Tesco Employee Reviews in Manchester

Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 January 2018
Tesco is a fun, great and flexible place to work. Employees and management are all extremely nice and understanding, really good pay and the environment is a nice and happy place to work. Great to start your work experience off here or as a job through or after university. Overall great place to work, bonuses after a year, friendly environment and good workload.
Pros
Good pay and breaks, reasonable discount
Cons
Busy over Christmas Period
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 December 2017
The only downside is that there are not many opportunities to progress and they can not differ between someone has a degree and someone hasn't. So I believe they give more opportunities to people who wants to progress in the company and support those people.
Pros
Cons
Not many opportunities to progress
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
amazing place to work. always motivated. i learnt how to be more smart and productive. the job requires patience and this was what attracted to the job
productive and i highly recommend it.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 November 2017
i learned many new transferable skills and also enhanced the ones i already owned. Building customer relationship was the best part of the job. working under pressure and managing things to be completed on time was a challenge i could take very well.
great place of work
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
learned many new skills Tesco support you in all knowledge, great network of friend ships, day to day was checking stock and calculating how much new stock would be needed to be reordered in store.
Pros
discount
Cons
early hours of work
Tesci i'd recommend
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 October 2017
it was good and i really enjoyed it a lot. the experience with the customers and other employees was really good. They have good work ethics and i'm glad i worked there.
Pros
good lunch hours, good pay and friendly people
productive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 September 2017
on a typical day i was serving and greeting customers once they arrived and left the store. i handled cash and operated the till and kept up to date with the store policy regarding returns, exchanges and payments.
part of my job working at tesco would be replenish merchandise shelves with items from the back room and made sure all merchandise was in its proper place faced up.
Tesco
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 September 2017
I was a cashier at tesco. I often found that it can be quite boring however the wage is amazing for someone of my age. I was on 6£ odd an hr at the age of 16. The wage raisies after 6 month employment, after a year you will recieve a bonus. The wage constanlty raises. The management team try their best to ensure you maintan a good work and social life balance. You also receive deals and exclusive offers and other benefits with working at tesco.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Weekend work
Poor Company to work for.
Customer Assistant, Merchandiser. (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 September 2017
Really bad company to work for, I've never worked in a place where management laugh at the misery of other staff.Workload was always excessive and bad.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the Company
ok
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 August 2017
fun workplace - staff helped me through and learn different things. Always progression and people loving what they do. Exciting at times when change of plan arrives
Tesco is a fun and relaxed place to work in a great enviroment too
Shop Floor Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 August 2017
Overal as a review working in tesco is a fun amd welcoming experience , its is a great atmosphere with friendly staff and also the customers when workingtheir i enjoyed being a part of the company and being a part of the whole team i loved getting involved and learning something new each day of another staff member. The majority of staff members are well mannered and respectful on a whole as i enjoyed being around them
Pros
The breaks
Cons
not a fun place to work.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 August 2017
repetitive work, can be looked down upon by certain managers. although the majority of my actual managers have been supportive and positive. the general moral of the store i work in is low. I've been to university and my manager was flexible and arranged my shifts around when my lectures were. customers regularly talk down to staff as if they are above them, but i suppose this could happen anywhere.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
managers put unreasonable pressure on staff.
checkout assistant
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 August 2017
worked alongside a small team of people in this role, dealing with cash and credit card transactions. I preformed customer service building rapport with many of the regular customers helping them package their groceries and assisting them with any other needs.
Ok.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester3 August 2017
Standard retail job. Required to work checkouts on busy weekends and weekdays. I liked working for this company. Unique and once in a lifetime customers experienced in ciry centre.
Flexible yet demanding
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2017
Offer flexible working hours but at management level there are expectations to work longer unpaid hours. Management level jobs are become more uncertain due to continuous restructuring.
Great company to work for
Clothing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 August 2017
Love working for Tesco they do a lot for staff everyone is treated equally.
Work with a lovely team of people.
Jobs include warehouse work, working the deliveries, sorting out sales, talking and dealing with customers and much more
Pros
Staff treated fairly
Good Bad Ugly
Instore technician : (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 July 2017
I actually enjoyed working for this company.
I just could not be bothered staying as an agency worker any longer do I left.
It's like s tanker , thinks are slow to happen.
Store manager are positive and appreciate any one who works hard.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Hours : money
Operations Manager
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2017
Retail Operations manager with 10 years experience including HR and training manager and stock loss prevention manager within the same company. I loved my time here and wanted a new challenge in the UAE as my only reason to leave
fast paced workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 June 2017
To work here you have to be prepared to work hard for your money, in some stores there are a lot of cliques. You will succeed if you work well and go home, don't get involved with gossiping.
Pros
10% staff discount after being there 6 months
Cons
long hours including weekends and nights.
Absolutely shocking company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 June 2017
Staff are great pay is standard retail pay management have no communication skills and don't have a clue what there job consists of like to walk around with hands in pockets
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Management is terrible don't have a clue

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.