Tesco Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun
Filing staff records (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, UK13 September 2018
My duties would be assisting customers, which I was confident with, removing excess cardboard for recycling, which I did enjoy, apart from getting paper cuts, and filing confidential information.
Going down hill
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Baird Avenue13 September 2018
Since joining Tesco in 2007 I have seen many changes take place and not all for the better.

I accept that companies are required to move with the changes but I feel Tesco are not focusing on their staff enough, staff are treated with disrespect and in a way treated like children.

If you like being micro managed then Tesco is the place for you.
Pros
Great colleagues, good laugh at times and wage is decent
Cons
micro managed, manager who don't know the job, overall treated like a child
Not so bad
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochdale13 September 2018
a typical day at work is hard, its never ending from the minute you walk in the door you don't stop. i have learnt a lot working with Tesco, management could be better they all take everything out on the little people, when all the little people try and do is help (they need to remember they were there at one point). the hardest part of the job is telling your friends off, because lets face it the people you work with do become you friends but you are the shift leader and you also have a job to do and it has to be done. the best part is when everyone gets on with the job and its a great day, everything flows and nothing goes wrongs, everyone has a laugh and a joke and loves there job, it is a good day all round.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
very long days
Tesco
Driver/Management Development Programme (Former Employee) –  Lichfield13 September 2018
Well organised Company, effective and efficient planning, certainly not a stressful environment, good company to work and progress your career.Great Benefits.
productive and fun werkplace
Loader (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire12 September 2018
i am a working person uho always works to do everything perfectly at work but at the same time a person always smiling and communicative with the rest of my colleagues
Store Colleague (Former Employee) –  Norwich12 September 2018
Great job for students as allows flexible transfers between locations, easy to build a relationship with your team members. Lots of employee benefits from the job.
Pros
Pleasant place to work
Cons
Can be a repetitive job
Always Busy
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 September 2018
within the week I worked at Tesco for my work experience back in 2017 I learnt so much, how to respect others around you whether that was staff or customers, how to operate office equipment etc. I was always busy and it as extremely fun to work there
Pros
always busy
Cons
tiring
Ideal for students
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 September 2018
It was perfect working weekends while i was still at uni. Generally speaking they understood that i needed extra time off during exam season. Its great experience working with the challenges the general public bring and improved my people skills ten fold. My time has taught how to handle difficult customers and situations better.
Pros
Ideal for students
Cons
unpaid breaks
great place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  tesco express oxford road abingdon12 September 2018
we get in at 5.30 and get things ready like papers and mags and then at 6 we open the store and then roughly between 7-8 delivery would turn up and i would bring that in and then start to work it by putting it on the shelves till 11.30 that was my break. come back at 13.00 and do reductions on the gun and finish my day at 14.30

while at Tesco i learned very many different aspects to the job and enjoyed learning every single bit of it.

In the almost 7 years i was with Tesco my experiences of management was that they didnt stick around for long in my seven years i had 5/6 managers and even more deputy managers which was a shame cause every time u had re pour with one of them they would leave.

The best part of the job was seeing customers come in and now you made there day a little better in what ever way you could.

hardest part was when we ran the shop 1 on 1 that was hard but i found myself being more determined to make it better.
Pros
great people to work with and help if and when needed
Good pay, easy work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 September 2018
Was a good part time work, nice environment and good hours, only wished i asked for more hours because it was a good job. Had to pay for my own lunch but that was fine.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Didn't reach my potential
good benefits bad hours
I currently work as a checkout assistant (Current Employee) –  Penistone12 September 2018
i enjoy working for tesco but the hours are terrible never knowing flex from one week to the next being given holidays and then being given shifts. its all really unorganised especially working around things such as kids and school.
Fun Place
trainee (Former Employee) –  Burnt Oak Station12 September 2018
Although it was only for a week unpaid, staff were friendly. I quickly got used to the daily routine and got to know the shop floor better and overall felt nice working there.
Pros
short 6 hours a day
good place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london12 September 2018
working night shifts gave me the oppertunity to experience night work, also working here allowed me to experience team work as well as individual work.
Challenging but Rewarding
Grocery Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lydney11 September 2018
Tesco is a fast moving business. The job roles are becoming bigger in stores due to restricting across he business.

Management gives you a broad ranges of skills to draw from and can be very rewarding.

Salary and benefits are competitive with most being available from 6 months of employment.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uckfield11 September 2018
I enjoy serving customers and helping them with their shopping whether it be to carry items to their car or just to find items within the shop.

I prefer working on the checkouts than with stock as I get to develop my customer service skills and meet new people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Work life
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, North Yorkshire11 September 2018
A nice place to work great with helping people who have a young family. Lots of jobs available but tend to be flexible contracts. Sometimes help you to progress.
Pros
Cash bonus
Fab Company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Eidnburgh11 September 2018
Its a good company I went back to work a second time with them.

Staff morale was great it had amazing job opportunities and lots of routes to enhance your career.

Overall a good company but has changed within the last 3-7 years and no longer presents a good work environment for their staff or customers.
Pros
Good morale
Cons
not great security.
workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strood11 September 2018
Learnt a lot about how to manage a shop during the day to day duties. A lot about policies and taking stock in , stock taking and filling shelves. Amending paperwork and using the computer to sort things
Pros
10% staff discount
Work
Customer Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Glengormley11 September 2018
Tesco is a good place to work for because it can give you a chance to move up into management if you want to. In your daily day you can see what a manager does and you can learn for it. There is a few bad things within Tesco and that is that certain people will get special treatment if the management likes them. The staff that you work for always try to help you out and always up for a laugh.
Pros
Staff Discount
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 September 2018
Good Place to work, however people are made managers on the politics level and not on the capability of individual. Cannot progress in the company unless you speak to managers and they like you.