Tenpin

Tenpin Employee Reviews

United Kingdom189 reviews
You have a very mixed bag each day and if you do different shifts each week you can quickly learn the different aspects of the business very quickly. Generally staff work on bar, kitchen or reception and learn all the departments so good for training up.

The staff can be lovely but they are worn down very quickly, and morale can dip easily. The hardest part is keeping each other perked up when they are having a really stressful shift and facing little support from management.

Tenpin offers great incentives through Employee of the month scheme, good pension process, and "Tenpin Treats", a portal where you can apply for items to pay back through your wages, or get good discount/cashback offers with other retailers.

The day can be really fun, but sadly it hugely depends on which manager/supervisor is on shift. There are some that are great, and others who just want to add to their social bubble, actively rejecting or excluding a few individual staff purely because they don't fit into their little world. This causes huge rifts in the staff and should not be allowed to happen from someone in a management role.

Prepare to have little to no social/home work/life balance, as you will be expected to pick up shifts with little notice, or do a mixture of days and nights causing your body clock to be a bit lost!

Head office people seem to be nice, they are supportive and friendly. They would do well however, to look into why so many people left over such a short space of time.
Pros
Free bowling, discounted food, company perks website, lovely team members
Cons
Late nights struggle to get home, being expected to do too many hours
I worked here first as a party host and loved hosting all of the parties. Everyone’s friendly and parties don’t feel like work. I was trained on sector 7 and hosted parties for that too, very fun and you can make it your own adding your own way to it. The only downside was that pay was the bare minimum. I believe under £5. I do miss working here but I don’t miss the pay
Pros
Fun, friendly, energetic, never boring
Cons
Pay
Perfect part-time job for an energetic people person.
The managers are generous and reward staff for excellent service. High quality job and very rewarding
Great to work with so many new people - it was a amusement based venue so it was really nice to have so many different things to do through out my shifts
I was a cleaner at Tenpin in Maidenhead before it sadly closed and was demolished. I worked there for 3 years and had a good relationship with management and staff. Job was hectic but always a fun place to be.
Was a joke working here, forced to cook, paint, weed whack with own tools. Pay was poor no reimbursement for getting parts. No uniforms supplied. Doing other teams jobs. So simply a joke.
I have never seen so many unhappy staff constantly going on sick for stress/depression. You are not cared about by your managers and pay is barely enough to suffice bills yet alone luxury. HR department do not give enough hours to work full time so all jobs are part time. The rota is given about 2/3 days before the next week and is constantly changed without being informed therefore they ring on your supposed day off to be disciplined for not checking the changes, you cannot have a social life if you work here.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Pay, stress, hours
Don’t know where to start.
The management or “Manager” was appalling.

Some of the lower management was good but higher up not so much. You’d think they would be as setting an example? No. Terrible.

You’d be on a department and need something doing, radio for assistance or help and you’d be ignored and they’d blame the radio’s. Had the same radios for years and they’re terrible. Feel as though they’re kept so they can be used as an excuse not to help.

If you’re coming to Tenpin you can forget about your social life. Weekends? What are they? You’ll be hit with a solid 8/10 shift for each day.

If you rely on public transport to get about...good luck they don’t help you in the slightest with getting home. If you get a lift arranged for the scheduled end of your shift and leave at that time. It’s frowned apon. They expect you to stay for longer and do thing’s you’re not experienced in.

Some people you work with are amazing and become your friends but in the end you’ll feel that low and stressful you’ll shut them out.

Something needs to change at Doncaster otherwise employees will keep on leaving at the rate they are and it’ll only increase.
When I first started working there, I ABSOLUTELY loved it there, the staff, management, environment was incredible and was just so much fun. That declined, unfortunately when management left, staff left and replacements were not professional. Cost cutting in security, entertainment, lighting, staffing became a real problem and drew in unwanted trouble. It soon become a hostile location where fights often broke out.
The perks are great, the wage isn't that bad either. The hours are good, the only issue was the senior management- the place changed when the new Manager came. The new general manager has used bullying tactics to make most of my colleagues, and management leave. Which has caused upset amoung all the staff- the moral is down, no one wants to come to work- all because she wants to sit in the office and do nothing- even when the other managers spend all their time on the shop floor. I wish it went back to how it was. Maybe then we would all enjoy it more.
Pros
Wage, Colleagues and Perks
Cons
Senior Management, Low Staff Moral and Bullying
Management are great and helpful.
Once you have learned all 3 sections: reception, bar and kitchen you get a pay rise.

Part time good if your a student but job not good if you want full time as you work late nights. Managers help if you have other commitments and will accommodate you.

Job is enjoyable as you can get to interact with the guests.
Busy days are a bit stressful but managers will help if asked to wonderful place to work salary is the minimum for age groups but still not a bad place
It's a great place to work, I have never felt so happy In a job for a long time, don't get me wrong it can be busy and stressful at times but we work as a team and u get through it. Everyone makes u feel so welcome when I start and they are there fornu in times of need ro
Pros
Great place to work, staff make it so worth while
Cons
No cons
Tenpin sites are poorly managed overall.
The staff members do not get paid enough.

The sites are run down.

It is not an enjoyable place to work unless your co workers are nice.
Pros
Free games
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Poor management, Have to pay for food on break
Ive worked for the company many years working myself to the end for them and you dont get anywhere you cant progress in the company you get treated unfairly you dont get the hours you want or need to make a decent wage your overworked unpaid not valued easily replaced
Nice co worker's and all the people that visit was good to get along with by helping them with any issues they had and they was such a great bush of people
a very busy company to work for on evening and weekends. great fun with lots of team work and up selling competitions which makes everyone much more productive at their job
The people here are amazing. So easy to get along with but if you was to take away the people the job is not worth it in the slightest. Trying to live off £6.15 an hour is ridiculous.
Everyone was really moody and constantly complained about how they didn't want to work there. Is hardly ever busy through the summer months resulting in shifts being cancelled or being sent home early (which they can do as you're only contracted 4hours a week). Overall was not a positive place to work.
Working at tenpin is the most stressful, underpaid job I've ever worked.
You can't improve there unless you fill out the training books which you aren't helped with, or even guided if you got the test correct, I've been waiting 2 months for my bar book to be retuned unknowing if I had "passed" even though I had been working there meanwhile.

Management is very poor, asked for extra hours, don't receive. To the point where I couldn't afford rent one month. The rota is terrible, we don't get told until a week before and even then it can be changed , despite if TOU made plans r not. Get funny with you if you book holiday and don't get me started on customers and how dirty the actual place is
most of the time, the customers were nice. although had to deal with some questionable characters. the bosses were lovely and were always there to help, whether that be with personal problems or work problems.