Tesco Employee Reviews for Assistant

Productive and work place fun
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton7 September 2018
Like to get transfer from London, working as a Team Support in check out. Worked as all the departments such as
Cash office, customer service, Produce, dairy, grocery, non food.
Cons
Can do long hours
Nasty Management
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire17 December 2017
From the very moment you start, they throw you into the deep end without any training. I had been working there for a year before I had any training. However, the job itself is pretty decent. Colleagues are colourful, good pay, union availability, colleague discount, exclusive offers, nearly always get a break and it doesn't require much prior experience.

Though beware of the management, while some of the managers are angels the others are absolute monsters that wouldn't blink an eye at throwing someone under. They're the kind of employers that make pregnant women work, students skip out on course work, people straight from surgery work and even grieving people from loss of immediate family work (despite giving notice and entitled to annual leave). All while saying they're being compassionate and understand.

While working here I've seen even the strongest of characters be reduced to tears by their harsh words. Worst part is, they get away with whatever they want. But that is the worst of it. If you're a good and hard worker that keeps their head down, then you haven't much to worry about.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management
Repetitive
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenhill4 December 2017
I enjoyed working here until the change of management.The bonuses only came through if working after a year, and I believe it should be available for anyone that works hard. The salary was the same if you were slacking or worked hard, while sometimes I worked harder than others we were paid the same. I didn't like the fact that there weren't any OTE.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management not so good
Fun and inclusive ethos
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 December 2017
i spent my work experience here and overall although the work was demanding i had a good time. Working at the company sometimes felt mundane and repetative.
Pros
Free coffe
Cons
Laborious tasks
Excellent
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 December 2017
I found working with Tesco an amazing experience and it helped me grow as a person and I was treated like a team member instead of just another employee the hours were great and so was the pay.
Pros
free food drinks
Cons
none I can think of
Good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shaftesbury, Dorset22 November 2017
Good excellent. Grate benefits. Lovely people and a nice atmosphere to work in. Flexible hours which is good and they are very flexible when needing to adjust hours.
Great
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancashire30 October 2017
I have been at Tesco for a few months and they leave you to it. I have managers rather than supervisors which is better. Work early mornings so sometimes we just left to do the jobs we are expected to do. You are actually treated like a decent human being and an adult. Only probably be disciplined if you were rude to customers and slacking.

Good pay for unsocial hours too. Extra for work before 6am and Sunday supplement.
Pros
Great feeling of being treated like a human
Cons
Tired as work early
good team work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London8 August 2017
Is a good company o work for always growing always expanding from picking deliveries to shelf filling it ticks all the right boxes and you can work towards a team leader
Pros
discount
Cons
flexi contracts
fun place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London20 July 2017
Got to meet new friends. I've learned life skills e.g. a better understanding on how to talk to customers and how to approach them. This has also helped my time management.
Fun Workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear26 June 2017
Loved my time at Tesco met some great people and made some good friends only worked here for a short time whilst was in college but had a great experience.
work experience
assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear5 May 2017
Busy work environment where you are challenged to complete the work given in the hours that you do. Help to provide organisation in your work load so that you have a high standard.
productive and fun work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 April 2017
it was a great experience for me because i have learnt a lot and i am able to help the elderly more. the management is good and everyone their are really helpful and understanding. the hardest part of the job is working long hours and dealing with customers who do not speak English. the enjoyable part of the job was to gain experience and help others
Pros
extra payment
Somewhat enjoyable
assistant (Current Employee) –  Saxmundham, Suffolk7 April 2017
Each day is more or less the same, once you get into a good routine you find day to day work becomes easier. The management and staff are pleasant to work with and you can often have a good laugh at work. Sometimes challenges arrive from helping customers or managing space when tipping a lorry.
Pros
Free tea
keeps you busy
assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire7 March 2017
good company to work for if you like to keep busy. unfortunately they are making a lot of their staff redundant. easy to progress. plenty of overtime, good pay. generous discounts e.g. 10% off Tesco and some other companies.
Pros
large varity of jobs
Cons
not secure
left on my own sometimes
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire25 February 2017
Where I worked I sometimes got left to serve customers on my own. But when I had a superior with me certain ones only helped when I asked and as a trainee found this appalling! There also seems to be a certain culture going on with long term employees having a certain click! Although some are quite friendly including ONE particular manager. On my first week I noticed that some employees were very miserable and overheard quite a few moaning about other staff and managers. So felt it was a non starter from the off!
Pros
cheap food in canteen
Cons
What more can I say!
Fun place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Angus25 January 2017
Tesco is a very good place to work because everyone you meet is always smiling and they welcome you with open arms. My job is quite simple all i need to do is seperate the new stock from the cages and then restock the stock onto the shelfs for customers to buy.
Great place of work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shoreham, East Sussex25 January 2017
It's a fun place to work. The people are great and the customer you deal with are, for the most part, cheerful and uderstanding. The hours are long and sometimes it drags but if you are enjoying yourself, you don't seem to notice
Pros
People
Job satisfaction
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrhead, East Renfrewshire21 January 2017
I used to get alot of satisfaction and worked well pn my own and as part of a team, due to the competition in the retail market now they have cut back on staff and employees are now expected to do the work of 2 people
Pros
Benefit package
fun work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purley, Greater London30 November 2016
loved working there a great place to be in lovely staff, interesting days. good pay and you are treated fairly. the management team are wonderful to be around.
Standard Job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockworth8 November 2016
Work meat & replenish shelves
Go to checkouts if needed
Management are not the best, leave the work to colleagues even when we are short
hardest part of the job is trying to work all the stock on busy trading days
most enjoyable part is the people i work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K