Tesco Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Brilliant
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 July 2018
I personally loved working for the Tesco call centre , The staff were all lovely , not one person there that was horrible or unhelpful.
Shifts were always indicated clearly and enough notice given, the computers were always to working standard and the canteen there was something else :)
Pros
lovely working environment
Always busy
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 June 2018
Always a busy fast paced working environment which makes it always fun and challenging. Pay was very good as I was only 16 at the time. People are great.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
good
Optical Adviser/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Bridgend9 June 2018
day at work is busy day almost always
learned to work as team
good management
workplace culture is very good
teamwork and interact with lots of customers then learn many things
Pros
staffs are friendly
Cons
It was a really good place to work. Colleagues were friendly.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff22 May 2018
Although working in the complaints department, the colleagues and management made it worth it. I loved working there. Very flexible hours and management tried to help in any way they can.
Pros
staff and management team
Cons
working permanent weekends
very good benefits
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 May 2018
Tesco was a very good place to work but it does have its down sides which is youyr always in work and even when your not in work you always get contacted and management are not to clever either.
Poorly Managed
Customer Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 May 2018
Being almost constantly understaffed result in heavier workload for working staff members, usually a result of poor management. There is a lack of flexibility where holidays are concerned.
family atmosphere
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 April 2018
member of a team of 12 people in our designated work area within a big call centre employing over 1100 staff. good team spirit/family atmosphere. serving customers via telephone over several company departments like clubcard and grocery home shopping. had to be computer literate and a good listener! hardest part of the job? dealing with difficult calls and aggressive customers. most enjoyable? restoring the faith of these customers by delivering excellent customer service.
Pros
free tea and coffee, milk and squash and occasional freebies!
Cons
colleagues not always professional
very busy store
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  culverhouse cross cardiff9 April 2018
enjoyed my time at tesco culverhouse cross, where i learned to be a front end team leader, running front store making sure run properley and had enough staff to run front end , taken manger meetings each day gathering store fiqures for meetings , cashing up at end of day and being there for the customers.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
long hours, working weekends
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 April 2018
Colleagues and team leaders friendly but over worked!! Lied too by higher management about closure of the centre and job security. Forced to take horrible hours when made permanent when was on set hours on medical advice too!
Not a nice place to work
Non Bankable Tender Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 March 2018
Managers think of you only as a number and not as individual people, And do not protect staff from bullying. No thought about how peoples lives will be affected when closing down the head office, and not even knowing what departments they have in one building.
Work life balance
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 March 2018
I have worked for Tesco Express for 6 years now and have enjoyed working with many different people. i feel like the managers that i have worked with do not understand that i have a life outside of Tesco and are constantly pushing you to do overtime which is nice when you want/need it
Toxic and evil
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 February 2018
Tesco’s is a terrible place to work. Managers have their ‘favourites’ who seem to get special treatments. I have been bullied at Tesco’s from both my manager and my colleagues. NO ONE has your back or works as a team. I have been so traumatised that I now suffer panic attacks before going to work and during my working day. It’s got so bad that I’m actually petrified to ask for a store transfer or to ask to hand my notice in. I am made to feel worthless, useless and lazy on a daily basis. Those ‘flexi’ contracts are basically slave labour and unfair.
Pros
Overtime when needed.
Cons
It’s pure evil. Managers and some staff are bullies.
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff22 February 2018
Great place to work, a very pleasant 10 years spent in the Maes Y Coed building, environment of respect working with lovely people. Dealing with colleagues and customers via telephone on a daily basis.
Was enjoyable place with lovely people to serve
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff10 February 2018
The job I did was easy and always enjoyable when talking to the public and helping them if I could most customers only wanted is someone to talk to and kindness and I was always happy to alow them to share their story's and problems if I could help
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Some childish staff members
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff7 February 2018
good place to work and the staff are friendly, the pay is good resulting in time and a half for sunday and bank holidays, would recommend to anyone who is looking for a secure job
Pros
good salary, discount in stores
Cons
long call ques when its busy
Your just a number
Business Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 February 2018
Good to work for, good work life balance, tho you are just a number to the company. No matter how long or how hard you work for them you are just a number and replaced to save the beans.
Pros
Staff
Cons
no job security
Tesco has been a great place to work and I have learnt so much both in store and in head office.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff4 February 2018
My job is handling complaints, addressing all types of queries. I have learned how to handle calls in a professional manner, giving expert help and advice. I am an active listener, able to problem solve working either independently or within a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is when an issue is resolved and the customer is happy.
fun job
Personal Shopper (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Cardiff24 January 2018
highly recommend working here.great pay, great environment and nice hardworking staff. managers do more than they can for there staff on their department.
Customer Service Essential
Service Delivery Executive/ Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 January 2018
Customer service is the main focus. Look after them and Tesco will look after you. Great promotion opportunities for those looking to work hard for it
challenging environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Always challenging but very rewarding, from training to daily tasks every situation is handled in a professional and caring way.
Pay is good with fair benefits.
Pros
environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K