Tesco Employee Reviews

great work environment
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Haslingden22 January 2018
Tesco super store offers a great work environment which is filled with genuine colleges, who don't hesitate to help when you need it . Furthermore it allows flexible hours, as i was in Sixth Form at the time. Lastly the pay is great considering im still in Sixth Form.
Pros
Great pay, Great hours, Great environment
enjoyable working experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe21 January 2018
This was a fun and fast pace working environment. Management was good. Staff were very understanding and helped one another. I enjoyed working here very much.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Its a job
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2018
Boring, same day to day activities. Managers are luck of the draw a lot of the time - if you have a good one you will have a better time at work most likely.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Have to wait 6 months before able to use a measly 10% staff discount.
nice place to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Swansea21 January 2018
can pretty much choose youre own hours
very accommodating to college/uni or family life
fun and friendly
lots of support
good benefits
lots of training
A good place to work
Customer care - Greet customers (Current Employee) –  Middlesex21 January 2018
Tesco is a very good company to work for, they have a wonderful pay structure and benefits for their employees. They are very much customer focused and this is brought out in everything they do from the training you receive to how you do you job
Terrible
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde20 January 2018
Been working there for 4 years, absolutely worse place to work management is a joke no working hours. Instead of giving a part timer more hours they'll hire another person for a 7 hour contract
Productive and gained alot of qualitys
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Holywell, Flintshire20 January 2018
Good company to work for. Everyday was different to the last day and delivering different customer service to meet desk requirements. I learned to deliver my customer service skills.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Nothink
ok
Night Replenishment (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire20 January 2018
easy steady job work well with you team on nights management are good and will look after there team but days management don't respect the night workers or try to assist them
Productive, great management, friendly and fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham20 January 2018
Tesco's was a great, well managed and friendly environment, i enjoyed every second. Tesco's helped me develop many of my personal skills from: communication, working under pressure and especially working as a team to satisfy and portray a positive attitude towards customers. The management was excellent and was really supportive. The hardest part about the job was the long hard working hours you had to put in however despite that the most enjoyable part about it was the positive working environment and helping customers with their needs. The management was outstanding and very supportive.
Pros
Staff Discount, Flexible, Reliable
Fun place
Tesco - Customer Service Champion (Current Employee) –  London20 January 2018
Great place to work with people from all backgrounds as we thrive to deliver excellent customer service to our customers. Lots of support from people.
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grays Thurrock, Essex20 January 2018
My colleagues were friendly and easy to get along with, which made my working there a fun and happy experience. It also made it easier to be able to work as a team when needed. This job gave me more experience in warehouse work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
average pay
challenging environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Always challenging but very rewarding, from training to daily tasks every situation is handled in a professional and caring way.
Pay is good with fair benefits.
Pros
environment
Great team
Grocery Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Paisley19 January 2018
Fun team, hard work, good breaks. Not great with flexibility as they wouldn't give me day off to move flats. Incredibly short notice ending my contract.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Not great with flexibility
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London19 January 2018
I become part of the Tesco while was studying at university. I was always a determined person that would like to stand on my own feet by supporting myself, instead of relaying on my parents. Tesco supported me throughout university, I really enjoyed working there, I got to assist and build relationship with customers and colleges. I am very passionate to interact with people, I take a lot of pride in my appearance. Also the company made me very confident with people many very approachable and easy to talk to.
Rewarding
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol19 January 2018
Being able to serve customers better each day is what makes me want to turn up to work; I feel rewarded once I finish each shift. The community at my store is very friendly and inviting - despite the large size! The pay is also not too bad as a younger part-time worker.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Don't get paid for breaks
good
Stock Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clay Cross19 January 2018
learnt all aspects of stock control such as a gap scan were you try to find stock that isnt on display then if its not there then u order it srp which reduces levels of overstock by counting products the cubing it down so it tell the computer how many cases go on the shelfs
Pros
cheap dinners
Cons
new store
long hours but good rewards
Fork Lift Driver/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey19 January 2018
Tesco distribution was a very busy distribution centre which supplied the southeast superstores with produce.The distribution centre employed approximately 600 people on various shifts including nights.I enjoyed my 24 years there and made many friends.It suited me at that time in my life as i had a mortgage and daughter growing up and had great potential to earn good money.i only left because of redundancy due to Tesco's relocating to Reading.
Pros
plenty of overtime available at good rates of pay
Cons
shift work and only 2 days off over christmas
rewarding and fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London19 January 2018
very enjoyable working place, everyone in the team was helpful and friendly. I worked in the fresh section which involved monitoring and replenishing stock levels which was rewarding.
Pros
good starting pay and long breaks
Cons
long hours and no paid breaks
Fun livly and they let ypu be yourself
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Market Weighton, East Riding of Yorkshire19 January 2018
I needed my time at tesco and would be happy to go back the management were always happy to help on any deportment and get involved with any fun raising or Christmas fancy dress again they were go when it come to family time ie sick.kids or s
Kids plays at school
Pros
Drinks for free
Cons
No cons
Great
call center, customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff19 January 2018
Nice place to work, good people and environment, always helpfully to each other and support is always there when you need it, and the cleanliness is nice as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.