Thales Employee Reviews

Monotonous
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire7 May 2018
Nice colleagues, but bad choice of managers. In management, everybody just thinks of himself and does not support the development of staff. Creativity and initiative is not appreciated.
Pros
Nice office, parking in centre of Cambridge
Cons
Over-bureaucratic
Driven commercially
Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex22 April 2018
Driven organisation using a matrix organisation to deliver multiple products, close management of programme deadlines and deliverables above all else
decent place but wages are poor
not giving job role (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 February 2018
Good place to work with nice people. but im sure any work place can be like this.
especially for the industry we are in (dual use and controlled items)-the rates of pay are well below the average.
They like to say your salary is inlcusive of all the different benefits - but if you dont have kids, dont use their health plan and dont buy more holidays then its not even close to a decent salary.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay
great place to work
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 February 2018
I loved working at THALES.

Great environment to work in, very friendly people including the management.

its only through redundancies within the HR teams that I am no longer working there.
Pros
good working hours
A Challenging and Rewarding Work Environment
Production Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire9 February 2018
Thales has provided me with my longest duration of employment, so this alone speaks the most volume.
Being a specialised manufacturing business means great challenges and hurdles are an expected reality to one's job role and team effort.
I can say that I enjoyed great support from my peers when required, helping to achieve development and production output targets alike.
If you are ambitious and have the skills to match then I would recommend Thales as a good employer.
Pros
Flexible working hours, training and certification as appropriate.
Challenging and Interesting
Senior Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire9 February 2018
Good company with good benefits.
Opportunities to developing
Training offered is both internal and external opportunities.
Modern offices with good facilities
Subside canteen
Pros
Good Beneifts
Cons
Large company - too many divison
Get into manufacturing
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 November 2017
I was on a placement with Thales through the princes trust, which I had an excellent experience in, I also gained employment through the course due to start in January 2018.
Productive and Creative Environment
Senior Bid and Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 November 2017
No two days were the same. The Project and Bid review meeting on a Monday always threw up some very interesting idea's to be working on. The co-location of different Engineering teams was excellent, however it was made much more difficult when the location was split over two sites. A bad move in my opinion
Pros
Being a French Company every Friday was knock off at 1230hrs
Cons
Longer hours worked during the week for the early knock off
Good
DATA CONTROLLER/TECHNICAL AUTHOR (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
A company undergoing constant change, it was exciting, we were all rewarded well for our hard work. if the work is done then there were places to go in this company.
Interesting place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex6 October 2017
Lots of projects in different stages of development.
Fantastic teams
Nice modern site
Travel! If you are travelling it means that something is either not working and needs to be fixed.

Want to know more about Thales?

Ask a question
Amazing company to work for
Test and Repair Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex10 August 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits. Good training schemes, personal and professional development. Employees are really nice. They do focus a lot on personal development.
Pros
Great development schemes
Very good
Functoinal mtester (Former Employee) –  Various8 August 2017
Very enjoyable place to work, found cthe staff and management pleasant and helpful. The great thing was you moved around and was not stuck in the same place al the time.
Pros
Technically challenging and the pay rewarding
Cons
The contract came to a end.
was a good fun place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire2 August 2017
once we were advised we could be made redundant, management handled the situation very badly

before this a typical days work was very busy but was nice and comfortable place and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

I learned and lot about finance, oracle and Microsoft products and also learned a lot about purchasing procedures, exports and customer relations
Pros
good pay, casual fridays and finish at 11.30 on fridays.
Cons
some over time, not many cons
Educational
NA (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester15 July 2017
Offered me insight to a real work environment. Showing me what it is like to work as a team on a project and divide up tasks equally to make a job the most efficient it can be.
Good people development
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex13 June 2017
There is a real emphasis on people and development. They actively seek to improve the business through a range of transformation projects. They do however struggle to communicate the strategy and rally people round a vision for the future business.
Pros
Training
Productive and Inspiring
Marketing and Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Crawley26 April 2017
Having a fond interest for working in the world of business from this internship I was able to get the best of both worlds by working in two departments. I enjoyed working in a team with other graduates and the management groups, as well as loved getting independently involved in individual projects which I was able to present to other members of the team which improved my confidence.
I enjoyed meeting new people who were in my position and was inspired in how their journey began to get them to where they are now.

The workplace culture was incredibly friendly, and everyone was willing to teach me new things.
Pros
Great, friendly job culture
Wondeful place to work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex24 April 2017
Great place to work, full of friendly helpful colleagues. The benefits are great and there is a real sense of belonging. The teams are great for encouraging growth.
Expect hard work, but good benefits
Head of Communications (Former Employee) –  Crawley18 April 2017
Like anywhere, management styles differ, but Thales is such a large organisation with varied job prospects. It's supportive of its employees in terms of training and financial rewards for those who work hard and meet their objectives.

There is an expectation to work long hours, but for those who work hard, it is recognised.

Benefits packages are tiered to levels but are generous for all. This company changes fairly quickly, so whilst there is good scope for career advancement, there can be limited job security as the organisation changes.
Pros
Good annual review and bonus structure, good career progression opportunities.
Cons
Long hours, not a family friendly culture.
Agréable
Business Analyste (Former Employee) –  UK29 March 2017
Un environnement agréable pour s'épanouir professionnellement et personnellement
Well respected and reputable company
Planning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset24 March 2017
A typical day at work was busy and rewarding.
I learnt computer skills
The workplace was good
I held various clerical positions
I started in August 1983 and finished in August 2011

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thales. Our community is ready to answer.