Tesco Employee Reviews

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Wales24 June 2018
My role required me to confidently engage with customers, quickly and effectively manage appointments and bookings. I was also responsible for keeping the workplace neat and tidy. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers.
good place to work
Replenishment Staff (Current Employee) –  Plymouth23 June 2018
its a amazing place to work if you like working nights and very friendly staff. the managers are very easy to get on with and help you out when you need it.
Pros
friendly staff and discount 10%
Cons
evening work
Great colleagues
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff23 June 2018
I loved working with Tesco being in a team was great and the company was also good as I learnt so much, salary, pension and holidays were good too, it was unfortunately I was made redundant.
Good place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire22 June 2018
It is an alround good place to work good team hard working very fast paced. Hours are abit odd evening or lates not a lot inbertween. Mangers are good
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Hard work
Poor Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 June 2018
Was working full time in the warehouse. Not a nice environment to work in. Was too easy for certain employees to wander off and not work without being reprimanded.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No team cohesiveness
very productive workplace and interactive, good relationships built with co-workers
Warehouse/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmers end21 June 2018
Great enviroment, I felt catered for but at the same time well worked, I built strong connections with my co-workers so it made it easy to work hard and smoothly, whilst knowing htere werent any week links within the workplace.

very positive and active management free lunches and decent hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours with minimal breaks
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire21 June 2018
I started work in tesco before one and a half month . I like the warehouse , the job is a little hard but the payment is good , but from this work i have pain in the back everyday when i finish i think it is not for me .
Pros
Free coffee
fun place to work , great people
Customer Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire21 June 2018
reasonable rate of pay. good all year round job. oppertunitys to change departments, lean different skills. flexible hours all round good place to work.
Pros
meet interesting and friendly people
Cons
like more hours
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 June 2018
I've held a job at Tesco since college and worked through university too. I've never had a problem with the company as the wage is good and the option for overtime is open for me. Progression within the company has also been available to me.

A typical day for me is replenishing shelves, pulling in deliveries, assisting customers and cleaning.

I've made many friends within the company, everyone looks out for each other and I always have a good laugh going to work.
Pros
Work life, wage, colleagues.
For what you do pay is good but rude and hypocritical
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitstable21 June 2018
I worked at the Whitstable Store for quite a while, maybe it was just certain departments that had staff who thought they where better than everyone else but as a younger worker a lot is blamed on you and there is a lot of rules that were set for some but not others. The pay itself for what you did is good but I did not think it was worth the harrassement and staff talking behind your back to deal with the hassle.

I worked with a lot of other staff my age and if we spoke a manager would complain about it even if it's work related or whilst you work.
ok place to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyhead, Gwynedd21 June 2018
ok place to work for good work life balance
cons early starting hours
pros finish early
so its ok to work for not the best but not the worst so 3out 5
Pros
googd work/life balance
Cons
short hours
Productive workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Liverpool21 June 2018
I only done my work experience for 1 week, however I felt happy in the morning waking up going here as it was a calm and caring atmosphere with such lovely people.
Pros
Helping the public
Cons
The uniform
Good environment
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London20 June 2018
Lovely to work behind the tables as I was more in control of everything I was more concious and careful with the daily sales and and staff behaviour around me
happy team
Admin Ca & Step-up Manager (Former Employee) –  Totton, Hampshire20 June 2018
good college job, could work a self study routine out around me set shifts. With lots of opportunity to pick up shifts. Training system had ability to go beyond the required and develop yourself more if you desired, without pressure if you opted not too. Appreciation and ability to progress if you demonstrate the desire to improve
Pros
set shifts, optional overtime
Cons
small store room tough to manage on delivery days
Fun
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2018
I just like to say that Tesco's is a very good place to work and the people you work with are amazing and you get along with all the managers but there are a few issues like communication is pretty poor but other than that it's a really good place to work and a lot of fun and you get to meet amazing people and make friends.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Good
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford19 June 2018
Tesco’s is a great place to work, friendly environment with good pay and very flexible around you and always looking to help you out in the best way possible.
Business Support Executive - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dundee City19 June 2018
Generally a good employer to work for however, at times guilty of not giving staff the true recognition they desire or deserve for the work they do on a regular basis.
Management can be good depending on your role and position within the company.

Good environment to work in in the Contact Centre but again this may differ to actually working in one of the supermarkets.

Good base for employment and steady income but often due to the structure of the company difficult to move on up the business ladder.
Pros
Comfortable place to work
Goal Orientated
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitchurch19 June 2018
Very goal driven place to work. Constantly pushed to work harder and faster in a fairly fast paced invironment. Must be capable of working in a team and communicating with other members of staff. Certain branches will not supply larger hour contracts than 16 hours so is ideal for school leavers or college students but not so good for someone in need of full time hours.
Pros
Collegue benefits
Cons
Not enough hours supplied with contracts
Busy
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool19 June 2018
My overall experience while working within Tesco has been a bit of a roller coaster, however, it has taught me a lot about the world and working in a busy environment. The majority of the staff that I worked with where very friendly, if I needed help they would help me. The thing I enjoyed the most is the relationships and bonds that you make I have met some incredible people while working there and made some friends for life. One of the hardest things I experienced while working there was an incident involving an older male colleague that seemed to continue even after management got involved.
Pros
Staff discount, good support, helpful staff, good customers.
Cons
Managers have their favourites
good benefits, bullying managers
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey19 June 2018
senior managers bully people into getting results,
departments are cliquey,
older staff members are lazy and hostile to those who challenge them,
if the face fits you get treated well, if it doesnt, even if youre a harder worker you get lumped with the tasks nobody wants to do.
job has flexible working patterns,
great for students.
has some cool benefits, like staff discount, money off restaurants and cinema.
decent pay for what the job is
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
managers, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K