Tesco Employee Reviews

Leading a team of 180+ collegues
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Crediton, Devon11 January 2018
Leading a team of over 180 collegues to achieve a common goal, I was accountable for all areas of the store and PFS except non food. During my time as a Deputy Manager we were voted as the store with the best standards and became the store of excellence for Christmas.
Temp xmas job
Checkout assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 January 2018
I worked in a Nottm store part time temp on checkouts over xmas. Job was ok most of staff friendly. I was ill over xmas had time off. Wasn't taken on because of being ill. So unfair to punish people for being ill we're humans not robots. Wouldn't want to work for Tesco again. Treat your staff Better!
Pros
Decent working conditions
Cons
Unfair to punish staff for illness
Not an enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clevedon, England10 January 2018
I did not stay in this job for long due to lack of a good relationship between staff. There was not a very nice atmosphere. However this job did teach me how to deal with complaints and how to overcome issues efficiently to leave the customer happy.
good
Checkouts (Former Employee) –  baguley10 January 2018
Enjoyed working with familiar faces from my school and got along well with everyone and was a fun working environment with regular faces coming back every week.
My Job Role
Part Time Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester10 January 2018
On a daily basis I ensure that I present myself as I am representing the company. I have learn't various skills within working in a fast- paced environment. I have gained managerial skills which I did not have when I first started at Tesco PLC as a Checkout Customer Assistant. A typical day at work would be attending daily tasks such as staff management, cash handling, administrative work and providing customers with excellent customer service which we thrive to achieve. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Not that I know of
Good team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire10 January 2018
I worked with a fabulous team of people who were supportive and helpful all the time. I was sad to leave my store where I was for about a year and a half, but my studies meant I had to move on. I have been in other stores that were not as helpful or good as the store I have worked in but this is no reflection of the Tesco company as I always had support when I needed it from Tesco.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Long shift slots
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
It was my first job and it was only for an experience and it really helped me understand the workplace how it works. Was it really worth it??
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Depending on your particular branch
Customer Assistant, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
Can be a fun place to work. My particular branch had issues with regards to their employment practices. Hours and shifts are good and pay is about average for job type.
Pros
Hours, shifts
Cons
Some parts of management
salary
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire10 January 2018
the work is easy, a typical work day fro me involves counting stock and reducing stock. I learned to create relationships with customers, and gained a good experience of customer service and retail experience. the pay could be higher but its a good job to have
Fun place to work
Checkout Customer Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire10 January 2018
Great staff and management team. Fun place to work with good benefits. Competitive salary with chance to advance further by taking part in their managerial program.
Learning center
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex9 January 2018
Love my job at Tesco! Receive a lot of support from my team and my manager. Very easy to learn the job and enjoy helping customers. Very secure job and possible to further the career if wanted.
Pros
Staff discount, great support, high pay
Ok, Just bad timing
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Erith, Greater London9 January 2018
The job itself is fine, The hours are very hard to work with normally starting at 4am.

Walking for atleast 5miles per day in a warehouse is also very tiring.
unsatisfied colleague
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland9 January 2018
worked for tesco for 10 years, felt as if my job was not safe when the structure change came into play. Felt I was treated differently due to my disability, forced out of a store due to it.

Have no work life balance, i wouldn't rate tescos to work for
Pros
good wages and benifits
Cons
Poor Management/no support
Lovely company to work for
Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saffron Walden9 January 2018
Lovely company to work for.
Great benefits
Lovely staff
Totally look after you
Lots of incentives even had Christmas off!
Great pay rates no matter what age!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Only part time
Career
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
Hi I worked for Tesco looking for new careers and tasks in life. I enjoyed working but looking for new challenges in life. New year new job and careers.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Less pay
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seacroft9 January 2018
Really good place to work and there are are lots of positions to see what suits you the most. .
Pros
Well looked after
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire9 January 2018
Becoming a Team Member opens up incredible career possibilities— it’s how many of our managers started out. To succeed as a team member you’ll be someone who can put people at the heart of everything you do, building relationships with your team and acting quickly to help our customers. This is a hands-on job for people who enjoy tackling big challenges as part of a team, who like to stay active and who love to see their work make a visible difference.
Productive, Socialable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rainha9 January 2018
Tesco is an ok place to work, nothing spectacular. Everyone is treated equally, and most of them are friendly & easy to talk to and get on with. I get on with everyone, and we always have a laugh and joke when working! Makes the environment/atmosphere so much more better and enjoyable.
Pros
Easy to get in with people, Staff discount, friendly staff, Everyone is treated equally, discrimination isn’t tolerated, Hours get worked around if needed & decent pay
Cons
Nothing negative to say
easy and fun
Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire9 January 2018
the work itself was okay, i enjoyed just being left to get on with work. unfortunately my child care was decreased so could not full fill the whole temporary position needs
Pros
hour and half hour breaks
Cons
heavy lifting
Workplace was interesting
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Worthing9 January 2018
There was a good culture within my individual store. The store was almost always understaffed and would often be left to run between 2 members of staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.