Tenpin Employee Reviews

fast paced and unejoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 May 2018
was all about making money and lost the need for customer interaction. removing the alley cats and dancing evening. all about profit. become to busy and cut staff hours meaning lone working for managers all morning proving to be an unsafe environment
Pros
free bowling
Cons
long hours bad salarys
Couldn't pay me to go back.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire30 April 2018
But if you're an experienced individual, steer well away from the company. You'll be promised the world in hopes of staying with the company- reality? You'll be doing the jobs of three people at once whilst managers and their preferred members of staff stand around doing nothing.

Interplace relationships between supervisors and CSA's, said CSA receiving preferential treatment. And whenever an argument occurred? You guessed it, that spilled into work.

Manager's with clear ego issues.
Pros
Na
Cons
I don't think the text box is big enough.
Fun and productive
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  London4 April 2018
This company is very productive and enjoyable to work for you get rewarded extremely well for the hard work you do and also progression is extremely quick
fun fun fun
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire11 March 2018
this job is great. there are lots of different areas to be trained upon and if you are multi trained in three main areas you gegt a pay rise. it is a fun place to work and it has the best team to work with.
Pros
50% off meal on shift, discounted games of bowling
Cons
n/a
Good team but not so pleasant environment
Bartender and Cook (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 March 2018
I would not recommend joining this company for a long time period. It's mostly suitable for students, it's not going to help you on a full time basis. The salary wasn't that great and the job itself wasn't that rewarding. However, I'm glad that I worked there because of the team. They were friendly and very helpful. For that I'm thankful.
Pros
Good team, various types of work, friendly customers (mostly)
Cons
Management, poor salary, lack of motivation
Entry Level
Customer Service Assistant/Party Host (Former Employee) –  the bar, UK7 November 2017
Staff are overworked and underpaid. Its the perfect start for an entry level because it motivates people to want more from life , and not to end up in a dead end job.
Tenpin Experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham20 September 2017
Within this job I have learned how to communicate, have fun, work smart, grow myself and showing I care about what I am doing. In a typical day at work depending on which department I will be, normally I always check if customers are ok, serve them, I always try to be nice with them by asking how their day went and always smiling. I think Tenpin is a really friendly job and it gives me the skills that I wanted to learn.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
No free lunches
Good experience for young people.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, UK30 August 2017
Great People to work with, not a permanent job, lack of progression upward through the ranks. good friends and can be a fun place to work. However can be hard at times due to restrictions of abilities for normal staff members.
Pros
Good friends, flexible shifts.
Cons
Lack of progression, little trust, no full time hours.
Fun place to work, not so good pay
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire1 August 2017
Was at Tenpin for a year was great fun just rubbish pay always pushed to do as much as you can it can be very fast paced on night shifts just wish we'd finish when we had close rather than clean straight after we close, would had been easier to do it in the morning
Pros
So much fun, pay as you learn, good hours
Cons
Minimum wage, rude customers, bowling lanes always faulty
Fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant - Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire12 July 2017
Even though as a supervisor it can be early starts or late finishes, it is a fun place to work and you always work in different areas of the bowling alley so don't get bored.
I was able to progress when I wanted and got the help and training I needed.
Pros
discounts at tenpin
Cons
some late nights

Want to know more about Tenpin?

Ask a question
Fun Flexible Workplace
Bar Staff/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Camberley11 June 2017
A great place to work with hours that suit every individual. Can have busy days and quiet ones but always something going on. The people are all amazing as colleagues and friends and the managers are fair and friendly too. Always good fun at work meeting new people and regulars each day.
Pros
Staff meals, Suitable hours, Great staff.
Cons
Evenings can be late.
Fun filled job
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2017
Great first job. Tenpin is a very fast paced environment, and the energy is always positive. Roles include booking people in at reception, cleaning the lanes/games area and taking food/drink orders. Despite the low pay, you get free bowling for you and your friends/family. If you're looking for a fun (albeit slightly stressful) job, this is it.
Pros
Half price food, free bowling/pool, co workers
Cons
Low pay
na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2017
a normal day at work was to check people in and attend to their needs when needed.The culture within this work place was always energetic and fun however the hardest part was when having to work at the bar with all the alcoholic drinks. The most fun parts of the day coming into work and enjoying the fast pace environment.
Fun workplace but thats about it
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 April 2017
the best part about this job by far is the laughs you have with colleagues. other than that a fairly poor job. get not holiday allowed in December. Long hours as was short staffed all the time. too big a responsibility for the lack of pay
Pros
Free Bowling, Half price food
Cons
Long Hours, Not cared about as an individual
Very poor management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex1 March 2017
I stared off at tenpin as a party host and at first I loved it but then as time went on and people got more comfortable around me, things started to show. You get the bare minimum wage to do the job of about 3 people at once, you will be expected to serve on reception, clean the lanes and check on customers when there would be no one else around to cover your department. The management are more interested in gossip rather than what's going on site, they would rather site in the office on Facebook or Netflix, the management also favour staff and don't try to hide this. They will call their favourite memeber off staff in to have a chat. If you had done something that a manager didn't like you knew about it by the icy reception you received and then only receiving your contract hours the following week. They make you feel guilty when trying to hand your notice in and do not make an effort after. You do not get praised for good work only ever picked at for negatives. If you want to work inflexible hours for minimum wage, then this is the job for you; however I don't think anyone ever would.
Pros
Free bowling and nice colleges
Cons
Management and pay
A good company to work for a great management team and a great colleges to work with.
CSA (Former Employee) –  Stafford1 November 2016
Made great friends with this company not a bad thing to say about the company. Good managers and good team to work with. Everyone helps each other out.
Pros
Half price food free bowling or laser or pool
Cons
Productive and amazing team work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham23 September 2016
This job gave me the confidence to further extend my skills such as helping customers and be social. Also I have learned a lot of useful skills that I did not know before such as Bar and iServe. I loved working with this amazing team and I enjoyed mostly everyday of it.
fun workplace, learning new experiences
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford18 August 2016
I have learnt many new things. Ranging from how to deal with customers with complaints or queries. how to treat customers and how you should always have a smile on your face.
Used to be fun workplace
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  tenpin london16 August 2016
The staffs and work colleagues are good to work with. But not getting raise or any benefits and getting your hours cut from the company itself is a major demotivation . Due to this lots of good staff leave the job for better. And all the staffs that you have known from the start is gone.
Terrible Job
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 August 2016
The work is terrible, you will do the work of 3 people for minimum wage. The Co-oworkers are the only people in the whole place that actually make the job bearable, there is no benefits beside cheaper bowling and discounted food (only some food items).
Cons
Long hours, Minimum wage, No Benefits, No Respect, No room for progress