Tesco Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Tesco Mobile is great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandhurst, Hampshire18 June 2018
Interacting with customers daily, helping the find a new phone of contract is fulfilling work.

Management is very well managed and helpful and sociable.

Work environment is good and cheerful, we always help each other out.

Plenty of time for breaks and rest as the sales job can be hectic and demanding.

I am nicely encouraged to be the best customer assistant I can be.

Chances to go on training courses to better your sales pitches and insurance talk so you have the ability to reach your targets.
Pros
Everything below
Cons
Small work space, wifi is not great. Thats it really.
fast work pace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester10 June 2018
I was made to handle different types of stock including foods as well as electrical stock. I learn a lot of customer service skills that helped me talk to customers. It was a fast work which was fun although some tasks can be repetitive.
Good working environment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian4 June 2018
I worked there part time for almost a year and it was great for extra money and good working environment.
.........................................
Worse place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pulborough, West Sussex3 June 2018
I had a good time there at first but I had a mental health problem and they got rid of me just like that because they said I was taking money I only used for customers and they didn’t believe me and the money was okay once a month
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very long hours
Extremely good pay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire2 June 2018
Tesco have very good pay for all their staff. There is also alot of overtime avalible which is very positive when wanting to earn abit more money. All the staff are lovely and positive, I love working here.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours can be long
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 May 2018
I enjoyed working here while at uni however, it was quiet dull and was not very stretching. I was ready for a change and needed to move into a job which provides learning.
busy fast paced environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bidston27 May 2018
working in Tesco is a busy fast paced environment I have worked there for 6-7 months and I enjoy working there , all the staff are friendly and approachable
A good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire25 May 2018
A good place to gain initial work experience. The work is okay but the colleagues are great. A good place for when you are young and still learning things.
very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 May 2018
great employer but not the best that there is out there other supermarkets are much better and have better pay and are much more health and safety conscious
Pros
wage
Cons
hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire12 May 2018
Tesco is a good place to work for people who are ambitious, hard working and willing to learn new skills. Tesco provides good retail and customer experience in a way that is beneficial.
Pros
Choice of learning new roles
Cons
Not always enough hours
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent10 May 2018
I worked for Tesco for a good few years.. And in the last year or so I had to have some time off due to some personal issues..Apparently this was unacceptable and I was sacked.I found the support was very poor and I was made to feel guilty for trying to fix my issues I was having.The Store manager failed to lead by example and continued to support people who had far more time off than myself.. Very double standard and very much if your face fits.
Cons
Long hours and Misuse of flexibility contracts
Productive good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tesco kiddrrminister9 May 2018
Productive good first job, i enjoyed working there, there were a variety of jobs which was good because it taught me a lot about working in retail and in any job for that matter and i think it helped better prepare me for later life.
Good job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth8 May 2018
I enjoyed working at Tesco, the hours were fitting for my needs at the time and was happy to do them. A very small metro store but was lovely amount of staff to work with and made work enjoyable.
good to work with people
Tesco Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenford27 April 2018
I go to work on time ,work very hard , if any one need help I willing to help them , I work for part time ,I am friendly with people and enjoy my work
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire26 April 2018
a great to work, you get to learn so much about the company. they also give you opportunities to move up the ladder. you also get great benefits from there as well.
Pros
great benefits
Great place to work!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, County Londonderry17 April 2018
Although I work in the same aisle daily no two days are ever the same. The customers are keen to get to know us and generally ask our opinions on the products we sell.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Late working hours and no free parking
Lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire12 April 2018
I really enjoyed with this Tesco F&F team was extremely friendly loved learning new things while working with F&F I’m only reason for leaving was because I was unable to complete the hours I was contracted due to childcare problems
Pros
Lovely working environment
Cons
Hours couldn’t find a child minder
Constantly on the go but a good place to work
Tesco Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall8 April 2018
constantly on the go, but the time goes quick haha. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the friendships you create along the way. A typical day at work when it’s busy is to have a million things going on at once and too many jobs that you need to get done while customers need you to help them, but somehow, it all manages to get done, even when you think it’s not possible.. the trick is to not get stressed, just be laid back and everything works out in the end :)
Pros
Great friendships
Just work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire3 April 2018
I did work experience at TESCOs, but i found it very enjoyable. The other staff were very nice and helpful. I had to fill shelves, as well as tidy them and reduce the cost of items.
It was alright
Tesco Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham2 April 2018
Working in Tesco is actually good thing because you can make new friends and helping each other and you can also learn different skills and learn different kind of skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Doesn't matter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K