Tesco Employee Reviews

Inclusive and relaxed work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 July 2018
Good sense of community
Lots of benefits
Friendly management
Good work ethic among staff
Good morale
Flexible hours
Good relationship with customers
Excellent customer service
good friendly
Cchekout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh4 July 2018
Tesco is a nice a friendly palce to work with loads of helpful staff , good pay ,d ecent horus and very very very flexible in helping out with you and any needs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lunch
A great company for students
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Talbot4 July 2018
Tesco provided me with a steady income during my time as a student.
They were able to transfer me between stores during term times, this was very useful!
The pay was better than most other part-time employers in my area, and the 10% discount was very much appreciated.

Admin was slow however, at least in the stores I attended. I constantly found myself pushing management to get important tasks, like student transfers, completed.
On the odd occasion pay was a little under, only because the work rota system is outdated and any over time or changes to shift patterns were not always recorded.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly staff, Very accommodating to individual needs.
Cons
Slow admin
lots of fun
Warehouse Assistant and Stock replenishment (Former Employee) –  Bursledon4 July 2018
again only work experiance but this was one of the best, me & my colleges had had a great laugh but i always worked hard, sometimes i did get to go out on shop floor and stack the shelves (which is what im better at)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hours 12-8
Management are the worst ever.
PERSONAL SHOPPER (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset3 July 2018
Worked here whilst in sixth form and for the amazing pay you get for the job it was not worth it. I worked on the 'dot com' department. This is by far the worst, if you don't mind getting up early, you then have to contend with constant targets being pushed onto you, horrible managers and something I never recieved... Consideration. Day off? Need to leave early? Never going to get that approved.
Pros
Great pay, staff discount, staff cafe.
Cons
Early hours, bad management, constant targets.
Decent place to work, good benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twickenham3 July 2018
During my time I had plenty of opportunity to develop my skills. Full training was given by my colleagues and this showed it was a great team to be a part of.
Good Easy place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  CSM3 July 2018
No dramas and fairly easy job to do, every day is different which helps with keeping busy, would recommend the job to others.
work life balance was spot on aswell
Fun and fulfilling place to work
PERSONAL SHOPPER (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 July 2018
I enjoyed working for Tesco as the management team are very understanding and adaptable to the needs of the workers they employ.
I particularly appreciate the ethics and policies of the company, allowing everyone the opportunity to work for them with no restrictions.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Early starts
Awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant3 July 2018
I worked in an Express. Poorly ran, constant arguments, treated with no respect by upper level staff.

The hardest part of the job was the customers, the express was situated in an undesirable area and because of this customers were often abusive and difficult to deal with.
Tesco is a competitive company
People Manager (Former Employee) –  Flitwick3 July 2018
Tesco is a company that is ever evolving to stay afloat. In my 22 years experience I have been treated well with promotion opportunities and a competitive saoary.
Pros
Stff discount and colleague bonuses
Cons
As a manager time managment can be a challenge
ok as a first job or retired person
Customer assistant nights (Former Employee) –  Bradford2 July 2018
they gave me set days as a contract but you do after work longer if needed. great job for a first job, student or older person. I wouldn't recommend for long term
Pros
Cons
work over your comntract hours even if you dont want to
Diversity and Hard work
Line Manager "nights" (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire2 July 2018
The job has changed so much in line with the business needs.i have found working for Tesco challenging to say the least but overall if you have the drive and enthusiasm the job has its rewards .
The job and its processes teach us how to manage and develop a team to get the job done .
I enjoy the changes we have from day to day within this role every day is different and hard work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Long hours sometime required
Customer Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kent1 July 2018
Tesco is a good place to work, stable job, nice friendly people. You get all the help you need if your not sure. I would recommend it as a starting job.
Decent.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grays1 July 2018
It was okay to work there, very hard to keep on top of, stressful at times but worth the effort you put in. The pay was decent as well so overall okay.
A job one needs, not wants
ASSISTANT PERSONAL SHOPPER (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk1 July 2018
To provide customers with the best quality to their products, while using clear communication skills and ensuring my work was done accurately and efficiently to the timelines set.
Good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs30 June 2018
Work is usually fine, I have friendly coworkers, and a lovely store manager. Work/life balance can be very difficult at times on a flexi contract, not all needs/requests are taken seriously or get done.
Pros
Lovely staff and customers
Cons
Difficult work/life balance on flexi contract
Great place to workctive and fun
Customer Assistant - Nights (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 June 2018
The best place to work, meet people, make friends. Management is sweet ready to listen and help even on personal or family issue, they sort you out to give your best. You can always move to a new role.
Pros
You can determining your working hours if you want.
Cons
Could be a good place for you if you love to keep fit naturally while working
Okay
Christmas Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  York30 June 2018
Working here was okay, but no benefits and the management didn't handle certain problem employees very well. Main manager was horrible/unprofessional.
Friendly
Shelf Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent30 June 2018
At my time at Tesco it was enjoyable place and very friendly i did like working there apart from doing the night work . you didnt really get any trouble on the night shift from customers it was mainly all friendly .
typical day
LGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 June 2018
awful place to work rubbish management colleagues are idiots who believe rumours and then try to get to you in their own way, to splash all over facebook as if its a great thing to do. colleagues who don't actually appreciate that they have known you for ages and would rather stick with the crowd incase they get the same treatment.
Pros
Cons
management and colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K