Tesco Employee Reviews

Very happy workplace and amazing people to work with
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Colinton, Midlothian20 April 2018
Great company to work for. Have met a lot of amazing people whilst I have been with the company. Lots of benefits working for a company like this. Like my job
Pros
Networking
Team Leader
Chargé d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Angleterre20 April 2018
j'ai travaillé 7 ans dans cet société et c'est une société meilleur pour travailler ou on peut Evaluer et apprendre beaucoup de choses en pratique.
Great place to meet new people.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 April 2018
You get to meet new people everyday while working at Tesco. I have learned alot about customer services and time management, if customers were not happy then the rating would go down.
Good place to work maybe more so for part time, student, mum, retiree
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 April 2018
Tesco is a great place to work. Started my working life there and set me up well and taught me some good lessons about what to expect in the workplace.

Good enthusiastic people are embrace and can far
Productive evening shifts
Sales Assistant and Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport19 April 2018
Typical day at work would include:
Clocking in
unlocking personal PDA and printer devices
checking JOB 14 rota
assigning yourself to a department
date scanning and reducing missed items
recording waste
filing waste reports
clocking out
Pros
flexable hours and days off
Cons
short hours and evening shifts only
Was a great place to work friendle envioment
Shelf Stacker (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 April 2018
I learned alot at Tesco everything I wanted to learn they took the time u teach u any thing u needed they was happy to help for u to get the job done great place to work
Pros
Cheap food in catein
Cons
9 hours a day
nice employer
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire18 April 2018
good job to get some basic retail and customer service experience, leant the basics about how to deal with customers. the hours were pretty unflexable
Decent, not great
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pitsea, Essex17 April 2018
Jobs fine, no issues there however working 5 nights per week, 10pm-7am, can get a little tough especially as I see work colleagues more than I see the people I live with.
productive and fun
Part-time General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford17 April 2018
great company with ability to work around with life plans.

management were great to work with and overtime was always there to do an hour to two after contracted shift.
Pros
friendl management
Cons
can't get full time without being management
Low morale
HR Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Purfleet17 April 2018
Low morale with no respect from senior management. Long serving colleagues felt less valued than other favoured colleagues. The workplace culture was all about figures & not about people. This went against the public image & values of the company.
Pros
Friendships made
Cons
Lack of trust in Senior Leadership Team
Not great
Customer Advisor (nightshift) (Former Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down17 April 2018
Decent place to work for job security, and the colleagues are very easy to get along with. management are a nightmare though. They are always changing, never permanent managers, and they do not care about the staff, especially the night staff. They do not care about any employees or about helping them.
Great place to work!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, County Londonderry17 April 2018
Although I work in the same aisle daily no two days are ever the same. The customers are keen to get to know us and generally ask our opinions on the products we sell.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Late working hours and no free parking
good work enviroment
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk17 April 2018
in the 2 weeks i was there it was a nice place to work and the staff was very friendly. i was able to work on my own or with someone by placing stock on the shelves
Only perfect for students
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire16 April 2018
I worked for Tesco 10+years used to be a great company to work for not anymore, they were making redundancies to lots of CA roles and Managers but the cuts need starting from the top ie lazy store managers and senior team! not all but most in the last couple of years of me working there, great for students who want part time not for anyone wanting full time they do not employ anyone full time.
What they do is give you core hours then ask you to fill an availability form out and flex you up at short notice but if you can't do the extra hours after twice saying no you will have a lets talk they then get you to fill out your availability form again! You could be flexed up to full time for 3 weeks then only be on your core hours for months, always overtime bans because they can't manage the budgets. On the plus side great for gaining skills to help you move on to other jobs lots of different departments to work on, great for students.
Pros
Great for building confidence
Cons
No one cares
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire16 April 2018
Lots of room to move up into management if wanted, great collegues with great benefits. very secure job. hours work around the collegues. hours are flexiable
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Batley16 April 2018
Not the best of places to work for they will have you to well over you legally required overtime, they are never grateful for the work you do for them and they never offer anyone full-time contracts so as they don't have to pay the full holiday entitlement
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Really okay, it all depend on what an individual wants...
Warehouse team member (Current Employee) –  Peterborough16 April 2018
On a normal working day,i resume early to get myself ready to start my shift (30mins ) before.Its important since we work with tools,mechanical/arm mini computer.

It is an environment where seriousness and dedication is needed,as performance for the day is the key.

Management are always doing their best to keep the centre up and running.

Most people mind their business,trying to achieve the days target.

Working to achieve your daily set performance.

Trying to be friendly at break time.
Pros
Free coffee/ cheap foods
Cons
. Depends on an individual
Managers not allowed to manage
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Sprowston16 April 2018
not enough resource spent on staff so managers spend all their time grafting rather than managing.
Pay isn't reflective of the hours required to work.
going down hill
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 April 2018
When I first joined Tesco 7 years ago they were a good company to work for, but now the wages are low and the workload is heavy, lots of redundancies being made at all levels.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
too many to mention
Awful
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire15 April 2018
Filling delivery and then filling back stock. You don't learn a lot whilst employed with Tesco, very tedious job, the management generally speaking are not fit to manage and shouldn't be doing the job, very spiteful, lots of favouritism and generally very lazy. The culture in the workplace is not healthy, very repellent again, like being in one big rumour mill. The hardest part of the job being picking up lazy colleagues slack and dealing with the more unsavoury characters that you have to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you clock out to go home.
Pros
Easy job, flexible, can meet good friends whilst working
Cons
Too many to list...