Tesco Employee Reviews

General assistant / step up team leader (Current Employee) –  Purley4 October 2018
Tesco is a great place to work and i have learnt a great deal ivw also made many friends the hours are good and for the most part management are sound
Simple work with nice colleagues
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon4 October 2018
Tesco were kind to me, just like the people that work there. They taught me many skills like handling money, shelf stacking, proxy sales, cleaning up spills, customer service and treating customers kindly and with respect.

The work was simple and if you are under pressure the colleagues and team leaders would help each other with their work load, which is nice. The best part of the job would probably be everyone getting along and being able to have fun as you get work done.

But the work/social life balance was hard to cope with working evenings on the weekends all the time. Never getting quality time with family and friends, which I value very much. It would of been much more enjoyable if there were a rotation for the weekend shifts for everyone.
Pros
Discount Card, Kind Colleagues
Cons
Evening Weekend Work
Not the same company
Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands4 October 2018
Having been at Tesco for 14 years, being a manager for 6 of them, I have seen many changes happen within the company. The main focus of the company is the customers, by doing so the company has forgotten about the little people that work for them. Mainly the management team, being a team manager you have a big workload, and not much support given.
The pay and benefits however are not to be looked down at, this is probably the main reason as to why so many people stay for so long at this company. It isn't a bad job, I just wish the company would protect the colleagues rather than always looking after the customers needs.
Cons
long hours, work life balance can be hard
Team work..
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  londin4 October 2018
It was a fun place to work and professional.
I have learn a lot and develop to how to work alongside management team, how to delegate and seeing issues.
Pros
Staff discount of 15% off.
Cons
Flexible time frame.
Fun welcoming workplace
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Campbeltown4 October 2018
Tesco was a good wee job it worked in great with my life I would get up early in morning nd be finished in time for taking my daughter to school . then I would start my shift after tea time and clean the bakery which I enjoyed . I love to clean I feel relaxed when I'm doing it :) I loved the customers I got to no who came in what times they came in . the staff were lovely to work with too . I had to leave this job as I was expecting my little boy josh and was struggling as I was heavily pregnant josh I's starting nursery now so this is my chance to get back into work :)
Pros
Had my lunch at home
Cons
Part time
Overall good place to work Avonmouth DC
HGV 1 driver (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth4 October 2018
Mostly multi drop & shunting..spent nearly 26years with the company..moved on because I had enough of travelling to work 2.5hr round trip sometimes more.
Great people genuinely helpful,trainers nothing to much trouble very approachable. Everything you need to do the job👍
Pros
People
Cons
Money wasn’t the best..but it has improved
Fun workplace and nice times everyday
Team Support (Current Employee) –  Downham Market3 October 2018
I learn everyday in this company that the service is always important, always smile and get prepared for hard but good days at work.

They are normally nice people , very friendly and happy to see you every day.
Pros
Good place to work in
Cons
Breaks
Lies and more lies
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willenhall3 October 2018
too much is expected of people and when people leave they arent replaced which increases the amount of pressure you have, managers act like they are doing you a favor and dont help with anything
Easygoing but boring
Seasonal Customer Assistant & Stock (Former Employee) –  Aldershot3 October 2018
Decent pay, don't feel like management see you as an individual though. Feelings weren't considered always, but overall quite an easygoing job. low stress.
Fun workplace shame about the management.
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 October 2018
Fun place to work with great people shame about the management. Poor pay and benefits compared to similar roles in other companies.
Progression is more of who you know and get along with more than having the actual skills required for the role.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire3 October 2018
They were really good with helping work around my daughters needs for childcare. I had the opportunity to choose which days a week I would like to work to help with that.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  St. Neots2 October 2018
Always had jobs to do, never left doing nothing. Very nice staff, take care of others and take good care of customers. Great place to work and had a great experience
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
No Free Food
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London2 October 2018
I absolutely love my job and find it very fun to wake up to go to work even if its early shifts. This is because of the lovely and friendly staff always say hello and and very kind and generous people. I love all my work colleagues and because of the friendly staff it makes it the best place to work. The culture of the workplace is very good and relaxing.
Pros
Friendly staff
Decent
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley2 October 2018
Nice people to work within a small environment but if you fall out with someone it can get sour, Customers are normally nice and friendly with a couple being not so.
great place
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire1 October 2018
working at tesco has improved my team building skills, it has taught be to be well organised. The culture is very diverse which is a great thing because you get to interact with many different people, and I think that is the best part of the job.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
far from home
Very Productive
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llanelli1 October 2018
Tesco has provided me with multiple skills concerning situational judgement, critical thinking and communication. Each unique situation challenges you and requires you to come to a resolve, in a polite and friendly manner whilst working as a team and achieving superb customer assistance.
Pros
Staff Promotions, Staff Christmas Partys
Cons
Sometimes the job can become very demanding and stressful. But I suppose all can
Great job, poor progression
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire1 October 2018
Working for Tesco is second to none, colleagues are sociable, always willing to help you out and easy to make new friends. The workload is decent, enough to keep you busy and plenty of overtime available. Unfortunately when you become complacent in your job that’s where things go bad. Management is so disinterested in progressing individuals that if you are looking for a career at Tesco, I would strongly advise to look elsewhere. You will be given mountains of lies and pointless hurdles if you mention progression.
Pros
Free hot/cold drinks, sociable hours
Cons
Non existent progression opportunities
What you would expect
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Yeovil1 October 2018
The hours were horrid and the manager of my department was very hard work. However, the pay was good at the time and there are always opportunities to switch to another department.
Great For Young People
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haslemere1 October 2018
A great first place to work. I was paid for holidays and received an end of year bonus. It really felt like working as part of team and I got liked my colleagues.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
Not always being asked before being allocated overtime
fun and interesting place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2018
Meeting my regular pleasant customers, i learnt how to give excellent customer service. Manage was ok at times but could be better. Every little helps is our culture at Tesco. Always offer cutomers help and team work is always at the heart of whatever we do. The hardset part of the job was things changing all the time as mangers come and go they have their own ways of doing things which could be confusing at times. The most enjoyable part of my work was interacting with my colleagues and customers. seeing the smiles on their faces after being served and told thank you all the time.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
no free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K