Tesco Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry15 January 2018
While on my work placement in Tesco, I was treated with the same respect that was given and found it easy to communicate with other members of staff, overall I had a pleasant experience and learned the job duties and tasks that would be regularly handed out on a real working day.
Pros
Enjoyable, Fun, Friendly
Cons
Enhanced my communication and teamwork
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rainham14 January 2018
Prior to working for Tesco my communication skills were not great. Having to work in a small tight-knit team gave me the confidence to speak for myself, and allowing to offer my own opinion.
Pros
Free Krispy Kreme Donuts, Flexibility
Tesco
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gallows corner11 January 2018
Good place to work hours are good wages are good great training can move around the company and be trained to the best of your ability. They motivate you all the time which is great the people are very nice to work for .
tesco mobile
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexhill11 January 2018
working for tesco mobile was and still is a great job. i loved helping customers with the mobile phone problems. and also being able to see all the new phones before they go on the market with all the training needed.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire10 January 2018
I worked with a fabulous team of people who were supportive and helpful all the time. I was sad to leave my store where I was for about a year and a half, but my studies meant I had to move on. I have been in other stores that were not as helpful or good as the store I have worked in but this is no reflection of the Tesco company as I always had support when I needed it from Tesco.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Long shift slots
Productive, Socialable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rainha9 January 2018
Tesco is an ok place to work, nothing spectacular. Everyone is treated equally, and most of them are friendly & easy to talk to and get on with. I get on with everyone, and we always have a laugh and joke when working! Makes the environment/atmosphere so much more better and enjoyable.
Pros
Easy to get in with people, Staff discount, friendly staff, Everyone is treated equally, discrimination isn’t tolerated, Hours get worked around if needed & decent pay
Cons
Nothing negative to say
tesco maidenhead
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire8 January 2018
as my first job I did enjoy working here the variety of people that you wpould meet on a daily basis was lovely all the staff are very happy and cheery and polite
shocking management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham7 January 2018
checkouts

management are shocking and encourage favouritism in the work place and are ungrateful to those who work hard and are willing to work at short notice.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
ungrateful management
First PT Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashton upon Mersey, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
This was my first ever job and was close to my address which allowed me to continue my sporting activities at the weekend. Once again I enjoyed working her and only moved for more money and better hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 January 2018
It was fun working in Tesco's, made a lot of friends there and understood responsibilties a little bit more.
i've lurned a lot at Tesco's, it boosted my confidance and my character skills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wages

Want to know more about Tesco?

Ask a question
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester3 January 2018
good place to work friendly staff , roles helping stock rotation using the tills and handling money , great for new families working hours
Pros
free lunches
productive workplace
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  belfast25 December 2017
Tesco is a very good organisation that helped me to improve my skills and to learn new skills
my job in tesco was to help customers with their requests and stock control
Pros
team work
Cons
Stable job, can be fun with the right people
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea8 December 2017
Worked in Tesco for ten years, started when I was 16.
The early days were the best, there was enough staff in so the work load wasn't so much, as the years went by Tesco started changing things, people were being made redundant or leaving, it dropped moral drastically. I was luckily on a department that I knew my job was safe and the workload isn't as stressful. Met my best friend there so I am forever grateful to the place. I feel like I grew up in the place it made me the person I am today.
Its a great place to work if you have the right staff and manager.
Pros
money is good, meet new people and friends for life, hours are decent, holidays are good
Cons
horrible customers
Nice to work very friendly place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex28 November 2017
The only reason I wanted to leave was because I wanted to further my career but found it very difficult to do it their it was a great place to work but I wanted to learn more and progress which wasn’t going to happen
Pros
10% off and sometimes 20%
Cons
No progression and didn’t feel apriecated
Extremely poor management.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire14 November 2017
The staff were great, very supportive of each other. However, the majority of the managers are rude, obnoxious and lazy.
They have no people skills, therefor are not able to deal with problems, instead just making false promises.
The lazy staff are left alone, whilst the hard working staff are expected to do unreasonable amounts of work to make up for them. The job would have been good if the place had been run correctly.
Pros
Reasonable wage
Cons
Poor management
staff great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe13 November 2017
when I worked here the staff were great, I learned how to deal with customers and how to diffuse a volatile situation with ease and it was a stepping stone
workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Quays and chester11 November 2017
i worked at tesco for nearly nine years.Loved the job i had worked as a picker worked on nights as well as worked on the checkouts as well as filling the skhelves
great place to work.....loved my job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft8 November 2017
enjoyed every minute of my time working for Tesco.
Managers were very supportive.
My manager on customer service desk was a friend as well as my manager.
Pros
discount on shopping
productive and i highly recommend it.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 November 2017
i learned many new transferable skills and also enhanced the ones i already owned. Building customer relationship was the best part of the job. working under pressure and managing things to be completed on time was a challenge i could take very well.
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bebington, Merseyside6 November 2017
My time during my work experience at Tesco was fantastic I got treated great whilst working here and I would love to join back here and work there the staff treated everyone equal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.