Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

A good company to work with
Price integrity customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Tesco Extra, Salford13 October 2018
Worked as a team member in the price integrity team, a typical
day job starts with monitoring any pending jobs and solving it.Then continue with the current targets which involves any price changes in the product lines, changing to new labels and promotions.I have learned the culture of different customers to whom i met with, also helped me to work as a team member, also helped me to transfer my skills in the area that i involved.The management was very helpful to me throughout my career in the company, the are very friendly
Fun work place you can work your way up in
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham10 October 2018
Great place to work for! Can’t say much about it other than it being a great convenient place to work for full of happy hard working people. A great place to work your way up in also!
Pros
Everything other than given con is great
Cons
Expect overtime a lot if you’re part time
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  York10 October 2018
They are a good company to work for. I'm lucky enough to have friendly colleagues and there are some really helpful managers. There is a good mix of customers.
Good Part Time Work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow10 October 2018
Working at Tescos provided me with a good oppurtunity to gain experience in part-time work as a first job.

Hourly rate was competitive and the hours were fair.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Inconsistent management
great
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton9 October 2018
i worked on the newspaper department i was trained in other areas and also has the opportunity to do over time. great team work. i took deliveries and managed my department
Pros
team work
Cons
fitting round family life
Excellent
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich7 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at tesco. The staff and management are so understanding and when I needed time off for personal circumstances they were very accommodating.
Educational workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ollerton6 October 2018
Much to learn within the environment, new people new unfamiliar tasks. A mixture of supportive staff and ones who’s main goal is hierarchical climbing.
Pros
Money
Cons
Some staff members
Simple work with nice colleagues
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth City Centre, Devon4 October 2018
Tesco were kind to me, just like the people that work there. They taught me many skills like handling money, shelf stacking, proxy sales, cleaning up spills, customer service and treating customers kindly and with respect.

The work was simple and if you are under pressure the colleagues and team leaders would help each other with their work load, which is nice. The best part of the job would probably be everyone getting along and being able to have fun as you get work done.

But the work/social life balance was hard to cope with working evenings on the weekends all the time. Never getting quality time with family and friends, which I value very much. It would of been much more enjoyable if there were a rotation for the weekend shifts for everyone.
Pros
Discount Card, Kind Colleagues
Cons
Evening Weekend Work
Easygoing but boring
Seasonal Customer Assistant & Stock (Former Employee) –  Aldershot3 October 2018
Decent pay, don't feel like management see you as an individual though. Feelings weren't considered always, but overall quite an easygoing job. low stress.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire3 October 2018
They were really good with helping work around my daughters needs for childcare. I had the opportunity to choose which days a week I would like to work to help with that.
Very Productive
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llanelli1 October 2018
Tesco has provided me with multiple skills concerning situational judgement, critical thinking and communication. Each unique situation challenges you and requires you to come to a resolve, in a polite and friendly manner whilst working as a team and achieving superb customer assistance.
Pros
Staff Promotions, Staff Christmas Partys
Cons
Sometimes the job can become very demanding and stressful. But I suppose all can
worthwhile role in the store.
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattersley, Greater Manchester30 September 2018
The role was satisfactory and there was always overtime going. The store was well kept and the staff worked well as a team. I enjoyed my time there particularly working morning shifts while it was quiet.
fun place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire28 September 2018
friendly
good work atmasphere
good rewards
team work
good breaks
dealin with difficult cousins
not bein taken off for breaks on time
happy atmosphere.
Pros
discount
Cons
working weekends
Brilliant company to work for
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exmouth28 September 2018
Fantastic company to work for. Good staff and very flexible. After working for this company for 9 years I can say that I have enjoyed it whole heartedly
Perfect for students or people looking for part-time work.
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitstable26 September 2018
This work is perfect for people looking for part-time work as they will work shifts around your day to day schedule allowing you to have a good work life balance. This is ideal for students as you can fit work around your study schedule allowing you to earn money whilst still studying for your course.
Was often left with nothing to do
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheerness26 September 2018
Working as a part of the non-food department i was often left with nothing to do. Often there would be no stock that needed to be put on the shelf, there were no other team members near me to talk to, so i often found myself just counting down the hours.
Fleco contracts
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  England25 September 2018
Started as a temp then moved store and became “permanent” I use the quote marks because if you are on a “flexi contract” it’s only flexible for Tesco and not you. And even if you are permanent you constantly get threatened with a disciplinary and or the sack if you refuse a shift. Many times I thought I would be on a day off only to be brought in on 24 hours notice. Couldn’t plan anything ever, was constantly brought in for times outside my availability and told if I didn’t do it I’d be disciplined. So glad I left and I won’t go back.
Pros
Money, pension
Cons
Hours, flexi contacts.
Good team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Dunmow24 September 2018
Good working team, everyone is like a big family. Work load is pretty much the same day to day. Learn to be thick skinned very quickly in working with the public.
Flexible workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde24 September 2018
Throughout my time at Tesco they have bent over backwards to ensure that my studies are not hindered by my work life. The flexibility exhibited by them, not only in ensuring my contracted hours were suitable but also that overtime was available to take, was excellent.
Pros
Felxibility, discount card
Cons
Reduction in staffing
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Helston23 September 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Tesco due to the job role, a customer assistant in the Dairy section, and I enjoy the interaction between colleague and customers.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Certain managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K