Tesco Employee Reviews

People Manager (Current Employee) –  Shropshire18 January 2018
Two days are never the same, one day I could be inducting new starters, then running a workshop for team managers, or building a training schedule for managers or running an options day for colleagues to develop in the company or providing support to another store in disciplinary matters
There is so much to learn and its so easy to with online learning portal - either people or operationally.
Lots of opportunities to get on and the colleague can find out all about it on our website
Open and honest workplace. Celebrate success with the team regularly. We work as one team
Hardest part of the job is when there is structure changes and it is affecting colleagues/managers life (redundancies etc)
Best part of my job - fun at work, developing others and seeing them achieve their goals and aspirations. Coaching managers and colleagues to be excellent in their role to enable them to provide great service to our customers.
Pros
Opportunities, benefits, the people
Customer comes first
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee City18 January 2018
Customer comes first attitude and building loyalty, when dealing with complex issues on daily basis from a number of contact methods into the centre.
Hands on
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley17 January 2018
Faced paced environment with a lot of management staff on your case after you've settled in, trying to get you up to your set targets and store targets
Enjoyable work environment
Design Studio Coordinator for the Online UX (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2018
Enjoyable work environment, but there was an inability to ensure very basic needs were met.

The corporation was very large, and so it covered overall requirements, but when individual team needs arose, these could never be met.

As studio coordinator this made my role quite difficult, as supporting my smaller team was not as straightforward as it could have been due to wider policies and regulations- such as budgets on a wider scheme, or the capacity/ facilities provided on a larger scale.
Pros
Relaxed environment, working on your terms
Cons
Logistics were not the best for each team under the larger scale umbrella.
fun
Warehouse Operative/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 January 2018
great workplace and welcoming also easy to learn quicker ways to get tasks completed and still have fun at the same time as you are working in your department
Pros
easy to work with other
Cons
not easy to get luch
Productive and fun
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland17 January 2018
I enjoy working in Tesco it allows me to meet all walks of life and also I've got to meet and work with great colleagues. The salary is also great especially for a student like myself.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable work enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent17 January 2018
I found the well known super market chain in Kent a friendly and enjoyable place to work,
A typical day at work would be, see the team leader and be given the task's for the day, [ tille's ect ] chang over with member of staff, and serving customers. Team leaders where very helpfull, when needed.
the hardest part of the job was when it's exceptionaly busy and keeping customers happy when the queues are building up.
The best part was interacting with customers, and working along side great collegues.
Pros
Staff discount's, company shares
Cons
Sometimes limited hours
Tesco
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley17 January 2018
The people are mostly friendly and helpful. There is opportunity for advancement if you wish to work your way up. The pay is good for the retail sector. Not enough staff on shop floor though.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Some customers are unpleasant
No support
Customer Assistant Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 January 2018
Felt forced out of company thru my disability was not offered any help or support was told they could not see the problem with me sitting at a til for 4 hours a day with fibromylagia
Needs new management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk17 January 2018
This company takes a ‘flexible contract’ to the extreme. They cancel shifts while you are working them, as well as give you a few hours notice that your shift is cancelled- only to reinstate the shift a few hours later. They employ managers straight from school with no life experience and no people skills who obviously do not know how to treat others and have no empathy with anyone who also has a life apart from the workplace.
Pros
Discount schemes after 6 months
Cons
Flexible temporary contract
Retail
Technical Director, International (Current Employee) –  Cheshunt17 January 2018
Fast paced and customer oriented; exciting to see the shop floor; very male dominated business. Enjoyed the multinational aspect of my job and was able to connect with people and businesses around the world.
Managers are pressurised by superiors and therefore workers are treated horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Kilsby, Warwickshire17 January 2018
I wouldn't be happy working there, even though did many years of service.... There is no trust with mangers (90% of managers).too much corruption from the top to the bottom of this company. The Union always takes sides with this company.
Pros
10% of mangers treat you like humans
Cons
treatment from management not good
good working environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Banbury16 January 2018
Good working team of good friendly staff. Good team work and company invested in training whilst working there. teams supported each other which made for good environment
Ok place to work.
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, Devon16 January 2018
Was a decent place to work at the time, suited my requirements in so far as overtime options and a friendly atmosphere however was hindered by poor organisation and a culture of blaming others.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Unpaid Breaks, Poor organisation
Good work experience place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne16 January 2018
I really liked doing my work experience in Tesco as I have learnt many new things and have improved on my communication skills and got better a team work. I felt really welcome and really liked the team I got to work with.
Pros
Nice and welcoming team memebrs
fun
Butcher/customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset16 January 2018
i had so much fun at Tesco and learnt a lot about working in a team and being a team player and how to work as a team and working on my own as a team yes
Fast quick changeover environment
Dot Com Picker (Former Employee) –  Gorton16 January 2018
A typical day for someone who works the Dot.Com section involves an early morning where you are required to pick customers online shopping within a required time frame.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Early mornings
A well balanced work force
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey16 January 2018
Although I worked just a festive employee, and I’m in no stance to fully judge of what work is like at Tesco’s due to not being employed full time, I can ensure my time at Tesco’s was definetly one of the best work experiences I’ve had. Working on the checkouts allowed me to meet new people everyday, familiarising myself further with my local town. The management team were nice to cooperate with and you could talk to them as if you were there friend which I really liked. Talking with some of the team at Tesco’s who have worked with them for literally centuries are some of the nicest people I have talked to, which augments Tesco’s name for being number one in customer service. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time at Tesco’s tremendously.
Pros
Frequent breaks, good salary
Cons
Demanding work (always busy)
Sales Counter
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 January 2018
the job was really good , good hours and good pay was a fun work space to be around but I the fell pregnant and went onto maternity leave and did not go back but overall was a really good job.
Good but job security is an issue
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
Tesco is a good place to work but it feels as though you are easy to remove, due to management just renewing your contract as temporary. Therefore your job is not permanent, and the managers can just choose to terminate your role. Good pay, however very tiring due to lifting very bottles, especially if filling drinks aisles and pet items. Good staff members, good chemistry with all shop floor workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.