Tenovus Employee Reviews

3.1Pay & Benefits
job info
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot18 March 2019
tagging clothes, steaming clothes poor working conditions always cold no heating shop upstairs and downstairs needs a lot of work to be done there needs a facelift
Kind, hardworking team
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bargoed16 November 2017
I couldn’t of asked for a better team to work with at tenevous. Such a hardworking, genuine team who (quite clearly) are happy to help anyone they can. I’ve always wanted to volunteer and they made my experience such a positive one.

Throughout my time at tenevous I have learnt a number of skills, such as pricing items, stocking them up, using a till, customer service, the list goes on.
Pros
Lovely, hardworking team
Cons
Not paid.
Ok to work for.
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Porth, WLS8 November 2015
I have learnt how to work well with customers and I have enjoyed
the company and I would recommend to other people.
I have learnt to use the till and arrange the shop ready for customers in the morning.
Pros
getting to meet and learn new skills
Cons
no cons
great place to work for
Tenuous charity shop Shop assistant volunteering (Former Employee) –  romsey1 October 2015
they where all very friendly and helpful. there was a nice atmosphere. you where made to feel as though you could reach your full potential. helped me to be able to get a full time job. would go back a work for them again.
It was an enjoyable place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth14 September 2015
The staff members who assisted me in my initial encounter with the store were extremely helpful and welcoming. The overall environment was very friendly which is what made me happy to Volunteer there for the time that I did.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Sometimes repetitive work
fun workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberystwyth2 October 2014
I enjoy working for Tenovus, I have learned how to use the tills and clean the shop floor the right way, my co-workers are absolutely lovely. I love going in to work
Pros
working, my co-workers
i was a volunteer
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil, WLS16 September 2014
enjoyed the experience working in retail industry

overall a nice enjoyable place to volunteer
Exciting and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS29 May 2014
While working at Tenovus, I would first start out by steaming the clothes which would then go on to the shop floor. I would sort out the clothes into colour order once on the shop floor, not only would I be sorting and arranging the clothes but I would also be focusing on the display of the window or the display of the shop in general which was really fun as I love fashion. I would also be in charge of the till and taking payments from customers which made me more confident to engage with individuals from all different walks of life.

In Tenovus I have been learning how to work in retail and the expectations that retail expects you to know. I have been learning how to deal with customer satisfactions an dealing with customer complaints. My co - workers are amazing they really make me feel at ease and comfortable with working for the company, they are willing to help me with any problems I have, they are fun and loving to work with and I enjoy working with them. Even though we have fun while working we are still very professional in our work which I feel is important and it is extra important to have that balance.

The hardest part of the job I would say is the steaming of the clothes, only because you get rather hot and it is not very nice. When it comes to the most enjoyable part of the job there are a number of things, the co- workers make your day enjoyable but also getting to know customers who come into the shop daily and forming a bond with them is always something which I believe makes a good environment to work in.
Pros
getting together outside of work hours
Cons
steaming clothes
Tenovus
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barry in Wales6 April 2014
I moved to Wales, and needed to find a new job. I applied for a few but the one that I really wanted was Tenovus Charity. I had heard good reviews about the work that they did and also that it was a Welsh Charity that had started by 10 business men hence the name Tenovus. The interview went well and I was accepted for the job. I worked 5 years for the Charity and covered for a number of shops in my role as manager, attending meetings, and various fundraising events. My time there was a small shop with a big heart and I felt we made a big impact on local community.
Pros
Experince
fun workplace
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  glos18 October 2013
as this is a voluntary position it is good that the managers make it an enjoyable place to work, and makes you want to offer more of your time.
Fun, Productive place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  WLS18 June 2013
It is a fun place to work and we all work well togeather as a team i have gained experience in cash handling, customer service, remerchandising displays and processing deliveries. I am also proficient in processing donated stock and preparing it for the shop floor. The managment is brilliant and are very helpful and i enjoy working for them.