Tesco Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Unorganised and Disrespectful Managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalston, Greater London14 September 2018
Store managers are very disrespectful to employees and only favourite people with the same ethnic background as them. The managers are very ignorant, arrogant and try to get you to work on rest days all the time. Work else where if you don't want nothing but stress.
Student work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester14 September 2018
My Son has applied for many positions at the Stockport branch and has failed ever application . I feel really disappointed as he’s hardworking trustworthy punctual and very keen to work between college hours.
good money
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wells10 September 2018
The money was very good, however they are pushy with extra shifts. this could be a problem if youre a busy student or travel a lot. i found this to be a problem when booking holiday
Good place to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 September 2018
It is very good place to work for and get bonus aswell in every April and December . I only to leave is because I have done this for 10 years and want something different
Pros
You can have lots tea and coffee
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire3 September 2018
I learnt many different skills and I enjoyed every minute working there.During the three months I gained many transferable skills. I faced many different challenges whilst I worked for Tesco.
Could be better
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down1 September 2018
A typical day in work for me is that I go in. Get told what I am doing for the day and then leave. I have wanted to go onto the managers course for over a year and I keep on getting shut down for it. I have not been told why and I know that I could prove my full potential if I go onto it
Cons
No social life
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulbourn27 August 2018
Worked part time on the tills scanning items that the customer wanted and help bag the items if they needed help.
After a while I moved to the home shopping department where I would pick and move customers orders to the vans ready for delivery.
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire26 August 2018
Colleagues are friendly and always willing to help you progress further.
Multi-skill training available at request.
Managers are easy to get along with, but can be strict if work is slacking.
Fun working culture
If restricted to time limit, can become quite stressful if workload is high.
Pros
Brilliant Pay, Flexible Contracts
Cons
Strict managers
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falkirk20 August 2018
Tesco is a fun environment to work in due to all the staff and management who are all very caring and fun people to work with and its never a dull shift there is always someone to talk to and they always cheer you up.
great working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone14 August 2018
very busy always something to do .
learned a lot about clothing , had a great manager hardest part of the job was sales time it was very very busy ,enjoy working for Tesco putting out new stock .
Pros
great discount offer
Cons
very long hours
Friendly and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire14 August 2018
I served working at Tesco for 3 years, and i did not once dislike my job. I enjoyed every shift and every moment working along side my colleges and as a part of Tesco. I would highly recommend them as a good company in caring for their staff, to work for.
I loved that they not only functioned as a store to achieve personal gains, but worked alongside other charities and organisations to support and raise money for them. The best part of working g at Tesco for me was the incredibly friendly people, and the fun events that we performed through out the year.
Pros
Good bonus and Extras
Cons
Holidays and time off was hard to obtain
Good Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oddington, Oxfordshire13 August 2018
All members of staff are incredibly friendly. Staff only areas were nice enough and the overtime opportunities are very common especially around the school holidays
an average place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands31 July 2018
the shop on a whole is ok but the poor management ruins the experience. you will often find yourself with a workload that is simply impossible to complete within your shift
Excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside17 July 2018
My store I worked at was a great environment and the college's where fantastic. Tesco is a great place to work with all kinds of benefits. Including bonus, pay as you earn and discount in purchases.
Enjoyable
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 July 2018
Working at Tesco is such a great place to have a career as not many companies give a fair pay to young people however Tesco did. Not only this all staff including management are friendly.
Pros
Good pay
Excellent for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire8 July 2018
As I am a student, tesco was extremely helpful in accomodating my hours - i.e., during term time when I am away from home, I can swap to a store near the university, or not work at all, with the assurance I will be given hours when I am home (christmas, summer etc).
It is also a fair wage - age is not considered, everyone is paid on their skill level. Meaning that when I joined at age 17, I was earning the same as everyone else on my department, which I think was fair, given we are doing exactly the same job.
Pros
10% discount, annual bonus
Cons
Long hours, unpaid breaks
Good but bad
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire5 July 2018
Expected to do a lot especially a lot of overtime depending on what Dept youre assigned too.
Managers can be a massive pain they do not do anything to help but will moan when you cannot finish all your tasks
People are friendly
Some customers are nice some are not
Pros
Good pay
Cons
not flexible
Decent place to work, good benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Twickenham3 July 2018
During my time I had plenty of opportunity to develop my skills. Full training was given by my colleagues and this showed it was a great team to be a part of.
Awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant3 July 2018
I worked in an Express. Poorly ran, constant arguments, treated with no respect by upper level staff.

The hardest part of the job was the customers, the express was situated in an undesirable area and because of this customers were often abusive and difficult to deal with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Wales24 June 2018
My role required me to confidently engage with customers, quickly and effectively manage appointments and bookings. I was also responsible for keeping the workplace neat and tidy. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K