Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Terrible
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde20 January 2018
Been working there for 4 years, absolutely worse place to work management is a joke no working hours. Instead of giving a part timer more hours they'll hire another person for a 7 hour contract
Productive, great management, friendly and fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham20 January 2018
Tesco's was a great, well managed and friendly environment, i enjoyed every second. Tesco's helped me develop many of my personal skills from: communication, working under pressure and especially working as a team to satisfy and portray a positive attitude towards customers. The management was excellent and was really supportive. The hardest part about the job was the long hard working hours you had to put in however despite that the most enjoyable part about it was the positive working environment and helping customers with their needs. The management was outstanding and very supportive.
Pros
Staff Discount, Flexible, Reliable
Unsuitable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverurie, Aberdeenshire19 January 2018
Bad management meant lack of communication across the whole store and bullying and inappropriate comments towards staff from higher management was not uncommon
Can be fun and productive but on rare occasions
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire18 January 2018
I’ve been working at Tesco for the past 3 years and I don’t really enjoy it anymore. Mainly because of the management and how they run the place and have a minimum lack in their staff
Pros
Extra money on sundays
Cons
Long hours, gets boring
Hands on
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley17 January 2018
Faced paced environment with a lot of management staff on your case after you've settled in, trying to get you up to your set targets and store targets
Productive and fun
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland17 January 2018
I enjoy working in Tesco it allows me to meet all walks of life and also I've got to meet and work with great colleagues. The salary is also great especially for a student like myself.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable work enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent17 January 2018
I found the well known super market chain in Kent a friendly and enjoyable place to work,
A typical day at work would be, see the team leader and be given the task's for the day, [ tille's ect ] chang over with member of staff, and serving customers. Team leaders where very helpfull, when needed.
the hardest part of the job was when it's exceptionaly busy and keeping customers happy when the queues are building up.
The best part was interacting with customers, and working along side great collegues.
Pros
Staff discount's, company shares
Cons
Sometimes limited hours
Tesco
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley17 January 2018
The people are mostly friendly and helpful. There is opportunity for advancement if you wish to work your way up. The pay is good for the retail sector. Not enough staff on shop floor though.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Some customers are unpleasant
No support
Customer Assistant Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 January 2018
Felt forced out of company thru my disability was not offered any help or support was told they could not see the problem with me sitting at a til for 4 hours a day with fibromylagia
fun
Butcher/customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset16 January 2018
i had so much fun at Tesco and learnt a lot about working in a team and being a team player and how to work as a team and working on my own as a team yes
Sales Counter
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead16 January 2018
the job was really good , good hours and good pay was a fun work space to be around but I the fell pregnant and went onto maternity leave and did not go back but overall was a really good job.
Good but job security is an issue
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
Tesco is a good place to work but it feels as though you are easy to remove, due to management just renewing your contract as temporary. Therefore your job is not permanent, and the managers can just choose to terminate your role. Good pay, however very tiring due to lifting very bottles, especially if filling drinks aisles and pet items. Good staff members, good chemistry with all shop floor workers.
A Great Place To Work
Tesco Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wadebridge15 January 2018
I have worked for Tesco for over 10 years.I work on the Front End of the Store on the Checkouts and Self-Service.I spend my time talking and helping people both young and old and people who are able and some disabled.I pack there shopping for them and give them all the help and time they need.I am excellent at defusing certain situations and making people feel secure and confident without rushing them.I believe in being honest and reliable and nothing makes me happier than making sure people have had a positive shopping experience.We are a very friendly store and we have a lot of fun and banter with customers and this brings them back again every time.I'm also very friendly and I'm always willing to stop what I'm doing to help a new member of staff who maybe getting upset.
Pros
Great Rewards i.e double discount, coupons, bonus's and shares
Cons
the job can be very slow when it's not busy and sometimes customers can get a bit nasty.
the customers were great but lack of hours
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  deli counter15 January 2018
Either open or close meat and fish counter ,take and sort delivery, reduce stock as needed, serve and assist customers on their needs and sugest new products .
Learned all about meat and fish stock and preperation.
The hardest part of the job was opening and closing two counters alone.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers both regular ones and new ones
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
short hours
Amazing
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 January 2018
Never did I ever have a problem with working for tesco managers are always there to help you, would go back in a heart beat, good benefits and pension
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Na
Pretty much what you would assume
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheam13 January 2018
It's working in a supermarket. If you've done any shelf stocking or til serving job before you will know what it's like. If you haven't then all I can suggest is try it out and move on if it doesn't agree with you.

It was an OK place to work but that was nearly a decade ago from writing this so things could have changed.
Unpleasant few months.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 January 2018
Managers misinformed or misled me regarding a transfer (my line managers were otherwise decent and likeable, the store manager was not).

Worked on a department I hated and would absolutely not recommend (the Backdoor) - it was cold, dirty, smelly, exhausting and the work was dull and repetitive.

Most staff were lazy and unconscientious and made my work so much more difficult, although a few others were helpful and friendly.

Store manager was an egotistical control freak who couldn't accept criticism or that anyone else might have feelings or opinions different from her own.
Pros
Hours were 'social life' friendly
Cons
Everything else.
Productive workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers, making them feel welcome and seeing how you can make their day just by being helpful and positive. I have learned that your approach and tone of voice when dealing with a customer is very important as this can determine how they react to the positive or negative news about an item they were looking for.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
productive and a happy place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth12 January 2018
tesco is a fantastic company to work for i have learned so much in the seven years being there, the hardest part is making customers happy because sometimes they can be awkward and u just cant please them, the most enjoyable the job is the staff there polite helpful when needed.
Hated it
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 January 2018
Managers not committed to staff but to scan rates. You receive no support in your day to day job. They give all the over time to the new people because they are cheaper to pay
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.