Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

great place and people to work with
Customer Assistant -Non Food (Current Employee) –  Hookwood, Surrey20 July 2018
I really enjoy working with my team at Tesco, and helping customers when they require help. I take pride in my work and it always feels good when this is acknowledged
Secure stable place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset17 July 2018
i greatly enjoyed working for tesco for two years i learnt alot and with each shift i was able to complete my job to a higher quality. it was a lot of fun but also hardwork
Great colleagues-Awful management.
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea16 July 2018
Tesco is a good company to work for, the work itself is fairly straight forward, the pay is just above NMW. What consistently lets them down is the management from team leader to store manager. Individuals promoted beyond their abilities with no idea how to do the basic administration of managing a store, this in turn leads to frantic last minute phone calls to cover shifts, shops running on skeleton staff, frequent late or incorrect pay, which then takes a month to sort out. Tesco also promotes a snitching culture which I have witnessed firsthand, staff cliques taking out their frustrations by ringing the report helpline. The customer assistants are fantastic people it just seems the management are quick to climb the ladder and then pull it up after them if you show any degree of ingenuity. To conclude Its a job.....which I am still in ironically.
Pros
Secure, Above NMW, Flexible
Cons
Terrible management, Frequent pay issues
Good company to work for
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham16 July 2018
Great Company to work for. Staff are great. Management is okay. There’s lots of overtime available. They always try to get you to work on days you don’t want to, Specially your days off.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Repetitive work
Tesco
(Current) Customer Assistant (Dot Com) (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire13 July 2018
the company is a joke. they don't care for the staff, only the managers. it's so corrupted. i would not recommend to anyone they lie, just to get you to stay, make promises and yet don't hold them!

AVOID.
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant Stock Control (Current Employee) –  Orpington12 July 2018
Tesco is a great place to work with many flexible hours. A typical day consists of filling shelves, checking sell by dates and cleaning messy areas. I have learned how to manage my time better through different tasks.
productive and pays for bills
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 July 2018
The jobs is hands on and can at times become extremely difficult to do. the pay is average and future prospects are not easy to come across. Management is different from store to store. You may find nice managers and other times not so nice, who can make it unfriendly to work for.
Friendly workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London11 July 2018
Management are awful, never around when needed and don't help with any problems. Customer assistants are very friendly, lovely to work around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people and gaining skills that taught me a lot. The hardest part of the job was the pressure management put on you.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Late shifts
fun work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altrincham10 July 2018
a typical day at work was mostly busy

i learnt different jobs like general shelves stacking to warehouse work

the workplace culture was ok mostly positive from the staff

hardest part of the job was lack of staff with bigger workloads

most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and helping new an regular customers
Pros
good breaks so we wasn't working more than two hour at a time
Cons
working nights and lack of staff
one of the best work place i have ever worked in europe
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heather green , Sydenham10 July 2018
I have learnt lots of thing from the Tesco . Our staff was made by different country's people .we are always working as team, culture of the work shop will be brilliant . It is very peace full environment at any time . I don,t have any hardest part of that career . i really enjoy it
hard but fun at times
Customer Assistant - Nights (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk9 July 2018
I worked nights which i found hard at times but only due to change in sleep pattern the work was not easy at times but as i say you have to adjust to the change, you have cages that you pull out from the warehouse to the ilea your working on and then fill the shelf's ready for customers. I really liked the management on nights i got on quit well with them all they are understanding and helpful. the hardest part of the job was tiredness. best part of the job was the colleges i worked with they were grate.
Pros
lots of brakes
Cons
long hoursd
productive workplace
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tesco helping around the store and shelving items. I did multiple roles whilst my time at Tesco such as working within the bakery and customer assistance.
Pros
good environment
Brilliant staff
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberystwyth6 July 2018
I absolutely loved working with the store in Aberystwyth. The staff turnover, however, was frustratingly high and there was a disparity between the quality of managers - One manager we loved, another we knew would have us working late into the night as she was not fantastic at time management. The benefits and potential for advancement and multi-skilling makes this a fantastic workplace, however.
Good overtime.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Glasgow, Inverclyde5 July 2018
Great overtime opportunities, good opportunity for advancement. Friendly and supportive staff. Excellent pay, especially in regards to night shift work. Would very much recomment.
Productive Workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 July 2018
Always doing something productive and working towards serving Britain's shoppers a little better each day. Great friendly colleagues and always have a laugh
Pros
Flexible Part time work
Cons
Sometimes over worked
Fun and Fast
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Waterlooville5 July 2018
Working at Tesco is fun and fast paced. It involved carrying out all the tasks that you would expect from a customer assistant to carry out and would differ each day depending on the task and colleagues you worked with at the time.
I like working here.
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  South Wales4 July 2018
I have worked for Tesco for a couple of years - I must say with all the up and downs I still enjoy it here. It is very demanding and fast paced at times and I have had to wonder if it’s worth it.

But I must say I am lucky to work with an amazing team of people. Which helps massively.
Pros
Salary is good, perks are good.
Cons
Low hour contacts, and this new flexi hrs isn’t ideal for people with small children etc.
Fun and Busy Workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dorridge4 July 2018
Tesco is a great place to work no matter your age or experience. There is always something to do and it never gets boring. Helping customers makes it a really rewarding job as well!
Pros
Good areas in which to spend break periods.
Inclusive and relaxed work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 July 2018
Good sense of community
Lots of benefits
Friendly management
Good work ethic among staff
Good morale
Flexible hours
Good relationship with customers
Excellent customer service
A great company for students
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Talbot4 July 2018
Tesco provided me with a steady income during my time as a student.
They were able to transfer me between stores during term times, this was very useful!
The pay was better than most other part-time employers in my area, and the 10% discount was very much appreciated.

Admin was slow however, at least in the stores I attended. I constantly found myself pushing management to get important tasks, like student transfers, completed.
On the odd occasion pay was a little under, only because the work rota system is outdated and any over time or changes to shift patterns were not always recorded.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly staff, Very accommodating to individual needs.
Cons
Slow admin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K