Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 10,584 reviews matching the search See all 12,649 reviews
Not a great place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mile End, Greater London27 November 2018
This is truly not a good place to work and the managers do not care about you. I have worked here for over a year but I am getting bored of doing the same work everytime. I work for an express Tesco and I have seen that they even make one person do the whole delivery. This is truly not fair and the manager in this place is of no help. He cannot do anything and does not even know how to do a rota. He is complete useless plus it makes you more depressed working here. I suggest to people if you want to work here then only work here for a bit and then change jobs. The management is not great however the only benefit I can see is the pay.
Pros
Only the pay
Cons
Long hours, rubbish management, short break, not a great place to work.
can be fun if u work with a gd group
Team Leader / Night Team Worker (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton27 November 2018
easy money sometimes sometimes really hard work for peanuts, the saying is pay peanuts get monkeys
they always say they willl progress you on but unfortunately rarely follow it through.
Concentration camp
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 November 2018
The worse company to work for, managers haven't got a clue about their job, colleagues are selfish, its not healthy or safety to work for tesco, every single warehouse , trailer and shop is DIRTY, there's rats everywhere , if you want to be a SLAVE , they are the best.
awful place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire26 November 2018
Tesco is by far the worst company i have ever worked for, they dont care about their staff, all they care about is money. I work in a small express store and we never have any staff, I get forced to stand on tills for hours on end and then I'm told i cant take my break to eat that day. They continually treat their staff awfully and then wonder why no one wants to work for them anymore.
Pros
good wage
Cons
long hour, no breaks, bad management
fun
customer severer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
tesco was the best place of working
i have enjoy the most time working in tesco in manchester
people that worked with very funny even the manager was the best manager she didnt even wanted me to go
as the job i was doing was just to help customers to get what they want and even thoue some of them was bit like god but it was the best job.
Pros
20 inch
Cons
48 hours
Great Place To Work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee26 November 2018
Enjoyable job with suitable hours and good pay. Benifits are a great bonus to this job, as well as social interaction with people when they come into the shop.
Decent part-time job while in uni
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  Cheshire25 November 2018
How much you enjoy the job is down to the management team at your store and especially your department manager, getting on with them is important. Most people are friendly and smiley but colleagues tend to group up. Can be boring repeating the same task everyday but the pay makes up for it. Some roles can restrict you from socialising with others and kind of separates you from everyone else. Overall is a decent company to work for with a few benefits.
Pros
Pay and discounts
Cons
Boring
Great benefits for workers
Clothing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire25 November 2018
Tesco is a good company to work for and there is always a lot to be involved in, however some miscommunication between management and employees occurs too often. In my particular branch, customers can often be rude for no reason, you can help them as much as is possible and they still seem un-greatful for your hard work.
Pros
colleague booklet and discount after 6 monthd
Cons
long hours, miscommunication between management and staff
productive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 November 2018
we had to move cages and stack products onto shelves and also clean the said shelves and had to aid to aid the customers if need be by helping them find certain aisle, however we were not paid because it was work experience.
Pros
free lunch
Hated it.
Nightshift worker (Current Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester25 November 2018
Worked as a night shift worker, had my job threatened to me if I didn't do overtime. Absolutely no communication between management. Managers have favouritism and are biased. Nothing is ever good enough, even if you filled the most that night. Never a thank you or recognition.
Cons
No work life balance.
A good place to work while working on other things to do.
Personal Shopper/Colleague (Current Employee) –  Maldon, Essex24 November 2018
Tesco is a good place to work while you are still building up your skills for the professional world. I recommend it to anyone who is willing to put the work in. By this, i mean not have a problem with working at all, since the job isnt hard. It's just what you expect. Managers are nice too and the pay is great.
Pros
Cheap colleague lunches
Cons
Can get busy during the festive periods
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Enfield23 November 2018
Great work to work,great team player,work flexibility and family support.Tesco takes care of its staff.Benefits are just good.Holiday package is good.Career advancement on those who may want to become managers
Great Place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  York23 November 2018
Great people loved it.great place lovely people happy and helpful people loved every minute only left for new opportunity. would 100% go back to work there again
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire22 November 2018
Good place for work I enjoy my time
I was have lots of friends there
I miss my workmates and friends
I spent 13 years of my life there it was great time
nice place to work
Nightshift Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellon, Aberdeenshire22 November 2018
I worked at Tesco's throughout my studying and now wish to pursue a different Career. While working at Tesco I have acquired team work skills and Customer
Bad management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham22 November 2018
Best thing is pay but the management is sloppy and don't give you the right break. Like they say 30 minutes but they give you 10! Do not apply here. Be aware that it will get busy during term times
Fast paced job constantly in the go to finish targets in a small time space
Personal Shopping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading22 November 2018
· Ensuring customers get the finest shopping journey.
· Making sure customers can always get the products they need.
· Ensuring customers are excited by the promotions and find the aisles welcoming. · Ensuring customers leave the store feeling valued and satisfied.
workplce
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
is a good place to work i just lert becues i like to do something else and the mengement is good helpfull .and i learned how to work wit team.i really enjoy
tesco
General Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Tidworth21 November 2018
I loved working for Tesco,I learnt a great deal of new skills and met a great deal of nice people. Tesco is a place i would work again if given the opportunity.
Job role - Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Port Glasgow20 November 2018
Tesco delivery driving is a good job i would reccomend to anyone, i am only leaving tesco to drive bigger things. Deliver all over scotland and work with a good team of drivers.
Pros
Feel like your own boss
Cons
Working late nights and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K