Tesco Family Dining Limited Employee Reviews

lovely team members
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Anonymous7 February 2019
Rubbish pay, no extra pay for bank holidays etc.
Under trained management who don't care about staff concerns, only care about hitting targets. Expected to go above and beyond with no appreciation for your work.
Would never work here again if my life depended on it!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
undertrained management and unfair treatment of staff
never again
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh31 January 2019
Left just after 1 month. I would not recommend anyone to work for the Café. I have been hired as Team Leader / Supervisor for the FoH before the Xmas Holidays. Most the time they give u all closing to do (alone), staying 2 hrs to clean all the place (most of the time I was covering the position of KP.
No training. The manager avoids to communicate with you, and he/she delegates via phone directly to the staff members to do the job. No open to suggestions and any changes who could lead an improvement for the business. Kitchen and staff not trained enough to be a united team (which could prevent complaints in food delays). Baristas there are not able to make the coffees (cappuccino un-frothy which look more flat whites). They don't want to listen and they see you as an enemy conspiring against you helped by the management. I have been told that I have should not tell old people how to do their job. The hourly pay is good but you are not going to have more than 30 hrs per week. No way to cover your living expenses. I am sorry for the customers who always treated me well (Management didn't appreciate that I was speaking with the customers). No benefits and tips are low.
Management focused on Healthy and Safety procedures but in the kitchen, they use glass recipients. All kitchen utensils are cleaned together with glasses, cups, and dishes! The company allows hands or glasses to scoop the Ice cubes.
Pros
Food free, Customers.
Cons
everything else, Hd
fun place to work
General Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rotherham3 January 2019
fun place to work great staff and management all very helpful and friendly really made my time working here enjoyable, hardest part was being understaffed sometimes but as team we always pulled through
busy cafe
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oban, Argyll and Bute13 December 2018
busy cafe environment, multi-tasking essential. great team to work with. working hours are sociable, with no late nights and no starts earlier than 7am. role is varied and challenging.
Was a great job to be in
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen8 December 2018
Great fun, everyday was a new challenge, the team make you feel like a big family, always have a smile put on your face, can express your personal life with the team and full support was always there
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Manager
Family
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull23 November 2018
Dont care bout helping if you need child care, inc HR department. Short staffed, bad communication. Ask to go in on holidays. The list is endless. . Get no thanks for constant helping out.
Pros
Discount card
Not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mold10 November 2018
I never had set hours that were promised. We didn’t have the nicest staff or management. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers. Some customers return just to see you and ask how you are.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours. Staff. Management
Its all about profit, not customer focused.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross6 November 2018
Surprised the company is still in operation.
There is no work life balance.
The food is not cooked to order.
The coffee is cheap beans.
It is an embarrassment to serve the customers these pitiful meals for extortionate prices.
Pros
on site meal up to £5 menu price
Cons
Very high turnover of staff
Good work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  new oscott28 September 2018
A good company to work for, hard work, fair pay, uniform provided, clean and tidy, good selection on menu, which changes with the season, modern equipment, full training given
Standard job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Stevenage9 September 2018
Tescos family dining is not a horrible place to work, but it is not a great on either. They aren't greatly organised at times and the higher management aren't always that consistent.
Productive place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham17 August 2018
It’s hard work clearing tables , dealing with customers, it’s a busy cafe, it’s rewarding when customers comment on how nice u are and how hard u work
Pros
Free lunch upto £5
Cons
No cons
good work collegues
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Gloucester12 August 2018
I really enjoyed my work but my hours were changing and I found them unsuitable, I learned a lot of new skills including working kitchen machinery and front of house machines,i.e. coffee machines and blenders, I love working with members of the public and make friends easily, my manager was a lovely person and we had a great relationship,
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
changing hours
Productive and fun workplace.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire2 July 2018
Working here was always fun, mainly down to the great team and management around me. While here I learned how to problem solve and deal with complaints from our customers when necessary as well as how to handle food. The hardest part about working here was the tendency to be working late one day, then the next day you might be opening the store. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting to interact with so many different people and helping them enjoy their time inside the cafe.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and management, good rate of pay, free lunches
Cons
Often long hours, often understaffed
Had a phenomenal team but lived there no work home balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire2 July 2018
Ran a highly successful unit but had bare minimal staff, a new operations manager forced my hand into leaving as he cut labour again and expected the team to run on less than minimal staffing levels which was a danger to health and safety.
Great company view but executed poorly.
Although we smashed company budgets and targets we then got punished as they cut everything to make our targets less achievable even though we worked so hard to beat them.
Worked under a couple of operations managers and two of them were brilliant but we ended up with a rotten Ąpple!
It is true what they say a good manager makes people stay
Pros
Fantastic team, great service, fun atmosphere
Cons
Punished for beating targets, rude management, unsafe working
Bad manager very rude and his in the back all day
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire17 June 2018
Manager very rude to staff always shouting and hid away and did not run the team in a proper way
Rotors always wrong left you on your own for hours no staff
No praise
Staff changing all the time because can’t work under that pressure and manager
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Very bad manager
Slave labour
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire15 March 2018
Avoid working for tfdl they treat you like a slave cut labour cut labour that's all you get from them but we want more work from you with minimum staff. Had problems with tesco management not supporting you when you had problems getting pdas to do your shop for the cafe shop, complaining about tables being dirty or floor not being cleaned fast enough when you have a long queue and your short staffed, even going out of their way to make life harder until a customer complains and the tfdl management don't care unless it effects the gp or a stupid in moment comment the have for customer cafe experiences.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Poor support, tesco management, egos
The worst place I have ever worked .
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire16 February 2018
Very poor management . I was in the job a week and was expected to know how to cash up , clean everything and lock up .
The only training I recieved was from a computer for half hour . No training given on what temps to cook food at etc . Basically thrown in at the deep end and expected to know how to do everything. When contacted manager , could never get intouch .
Apart from all this I made friends with some lovely work collegues ( who have also left through poor management ) and will miss the customers dearly .
Also if you have any family issues pop up .Do not expect management to support you and make possible changes if needed . You are just a number to them .
Customers had more empathy and was disgusted at how the manager was .
Pros
Friendships
Cons
No training
Fun and hardworking
Food service assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex13 February 2018
Working at this place has been one of the best experiences. The people i work with have supported me and helped me grow in myself and guided me. I have learnt from this job to be more confident, to be able to talk to people from different walks of life. The management have helped me grow in my work and helped me really understand the meaning of hard work.
Production for work areas
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ashford31 January 2018
Team player love working well with different team members
Tesco family dining is a café where friends and family can come a to dine before going to do their shopping...and place that is suitable for the everyone to have breakfast and coffee, soft drinks light meal...
Worked closely with all other members of Tesco Staff members to see that all company's objections are met and working effectively.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no advancement for futher career propects
Gone to the dogs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff2 January 2018
Vile attitude and neglect towards ongoing issues, which could be easily resolved.
Management over past 2 years - awful, couldn't control anything to specific standard.
Team leader didn't know the meaning of professional. Purposely causing customers to feel an atmosphere.
Team members treated like utter dirt by anyone higher in the business. Wouldn't recommend working here, even at last resort. You'd need to prepare for an everyday battle they would create. Shame the team and structure has gone to the dogs, USED to be a pleasant and happy environment in which to work. Obviously some roles have gotten to people's heads and they've downgraded to clown managers.
Pros
Cons
Management and team leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco Family Dining Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6