Tesco Employee Reviews

It was alright
Tesco Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham2 April 2018
Working in Tesco is actually good thing because you can make new friends and helping each other and you can also learn different skills and learn different kind of skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Doesn't matter
Good career options
cusotmer assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 April 2018
Delivering quality Customer service to UK shoppers. Working for a major retailer within the retail sector, which provides a broad knowledge of the industry and allows colleagues to progress through management and apprenticeship schemes.
is what you make it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 April 2018
overall a great place to work can be stressful at times, great staff,only downside is keep an eye on your hours, as they dont like paying overtime properly.
Pros
great working inviroment
Cons
overtime pay
Gereral retial work
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear1 April 2018
Started work at Tesco on bread and cake department for 2 years also multi skilled on dot com picking and delivery, fresh counters, stock control and checkouts. Worked as Warehouse team leader for 8 years untill team leader rolls were made redundant on a national scale. Currently work nights filling shelves.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Mundane work
Being as one of the world largest company it has always been fun working in Tesco
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London31 March 2018
Tesco provides multicultural environment to work. Excellent benefits and. Great employee satisfaction. It provides you the opportunity to develop a high level of social circle and can build links.
Do not stay here!
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longton31 March 2018
Terrible place to work. Managers don’t care about their staff and the higher up managers don’t even look at you as a person. They care about numbers and profit more than anything. Worked on nights as a GA and the flexi contract they put you on is a swizz. They put your availability for 5 days a week and try and force you into full time (due to nature of contract). No prospects of moving up in the company and the pay is terrible.
Pros
Staff canteen / free hot drinks.
Cons
Irregular hours, bad pay, poor management.
Awful management
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Kettering31 March 2018
I would absolutely not recommend applying to work as a personal shopper for Tesco, especially Tesco Extra Kettering.
A typical day would consist of being completely ignored by one manager, bullied and belittled by another, and being shouted at by my supervisor. My contract was roughly 6 hours per week, and with no explanation or warning, I was expected to work 39 hours a week, with as little as 24 hours notice (even over the Christmas period!) just because I made the mistake of saying I was available. On multiple occasions I have had to console other colleagues getting upset or angry because of unfair contracts or bullying by managers.
The staff on my department were very kind and are a very close knit group that get on well. That is the only thing I will miss!
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Everything else
poor salary
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sheerness31 March 2018
The only reason why I am looking elsewhere is because the salary is poor and I cant afford my morgage. I was promised overtime to boost the wage up but it has never happened. the job in itself I enjoy meeting people but I have to look for anther place.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
salary
Amazing Workplace.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clowne30 March 2018
I throughly enjoyed my time there since the managers were really friendly and easy to talk to and the staff were really nice as well. would recommend to anyone.
Happy to work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan30 March 2018
Enjoyed going to work at tesco . My contract was seosonal but I was led to believe I would be kept on. The majority of us were only there 8 weeks over Xmas instead of 12 weeks. We got told they couldn't afford to keep us on. Yet I have seen numerous new employees in the same store since Xmas . I have never felt so down since finishing really had my hopes up for a permanent job .
Pros
Friendly atsmospher
Cons
Had to start work at 6am
Some nice people but no one listens
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Callongton30 March 2018
Wanted to join the company offering 40 hours on any department got offered 7.5! No one listens need more hours any days some people are great to work with some are very rude no one listens
Pros
Cons
No one listens
Welcome to the gentlemans club
WL2 (Former Employee) –  Various30 March 2018
If you're a raging sycophant you'll get on really well! Keep your head down, go wit the flow and you will be fine. I found that as the company was changing, the leadership team didn't.
Pros
Its a wage
Cons
too many to count
Just a number
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lichfield30 March 2018
My job role was regular warehouse operative who is there to fulfil its obligation to this giant. I was just another number on the payroll. Managers were exactly as the managers above them who were pushing them to push us regular workers on the bottom of this "food chain" to be a minions in their game.
Pros
I've met a lots of good people there.
Cons
Warehouse culture and enviroment
18 years service b4 redundancy
Senior Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnsley29 March 2018
Had 18 fantastic years of service progressing from a general assistant through to senior manager. Was made redundant recently, I found out first via Social Media!!!! Was a fantastic company to work for and would still recommend it despite my treatment.
Pros
Workplace culture
lovey team i worked within, opportunity to grow
Freelance Sensory Data Operator (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt29 March 2018
Part time data capture for quality food testing, continuous research project on de-branding products across the whole business, visiting potential service providers and compiling tendering briefs to procurement.
Poor management and communication
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen City29 March 2018
Unfair dismissal back in November due to not calling the store when l was off sick when l did as it say on the back of the clocking card . Poor management and communication from staff. I was not informed what time to call the store when l was off not until it was to late. Told l can't apply again for another two years maybe more even though Tesco was a fault. PATHETIC
Avoid!
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isle Of Man29 March 2018
Managers out for themselves and fellow collegues either incompetent or just very lazy.Worked in Retail for over 20 years and 4 years in Tesco by far the worst company i have ever worked for AVOID!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Rubbish shift patterns, Managers and Collegues
not bad as first time job
General Assistant/butcher (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire29 March 2018
typicial day at is be prepared for each day to be diferent then the last.
mananagment not too bad.
workplace aint too bad.
enjoyable part of the job is meeting new and different people everyday.
People Manager (Former Employee) –  Stores29 March 2018
Great place to work, a lot of opportunities to get on.
Diverse workforce
Opportunities to learn new things
Lots of training
Great reviews
Strong polices and proceedures
Supportive
Pros
Great working atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
can be long hours
Hardworking but Enjoyable
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Thurrock29 March 2018
I go there 5 days a week, It was fun and meeting new people is good thing. My favourite part was driving around with ROLLOP truck.
My hardest part of the job is to pick and lift the most heaviest box for an example like 20kg and has to put it up above the cage which is a taller than me so I got struggled to lift it up and put it over there.