Tesco Employee Reviews

Busy but rewarding
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath18 September 2018
Customers were, overall, friendly and understanding of mistakes, staff were likewise and very helpful, also very accommodating of special measures I needed. A very enjoyable place to work.
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster18 September 2018
Good and fun place to work in. The people work well together and are always friendly. The staff work place ie canteens is always will equip. The benefits are great too.
Social and friendly workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Church Langley18 September 2018
The most enjoyable part is being able to interact with different people on a regular basis. Staff tend to be friendly and willing to help. Customers are often appreciative.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Very hard and unlikely to be contracted anything above part time hours.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wells18 September 2018
Management are very clicky and certain managers have let the power go to their head. However enjoyed working here as part of our little team we all actually became a little family.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks18 September 2018
Management wasn't always brilliant, but the work itself was enjoyable and the environment was good. I learned how to work in different roles and the other staff were always welcoming.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Ever changing environment with great opportunities
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 September 2018
Tesco is an ever changing environment due to the nature of retail, but if you embrace change and enjoy facing a new challenge every day then you will like working for Tesco. Furthermore tesco offers a wide range of opportunities ranging from first aid courses, apprenticeships to progressing you through to management and many more.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery driver customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield18 September 2018
long hours, enjoyable job as you are your own boss really, I enjoy my time there and driving for me is really enjoyable. Got the occasional ad customer but you just get on with it.
good place to work for
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheerness17 September 2018
it give many opportunities to make a living, learn a load of life skils, management are helpful, makes great friend, hardest part was leaving, starting work
good starting platform
Distribution (Current Employee) –  Uk Based17 September 2018
not a horrible place to work, but very much matters who your manager is. The difference between managers is amazing, some are truly not interested in developing their teams. Consistently busy, but development is always commercially based, and never on basic tasks.
A Fun but Fair workplace
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 September 2018
A Decent place to start off your so-called working career. The job itself wasn't difficult but it doesn't mean you can slack off. Very quickly you learn skills which can help you when it comes to development such as giving Customer service, time management and using your own creativity. You learn what makes a shop look presentable and how to work as a team in order to meet a target set by managers.
The Management (in my experience) changed quite a bit when it comes to how they want you to deliver targets. Routines could swap then swap back around which can be frustrating to workers as they are going back and forth when working. However this can help people learn on how to go about doing jobs in different ways which can be really helpful when your under a time frame to get your job done. Time was a very important factor when working on the shop floor, but its a very important factor whatever area you work. For me making sure things where done correctly wasn't an issue, it would be doing in a time frame given by managers which was the harder part. This is because other factors would halt your progress, such as customers asking questions, accidents or spillages on the shop floor, tipping a delivery which has turned up etc. All these factors make the job a challenge but a fun experience. Everyday is something different, no day is exactly the same. Yes you might be working the same stock each day but outcomes can change. Another thing I enjoyed was working as a team, not only for the social side but the experience can help you for later life as most jobs want you to work well together
  more... as a team.
I did come across a few issues with the company, one major one for me was there was no real chance of any development. The company was very much set with who they had in each department. I tried to go up the 'ladder' as i was told i could by my manager but i was brushed aside and wasn't even given feedback to why. Its quite frustrating because my manager had told me to and then the higher up management just ignored me even though you could be getting praised.
Pros
fun job
Cons
lack of development and chances
A good business to work for
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station17 September 2018
It's a long time since I worked for Tesco but my experience was very positive. Due to competitiveness in the food retail industry cuts have been made. It's a business where you can progress and there are lots of opportunities from my experience
great atmosphere
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby17 September 2018
Great place to work and lovely people to work with what i can remember.. Long shifts and hard work but very good place to be earning money and gaining experience.
ok job
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon17 September 2018
delivered customers shopping around croydon & surrounding areas , would start my shift by picking up delivery paperwork & vehicle loaded with goods then drive around & deliver them to customers
Pros
kept me fit
Cons
delivering to places without lifts
Bad work life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 September 2018
I was offered a horrible contract. Both Saturday & Sunday shift, along with Monday/Tues/Weds Evenings 7pm-11pm. I never got a social life one these hours or time to spend with family & friends. I worked for 3 months under this contract and asked whether I could get a new shift pattern as I had heard another member was leaving who had a much better contract of hours. I asked whether I could have this shift. Told to either stay and put up with it, or leave. So guess which I choose....
Cons
Horrible Management too busy to care for the drivers
Good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff16 September 2018
I think tesco is good to work for, the money is really fair and good hours. I met alot of new people and the staff were kind to me. I had many different options.
Pros
Money
Cons
tiredness
Great comapny to work for!
CSM (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City16 September 2018
Great company to work for. It has amazing benefits, however, I was tired of listing customers unbelievably greedy complaints which made me sick! Apart from that, everything is great!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Greedy customers!
productive
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Irlam15 September 2018
good place to work, but unsociable hours and days.
lovely working with didn't people from the community, learnt many new skills to name a few reductions and gap scan
Nice work environment
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire15 September 2018
Tesco is a very modernised company that are always trying to keep up to date with the way they handle staff.

in this role i have learned how to deliver a high level of customer service.
fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saffron Walden15 September 2018
I had an enjoyable time working for tescos. The staff are helpful when in need of assistance, and the pay is decent. You learn learn the importance of stock regulation.
Pros
good money
Secure Opportunities
FRONT END TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom14 September 2018
Great focus on leadership, training and development. Opportunities always available for those looking to develop within the company. Customer Service focus second to none
Pros
development, team work
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K