Tesco Employee Reviews in Cardiff

challenging environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Always challenging but very rewarding, from training to daily tasks every situation is handled in a professional and caring way.
Pay is good with fair benefits.
Pros
environment
It was ok
Security (Former Employee) –  Cardiff19 January 2018
Not really a good company to work for.always treat staff like rubbish.no one is happy working there couldn’t wait to leave the company.been a lot happier since I’ve left
Terrible company to work for
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 January 2018
Being a shift leader I can tell you that I dread coming to work. You get paid pennies for what you do, have to do the managers work that they don’t want to do. It’s not rewarding and anyone who says it is is quite frankly lying to themselves. The culture at Tesco is toxic. The hours are a joke, I have no social life. Do yourself a favour and don’t apply
used to be good
Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 January 2018
Tesco used to care about people, now they care about efficiency. You'll probably meet some nice people but I cant say there's a caring culture anymore. They're the sort of company that thinks sending emails counts as engagement.
Amazing
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 January 2018
Never did I ever have a problem with working for tesco managers are always there to help you, would go back in a heart beat, good benefits and pension
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Na
Tesco Head Office
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 January 2018
I have worked at Tesco head office for over 5 years and have gained great people skills while there. I made some great friends while working there, its a shame they are closing.
A great place to work
Employment History Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff12 January 2018
A great place to work with dedicated team players who enjoy banter. The managers offer us support and training to be the best we possible can.

There are a lot of reward schemes
Pros
Bounus
Cons
The office is a bit far out
How Not To Run A Business.
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff11 January 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, but due to mismanagement from top to bottom and repeatedly making the same mistakes, to which the staff have to pay for in wage cuts & redundancies, one to avoid.
Everyone at store level is under so much pressure to achieve more with less, whilst trying to comply with an ever increasing amount of external interference from people with no in store knowledge, making store atmosphere a toxic one for all staff.
Pros
You'll meet some great people.
Cons
No Job security at any level except maybe boardroom.
awful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 January 2018
Management forget to tell you that your shifts have changed and on your day off they will call you saying to come in in the next couple hours or you'll be on a warning, even if you have important plans that day.
Great Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 January 2018
Fast paced customer engagement centre, 25 years service learning all aspects of customer service and people skills. Supportive leaders with opportunity to develop career. Great working relationships built between different areas which are key to delivering great customer service. Recent notice of redundancy caused uncertainty as expected but all levels have worked together to support everyone. Feeling like I am making a difference and helping others gives me great job satisfaction.
Pros
Location, free parking
productive and fun place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 December 2017
start work like a part time. every day was same. started with vacum carpets and finished with cleaning toilets. Worked on my way but when i needed help so everyone have been happy to help me.
It's good for what you're paid.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff13 December 2017
I worked for the company for years and have found that it is a good job for what you are paid and the benefits are great. There can be a lack of communication between managers and sometimes you feel a little neglected, depending on your position.
Pros
Free Lunches from time to time
Cons
Lack of home/work balance/
Fab place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff25 November 2017
I have enjoyed working for Tesco. It is like one big happy family where I have had the opportunity to learn a lot and make many friends.

The job is interesting, never boring and challenging at times.

The management are supportive and encourage you to use your initiative to resolve customer issues even if it means going outside of company process and policy within reason
Pros
Good wage, hours and benefits
My colleagues are great
Customer Service Manager - Social Media (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff21 November 2017
I enjoy the working environment soley due to my colleagues. I hope my next place of employment has better opportunities and an actual structure to Management.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Mundane work
Relaxed work enviroment, maintaining customer focus
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 November 2017
Working on customer in coming call contact across various departments gained wide range of knowledge which prepared me for being a homeworker as then also able to share this knowledge with other members of the team.
Pros
Colleague discount, company pensions scheme option to work from home
Friendly, Team work enviroment
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 October 2017
A busy and active enviroment but also a fun place to work, even after receiving devastating news like redundancy every one still performs and gives excellent customer service.
Draining, stressful
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff17 October 2017
I am a shift leader in Express. I work full time. I only get paid for 7.5 hours a day. Anything over i get nothing!. Breaks are a joke. I am entitled to 1 and a half hours break (unpaid) You cannot have a break whereas you sit down and you are needed on the shop floor. It is a massive joke how we are treated No appreciation from store manager. Expected to work through your break. Have to do everything yourself because staff are lazy. Area manager doesn't care how i feel. They just pass the buck and say to speak to your manager. You know we can't get the chance to take our breaks so pay us for them. We have to wear the horrible blue uniform. We are duty managers on cheap pay and for £1 odd extra than a customer assistant it is not worth it, Workload is too high. We keep getting extra routines to do during our shift making it even more impossible to take a break and work stock aswell. I hate it
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Long hours, stress, low pay for what we do
Good Teamwork
Team Leader - Operations (Former Employee) –  Cardiff28 September 2017
Everyone is equal and corporation. Even the Manager works with the operation staff encouraging them to finish their work on schedule. Salary and benefits and good.
Pros
Good Company to work
Cons
Na
Busy and highly productive workplace.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 September 2017
Every shift would be very busy.

Most of the time spent was dealing with customers, processing transactions on the tills, managing the shop floor and conducting stock management.

Tesco always has a good working environment and I would generally get along with everyone.

Working at Tesco, has also helped me to enhance key transferable skills such as communication, teamwork and interpersonal. This development is highly relevant to my field of study and will be beneficial, with regards to my long - term career development.

The most enjoyable part during my time at Tesco would be dealing with customer enquires, since I loved to help out customers and make sure they had a positive shopping experience.

The hardest part would be during rush hours, when a large number of customers would be present at the store. Often I would have to multi - task, especially if there were minimal task. Still however, I would use this circumstance to my advantage by doing my best to work under pressure, whilst delivering the customer service expected from me.
N/a
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 September 2017
After 10 years and loving my roles, working my way through the business and dedicating my career to Tesco, I am now looking for a new role due to redundancy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.