TGI Fridays UK Employee Reviews

Excellent
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Braehead17 May 2019
Good place to work and good enviroment. Management isnt the best as they occasionally mess up pay and also get shifts taken off you without being informed
Company has gone downhill
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2019
I have worked for Fridays for almost 3 1/2 years, The management is becoming extremely poor as well as the lack of concern for their employees, This is something I have noticed in both stores I have worked at. The hours are extremely long and you have to work a 10 hour shift before you are allowed an hour break (including food). Used to be a great company until they began taking our 40% of our card tips (lost out on a lot of money). Pay is also horrendous and does not go up until you are 21. Lots of young people work here as managers will pay them next to nothing for long hours.
Pros
Tips & Staff
Cons
Long Hours, Management, Pay rate
Living nightmare
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear11 May 2019
When i first started the job it was amazing then soon as the months went on it started to become the opposite. Get told last second to have night off, when family emergency happened they said you must get cover otherwise you got to do the shift. The youngster who think they are the boss when there not will boss you about just due to them not being asked to do there job too busy going on their phones. Late shifts, hardly any hours
Pros
No pros
Cons
Always on the pm shifts.
Awful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  The O2, Greater London25 March 2019
I worked at TGI Fridays at the o2 for 3 months, I didn't even bother handing in my notice! I got screamed at constantly, given shifts I couldn't do, physically and verbally abused. Not to mention the disgusting state of the kitchen which I sometimes had to cook things even though I was a door. They were completely unorganised and rude!
Pros
Discount food
Cons
rude staff members
Never work for T.G.I's
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 March 2019
Never work for T.G.I, they lied to me from the interview to my notice being handed in, there motto is there staff are family which i had never experianced in my time there, no free meals on shift unless working over 10 hours but when they want you to work a full day split shift management stiffs you, training and progression is a joke..... Stay away if your looking for a career
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Vibrant
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London21 March 2019
This was a great place to work
I enjoyed the role and the atmosphere as well as the people, the singing also made me smile at times. The face to face interactions and the freedom to show your character was the best part of this job
Pros
Free lunch, reward badges, restaurant scratch cards
Cons
Not enough hours, your responsibile for covering lost balances
T.G.I Fridays.
KITCHEN PORTER (Former Employee) –  Braehead21 March 2019
working with T.G.I Fridays .was a good place but sometimes it was hard to get home because of buses late at night from braehead and this caused myself a very long walk as company did not provide transport for late shift staff
Pros
hard worker
Cons
company did not provide transport for late shift staff
Great, Fun place to work
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey18 March 2019
This is a great restaurant to work in. The ethos and atmosphere is great. The is a real family feel and camaraderie within the team from the GM to the team. This was a well lead store within the brand and almost of the managers make you feel valued and get stuck in and help when needed, which is led from the top by the GM.
It can be hard work and demanding due so the fast pace, and you also get very questionable clientele on a Sunday, but that’s just Staines for you.

Overall this is a great place to work, with great leadership and great values at its core.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Long hours, fast paced, questionable clientele on a Sunday
Fun but unorganised
Serving Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset16 March 2019
My time at TGI Friday's was a fun experience... when management wasn't screwing us over. I have had a overall Ok experience but no one really trained em and getting payed was okay at the start then they put all their payslips online and that caused problems when getting paid.

Good summer job but not career job
fun workplace
Server Assistant (SA) (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex16 March 2019
a great experience and you learn a lot about the different sectors such as customer service whilst being a waitress, and the most famous bar to learn on
A lot
Door Host and Serving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 March 2019
There’s a lot to do in a working day at tgi fridays but the bond you build with the family is a memory that will overcome all the stuff you have to do. On a normal day you’ll have a lot of bookings you have to allocate but the managers will help you out with this or another team member and then you’ll have a lot of people walk in and demand to be sat straight away although some guests are quite understanding about waiting or just want to go to the bar. Then you have the odd day when it’s really quite and you’ll be asked if you want to go home which can be a pro or a con whichever way you look at it.
Pros
great bonds and tips
great company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  North West8 March 2019
Great place & culture ; guest centric awesome reward and recognition. problem is ,few gms leave so opportunities for promotion are limited. fab brand .
Pros
reward and recognition
Cons
lackof promotion
Great people, and that's it.
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire22 February 2019
My coworkers were honestly what kept me at this job. The hours are unpredictable, and sometimes I'd be halfway there to just have my shift cancelled. I'd really struggle to make more than £80 a week. Server assistants work just as hard, maybe even harder than the servers, yet only receive a fraction of the tips that the servers have received, and this is if they actually decide to give you anything. Yes, there are benefits with the 50% off food and recognition for good work, but these are really all the benefits to working here.
Pros
Coworkers, discount, recognition
Cons
unpredictable hours, no weekends off, demeaning
The cold hard truth.
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre21 February 2019
Worst job I ever had and leaving it was the best thing I ever did. The management and everyone that work there are two faced. Everyone creates rumours and in general it is a terrible place to work. The company have no sympathy if you have family issues or in hospital and certainly not mental health. Management are shocking and never help or know how to run it, staff are clicky and all sleep with each other (even married people). The quality of the food is disgusting and the drinks are a rip off.

Honestly wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply for this place FOH or BOH. All this Friday’s is amazing is a load of rubbish. “We are a huge family” is their biggest LIE! All they do is make you work rediculous hours with no breaks and leave you all to struggle whilst they sit in the office.
Pros
50% of
Would never recommend
Waitress/Chef (Former Employee) –  Walsall13 February 2019
Worst job i have ever had, i ended up leaving due to the managers causing me to have depression. Mistreated staff unbelievably. Many cases staff would turn up for work to only be sent home because they aren't busy enough.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Grate Team but dont work here
Head waiter (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London10 February 2019
If your looking to earn good money to live on then this is not the place for you, the management don't have a clue what they are doing. You will not be treated with respect and will be reminded that you are replaceable with every small problem. You will be expected to do at least 2 other peoples jobs on top of your own, you will not be appreciated or even thanked. Worst place to work if your looking to build a career.
Prodictive fun workplace
WAITRESS, HOSTESS FOODRUNNER (Former Employee) –  Limassol Cyprus9 February 2019
It was really great working for TGI Friday's at Cyprus. I worked there for 3 summer seasons which i found very pleasant and fun. I had an amazing experience and the communication with the customers and my collegues even the managers was in a very good level. Of course I had to work under pressure because it is a very busy restaurant but that gave me motivation and willing to do my best so serve people and make them have the most amazing experience at the restaurant making them want to come back over and over again.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, flexible working hours
Cons
Did not have any
Not for the faint of heart, but manageable
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames9 February 2019
Working here has gifted me with many new skills as this was my first job, which taught me how to efficiently work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented industry, but most importantly how to have a thick skin, because at the beginning it was tough. I have definitely gotten along with most of the staff, thanks to my personality, which allowed me to transform some of the professional relationships to secure friendships. On an incredibly busy shift, you will want to be able to turn to someone because that one person might be just what you need to get on. As previously mentioned, I have acquired essential hospitality and customer skills and knowledge which can be easily transferable into another job, which makes my life easier. If you want to work at ANY TGIF store, you have to prepare yourself mentally for the worst. High expectations lead to disappointment.
Pros
50% on food
Cons
Environment
Fun place
Kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 February 2019
Great place, family treatment for all team members . The job constantly changes and moves forward, people are hired for personality and charisma which makes it a really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours, work/life balance
boss is not nice
idek (Former Employee) –  croydon28 January 2019
bad job, bad employees, bad hours, hectic, bad customers, possibly illegal, bad wages. don't work here... ever. its not good at all id rather work at the gates to a very bad place.
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
where do i start for cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TGI Fridays UK. Our community is ready to answer.