Tesco Employee Reviews in London

Fun work place
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2018
Very good at the stock control and you will get treated very well. except if you are young and can get taken advantage of by the managers you will be ok
Pros
people you work with
Cons
people you work with
good place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london12 September 2018
working night shifts gave me the oppertunity to experience night work, also working here allowed me to experience team work as well as individual work.
Great learning
Retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London29 August 2018
It was great learning from team tesco, more over great culture and learning form them always miss my days with tesco team...

England treated well during my tenure.
Pros
super employee friendly compnay
productivity
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2018
enjoy when i join the company, my deputy management was supportive and within three month was made a team leader. but the annoying part is the more you step up the more you do with the store manager sitting in the office
Pros
customers
Cons
lazy store managers
people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
never stop to amaze me, when you spend time coaching people how far they can reach, getting into their mind is a wonder and it blow me away the greatness that lies within them.
Good to work for
Handelsvertreter (Former Employee) –  London11 August 2018
Quite good company to work for. You can find work and life balance. When I was working there Tesco was giving some goods benefits. Couldn't complain much
Good Company to Work
London, Greater London (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2018
I like to work with this company. I got a fair redundancy but I was happy to work with their management team. They are doing lots of changes inside the management, but rather than giving people redundancy, they could rearrange some jobs so that people will not get jobless.
Pros
10 % staff discount
Cons
flexible hours
Bad Atomosphere at times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
When I first started at Tesco Express, the management team were awful and did not help in running the store. I would be micro managed and they did not have one-to-ones with staff. However, as I progressed I found this was not the case in every store and some managers in Tesco Express are excellent and you can see this in the store and staff.
an easy paced work place
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  London15 July 2018
the day to day life is very much the same, after a while what was once challenging is a mundane version of ground hog day, but it is an income and for what you do, its easy work.
Pros
lots of discounts
Cons
pointlessly long breaks, 9 hour shift with hour and half unpaid yet you have to stay onsite
Hard Workplace
Tesco (Former Employee) –  London14 July 2018
It is hard working however you have the chance to develop new skills as I had to undertake various roles such as customer service, I also had to work under pressure which taught me how to deal with the work-life.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Tiresome
good
Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
it is very good working here I enjoy it there is nothing really. wrong with it hardest part of the job is nothing really because it is very so easy. thank you
productive workplace
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2018
I enjoyed my time at Tesco helping around the store and shelving items. I did multiple roles whilst my time at Tesco such as working within the bakery and customer assistance.
Pros
good environment
tesco
shop assitant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 July 2018
early morning rush people running in and out to grab a breakfast something light not too heavy before going into work, tesco tesco tesco!!! with a smile on my face making the shop ready early first thing first fresh bakery out with a pleasant smell. customers coming in greet them with a smile and direct them to self check out or towards my till. stock taking when the morning rush has quieten down whats been brought and needs stocking hows the bakery side looking now before the lunch rush. had to make sure everything was presented properly a happy customer is a returning customer. my tesco team all for one one for all communication skills is what help me thrive through this job always letting the team know what was needed to be done and how we could help each other.
It’s not a great company but ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2018
I worked for Tesco for over 20 years left from a high senior role
Left to join a competitor wrong move
But still wouldn’t go back to Tesco best times was under terry leahy business was growing times were good
It’s now a penny pinching business that expects you to work for no extra in the end I was doing over 60 hours a week
They talk about work life balance and that’s it no support regional and store managers don’t care they get there bonus
If your looking for a career in Tesco try apple first
Pros
Shares, pay
Cons
Long hours no respect
Good starting job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2018
Good starting job with opportunities to progress

Good job for weekends and for someone who needs to boost confidence and learn how to interact with the public and difficult customers.
Great Experience!
Tesco Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2018
my typical day at work would consist of pressure, fun, and effort. throughout this enjoyable experience I learnt many things such as how to deal with customers in a polite and respectable manner.
Pros
free lunch
Good learning experienece
Senior Business Analyst, Finance Transformation (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 June 2018
It's always been a great opportunity to start my career at such a big company like Tesco especially through the time of massive changes in the business.
Fun Workplace
CCD (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2018
As a driver, you go into work and you are treated by wonderful members of staff . You go in, get your delivery paper work for the shift. Then you're off on the road singing in the van and delivery shopping safely
fun environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
its a very lovely place to work and fun to work with colleagues.
beautiful customers with a cultural device. i have learnt so many things and achieved beautiful things and a place to recommend to people. best place to ever work with.
Pros
lovely people
Cons
standing
Good work environment
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 June 2018
Staff are friendly , managers listened to complaints and toOk necessary action . Good pay at the time and weekends rates even better . Room for career development .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K