Tesco Employee Reviews for Assistant

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 12,805 reviews
Good workplace
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shropshire6 December 2018
Good workplace, many opportunities to take advantage of once you are working at one of the stores. Supportive management, on site parking, goo staff room and canteen
Great benefits for workers
Clothing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire25 November 2018
Tesco is a good company to work for and there is always a lot to be involved in, however some miscommunication between management and employees occurs too often. In my particular branch, customers can often be rude for no reason, you can help them as much as is possible and they still seem un-greatful for your hard work.
Pros
colleague booklet and discount after 6 monthd
Cons
long hours, miscommunication between management and staff
Tesco Express
Cash Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dagenham3 November 2018
Working in a Tesco express is seriously hard work, they have small teams and you run around from the start of your shift to the end. There is no rest you are lucky to get your half hour break on a shift sometimes. I like the fast pace but some people do not.
Pros
shifts go fast as you are busy
Cons
unrealistic goals to meet with such small teams
Fun place to work with great rates of pay and many job titles
Dot Com Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 October 2018
Tesco Works well around family commitements. The company is a good place to work and provide good benefits and provide a good pension scheme
Tesco have been great for me as they push you to progress
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Non
Work life
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, North Yorkshire11 September 2018
A nice place to work great with helping people who have a young family. Lots of jobs available but tend to be flexible contracts. Sometimes help you to progress.
Pros
Cash bonus
Productive and work place fun
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton7 September 2018
Like to get transfer from London, working as a Team Support in check out. Worked as all the departments such as
Cash office, customer service, Produce, dairy, grocery, non food.
Cons
Can do long hours
dot com
Dot Com Assistant (Current Employee) –  workington5 September 2018
hard work and no support. always under pressure. some good people in there the. picking is not bad can be difficult to hit rate when shops full of customers
Working nights
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire24 August 2018
I mainly worked nights at Tesco. The work itself was fine, however there was never nearly enough work to cover my hours, so i always ended up getting put on something else which I was not trained for. Management aren't great; it takes asking about 4 managers on multiple occasions to get the simplest of things done - some things that are in fact, some of there main job roles. Most of the staff are friendly, however there is not a great deal of opportunity to build friendships with colleagues.
Good place to work and friendly staff
Clothing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York22 August 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff and was able to have a laugh at work in between jobs. I also enjoyed the work and I gained organisation skills which have helped me in other jobs
My first part time job
Shoppig Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire25 July 2018
I had good overall experience at Tesco, it was quite a demanding and high pressure part time job but it was enjoyable. I got on with everyone well and the pay is very good at Tesco.
good friendly
Cchekout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh4 July 2018
Tesco is a nice a friendly palce to work with loads of helpful staff , good pay ,d ecent horus and very very very flexible in helping out with you and any needs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lunch
Not recommended
Colleague Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falkirk27 June 2018
A typical day at Tesco would involve lots of work to be done with very little staff. Managers would force overtime on you and would threaten to take action if you keep turning it down. During my time at Tesco I learned that life was too short. I got made redundant as I was nightshift and wasn't needed anymore. Tesco would be a great place to work if the management was thinking about the health and wellbeing of staff and not forcing overtime just so they can fill the blanks.
Pros
Pay is not so bad
Cons
Too much forced overtime
It was a fun environment to work in
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warfield, Berkshire27 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time in tesco it was a really fun environment to work in. I learnt a lot and developed several skills that are going to be very helpful to me in the future.
Fun workplace
CUSTUMER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Haslemere, Surrey25 May 2018
The workplace is serious but they still make sure that there employees are well and happy and still have fun at work. Mangers are in-charge but they still treat you as equal.
Slowly going downhill
Price Integrity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenock25 May 2018
Tesco’s used to be a great place to work however it’s becoming unpredictable around redundancies, manager restructuring. Constant ideal scheduling (needs of the business) are never correct which results in checkouts constantly looking for relief cashiers. I’ve met some great people in my time here that I won’t forget however I feel like the companies slowly going downhill.
Pros
Meeting great people staff/customers, staff discount (10%) good work within community
Cons
Some rude customers, lazy management, unpredictability
nice enviroment
Price Integrity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshunt2 May 2018
I love the company.I want to leave just to go and study.Nice environment,great and supportive colleagues.Very good management team.I never felt stressed .
Mundane work at mundane salary
Dot. Com Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dumfries30 April 2018
Good natured work colleagues and easy skill level but lack of variation in the workload means you get bored easily. Most of the jobs you are left to get on with it and are not monitored but the ones where you are monitored are examined to a really high level.
Pros
Discounted staff canteen, 10% staff discount card after 6 months
Cons
refuse to issue full time contracts to new staff. boring work.
very productive
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paignton, Devon17 April 2018
i really enjoyed my job as Price Itegrity person, it was a responsible roll ensuring the store was running legally. After working with the company for 14 years i can only say how dissapointed i was when they announced the closing of the store and re-opening as an Express which is a smaller store. My job title no longer excisted, and after working full time hours the new smaller store hours were only part time, 15 of us that worked full time were made redundant. My plans for finishing my full time hours and going down to part time was taken away from me and basically thrown in the bin. Ive only got just over three years of my working life left to do officially.
Pros
free tea and coffee, toast and fruit.
Cons
early starts \ 4.45am daily.
Good career options
cusotmer assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 April 2018
Delivering quality Customer service to UK shoppers. Working for a major retailer within the retail sector, which provides a broad knowledge of the industry and allows colleagues to progress through management and apprenticeship schemes.
Productable and fun place to work, Very good management support
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandhurst23 March 2018
I loved working for Tesco and learned a lot about customer care, support skills in practice, workplace team culture. Supportive Managers and colleagues.
Pros
Staff support
Cons
None for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K