Tesco Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Found 176 reviews matching the search See all 12,420 reviews
Fun workplace shame about the management.
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 October 2018
Fun place to work with great people shame about the management. Poor pay and benefits compared to similar roles in other companies.
Progression is more of who you know and get along with more than having the actual skills required for the role.
Good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff16 September 2018
I think tesco is good to work for, the money is really fair and good hours. I met alot of new people and the staff were kind to me. I had many different options.
Pros
Money
Cons
tiredness
Always Busy
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 September 2018
within the week I worked at Tesco for my work experience back in 2017 I learnt so much, how to respect others around you whether that was staff or customers, how to operate office equipment etc. I was always busy and it as extremely fun to work there
Pros
always busy
Cons
tiring
Good pay, easy work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 September 2018
Was a good part time work, nice environment and good hours, only wished i asked for more hours because it was a good job. Had to pay for my own lunch but that was fine.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Didn't reach my potential
work
Administrator - Head Office (Former Employee) –  Cardiff4 September 2018
I learned how to use a computer and the knowing of where to look & how to obtain information which was very useful. I enjoyed the buzz as I helped every one in finding various information about colleagues for there work.
Pros
Getting 10% discount of your shoping
not bad
Shift Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 August 2018
good experience, learnt new skills within the job, including managment skills, everyone gets on well as if were a family, work well as a team. hardest part of the job is balancing work life with outside work. most enjoyable part is making new friends, learning new skills and working as a team.
Pros
managment skills
Cons
no lifestyle
Pharmacy
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 August 2018
Very rewarding .great opportunities, great culture and flexible working arrangements. Holidays pension incentive, childcare vouchers, staff discount, good charity and community involvement
Pros
Variety
Cons
Customer expectation
Nice, competitive work environment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 August 2018
I found my time at Tesco to be highly enjoyable, though I think they had room for improvement. All employees were on a six month rotating contract that could be refreshed if they went onto a new campaign. Excellent in-house services and quality of staff care, with nice benefits including vouchers, bonuses, and some healthcare plans were awarded.
Helping out in the pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 July 2018
I enjoyed working in the pharmacy for experience for future job opportunities. The staff are extremely welcoming which boosted my confidence levels even more as if I did not understand something i was not afraid to ask.
Pros
Gained friends
Brilliant
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 July 2018
I personally loved working for the Tesco call centre , The staff were all lovely , not one person there that was horrible or unhelpful.
Shifts were always indicated clearly and enough notice given, the computers were always to working standard and the canteen there was something else :)
Pros
lovely working environment
Great colleagues
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff23 June 2018
I loved working with Tesco being in a team was great and the company was also good as I learnt so much, salary, pension and holidays were good too, it was unfortunately I was made redundant.
Always busy
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 June 2018
Always a busy fast paced working environment which makes it always fun and challenging. Pay was very good as I was only 16 at the time. People are great.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
good
Optical Adviser/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Bridgend9 June 2018
day at work is busy day almost always
learned to work as team
good management
workplace culture is very good
teamwork and interact with lots of customers then learn many things
Pros
staffs are friendly
Cons
It was a really good place to work. Colleagues were friendly.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff22 May 2018
Although working in the complaints department, the colleagues and management made it worth it. I loved working there. Very flexible hours and management tried to help in any way they can.
Pros
staff and management team
Cons
working permanent weekends
very good benefits
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 May 2018
Tesco was a very good place to work but it does have its down sides which is youyr always in work and even when your not in work you always get contacted and management are not to clever either.
Poorly Managed
Customer Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 May 2018
Being almost constantly understaffed result in heavier workload for working staff members, usually a result of poor management. There is a lack of flexibility where holidays are concerned.
family atmosphere
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 April 2018
member of a team of 12 people in our designated work area within a big call centre employing over 1100 staff. good team spirit/family atmosphere. serving customers via telephone over several company departments like clubcard and grocery home shopping. had to be computer literate and a good listener! hardest part of the job? dealing with difficult calls and aggressive customers. most enjoyable? restoring the faith of these customers by delivering excellent customer service.
Pros
free tea and coffee, milk and squash and occasional freebies!
Cons
colleagues not always professional
very busy store
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  culverhouse cross cardiff9 April 2018
enjoyed my time at tesco culverhouse cross, where i learned to be a front end team leader, running front store making sure run properley and had enough staff to run front end , taken manger meetings each day gathering store fiqures for meetings , cashing up at end of day and being there for the customers.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
long hours, working weekends
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 April 2018
Colleagues and team leaders friendly but over worked!! Lied too by higher management about closure of the centre and job security. Forced to take horrible hours when made permanent when was on set hours on medical advice too!
Not a nice place to work
Non Bankable Tender Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 March 2018
Managers think of you only as a number and not as individual people, And do not protect staff from bullying. No thought about how peoples lives will be affected when closing down the head office, and not even knowing what departments they have in one building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K