Tesco Employee Reviews in Manchester

Customer assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tesco Plc Burnage Manchester9 September 2018
Tesco was my first job in manchester I loved it. the staff was friendly, management was so supportive. Although i worked in night which is a bit hard but the wage was so good. Tesco is a big supermarket and give a lot benefits to its employees. I was very much settled in this job but at time got so fed up working in nights.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 September 2018
I enjoy my job i like the challenge the pfs brings i also enjoy the other departments that i can work i love being a team player i like being challenged and am an excellent communicater
Pros
Close to home
its okay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 September 2018
its busy, usually under staffed, management is hard to talk too. work place is okay, hardest part is doing a job for 2 people, the people there are fun and not bad.
Cons
under staffed
hard challenging job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 August 2018
Very time challenging job where you have numerous daily routines that have to be carried out in specific time slots. Made more difficult by constant interruption and sometimes difficult situations. Constant battle with shoplifters who sometimes carry weapons, and security guards who the majority of are useless. And limited staff due to tight payroll. Saying that the job with all its cons will build you to be a stronger individual who will progress to be able to handle all sorts of challenging situations. Your time management and being able to make judgement calls to priorities tasks will come on leaps and bounds. With a good team on shift it will be challenging but you'll be constantly progressing.
Pros
10% discount after 6 months service, challenging
Cons
long shifts, interrupted breaks, short staffed, endless jobs to be carried out
You get a pay-cheque
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 July 2018
Tesco is a large company, but as entry is easy the working culture is harsh. Managers tend to be suspecting and untrsuting. Working in retail is a good way to pay the bills but that's about it.
Fun environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 July 2018
Perfect environment to work in, as your dealing with customers om a daily basis they become part of your family as you can interact with them. The whole atmosphere is perfect and the work carried out is assigned to beforehand.
Pros
friendly
Cons
breaks
Enjoyable
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 July 2018
Working at Tesco is such a great place to have a career as not many companies give a fair pay to young people however Tesco did. Not only this all staff including management are friendly.
Pros
Good pay
Productive and fun workday
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2018
A typical day at work was busy and always on your feet. I learned how to work with customers. I enjoyed working with customers and getting to know new people.
Pros
Working with customers
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 May 2018
I enjoyed working here while at uni however, it was quiet dull and was not very stretching. I was ready for a change and needed to move into a job which provides learning.
Enjoyable
Security Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 May 2018
The roster isn't that good and i had to work on almost all weekends. However it was very productive and i thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Tesco.
Productive, Fun and Fair
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 May 2018
Typical day is easy enough. No major skills required. Just the ability to communicate with the public. The hours are decent and met some great people working there.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 April 2018
I enjoyed working at Tesco as the pay was great and the community was excellent. I worked on checkouts which helped me get used to talking with customers also it helped me manage money.
Pros
Well Paid
Inconsistant employer
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 April 2018
Tesco has great processes but unfortunately these are not used to lead consistently.

There are some brilliant people in the company and If you have a good manager it cant be beaten but a change of manager and everything changes.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No integrity
Team Leader
Chargé d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Angleterre20 April 2018
j'ai travaillé 7 ans dans cet société et c'est une société meilleur pour travailler ou on peut Evaluer et apprendre beaucoup de choses en pratique.
good teaching company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester27 March 2018
they always train people to the highest standards and customer are at the heart of what they do. it would be nice if the head office wasn't so detached from the actual store so new ideas worked without having to adapt then to whats needed
Pros
10% dicount
Fun with collegues
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 March 2018
If you have good friends at work then its a good place to work. Wouldnt recommend working at customer service desk due to the work load though and sometimes it can get a little too much
Stable
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 March 2018
I enjoyed working here because I was fairly treated and the hours were very suitable. It was also very stable and pay was very competitive with other superstores.
Ok place to work
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 March 2018
I worked at 4 different stores over 12years.
It was an ok place to work dot com was tiring as it’s 6am starts till 2pm most days and 5days a week and only contracted to 16hours.
You are expected to work overtime and do more than what you’re paid for.
I would work there again though as the people are lovely (with a few exceptions) and it’s not overall a bad company to work for.
Pros
Discount and friendly staff
Cons
Expected to do overtime all the time
Not bad
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 March 2018
Worked at tesco for 6 years can't really complain to be honest decent hours had the opportunity to advance most management were nice but you would get the odd hitler. Had mental health issues whilst working for tesco had to have time off the management was very helpful with this
Its a great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK28 February 2018
Its a great place to work. One of my favourite jobs ever. I would highly recommend working there. The staff are amazing and management always has your back. There is always ways to progress into management and different departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K