Tesco Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,818 reviews matching the search See all 12,805 reviews
Good pay, terrible management.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire21 January 2019
I have worked here for a number of months and since joining, I have hated my time here. Despite the pay being good, I have found that the management staff do not listen and tend to leave things unorganised.
Pros
Good pay, colleague shop, discount, easy work
Cons
Long hours, awful management, terrible uniform, stressful conditions, Tiny break room
Don’t even bother
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  East London, Greater London19 January 2019
Sunday pay was cut down and staff were promised a payout to cover this loss but this payout was then cancelled with no explanation given, the only sort of reasoning I heard was the raise in Tesco wages by 16p!!! What a difference! Poor management, very weird managers lurking around and makes you feel like you’ve done something wrong even though you’re a good worker. I’ve been called out for not smiling enough, and managers will only be nice to you if they need you for overtime. Managers are also very selective and fire some people for minor things but keep certain people for years despite always being late and having a very bad attitude. Overall would never recommend. Only staying to avoid paying back my holidays that I’ve already taken before Tesco’s working year ends.
Pros
Friendly staff, alright for part time if at Uni but not for long.
Cons
Very busy, normally weird customers, unfriendly and demotivating managers
fun workplace
Personal shopper (Current Employee) –  Suffolk19 January 2019
a fun place to work, good benefits and salary. I enjoy the family atmosphere, everyone works as a team. hardest part of job is the walking, on feet all day.
Most of the time it was enjoyable.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote, Derbyshire18 January 2019
Overall, working for tesco was an okay experience but it depended on who you were working with. Mostly, the job was flexible and easy to progress with despite some of the challenges I faced.
Pros
Discounts, Good pension, Flexible with time away.
Cons
Bad management, One sided, Sometimes ask too much of you on a day to day shift.
Do not work for this company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire17 January 2019
Do not work for this company management treat you like your not worth anything don't get any thanks for what you do staff leaving all the time long hours don't get weekends off which they can be shared with everyone holidsys are good they expect too much
Pros
Holidsys good
Tesco's
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2019
Standard retail job, management are approachable. Salary is good compared to other jobs in the same field. Hours are a bit long but is a good part time job.
Enjoyable but lacking structure.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire15 January 2019
My Tesco store is an enjoyable place to work, very flexible working hours and a good varied team to work with. However the store lacks discipline and structure, often being too casual. This does cause inefficiency and problems running the store effectively.
Pros
Great place to work, good benefits, career progression
Cons
Rate of pay, ineffective management
A good starting out place
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Bedford15 January 2019
Although Tesco's in general being a good job and the benefits are really good it is sad to say that for me a few managers have let it down for particular stores, which is why I shall be leaving as soon as I have found something better.
Good work place
Customer Assistant Fresh Foods (Former Employee) –  Market weighton14 January 2019
Very good work place they were happy to move to around departments if they needed help and I wanted the overtime. Trained me on other departments so my skills grew
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not full time
Good pay and good jobs
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookstown12 January 2019
Great people to work with and very good salary, great discounts and always open to help you train in other areas. Great management and work life balance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only part time hours
ok
Café Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes10 January 2019
Average place to work with average pay and average benefits... Career progression Is promised and advertised a lot but never seemed to surface. Not much else
Bad workplace
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Lesmahagow10 January 2019
didnt get paid holidays, bad management. Pay was good and hours were sufficent but the manager was horrible and very sexist, werent allowed to do certain hours
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad manager
Good place to work.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chitchester10 January 2019
Secure job. Good benifits including shares and pension. Must be willing to do over time during busy periods such as Christmas. Can be quite difficult to fit around school hours and commitments.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
You need to be flexible
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, Cambridgeshire9 January 2019
The typical day at work involved me filling shelves to make sure that everything was ready for the next day and for the customers.

I learned all about different products and how they are different. I also learnt about Heath and safety.

Management was good.

Hardest part of my job was the unsocialable hours.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor hours
Good place to work as student
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 January 2019
Money is okay for student work
no full time work available
normally over time available to build up hours
normally okay with working around univerity
Pros
over time
Cons
no fulll time
Fresh Food Trading Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 January 2019
Best part was the colleagues and customers. Great people.
Fun workplace.
Main negative would be frustrated with same problems and no long term solutions. Too many quick fixes
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Unsociable manager
Work experience
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaumont Leys Centre8 January 2019
A typical day at his placement was quite good. i learnt business selling skills and communication skills. The hardest part of the job was the manual work.
Pros
Free lunch
Good place for teamworkd
General Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Tree7 January 2019
I enjoyed working at Tesco, everyone was very welcoming, the benefits were great, job does get same thing same old. Enjoyed doing big jobs, ex changing shelves .
Pros
Discount card
Cons
short hours
It was fun in the work place and easy to do
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cefn mawr6 January 2019
It was good working there, the money was good the checkouts were very easy to work and easy to get the hang of d overall was quite a good job but was only a Christmas time job which is the reason why I stopped working there.
Pros
Good pay
workplace
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster6 January 2019
Management was terrible and the hours and days off weren't normal. The food was awful and if you got caught talking in the warehouse you would get done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K