Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Needs new management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk17 January 2018
This company takes a ‘flexible contract’ to the extreme. They cancel shifts while you are working them, as well as give you a few hours notice that your shift is cancelled- only to reinstate the shift a few hours later. They employ managers straight from school with no life experience and no people skills who obviously do not know how to treat others and have no empathy with anyone who also has a life apart from the workplace.
Pros
Discount schemes after 6 months
Cons
Flexible temporary contract
Department
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire16 January 2018
I loved my job role, I constantly got to meet new people on a daily basis,
I learnt I was a lot stronger than I thought especially when it came to harder decisions.
The hardest part was my lack of support from my own manager.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of support
excellent work environment
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  macclesfield, united kingdom14 January 2018
was able to be very multiskilled in different roles and it was a very happy environment lots of opportunities to develop knowledge and put into practise
Pros
being with many different people throughout the day
Cons
long hours sometimes
Dirty, rude, dangerous and threatening workplace
Customer Service Assistant Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Winnall14 January 2018
Threatened to be thrown out of the window, sworn at, the people there are drunk, on drugs, dangerous rollers, dirty toilets, long queues, zero hours, since 2012, contracting out Opticians and Cafe.
Pros
Cons
Part Time
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey13 January 2018
There is always something to do to make the shop better for the customers. There is always something new to learn which furthers development for yourself.
It's tesco
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Bar Hill13 January 2018
Though it was far from the worst place I have ever worked the general way the company treats it staff with regards to sickness and booking holiday was terrible during my time there.
I enjoyed working at Tesco and would love to do so permanently.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster DY1112 January 2018
I enjoyed working at Tesco but at the time it was a struggle, being a single parent my Son was 12 yrs old and found it difficult to do the night shift and juggle being awake for day to day living. i.e: School.
Now it is no longer a problem because he is nearly 19yrs old.
Pros
Permanent Hours
Cons
The constant change in Managment.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 January 2018
Every day at work was fun made that way by the management and the team within I worked in. I learned a lot about the department I worked in, and the workplace was always positive.
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
It was my first job and it was only for an experience and it really helped me understand the workplace how it works. Was it really worth it??
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Learning center
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex9 January 2018
Love my job at Tesco! Receive a lot of support from my team and my manager. Very easy to learn the job and enjoy helping customers. Very secure job and possible to further the career if wanted.
Pros
Staff discount, great support, high pay
Career
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2018
Hi I worked for Tesco looking for new careers and tasks in life. I enjoyed working but looking for new challenges in life. New year new job and careers.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Less pay
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 January 2018
There is a good balance of fun and corporate behaviours its a varied place to work with some excellent colleagues in all departments. benefits are normal when compared to other supermarkets.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Callington, Cornwall5 January 2018
Good company to work for, they provide assistance in personal life as well as helping in work life. The pay in Tesco is very good for the roles you do. All training and uniform is provided from the boots to the waterproofs that are needed for outdoor staff
sales assistant
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames4 January 2018
working at tesco was a good job, it was one of my first jobs i ever had i learned a rather lot how to speak to customers ( customer service) and also time management.
Great Time
Customer Service Advisor (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Skegness4 January 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Tesco, the team were great with me while I was there and made sure I could do the job I needed to completed before they left me on my own
It’s a job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales2 January 2018
Just another employee number. The 10% discount is nice but need to work there for 6 months first. The people you work on the shop floor with are lovely but managers can be difficult.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penistone, South Yorkshire2 January 2018
Put a lot into my job at Tesco with very little in return... would not recommend working for Tesco to anyone..................................................
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 January 2018
I loved working for the company and the location I worked at was perfect for the time, the staff were friendly I switched roles all the time some days I’d be stacking shelves and be on the tills other days I’d be helping security with shop lifters never a dull moment
Customer service assistant
Customer Service Assistant: checkouts (Former Employee) –  Sheffield31 December 2017
Part time: Monday and Saturday. Really enjoyed it. Hard to get holidays as there to many people on one department. But it depends on the store your in. I was in a superstore. If your in educations, it's good for part as you could save up.
Pros
10 percent disocunts
Cons
hours could vary.
Busy Enviroment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire29 December 2017
A busy workplace within a friendly environment. A typical day at Tesco includes dealing with customers and their needs and helping them the best way you can. Management are fair, firm and friendly they support you the best way they can do so.
Pros
A large amount of overtime
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.