Tesco Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Found 116 reviews matching the search See all 12,628 reviews
Customer assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 November 2018
I loved working with Tesco but I was young and left I regret it now, the customers were always so nice and put in a good word for me, I adapted well to working on the tills and also helped working elsewhere.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Angry customers
Be your own boss
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 October 2018
I have worked at Tesco for nearly 4 years as a customer delivery assistant ( dot com driver).

During my time here I have had 2 mangers, 2 team leaders , 2 senior managers and 2 store managers. Every 2/3 years normally there is a new store manager, who then moves managers on and brings in their own team.

I have a good manager to be fair if you need to swap a shift you can or need a holiday you can request it. The manager has 7 days to get back to you regarding a holiday, if you have not heard back union rule is you are automatically granted the holiday.

The job can very hard at times not going to lie. Most of the customers are very friendly and you build up a customer realationship.

For example I have been delivering to a customer who was pregnant at the time now the two children are 3 years old. The customer trusts me and we have a good chat when I deliver.

You do get flats with no lifts and can be over 100kg. However just take your time and if you can’t complete your run just bring back what you can’t do. I have done that in many situations. I don’t work over my time. Not
My fault if the order requires more time.

Now here’s the bad part unfortunately, you can be abused and threatened on the road. I have had a knife pulled on me, and
Had someone threaten me with a baseball bat. We have cameras on the vans however they only record when you harsh break or take a corner fast. So the camera is only there to protect company property.

When I reported I was threatened it was not taken seriously and nothing was done.

Over all once your on the road
  more... your, your own boss. If the many phones you just hang up lol.

Hope this honest review helps.
Pros
10% discount and bonus
Cons
Hard work. Sometimes no support
Good job ruined
Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow30 September 2018
This could be an excellent job, but it's ruined be terrible management and a culture of 'play it by ear to get through today'. If a van breaks down or someone phones in, just split all the deliveries on to others even if it makes every customers delivery late. No back up plan, ever. The more you do the more you get with no thanks. Some guys don't have to work weekends or back shift ever, while others are forced to work every weekend and lots of nights. You risk your life on the road, take responsibility for a 40 grand van, drive in terrible conditions, walk 100 miles a day, lift up to 4 tons a day, get soaked, frozen, climb a thousand stairs every shift, put up with angry customers, go into stinking houses, get petty rules rammed down your throat, no weekends off, constantly bombarded with texts to take overtime at standard pay rate at the last minute and all for the same money as the guy in the air conditioned phone shop texting his pals all day in the same shop.
If you need a short term job, take it but keep looking and don't believe any promise or fairy story they tell you at the start, there is a reason why they are constantly looking for more drivers.
Pros
Better than no job.
Cons
Money, conditions, incompetent management.
Tesco
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 September 2018
I would handle cash, serve customers, pick online orders, show excellent customer service on a day to day basis and general cleaning duties at time to time. I enjoyed working at tesco and the pay was good just looking for a new challenge
Ideal for students
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 September 2018
It was perfect working weekends while i was still at uni. Generally speaking they understood that i needed extra time off during exam season. Its great experience working with the challenges the general public bring and improved my people skills ten fold. My time has taught how to handle difficult customers and situations better.
Pros
Ideal for students
Cons
unpaid breaks
it is a lively place to work for
Customer Assistant Checkouts (Current Employee) –  Glasgow7 September 2018
fun to work for as there is always something needed to be done or customers to be served, i enjoy working in tesco as you make friends with some customers
Safe and secure job in an unsure climate
Team support (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 September 2018
A safe and secure job that works around your life.
Promote an inclusive environment .

Lots of fun at work activities good opportunities to move and progress
average
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 August 2018
you wouldn't know where you would be working I preferred face to face with customers but sometimes in the warehouse or stacking shelves nice place decent canteen.
Enjoyable despite room for improvements
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow10 June 2018
Job was enjoyable dealing with regular customers. Although some did abuse the third floor policy by ordering 100kg +

Managers putting pressure on you to deliver to top floor flats without assistance.

Poorly maintained vehicles and poor attitude towards drivers means the turnover of drivers is always alarmingly high.
Pros
Subsidised Canteen
Cons
Poor HSE, no regard to driver safety
going down hill
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 April 2018
When I first joined Tesco 7 years ago they were a good company to work for, but now the wages are low and the workload is heavy, lots of redundancies being made at all levels.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
too many to mention
management
Stock control team member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 April 2018
management have a lot to be desired. but a safe reliable job and the benefits are good for staff also are very accommodating when it comes to working family life.
Great atmosphere and variety.
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 February 2018
The 24 hour nature of larger supermarkets has led to unsociable hours becoming the norm. Overall, the atmosphere and variety of different tasks kept things fresh and there was great scope for progression assuming you were willing to potentially relocate.
student job
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow7 February 2018
Good to work for as a student as they were flexible with shift patterns to suit university. Helped me grow in confidence and introduce me to a structured working environment.
no moral
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow25 January 2018
There is no moral, little chance to progress. management talk to staff in a disrespectful manor. sad place to work. ive been shouted at, belittled, threatened with disciplinary if i dont work at short notice.
Pros
dicount
Cons
feel like you dont matter
Fast paced work place.
Grocery Assistant (Current Employee) –  knightswood glasgow19 January 2018
During my shifts at this particular place of employment I am always kept busy. Very rarely is it a slow day. Day to day deliveries arrive and the levels of stock we receive keep us busy through the entirety of our shifts. I must stress however the workload is manageable and targets are achievable which is rewarding for working so hard throughout the shift. The hardest part of my job is the occasions when deliveries cannot be completed. This situation arises rarely, for example Christmas stock was a little trickier than a normal every day delivery as the stock levels where so high. The most enjoyable part of my shift is helping customers, as so many are very appreciative of the help we provide. I have over 10 years retail experience and without a doubt the management team in place in this store are fantastic. They are so helpful and approachable with anything you may need. They are so flexible and accommodating to everyone, in my experience they are the most supportive management I personally have ever worked with. In my time here I have gained further knowledge and experience in retail and customer service.
Pros
10% Staff dicount as well as staff vouchers
Cons
Night shifts.
Biggest retailer
Fresh Foods Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 January 2018
As with Sainsburys, very good operation, highly process driven and customer focussed. Too many management layers (at that time anyway) which i believe affected communication/ efficiency at times.
Poor management
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 January 2018
They are terrible mangment team are never around they are rude! They don't give you many hours worked always smelt of fish so if you love fish then perfect for you
Pros
There are no
Cons
Long hours, shocking pay and always dirty
Safety
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 November 2017
I worked in a tesco express and the freezer was overload it was a dangerous place to work and they didn't care expected you to do every department in the shop although you weren't fully trained on it
Pros
Cons
Every thing
What a place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 November 2017
Great managers, great customers, repeated and friendly, learned the value of communicating and establishing a friendly background with customers. Colleagues are amazing and helpful. Hardest part of the job is adhering to age limit policies with offensive customers at times. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customer that are not offensive but humorous...!
Pros
Friendly management
fun and new people
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 October 2017
I like working with new people and finding how stuff worked it really good to work at and help customers and take them to the stuff is and be friendly
Cons
9 to 3

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K