Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 10,567 reviews matching the search See all 12,627 reviews
Fun place to be part of
Group People Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bristol9 December 2018
Very family orientated and give you as much variety in a career as you want. I really enjoyed working here but moving back home means the job must change.
great
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hexham, Northumberland, UK7 December 2018
never had any issues here, left school to work here, great retailer if im honest and being young at the time of having the job i should have really stuck with the employer.
A nice friendly place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk6 December 2018
Good company to work for
Good rates of pay
Options of overtime available
Lots of added benefits
Supportive management
Working was at times tough due to staff shortages/illness but you get this in all workplaces
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Sadly not the hours I needed
Very poor management
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 December 2018
Very poor management and very secretive about things, then want to implement things without proper resources or training. This was of course in the call centre and not the stores.
Pros
Discount
Good workplace
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shropshire6 December 2018
Good workplace, many opportunities to take advantage of once you are working at one of the stores. Supportive management, on site parking, goo staff room and canteen
customer service
Sales Assistant/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harlesden, UK5 December 2018
working with tesco i enjoyed it alot. the pay was amazing plus and the atmosphere was great. the management was good but could of improved a little bit more but overall tesco was my favrouite place to work in
Cons
30 hours
Low pay, under appreciated
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London4 December 2018
Repititive job which pays low and mistreats its staff members. You will find good managers but they are few and far between. Only benefit is 10 percent discount which goes up to 20 percent for 1 week only around once or twice a year. Progression to management is not a common theme. Known staff members to be on what is called an options programme for many years without progressing. Only offer low hour contracts
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay, no long term contracts, under appreciated, low chance of progression, lack of benefits
Total chaos
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, UK4 December 2018
The night shift team of tesco are literally work horses. Mostly used and abused to the brim. It is utterly upsetting and moral killing the way management spoke to me and other staff members. Everyone was timed to the second when it came to lunch breaks. I thank the Lord I was working on a temporary basis as this job took its toll on me, not only at work but also home. Being a father it was hard getting time in to play with my kids. Exhausted and tired, it was literally sucking the life out of me.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, harsh policies, aching body, over worked
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dalgety Bay, Fife3 December 2018
Tesco Is a good place to work and are kept busy throughout your shift, given a variety of tasks to do and different departments to work for, also given the opportunity to learn that little bit extra.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
It's great as a starter job.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex3 December 2018
Its a great job if your looking for part time work whilst at college or university but if your wanting to be permanent full time (starting off as a customer assistant) there isn't much opportunity to further your career. They have plenty of opportunities for colleagues to train and develop skills on different departments throughout the store, but wanting to become a manager can take a long time.

The environment around the workplace is generally good, most staff are always friendly and willing to help, others just like to get in and get on with the job at hand. There is always someone you can talk to if you need extra guidance whether its your department manager or personnel manager.

I've learned a lot since joining Tesco, my communication skills have developed over the years and my self confidence has grown a lot too.

Overall I wouldn't say I hate working at Tesco but its just one of those jobs you get to get yourself through college and Uni, just to earn a bit of money whilst building an education towards a career you really want.
Pros
Discount Clubcard for staff
Cons
not a lot of opportunities to further your career
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, UK3 December 2018
a good place to work where you meet different customers everyday. customers feel happy when they received a excellent customer service. i would recoomend it.
A convenient place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset3 December 2018
A good job to fit around personal life, good benefits but could be better for amount of work expected. Budgets have been cut so staff levels are at a minimum which in turn creates more pressure on all staff and causes terrible working environment.
On the job “training”
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands2 December 2018
Only worked here a couple weeks. After doing the induction (nothing practical), took two weeks to start because of a management change and my first ever shift was 9hrs (it killed). Still no uniform (I’ve Heard it can take up to a couple months) which is destroying my clothes (they should offer a vest for new starters atleast). No real training just being passed between managers and staff following them around and asking tones of questions. Still no contract or clocking in card. Expected to wear shoes (or atleast trainers that look enough like them) which is killing my feet.
I often find myself alone on the floor (bar the checkout staff). And I have no clue. Most staff are good, others spend a lot of time chatting.

They pay is good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganised mess, takes too long to get all your kit, too long to get any benefits.
Great Team
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Cardigan, Ceredigion1 December 2018
Team is great to work with, Management could do with some work. I was asked in my interview if my personality might annoy people, not a great thing to say to a possible new hire. But I loved the team, had a huge laugh and fun even when it was crazy busy.
Consistently within the top 5 for our department across our groop
Counters Department, Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, UK1 December 2018
Working with a small team to run an effective, efficient and friendly department, customer needs at the forefront of that, closely followed by good housekeeping and clean as you go routines. We are consistently in the top 5 for sales within our group.
productive and fun work place
store leader (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 December 2018
take the hand over from others team leader
focus on most important aspects.
serving customer is priority.
plan my shift accordingly
make warehouse nice and tidy for delivery,
delicate the task among colleagues.
Quiet workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hove30 November 2018
A fun place to work. I would spend a lot of time on the tills and the particular branch i worked at was relatively slow therefore time would go by extremely slowly.
lovely place to work minus the management
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weedon, Northamptonshire29 November 2018
I really enjoyed working in a team at tesco. it allowed me to work on my communication skills and i love talking to new people. A typical day at work would be serving customers, putting out stock and communicating with staff members and members of the public to get the job done. I have learnt
Pros
good break nice staff
Cons
hard work not noticed
A good place to work in a team
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London29 November 2018
Working at Tesco helped to me gain confidence in myself in dealing with diverse group of people with different needs. i gained team working skills also
Pros
It is a place where you can grow professionally
Cons
You are limited to your Job
Average job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Caernarfon, Gwynedd28 November 2018
A typical day at work is fairly easy going. Learned patience through difficult customers. I enjoy working with my colleagues and interacting with customers. Management could definitely be more supportive with their staff.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Underappreciated. Contract of 7hrs a week is pathetic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K