TESSUTI Employee Reviews

Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 May 2019
The management was poor as soon as you started they threw a heavy workload onto you and expected you to know how to complete everything .They also bullied some members of staff.And the team ethos is terrible.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
low pay
Long Hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 January 2019
You're expected to do long hours which are exhausting but the staff is really friendly and really welcoming. Management is also poor but you can earn a quick wage.
Not a good company to work for if pregnant
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 January 2019
I enjoyed working for this company until I became pregnant. Really unprofessional regarding expectant mothers - despite having pregnancy complications and having a risk assessment completed , it was not followed. I was left short staffed during Christmas periods, expected to carry out deliveries alone when I was heavily pregnant and didn’t receive the correct breaks if any at all. I was made to feel like a burden for being pregnant.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, short staffed
Great Experience
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Merseyside14 November 2018
Working for this company has made me in to the business manager I am today. I have learnt how to run a store and deal with many KPIs over the years I've been in retail.
Blame culture and poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 June 2018
Poor training - watching video clips on an I-Pad is the management's idea of 'full training'. No proper supervision or guidance. Supervisors blame the new staff for the failures of the supervisors and have a 'do as I say, not as I do approach'. Managers monitor staff movements and activities by CCTV, even in the staff room and use this information for performance management - very big brother and probably illegal.
Pros
Some nice staff
Decent place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 March 2018
Its okay an okay place to work, its just not really business unless its Christmas. The management are good its just that its hard to progress in. Apart from that its a decent place.
terrible
Selling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 October 2017
terrible place to work ,bad management, no sick pay, no progression. typical day would include standing still all day being told to fold clothing that does not need to be to look busy, learned nothing as management would not let you learn new things. you weren't allowed to leave on time if manager had office work to do.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad management
Give it a miss
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn15 June 2017
This place don't treat you well, I worked there for a few months grafting non stop and in return you get nothing but bad shifts long hours quick breaks and rushed about when there is no need.
Pros
Met some great people along the way
Cons
It's not as friendly inside as it looks from the out.
tessuti was a fun workplace, i enjoyedworking there, i was very productive.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 May 2017
a typical day working at tessuti would depend on what time your shift started, if you had a early shift you should have to clean the shop floor and make sure that everything is presentable. Then you would just start your shift, while there are no customers you would make sure that the clothes are folded properly. when people arrive i would just ask them if they are ok and need any help. when you finish your shift you would check your area, and see if its the way it should be and clean, sign out and go!
At times, things could be a bit boring because people wouldn't come into the store, which is the most difficult bit of the job but when you are folding clothed or cleaning it kills a lot of time.
the most enjoyable bit of the job was learning how to fold the clothes and getting to know more about the company, i loved learning new things and meeting new people.
The people were really friendly and welcomed me into the company, they helped me out when i needed advice.
Pros
long breaks, learning new things each day
Cons
long hours and some quiet days.
Part-time sales assistant christmas temp
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2017
Friendly staff who worked together to create a great team of sales assistants. Having 6 years in retail I was instantly trusted and reliable / not much training needed. Flexible hours. Busy period over Christmas although I prefer to keep busy so enjoyed this aspect of the job.

Dealt with many complaints and queries, yet maintained a friendly customer service attitude and approach when communicating with customers. Commitment to satisfy customer needs and requirements. Assisted with visual merchandising, often organised in store promotions and displays. Liaised with other stores for stock checks in order to meet customer satisfaction and to ensure they received their goods. Consistent responsibility for shop cleanliness and safety for both staff and customers.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not challanging, no opportunities for promotion
Fun place to work that demands a good work ethic.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancashire20 November 2016
Tessuti is great place to work and JD Plc is great company to work for. Staff well being seems to be a major priority. The disciplinary system that is in order seems to be fair and effective.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Minimum wage
friendly and fun environment
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre9 November 2016
overall job was okay, had friendly staff that make you feel at home but long hours are exhausting and you really feel it at the end of the week. A job just to earn quick money and no real future with the job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
friendly and always willing to help
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Wirral21 August 2016
i was only there for a short time but they made me one of the team when i needed help with in work life or personal they were there for me it was a very diverse of work to be carried out on a daliy basic but everyone with in the company would chip in to help each other when required

worked close as a family network would work for them again if i had the chance
Pros
location
productive and fun
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  sheffield2 October 2013
A typical day of work consisted off, welcoming customers in to the shop. Assuring them that help is always on hand. Also, showing them round and gathering a sense of their taste. Similarly I had to replenish, serve customers whilst handling the till. Checking for stock at the back ie size/length/colour. I learnt alot about situations when you're under pressure and dealing with different customers. My co workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Particularly my manager.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cheshire3 March 2013
I have worked for Tessuti for many years and I have enjoyed my time there.