Tesco Employee Reviews in Cardiff

very busy store
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  culverhouse cross cardiff9 April 2018
enjoyed my time at tesco culverhouse cross, where i learned to be a front end team leader, running front store making sure run properley and had enough staff to run front end , taken manger meetings each day gathering store fiqures for meetings , cashing up at end of day and being there for the customers.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
long hours, working weekends
Call centre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 April 2018
Colleagues and team leaders friendly but over worked!! Lied too by higher management about closure of the centre and job security. Forced to take horrible hours when made permanent when was on set hours on medical advice too!
Not a nice place to work
Non Bankable Tender Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 March 2018
Managers think of you only as a number and not as individual people, And do not protect staff from bullying. No thought about how peoples lives will be affected when closing down the head office, and not even knowing what departments they have in one building.
Toxic and evil
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 February 2018
Tesco’s is a terrible place to work. Managers have their ‘favourites’ who seem to get special treatments. I have been bullied at Tesco’s from both my manager and my colleagues. NO ONE has your back or works as a team. I have been so traumatised that I now suffer panic attacks before going to work and during my working day. It’s got so bad that I’m actually petrified to ask for a store transfer or to ask to hand my notice in. I am made to feel worthless, useless and lazy on a daily basis. Those ‘flexi’ contracts are basically slave labour and unfair.
Pros
Overtime when needed.
Cons
It’s pure evil. Managers and some staff are bullies.
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff22 February 2018
Great place to work, a very pleasant 10 years spent in the Maes Y Coed building, environment of respect working with lovely people. Dealing with colleagues and customers via telephone on a daily basis.
Was enjoyable place with lovely people to serve
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff10 February 2018
The job I did was easy and always enjoyable when talking to the public and helping them if I could most customers only wanted is someone to talk to and kindness and I was always happy to alow them to share their story's and problems if I could help
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Some childish staff members
great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff7 February 2018
good place to work and the staff are friendly, the pay is good resulting in time and a half for sunday and bank holidays, would recommend to anyone who is looking for a secure job
Pros
good salary, discount in stores
Cons
long call ques when its busy
Your just a number
Business Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 February 2018
Good to work for, good work life balance, tho you are just a number to the company. No matter how long or how hard you work for them you are just a number and replaced to save the beans.
Pros
Staff
Cons
no job security
Tesco has been a great place to work and I have learnt so much both in store and in head office.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff4 February 2018
My job is handling complaints, addressing all types of queries. I have learned how to handle calls in a professional manner, giving expert help and advice. I am an active listener, able to problem solve working either independently or within a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is when an issue is resolved and the customer is happy.
fun job
Personal Shopper (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Cardiff24 January 2018
highly recommend working here.great pay, great environment and nice hardworking staff. managers do more than they can for there staff on their department.
Customer Service Essential
Service Delivery Executive/ Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff24 January 2018
Customer service is the main focus. Look after them and Tesco will look after you. Great promotion opportunities for those looking to work hard for it
challenging environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Always challenging but very rewarding, from training to daily tasks every situation is handled in a professional and caring way.
Pay is good with fair benefits.
Pros
environment
Great
call center, customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Nice place to work, good people and environment, always helpfully to each other and support is always there when you need it, and the cleanliness is nice as well.
It was ok
Security (Former Employee) –  Cardiff19 January 2018
Not really a good company to work for.always treat staff like rubbish.no one is happy working there couldn’t wait to leave the company.been a lot happier since I’ve left
Terrible company to work for
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 January 2018
Being a shift leader I can tell you that I dread coming to work. You get paid pennies for what you do, have to do the managers work that they don’t want to do. It’s not rewarding and anyone who says it is is quite frankly lying to themselves. The culture at Tesco is toxic. The hours are a joke, I have no social life. Do yourself a favour and don’t apply
used to be good
Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff18 January 2018
Tesco used to care about people, now they care about efficiency. You'll probably meet some nice people but I cant say there's a caring culture anymore. They're the sort of company that thinks sending emails counts as engagement.
Amazing
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 January 2018
Never did I ever have a problem with working for tesco managers are always there to help you, would go back in a heart beat, good benefits and pension
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Na
Tesco Head Office
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 January 2018
I have worked at Tesco head office for over 5 years and have gained great people skills while there. I made some great friends while working there, its a shame they are closing.
A great place to work
Employment History Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff12 January 2018
A great place to work with dedicated team players who enjoy banter. The managers offer us support and training to be the best we possible can.

There are a lot of reward schemes
Pros
Bounus
Cons
The office is a bit far out
How Not To Run A Business.
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff11 January 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, but due to mismanagement from top to bottom and repeatedly making the same mistakes, to which the staff have to pay for in wage cuts & redundancies, one to avoid.
Everyone at store level is under so much pressure to achieve more with less, whilst trying to comply with an ever increasing amount of external interference from people with no in store knowledge, making store atmosphere a toxic one for all staff.
Pros
You'll meet some great people.
Cons
No Job security at any level except maybe boardroom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K