Tenovus

Tenovus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
This gave a good insight into the world of retail stores and completely supported my goal in being able to contribute to the community. My superiors were kind and appreciate my help.
Extremely sad that this potentially awesome charity that has provided amazing support to cancer patients across Wales is so wasteful of charity donations and out of touch with budgeting and spending. Making redundancies in areas that hit cancer patients hardest whilst still highly paying too many managers. Jobs for theboys. Too little care for staff, and their well-being sadly.
Pros
Mostly great colleagues. Amazing support face to face in outreach locations across Wales.
Cons
Very clicky. Wasteful of funds. Too many managers being too highly paid.
It was nice to work for Tenovus and I enjoyed being with the team. It was a relaxed environment, however, on some days it could be fast paced.

I finished at Tenovus as it closed down.
Pros
good workin environment
Cons
no salary
Its a really nice charity shop to work at the staff are lovely its a charity shop which sell clothes childrens clothes house hold items shoes hand bags and childrens toys
A typical day at work would include a variety of different tasks, every day was different. The most enjoyable part of the job without a doubt would be getting to sort out all the bags of donated items and making them fit for sale which also included working out their worth. The management was absolutely fantastic and we always worked together in unity along with all the other volunteers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get through all of the donations we had received as our stock room was small therefore we had to work at a considerably fast rate. Tenovus is a very diverse company and their goals were always to make a positive impact and a happy/fun environment to work in.
Pros
Friendly volunteers
Cons
Messy workspace
tagging clothes, steaming clothes poor working conditions always cold no heating shop upstairs and downstairs needs a lot of work to be done there needs a facelift
Sort out garments
Deciding what was of good quality and can go for sale

How to prioritise my workload

How to interact with my peers

Friendly work culture

No hard parts to the employment

All of it
Pros
team mates
Cons
I couldn’t of asked for a better team to work with at tenevous. Such a hardworking, genuine team who (quite clearly) are happy to help anyone they can. I’ve always wanted to volunteer and they made my experience such a positive one.

Throughout my time at tenevous I have learnt a number of skills, such as pricing items, stocking them up, using a till, customer service, the list goes on.
Pros
Lovely, hardworking team
Cons
Not paid.
I have learnt how to work well with customers and I have enjoyed
the company and I would recommend to other people.

I have learnt to use the till and arrange the shop ready for customers in the morning.
Pros
getting to meet and learn new skills
Cons
no cons
they where all very friendly and helpful. there was a nice atmosphere. you where made to feel as though you could reach your full potential. helped me to be able to get a full time job. would go back a work for them again.
The staff members who assisted me in my initial encounter with the store were extremely helpful and welcoming. The overall environment was very friendly which is what made me happy to Volunteer there for the time that I did.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Sometimes repetitive work
I enjoy working for Tenovus, I have learned how to use the tills and clean the shop floor the right way, my co-workers are absolutely lovely. I love going in to work
Pros
working, my co-workers
enjoyed the experience working in retail industry

overall a nice enjoyable place to volunteer
While working at Tenovus, I would first start out by steaming the clothes which would then go on to the shop floor. I would sort out the clothes into colour order once on the shop floor, not only would I be sorting and arranging the clothes but I would also be focusing on the display of the window or the display of the shop in general which was really fun as I love fashion. I would also be in charge of the till and taking payments from customers which made me more confident to engage with individuals from all different walks of life.

In Tenovus I have been learning how to work in retail and the expectations that retail expects you to know. I have been learning how to deal with customer satisfactions an dealing with customer complaints. My co - workers are amazing they really make me feel at ease and comfortable with working for the company, they are willing to help me with any problems I have, they are fun and loving to work with and I enjoy working with them. Even though we have fun while working we are still very professional in our work which I feel is important and it is extra important to have that balance.

The hardest part of the job I would say is the steaming of the clothes, only because you get rather hot and it is not very nice. When it comes to the most enjoyable part of the job there are a number of things, the co- workers make your day enjoyable but also getting to know customers who come into the shop daily and forming a bond with them is always something which I believe makes a good environment to work in.
Pros
getting together outside of work hours
Cons
steaming clothes
I moved to Wales, and needed to find a new job. I applied for a few but the one that I really wanted was Tenovus Charity. I had heard good reviews about the work that they did and also that it was a Welsh Charity that had started by 10 business men hence the name Tenovus. The interview went well and I was accepted for the job. I worked 5 years for the Charity and covered for a number of shops in my role as manager, attending meetings, and various fundraising events. My time there was a small shop with a big heart and I felt we made a big impact on local community.
Pros
Experince
Cons
as this is a voluntary position it is good that the managers make it an enjoyable place to work, and makes you want to offer more of your time.
It is a fun place to work and we all work well togeather as a team i have gained experience in cash handling, customer service, remerchandising displays and processing deliveries. I am also proficient in processing donated stock and preparing it for the shop floor. The managment is brilliant and are very helpful and i enjoy working for them.