!
Pros
Cons
Awful management
Rubbish company
Worst comapny in the world only care about making money the mangers dont have a clue what they are doing they couldnt run a car wash avoid because you will regret it
Never work for this company
The company are run by idiots who are in a dream world and have no idea about the day to day issues , managment dnt care and are not intrested in any problems , staff are worked for hours with no breaks and again no one cares less , if your lucky you will be paid a small amount over minimum wage but dnt think for a second its a well paid job for what you have to do. DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY
Poor communication
Control is rubbish, we miss our manager she was really good. Management is changing all the time.

HR don’t listen, Rotas are all Over the place, vehicles are not up to scratch.

The running is not very good, the staff are not getting listened to. It’s going down hill and fast.
Pros
Crew mates
Cons
Hours pay HR
Great team
Great hard working team, work/life balance is perfect, flexible management. Progression for the right candidates. Pay could be better but id rather have a job I like going to that pays slightly less than a job I wake up dreading but pays more.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
Very badly run
Control room who give you the jobs haven't got a clue what thete doing no knowledge of distances and how long it takes to drive from place to place on Lincolnshire roads
Vehicles not maintained properly driving for months with faults with vehicles

Forced to work over your finish time

Shifts start times keep being changed

Not enough drivers to cover all the work load every depot is at least 4 people short

Missed appointments are happening Dailey

People being left waiting for hours to be taken home after appointments

Control room Takes ages to answer phones

Just a rubbish company to work for that's why I left
Pros
Other drivers good to work with some ex emas
Cons
Compant very badly run
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thames Ambulance Service. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8