Here to help: Coronavirus update

Tesco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13,590 reviews
Found 13,590 reviews matching the search
Used to be good.
Tesco was a really good company to work for however since the job cuts/Redundancy and removal of team leaders, work ethic and job satisfaction have gone downhill.
Uncaring
The company doesnt care about its satff, only profits, itll keep piling on the work load until you are at breaking point. they do not support you with work/life balance. Mental health? They dont care about that either, they hide behind pamphlets and numbers that do little to help you due to the fact that they always end up back at Tesco.

Integrity does not exist, you will find managers openly discussing why a person is off sick with general assistants or other managers in the staff canteen. Confidential information is just gossip.
Not a bad place to work
Managers need to be changed.tell you one thing do another.friendly staff ,most are willing to get stuck into work .working times can be changed if needed to help with childcare .
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Mangers
A job to build up skills and career levels
The job is a decent one for those who are looking to build their skills up and get some money. The downside is that the job can be repetitive and there are busy periods.
It was a really good experience, I have learnt alot of things thdough this and it skilled my professional sectors.
This company has a treamdeous good workers with a flexible schedules of working. People who are freshers and didn't have any job in life. This could be their very first and best experience.
okay to work for
when i first worked for tesco they were a good company to work for but as time whet by they became very poor they said they complied to this and that but would try things to get round it.
Pros
local
Cons
sly
Productive enjoyable workplace
A close nit team in store. When running the store you are working with colleagues who come friends. The role changes everyday as it is so much more than putting beans on a shelf
Tesco is fine management is terrible
Workers at Tesco as a great bunch. management don't have an idea staff run the stores and paid poor for the pleasure. I had various jobs there and several managers high turn over of faces
Good
Good company to work for decent managers,fair on the living wage. Would go back in a heart beat if I could ! But unfortunately dont have a position in my area.
Happy
Superb place to earn your living. Competative rates of pay. Working delivering goods all over the country. The working atmosphere alongside the other drivers is relaxed, but more importantly friendly and social.
Nice people,
The colleagues are mostly nice and easy to work with, however the management culture is not healthy, from the top down the norm is dishonesty and bullying.

Nice place to work but stand up for yourself to the managers and watch your back!
friendly
it was a friendly place to work, i enjoyed working on the checkouts. Management were very welcoming during the time i was there. Only a temporary contract but would have wanted to stay longer.
Good experience
I am very happy to work in Tesco all benefits and support from the seniors. Even the pay rate is very good, the environment is very peaceful. The work it self is very competitive to achieve the goals
Nice place to work at times
Work is typically good as the staff are friendly. Management could do with a change though as some can be rude... Not too much else to say, fairly simple job.
Good
Was amazing to work at Tesco good pay and good positive people around you. If need anything all got do is ask the staff they are willing help you out.
Amazing company to work for
Great place to work for, with great benfits, friendly , hours to suit all , wages are fair.looked after by the union usdaw,tesco mobile is great place to work for.
Stricly desciption
Passionate and knowledge be about our product and service. Great staff with a warm and friendly welcome. Finds items everything they wand quickly. Work as part of a team to complete delivery orders. Professional management helps the hardest part of the job.
work place
I can't speak for all the Tesco that are out there however the one in which ii worked had a very enjoyable atmosphere due to the people that I worked alongside, and even though I don't work there anymore I still take some time to g see them when I can.
Pros
acquaintance
Cons
extra hours
Was ok
Working for Tesco is very good u are always learning and on ur feet and meeting lovely people the express is hard u are on delivery and also tolls so having to multi task also having to always remember 25 as we get checked on the team are lovely and always ready to help u
Mostly Good
I enjoyed my time at Tesco mostly. They are always short of staff which can be stressful and customers get annoyed. Managers are generally pleasant and quite chilled, at my store anyway. I would work for them again. The money is awful though, even for managers.
Enjoyable and flexable.
A typical work day will consist of meeting targets depending of department. While management can be strict, potential employees can expect fair treatment. Tesco are often willing to fit your work hours around personal commitment's.