Tesco Employee Reviews

A good company to work for.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea14 October 2018
Tesco is a company with high-performance standards for its employees to follow. It was my first job and one that I learnt a lot about developing quality customer service. Management is approachable and tries their best to make sure you've looked after. I've met a lot of friends that work at Tesco and have enjoyed my time working here. The downsides are that the working hours can be unsociable and it can be a stressful job in the winter months with high expectations for staff to deliver.
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay
Cons
Unsociable hours, can be stressful at times
negativ job
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading14 October 2018
work without personal development ,good job for a moment,
money on time, bad working hours, morning shift and then the next afteroon shift week
I do not recommend
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian14 October 2018
I don't get the negativity to be honest. Get in head down do your bit work hard go home and get well paid for putting boxes in a cage . There is heavy lifting involved but it's not all day . The management are fine it's the negative people that have been there for years that wear you down. My only regret is I didn't go to Tesco earlier . The performance is an issue if your going to stand about and moan all day . 92% is pretty easy to achieve barring issues with machinery or scanners. I do believe the walking time needs addressed though. The canteen is ok as well .
Pros
Pay and the guys who work there
Cons
People that moan about insignificant thing's
I would make sure every stuff is happy and ready uo meet all the challenges t work smale amd talk to customers as well as asking if they needed any h
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London dagenham13 October 2018
Biggining of summer and a hot day it was most stuff call sick and i have to deal with a situation where i had no enogh stuff. I had to deal with difficult drunk customers. Sometimes its not easy to control them when they are drunk but you just have to deal with it
Pros
There was no free lunch since it was an express store
Cons
I have worked so many long hour and i enjoy that
Nice place to get your experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester13 October 2018
I really enjoy the workplace and the colleges, however the management was not there as fresh department never had a proper manager. Loved to work on tills as you always get the chance to interact with customers.
Pros
Fun, and busy
Cons
management
Hard work that at the end of the day is not worth the money/health
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Purfleet13 October 2018
Physically demanding work with a lot of stress and managers are constantly on your case with regards to performance even though if you ask anybody their targets are made for robots or superman as no average human can hit 100%.
Pros
Good canteen food, subsidised as well
Cons
Hard work, long-term health issues, pay good but not good enough
A good company to work with
Price integrity customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Tesco Extra, Salford13 October 2018
Worked as a team member in the price integrity team, a typical
day job starts with monitoring any pending jobs and solving it.Then continue with the current targets which involves any price changes in the product lines, changing to new labels and promotions.I have learned the culture of different customers to whom i met with, also helped me to work as a team member, also helped me to transfer my skills in the area that i involved.The management was very helpful to me throughout my career in the company, the are very friendly
Be your own boss
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 October 2018
I have worked at Tesco for nearly 4 years as a customer delivery assistant ( dot com driver).

During my time here I have had 2 mangers, 2 team leaders , 2 senior managers and 2 store managers. Every 2/3 years normally there is a new store manager, who then moves managers on and brings in their own team.

I have a good manager to be fair if you need to swap a shift you can or need a holiday you can request it. The manager has 7 days to get back to you regarding a holiday, if you have not heard back union rule is you are automatically granted the holiday.

The job can very hard at times not going to lie. Most of the customers are very friendly and you build up a customer realationship.

For example I have been delivering to a customer who was pregnant at the time now the two children are 3 years old. The customer trusts me and we have a good chat when I deliver.

You do get flats with no lifts and can be over 100kg. However just take your time and if you can’t complete your run just bring back what you can’t do. I have done that in many situations. I don’t work over my time. Not
My fault if the order requires more time.

Now here’s the bad part unfortunately, you can be abused and threatened on the road. I have had a knife pulled on me, and
Had someone threaten me with a baseball bat. We have cameras on the vans however they only record when you harsh break or take a corner fast. So the camera is only there to protect company property.

When I reported I was threatened it was not taken seriously and nothing was done.

Over all once your on the road
  more... your, your own boss. If the many phones you just hang up lol.

Hope this honest review helps.
Pros
10% discount and bonus
Cons
Hard work. Sometimes no support
Going downhill but good for teenagers
Dairy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wick, Highland12 October 2018
Chance of getting a full time contract (36 hrs) is extremely slim. Management is terrible extremely lazy and very under trained on all aspects of management.
Pros
Got it’s own Union
Cons
Terrible hours and pay
good comp[any
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen12 October 2018
Tesco were a good company to work for. There was good promotion prospects if you were prepared to put in the effort. Your working hours were very flexible making finding the correct work/life balance easy
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Not many
boring job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulham12 October 2018
couldn't use my skills and experience to this job. Didn't enjoy this job. Had to stand up 7.5 hours per day, so physically suffered. Not a good job, but pay was quite good as a start up job.
Cons
stand up through out the work, caused leg pain
ok place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex11 October 2018
OK place to work. quiet flexible. hours and pay were fine. would go back there. enjoyed interacting with customers. great sense of team work reflected on a daily basis
good set of drivers
Customer Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London11 October 2018
a typical day you hand in your clock card and wait to be allocated your van your van trip receipts and PDA device.
ive learned and gained a lot of experience of dealing with various types of customers and delivering various locations i.e. homes offices businesses schools etc.
some of the Management tend to act like they are not part of the team. there are too many divisions within the company bearing in mind we are supposed to be working to one common goal.
The drivers and loaders are a ace set of workers made many friends within these two sectors. great sense of togetherness and over standing. the hardest part of the job id say is delivering of multiple amounts of 2 litres x 6 packs of water to flats with no lifts.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the as i stated before is the togetherness of the loaders and drivers.
Pros
good set of drivers
Cons
poor pay for expected duties
Fun work place you can work your way up in
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham10 October 2018
Great place to work for! Can’t say much about it other than it being a great convenient place to work for full of happy hard working people. A great place to work your way up in also!
Pros
Everything other than given con is great
Cons
Expect overtime a lot if you’re part time
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  York10 October 2018
They are a good company to work for. I'm lucky enough to have friendly colleagues and there are some really helpful managers. There is a good mix of customers.
first full time job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London10 October 2018
Currently working as a CA full time. improving my skills, such as working as part of a team, professionalism and customer interaction. I mainly work 3pm-11pm 4-5 days a week, I mainly work the shop floor putting out stock and assisting customers and covering tills at busy times. The most enjoyable part is definitely working with my colleagues, it's only an express so you get to know everyone well. Additionally with it being a small store you learn and make friends with many regular customers
Good Part Time Work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow10 October 2018
Working at Tescos provided me with a good oppurtunity to gain experience in part-time work as a first job.

Hourly rate was competitive and the hours were fair.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Inconsistent management
Very good company to work for
Personal Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2018
Company always ensures that there staff are well looked after and was fortunate enough to have a career with Tesco.

In my last role before I was made redundant I found it very rewarding as it was all about supporting people and staff through great training and delivering great customer services too.
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
Lenght of your day sometimes
great
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton9 October 2018
i worked on the newspaper department i was trained in other areas and also has the opportunity to do over time. great team work. i took deliveries and managed my department
Pros
team work
Cons
fitting round family life
work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Worked hard for work experience staff helped if you was stuck . Learnt to tidy up shop floor . To greet customers . Respect others. Stacking shelves.
Pros
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K