Tesco Employee Reviews

tesco was a good stepping stone
Fresh Food - Team Leader (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Prestatyn22 October 2017
during my time in tesco i gained valuable experience and confidence purely because the manager i had had faith in my judgement and ability to get the best out of the team plus the team had confidence in my decision making and they knew that the business always came first...
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours and nights
So~so
Team Leader/Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosyth21 October 2017
Tesco used to be a fantastic place to work but as the noose tightened the pressure was handed down to the employees on the shop floor not very good in the end
Pros
Discount Work colleagues
Cons
Sections of management
good employer
lead night manager (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk21 October 2017
a good company with lots of opportunities to progress. a professional environment for anyone to work in. always dealt with in a professional manner. would happily work for them again
Loved Working at Tesco! Excellent Company to work for!
Bakery Assistant/Supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Pitsea, Essex21 October 2017
I worked at Tesco a long time ago, but I loved it, the management were approachable and all in all a good experience! There were lots of chances for overtime and advancement!
Pros
Subsidised lunches and break tokens
Shell filler
Sales Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Acton20 October 2017
when customers asking to check for the items they need at the back of the store. dealing with customers and knowing the stock by every aisle. manager would always make sure everything looks perfect. friendly customers and very busy especially in the afternoon. when customers cause spillage and damage. very simple, stocking drinks is the most relaxing for me.
Cons
Fun and challanging work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham20 October 2017
I enjoy working at Tesco because it is a fun environment to work in and everyday can be different .It can be satisfying helping customers and have them leave happy.
Really good experience
Christmas Temp Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Egham, Surrey20 October 2017
Staff were friendly
Hours were suited to my lifestyle,
Taught me a lot about customer service
i enjoyed meeting knew people
there was never nothing to do
not best company
Tesco Customer delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Aylesford20 October 2017
this is good for people who are young as a starting job or coming up to retiring as a career do not touch

management - if you can call them that are a joke haven't got a clue if vans go out late they tell lies to customers instead of telling truth making driver look stupid when you go to customer and they say oh I see the van running again.

Tesco - worst company I have worked for they like to break health and safety, dvla rules vans go out over weight cheap tyres

driver - easy job, get spoken to like something on bottom of shoe from customers, joke pay, something goes wrong your fault, shift can have min 7hours rest , no balance of work life
Pros
staff can be a laugh
Cons
joke management, lunch from canteen are boring, no personal life
opportunities for all
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 October 2017
A great company to learn and develop your potential, as a HR Manager you always have something different to face each day which could range from celebration of success, to disciplinary meetings, developing colleagues and Managers to coaching and feeding back about personal opportunities.
Easy Job
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Poole20 October 2017
I only left Tesco after 17 years because they would not adjust my hours to full-time when my family grew up. Not a flexible company unless you know the right people.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Very Clicky - not what you know but who you know
it was exciting . easy for a first tempory job . would work there again .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex19 October 2017
very helpful and welcoming , showed me how to use the lunch time equipment , and were to go if i was not sure . they always helped me when i had any questions , the lunch food is very good value , the salary is a very good rate.
Pros
cheap cooked lunches
Cons
stairs to staff room
great place
Customer service and loyalty assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire19 October 2017
really enjoyed working here friendly staff and good working conditions, easy day to day work, good management team and well paid roles, not a bad word for them
Depends on department
Coustomer Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire19 October 2017
Really busy as a driver, impossible to unload van from empty trays and load van with next round which weights about 800kg in 15min as you need to go on break, where Tesco doesn't pay for your hour brake. So you have to load a van after brake and be late or you need to sacrifice your brake to make it on time. Also that depends on store as some of them are really busy and some are quite quiet
Pros
10% discount
not a bad place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Wokingham19 October 2017
Worked at Tesco for nearly two years, not a bad place to work but was not something I was going to do long term. Left happily on good terms and wish the best of luck to those still there. Many young people such as myself there who work part time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring work
Independent workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester19 October 2017
Tesco is a good place to work for me because working in a big Extra store means I can be left independently or with a colleague to go and get work done e.g. fill shelves. Working with a colleague to get a job done is beneficial as it's good for morale as well as getting a job finished twice as fast. The culture is more relaxed as it's a bigger store and I like this is I can find jobs to do myself and help customers when needed.
Pros
Good pay
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 October 2017
Tesco are a good company to work for, good salary, good staff, excellent benefits. The hours are flexible and there is room for progression within the company.
Benefits
Useless
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Ollerton19 October 2017
Typical day-Same repetitive boring work
what I learned-How to be treated with disrespect
Management-Up their own *%$*&
Workplace culture-n/a
Hardest part of the Job-Turning up for your shift
Most enjoyable part of the Job-Going home
Cons
Good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire18 October 2017
Good fun place to work
Learn different roles
Free traininf
Great
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast18 October 2017
Great place to work everybody is friendly and supportive and no two days are the same which is nice. I dont know why indeed is forcing me to write this review
Nice place to work friendly team
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornbury, Gloucestershire18 October 2017
Enjoyed working for Tesco unfortunately had to leave due to my husbands new job and relocation
When I first started I was put on the direct desk , then I was asked to
Go on customer service due to my
Rapore with customers I helped out on checkout when needed and the petrol station when short staffed .
I was then asked to train as a team leader
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
Canteen running out of food when it was my lunch break