Tesco Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at Tesco and would love to do so permanently.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster DY1112 January 2018
I enjoyed working at Tesco but at the time it was a struggle, being a single parent my Son was 12 yrs old and found it difficult to do the night shift and juggle being awake for day to day living. i.e: School.
Now it is no longer a problem because he is nearly 19yrs old.
Pros
Permanent Hours
Cons
The constant change in Managment.
Working nights
Christmas Temporary Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex12 January 2018
its an easy job but working nights destroys your social life but the money was amazing for what you did, plus other colleagues were really welcoming and friendly
Pros
easy work and great pay
Cons
working nights and management lacking interactive skills
Fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire12 January 2018
Good experience for students who want to add a little extra on their cv. Nice people nice environment easy to learn your way around. I recommend getting involved with a work place related to your degree
Hated it
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 January 2018
Managers not committed to staff but to scan rates. You receive no support in your day to day job. They give all the over time to the new people because they are cheaper to pay
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No flexibility
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laindon, Essex11 January 2018
I enjoy working there I am currently doing nightshifts but I would prefer to do dayshifts. When I work dayshifts the work is much more variable on nightshifts you just fill shelves all night
Pros
staff discount on meals and when you shop there
Cons
nightshifts are unsociable houurs
good pay
Tesco Express (Current Employee) –  Dorking11 January 2018
very good pay but you will work for your money with long hours in a cold environment.
lots of heavy lifting and uncomfortable amount of time spent on feet in busy express stores
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours bad management
Fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 January 2018
Every day at work was fun made that way by the management and the team within I worked in. I learned a lot about the department I worked in, and the workplace was always positive.
Solid company strong values
Project Manager new store refits (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
As above. Busy but rewarding. Lots of opportunity to try different areas of the business. There is a strong culture of everyone welcome at Tesco. 20 years in total service.
Tesco
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gallows corner11 January 2018
Good place to work hours are good wages are good great training can move around the company and be trained to the best of your ability. They motivate you all the time which is great the people are very nice to work for .
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 January 2018
Tesco is a fun, great and flexible place to work. Employees and management are all extremely nice and understanding, really good pay and the environment is a nice and happy place to work. Great to start your work experience off here or as a job through or after university. Overall great place to work, bonuses after a year, friendly environment and good workload.
Pros
Good pay and breaks, reasonable discount
Cons
Busy over Christmas Period
How Not To Run A Business.
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff11 January 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, but due to mismanagement from top to bottom and repeatedly making the same mistakes, to which the staff have to pay for in wage cuts & redundancies, one to avoid.
Everyone at store level is under so much pressure to achieve more with less, whilst trying to comply with an ever increasing amount of external interference from people with no in store knowledge, making store atmosphere a toxic one for all staff.
Pros
You'll meet some great people.
Cons
No Job security at any level except maybe boardroom.
Don't pay overtime
Team Manager (ambient department) (Former Employee) –  HU11 January 2018
Make sure you got this is for Tesco Hungary! The require you to do overtime, but they never pay it. If you don't like than you can look for other job. In 4 years I reach the 1000 hours unpaid overtime. I was young and stupid, never more.
tesco mobile
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexhill11 January 2018
working for tesco mobile was and still is a great job. i loved helping customers with the mobile phone problems. and also being able to see all the new phones before they go on the market with all the training needed.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Leading a team of 180+ collegues
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Crediton, Devon11 January 2018
Leading a team of over 180 collegues to achieve a common goal, I was accountable for all areas of the store and PFS except non food. During my time as a Deputy Manager we were voted as the store with the best standards and became the store of excellence for Christmas.
Temp xmas job
Checkout assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 January 2018
I worked in a Nottm store part time temp on checkouts over xmas. Job was ok most of staff friendly. I was ill over xmas had time off. Wasn't taken on because of being ill. So unfair to punish people for being ill we're humans not robots. Wouldn't want to work for Tesco again. Treat your staff Better!
Pros
Decent working conditions
Cons
Unfair to punish staff for illness
Not an enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, England10 January 2018
I did not stay in this job for long due to lack of a good relationship between staff. There was not a very nice atmosphere. However this job did teach me how to deal with complaints and how to overcome issues efficiently to leave the customer happy.
good
Checkouts (Former Employee) –  baguley10 January 2018
Enjoyed working with familiar faces from my school and got along well with everyone and was a fun working environment with regular faces coming back every week.
My Job Role
Part Time Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester10 January 2018
On a daily basis I ensure that I present myself as I am representing the company. I have learn't various skills within working in a fast- paced environment. I have gained managerial skills which I did not have when I first started at Tesco PLC as a Checkout Customer Assistant. A typical day at work would be attending daily tasks such as staff management, cash handling, administrative work and providing customers with excellent customer service which we thrive to achieve. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Not that I know of
Good team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire10 January 2018
I worked with a fabulous team of people who were supportive and helpful all the time. I was sad to leave my store where I was for about a year and a half, but my studies meant I had to move on. I have been in other stores that were not as helpful or good as the store I have worked in but this is no reflection of the Tesco company as I always had support when I needed it from Tesco.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Long shift slots
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
It was my first job and it was only for an experience and it really helped me understand the workplace how it works. Was it really worth it??
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.