Tesco Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex22 October 2018
Been there for a while and the people are nice it's very laid back as long as you get on with your work the managers very understandable I wouldn't really fault it money's money at the end of the day everyone needs to work but it's not a bad place.
Pros
Free bakery
Cons
Don't get paid enough
short lived
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich21 October 2018
only worked here for a short time so don't really have much to review basic retail work you'd expect from any chain supermarket, everyone seems to be in their own world doing their own hing
Pros
tesco meal deal errryy day
Cons
bad job
productive work place
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City21 October 2018
staff are supportive however as a company there is a lot of pressure on profit. productivity within the job is great but feel as though profit is put before anything else.
Hard work at times, friendly atmosphere
Duty Manager Service (Former Employee) –  West Midlands19 October 2018
Like family you can't always choose who you work with, for the most part everyone is friendly. Christmas starts early Aug/Sept, January very quiet. Depends which store you work in but you end up helping each other out
Fun place to work
Tesco Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford19 October 2018
My day consisted of helping customers and replenishing stock.
I learnt how to rotate stock and help customers confidently.
The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers.
Mentally Draining
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London19 October 2018
Tesco is such a big company with a lot of employees so sometimes i found it to be a stressful job especially when your new somewhere and haven't been offered no training for the role you applied for. i often felt unheard by my manager for example if i raised a issue it would fall on deaf ears. I just felt unappreciated there.
Pros
10% discount when worked there for 6 months
Cons
long hours sometimes no break and hours not being calculated properly
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baguley18 October 2018
Usually, a typical day at work is easy going, and comfortable.
I have learnt customer service and communication skills as well as commercial awareness, working under pressure and working in a busy team. This has made me into a confident person.

Management is lenient if tasks are completed but take poor care on listening to the employee's ideas and beliefs.

The workplace culture was downbeat and very friendly.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a large number of reduced items by myself. Also, asking to work on unreasonable times.

I genuinely enjoy the customer assistant role and strive to make sure consumers receive the best possible customer service they can experience upon entering the store.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Awesome when you're a student.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro18 October 2018
If you're a student at university this is an awesome company to work for, as they'll give you time off to go to university during term time and even transfer!

Your colleges are what really make this job good.
Pros
Discount!
Cons
Retail.
Good place to work part time, flexible hours.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newton Abbot, Devon18 October 2018
Flexible hours dependent on time of year. Pays decently for a part time job.
Management was good.
Never had a massive problem, although work could be challenge sometimes.
has the potential to be a great place to work
Delivery driver/Acting team leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2018
Tesco has the potential to be a great place to work. when I first started I was happy and couldn't do enough overtime. could be more organised more ownership and better management.
Pros
can be disorganised
Cons
you get to meet people
team work,fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london17 October 2018
Working with Tesco was fun and have learned a lot. Receiving delivery and putting them into shelves. Learned about good customer service and time management.
great job
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stirling17 October 2018
i loved working here just everyone got on well good atmophere when i first started some off the other cleaners thought i might be to young for the job at the time i work my respect off my boss who then gave me more jobs to do
Pros
good peole
Cons
cold nights
Bakery
Multi Skilled Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex17 October 2018
Early starts (4am) are required, ensuring availability priorities for the on line shopping department and the shop floor are met for the store opening times. Assisting the bakers in scheduling ad hoc bakes to meet the pre order demand. Assessing that the product quality and weight is suitable for the packing process and advising bakers of any shortfall or date range issues. Packaging product for display or shipping as required meeting date range and quality limits for on line shopping and shop floor. Filling display areas and promotional stands during the working shift. Cleaning down working surfaces and machines.
Fun work place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff17 October 2018
It was one of the best call centres I worked at ! Nice freindly fun loving team , and proactive management. Couldn't fault the place at all and I wished it stayed in Cardiff
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Working every Sunday
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire17 October 2018
Good job but really hard working, the staff is professional and try to help you doing your target, people around are sociable and, they have overtime available almost every time
Friendly and Productive workplace
Customer Assistant Picker (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London17 October 2018
Plenty of work to do throughout the shifts however it was enjoyable and wasn't stressful. Supervisors and Team leaders were helpful were help needed and would check up on you to see if everything is fine.
It would be pretty cold when working in the chiller section however the running around would make it bearable.
Enjoyable but frustrating
Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross17 October 2018
A normal day at work consisted of serving customers and checking the bags to ensure that the totals were correct. I learned about the security and ID requirements for countries all across the world, as well as further information on identification of fakes notes and IDs. The work could be greatly taxing at times, but was overall rather enjoyable.
Internet shopper (Former Employee) –  Mansfield16 October 2018
Loved the job I did here it was my first job I was only 16/17 and I was only Christmas temp. The staff there was amazing helped me feel comfortable I always felt comfortable
Really good company
Night Worker (Former Employee) –  Thetford16 October 2018
No fault of Tesco’s why I left the company just night work just wasn’t for me In the end and at the time no daytime work wast available so decided to go and try a new challenge
Productive and fun working place.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare16 October 2018
During work experience I had so much fun working at Tesco's. The people were so nice and when I had a problem with something they managed to help me..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K