Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

good place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london12 September 2018
working night shifts gave me the oppertunity to experience night work, also working here allowed me to experience team work as well as individual work.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uckfield11 September 2018
I enjoy serving customers and helping them with their shopping whether it be to carry items to their car or just to find items within the shop.

I prefer working on the checkouts than with stock as I get to develop my customer service skills and meet new people.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 September 2018
Good Place to work, however people are made managers on the politics level and not on the capability of individual. Cannot progress in the company unless you speak to managers and they like you.
tesco
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset9 September 2018
its a ok place to work and the pay is good to but to get in you have to do season work first and then hope they have a spot to full. the work is easy to do but it will keep you busy.
its okay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 September 2018
its busy, usually under staffed, management is hard to talk too. work place is okay, hardest part is doing a job for 2 people, the people there are fun and not bad.
Cons
under staffed
A Useful Job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 September 2018
A good job to have whilst saving money for university with flexible hours and a contract that you can work around your education whilst still earning enough money to have the proper university experience.
Good Pay but Intense Work
Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth2 September 2018
Working as a customer service assistant at Tesco would be an intense role a lot of the time, due to the busyness of the store.
However, working there i got on with all of my colleges which made that intense, busy environment a fun place to work.

However, the management in the department that I worked in I as not particularly fond of, and neither were a lot of my fellow colleges who left similar comments. This is overall one of the reasons in which I left Tesco and have gone on to find another job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Intense work Place, Management
great when i was there
Customer services advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheerness30 August 2018
great job with great people whom i am still friends with today.
pay was good and the hours fit around me so win win.
i would work in tesco again in a heartbeat
Nothing to say
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Turriff, Aberdeenshire29 August 2018
Nothing to say however you get no thanks for doing extra time at all the more you do the more your expected to do and the workers who are cheap do nothing
Good workplace, good staff
Cleaner, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Accrington27 August 2018
Good job for grafting and working overtime however I only had work experience so I wasn't paid for my labour. Good management and good customers in area I worked that didn't cause any problems
Pros
Good staff and helpful management
Cons
Sometimes customers can be unideal
Professional workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kettering27 August 2018
Good wage for a part time job whilst at college or sixth form, can become tedious if there for too long, make sure to tell managers if you have any issues to try to resolve them
Pros
Staff discount after 6 months
Cons
Can be boring
average
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2018
you wouldn't know where you would be working I preferred face to face with customers but sometimes in the warehouse or stacking shelves nice place decent canteen.
Good to place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex23 August 2018
Flexible with hours, good place to work. Nice atmosphere- good team environment.

Customers always very friendly- always well stocked.

Would recommend
fun working
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmers End21 August 2018
working in a store can be very interesting because you meet different people at every time.working in a Tesco you have to wear a smile everytime to attract your customers
Pros
not applicable
Awful place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire21 August 2018
Hated every minute working at tesco, management are liars and extremely lazy, you can only progress if you are a brown nose. Staff are cliquey and extremely nasty lots of gossiping and back stabbing, avoid at all costs
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Everything else
It was a decent job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cricklade, Wiltshire21 August 2018
The job was fairly simple and the people I worked with were nice. I believe my store was used to train managers, so often our managers were switched out. This often gave us some instability with the changeovers, but that wasn't too bad.
Tesco paid well and across the year, we recieved some nice little extras.
Unfortunately, we were often understaffed and it wasn't ideal.
Overall, it was pretty good. There are definitely worst shops to work at.
Pros
Good pay, good extras
Cons
Often understaffed
Reliable
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oxford18 August 2018
A basic place to pay the bills but a reliable job, great colleagues and able to learn while you work on multiple departments. Management in certain stores could do with a little work.
Ok Place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews14 August 2018
worked within the kiosk area. management were very clique however there were some good managers. Most enjoyable part would have to be getting along with all other customer assistants
Everyone should work retail in their life.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainsborough13 August 2018
Working here you can expect to do things like dealing with deliveries, stocking shelves, filling Beers / Wines / Spirits, collecting trollies, serving customers on the checkouts. Sometimes all in the same day.

Working here you'll learn respect for people that work in the retail sector and that the customer is NOT always right. There's ways to progress here via the Options (basically they fast track you towards becoming a manager).

The culture in tesco's is massively inclusive, especially people working in this store, everyone constantly strives to make the customers and staff feel welcomed and comfortable in here.

Hardest part? Often you have to run around like a headless chicken trying to do several peoples jobs at once due to being understaffed or the store not getting enough overtime allowance to bring other staff in to help out.

Most enjoyable part of working here? It'll sound corny but the people. The people you serve on a daily basis whether it be delivery drivers or customers they make it seem like it's worth the effort you put in.

Would I recommend you work at tesco? Yes, everyone should work in the customer service sector at least once in their life.
Pros
10% Discount, 7.5% pension contribution and free uniform that actually looks good.
Cons
Will constantly feel like the store is understaffed with how hard you need to work.
Nice, competitive work environment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 August 2018
I found my time at Tesco to be highly enjoyable, though I think they had room for improvement. All employees were on a six month rotating contract that could be refreshed if they went onto a new campaign. Excellent in-house services and quality of staff care, with nice benefits including vouchers, bonuses, and some healthcare plans were awarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K