Tesco Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 506 reviews matching the search See all 12,649 reviews
fun work place but unless managers
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  tesco13 December 2018
like most places you can good managers and unless managers unfortunately tesco has more unless managers than good managers. flexible contracts are used to give people little hours at 24 hours notice.
Pros
salary
Cons
usesless managers
good part time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels, Scottish Borders12 December 2018
was a good job to have whilst and paid well but sometimes it was very very very hard to get a shift changed that you really needed off or supervisors would have favourites
Pros
good pay
Cons
set shifts hard to swap
Quiet workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hove30 November 2018
A fun place to work. I would spend a lot of time on the tills and the particular branch i worked at was relatively slow therefore time would go by extremely slowly.
Very reliable job and was easy to get into
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2018
This job was very consistent and had very good hours which made sense for me. There were multiple employees who were willing to help and teach others about the job.
Pros
Nice lunch room
Cons
No lunch break
Ok if you are a student
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2018
great hours for students but if you pay a mortgage forget overtime and no more than 8-10 hours a week no teamwork don't have a personality be a robot.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, Surrey7 November 2018
There is always something to keep me occupied, I am constantly moving about, helping other colleagues and customers as well as maintaining the store appearance and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Can be quite tiring at times.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Ardsley, West Yorkshire6 November 2018
Nice chatting to different people everyday gets pretty repetitive scanning barcodes, but you can try your look chatting up birds which is good. 7/10 would do again
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Repetitive
Very nice working environment
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield26 October 2018
While working at Tesco I would always leave feeling accomplished that I have managed to be as helpful as possible to all customers, but also while enjoying working there myself and with many nice cooperative colleagues
Pros
Flexible work hours, nice environment, competitive pay
Nice place to get your experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester13 October 2018
I really enjoy the workplace and the colleges, however the management was not there as fresh department never had a proper manager. Loved to work on tills as you always get the chance to interact with customers.
Pros
Fun, and busy
Cons
management
work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2018
Worked hard for work experience staff helped if you was stuck . Learnt to tidy up shop floor . To greet customers . Respect others. Stacking shelves.
Pros
free lunches
Productive place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham8 October 2018
Staff are lovley to work with but found it hard to get the training to progress within the company some members of managent did not have the time to train
Pros
Staff discount
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire5 October 2018
Good place to work. Good money. I guess it really depends how you are going to like it there by having a decent management team. Otherwise can be really unbearable to work.
I was lucky with my management and reasonably enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good Pay
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London2 October 2018
I absolutely love my job and find it very fun to wake up to go to work even if its early shifts. This is because of the lovely and friendly staff always say hello and and very kind and generous people. I love all my work colleagues and because of the friendly staff it makes it the best place to work. The culture of the workplace is very good and relaxing.
Pros
Friendly staff
Great job, poor progression
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire1 October 2018
Working for Tesco is second to none, colleagues are sociable, always willing to help you out and easy to make new friends. The workload is decent, enough to keep you busy and plenty of overtime available. Unfortunately when you become complacent in your job that’s where things go bad. Management is so disinterested in progressing individuals that if you are looking for a career at Tesco, I would strongly advise to look elsewhere. You will be given mountains of lies and pointless hurdles if you mention progression.
Pros
Free hot/cold drinks, sociable hours
Cons
Non existent progression opportunities
tesco
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braunton1 October 2018
I enjoyed working with in this company was good experince and found alot of help with the managment, would deffently recommend working here, Good group of colleuges
Worst place I ever worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire30 September 2018
Worked there for 3 week, couldn’t find anything interesting, everything was so confusing. No training provided. Worked for replenishment. There’s no one to shadow or ask for help, the management used to give specific work to do, and you can never find them or anyone between the work of what so ever.

I became sick for one day, got a call from store manager and was asked to leave the job indirectly, he did even said I’m doing something that’s why I’m not coming to work, I was like seriously, I’ve to tolerate all this just for a part time job. The very next I left my job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressing
Great staff
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bangor19 September 2018
Fun place to work and enjoyable experience , lots of family events and activities whilst working within the store ....................................
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Uniform
Unorganised and Disrespectful Managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalston, Greater London14 September 2018
Store managers are very disrespectful to employees and only favourite people with the same ethnic background as them. The managers are very ignorant, arrogant and try to get you to work on rest days all the time. Work else where if you don't want nothing but stress.
Student work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester14 September 2018
My Son has applied for many positions at the Stockport branch and has failed ever application . I feel really disappointed as he’s hardworking trustworthy punctual and very keen to work between college hours.
good money
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wells10 September 2018
The money was very good, however they are pushy with extra shifts. this could be a problem if youre a busy student or travel a lot. i found this to be a problem when booking holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K