Thales Employee Reviews

Very good
Functoinal mtester (Former Employee) –  Various8 August 2017
Very enjoyable place to work, found cthe staff and management pleasant and helpful. The great thing was you moved around and was not stuck in the same place al the time.
Pros
Technically challenging and the pay rewarding
Cons
The contract came to a end.
Educational
NA (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester15 July 2017
Offered me insight to a real work environment. Showing me what it is like to work as a team on a project and divide up tasks equally to make a job the most efficient it can be.
Agréable
Business Analyste (Former Employee) –  UK29 March 2017
Un environnement agréable pour s'épanouir professionnellement et personnellement
Well respected and reputable company
Planning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset24 March 2017
A typical day at work was busy and rewarding.
I learnt computer skills
The workplace was good
I held various clerical positions
I started in August 1983 and finished in August 2011
Functional Tester (Current Employee) –  London19 March 2017
Great place to work and grow professionally, especially when you have the ambition to do so.
The management needs some improvements but they do react to any requests of their staff members.
The company is recognised as an international one and tend to look after their employees, offering various benefits and offers from various stores, gyms and other places of interest. They also offer health insurance for their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Management needs improvement
ok place
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Crawley, UK9 March 2017
very bureaucratic but family friendly place to work. Nice buildings and office environment, nice cafes as well. Variety of work and interesting projects.poor
Pros
nice environment to work
Cons
poor salaries
Fantasric Compan to workd for
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Addlestone30 January 2017
Thales is great compnay to work for.
The atmosphere is relaxed but professional.
Reception is very busy, providing an first class service.
As part of a team we work well together and have fun in our day to day schedule.
Head of Quality & Business Improvement (Former Employee) –  Templecombe, Somerset27 January 2017
Committed management and staff, responsive to customer needs good place to gain international work experience - graduate recruitment programme is among the best I have encountered
Productive and fun workplace
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex13 January 2017
Thales was a great place to work, I had the opportunity to learn many new skills. The largest area my skills developed were within customer services. All of my roles have been customer facing, allowing me to develop some personal sensitivity when dealing with customers from different areas and cultural differences. I got along very well with all of my co-workers, both within HR and then in my later role in Secure Communications. The management at Thales was good, I was given many opportunities to further my career there and learn skills in management and processing alongside customer care.
Well organised and industrious
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex13 January 2017
I worked for Thales UK in Crawley for 6 months, then unfortunately company funding did not cover my continuance. Very well organised. Good office facilities (including complementary drinks). Competent managers.
Pros
Good working environment. Effective senior managers. Complementary vended drinks.
Cons
No gym (it closed down). Shaky job security for management grades.

Want to know more about Thales?

Ask a question
Great people and challenging roles
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Templecombe, Somerset11 January 2017
The job is interesting and challenges are there for the taking.

I have learned a lot about developing products from initial idea to commercial success.
Pros
Medical cover
Cons
Hours can be long
Good place to work and progress your career
Project ~Controller (Current Employee) –  Crawley & Basingstoke14 December 2016
Thales is a very good company to work for during my time there I have progressed my skills and enjoyed the working environment. Overall I would recommend Thales to anyone that asked.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Process
Good Flexible Company. Poor Management
Senior Commercial Officer (Current Employee) –  Crawley16 November 2016
I've enjoyed working for Thales although I've hit a wall with development opportunities. Although I have pushed to further my career, management are too busy to listen.
Pros
Flexible working, half day Fridays
Cons
Poor Management. Not much room to develop if you're a younger employee
Work day
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf19 October 2016
It's a good place to work but not for me. I don't feel fulfilled working here however a lot of people enjoy the company and the work that it provides for companies like TFL.
Great Fun Workplace
Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Bristol3 October 2016
I have really enjoyed working in the Thales PMO. There is a strong teamwork ethos where colleagues adopt a can do helpful approach. I have felt empowered and encouraged throughout and the management has fully supported my ambitions and growth.
Poor management and inadequate training, no development prospects
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Crawley23 September 2016
Very negative experience.
Inadequate training, 'mentor' did not have the skills to train effectively, promised development, never materialised.
I did not have access to the appropriate tools to carry out jobs to my best abilities, job description very misleading, asks primarily for mechanical assembly, but skills required asks for prototype skills which were never called upon.All prototype work that did become available was kept by one person.Peer colleague acted like supervisor, made inappropriate comments frequently, kept job material to oneself. Very isolating environment, zero support.
Incompetent management.
Never experienced such a negative impact on my working experience ever.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Inadequate management, poor communication, inadequate training, no development, unhelpful and unfriendly staff.
Fun place to work for
Business Reporting Controller (Former Employee) –  Crawley20 July 2016
An easy going work environment
The company has a lot of potential to offer to those employees searching for stability and to built a career.
The company has a good set of management
Pros
Good working hours
Hard work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley17 July 2016
Always understaffed, Manic everyday. You do learn a lot of jobs to cover sickness and holidays. People are nice to work with.
Pros
It goes very quick as you are so busy.
Cons
Pay isnt good.
As a contractor, I've never felt less welcome
Programme Planner (Current Employee) –  Crawley23 May 2016
I was hired for a senior post which vansihed on arrival and I'm doing menial assistant project manager tasks. Generally they are disorganised and obsessed with moaning about how they've done things badly for years, whilst at the same time ignoring all advice from the contractors they hire to help bring them into the 21st Century.

The office environment is ok, a fairly quiet open plan situation which is comfortable. (Although I cannot get a riser for my screen to bring it anywhere near high enough according to their own DSE assessment.)

The culture of openly hating contractors is endemic here and utterly frustrating and so off putting. In 13 years contracting I've never encountered it so bad. Their forecast costs are way higher than the competition too, so I'm surprised they win any bids.
Pros
open plan office is ok
Cons
lack of flexibility in working hours, hatred of contractors endemic
Culture in need of change!
Communications (Current Employee) –  Weybridge13 May 2016
Thales is in many ways a very old fashioned business, with very little aspirations of change or growth unfortunately. Dispite producing world leading products and technology in it's markets, it does not have the internal management or culture to become truly the leading industry company that it could be.
Pros
Benefits, half day Fridays, well paid, flexible working hours
Cons
Old fashioned, change adverse and slow moving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thales. Our community is ready to answer.