Play YouTube video button
Telford College

Telford College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
progressive place to work
Positive organisation where individuals given opportunity to develop. A good organisation with a strong management structure. Good people and great students
Toxic atmosphere, micromanagement, bullying
Toxic atmosphere, micromanagement, bullying, short staffing, excessive workloads, lack of facilities.
The college used to be a great place to work, but when the government started reducing financing and increasing workloads in FE the atmosphere began to change.

Almost everyone has been forced out through illness, bullying or stress.
Dreadful. Very, very stressful work place
A really horrible place to work with a culture of bullying from senior managers. Students were aggressive, undisciplined and of extremely low ability. You do not make a difference there. It is horrible and best avoided.
Voice an opinion and management will ensure you are gone!
I was just on work experience
I was just on work experience.

In general, the experience for me was beyond great. It was my first taste of a working environment and I relished within it.

I did not do much though as I was only there for a week.
Telford New College
My experience at the New College was pleasant, my manager was very supportive and we had regular one to ones which were very helpful.

When we moved to Telford College, I did not enjoy working across two departments which clearly had a different way of working. It was quite stressful and I didn’t enjoy going to work.
Awful work place
Awful work place with discrimination. They don’t value or support their staff. Place the students in the wrong courses ( most of the students don’t have foundation to the courses they doing). Very poor management.
Good place
Loved working for the college, friendly relaxed atmosphere help when required. Would still like to be there but cuts had to be made and as I was only on 40 hours per month my position was ended.
Amazing Management
The team I worked with were real investors in people. Not only do you work for an educational establishment, but you receive this too from the amazing team around you.
awful place to work - avoid - toxic management
Big problems with middle and senior management.
Very unstable senior team. Worst issues are in Apprenticeship department. 3 heads of department in 12 months - one only lasted 6 weeks before leaving! Do not value their staff. Assessors and Sales staff treated very poorly - long history of all staff being bullied by department manager, often yelled and sworn at. High number of assessors on long term sick leave due to stress and anxiety caused by micro management.
Pros
nice canteen
Cons
bullying management culture
Poorly managed and chasing government funding
The management was poor with no staff support leading to too much pressure and stress. Discipline was lacking and class size greater than the number of chairs at times.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management and support
event
event went well was emergency work experience i will now copy and past this to fill the space. it was created for telford 50 and did not gain any profit.
Pros
work experience
Cons
work experience
Workexperience
This was work experience which i found quite enjoyable. work experience is quite laid back and not many issues however because its work experience there was no pay whatsoever.
Pros
easy
Cons
no pay(work Experience)
great experience & good place to work
Really enjoyed working here, they gave me the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of lecturing.
facilities with a restaurant enabled the students to develop their skills.

merger still taking time to settle down resulting in communication difficulties with the management
Pros
facilities great for teaching students
Cons
communication with management
Good
.Good experience needs a refresh, course was a little stop start with lots of people leaving the course, could have been full time 5 days a week to reduce the time.
education
1 years college course doing hospitality and catering level 1 learned alot about cooking was a good experience to do would definently be something i would like to do in the future as work

b
productive, fun and easy going
the staff are easy to get on with, the work is self explanatory, mostly light manual labour. you need a general understanding of live sound equipment and studio equipment.
Pros
free gigs
Cons
tiring work
Liked hair
My review of Telford college of arts and technology, tcat was not a good college I attended it didn’t really help me with what I needed to do, they didn’t help.
Pros
I got free lunches there
Cons
Not really far had to get a bus
Education
General place for education, duties include: planning, teaching, assessing full time students and apprentices.
College has great facilities and good equipment.
Enjoyable work placement
It was interesting to experience what it was like to work in the art department of TCAT. The staff were really friendly and I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
There wasn't much to do at times
Loved the job and meeting new people.The team and management were great and always supportive. Working away from home was part of the job as an assessor.
Pros
Meeting and helping people to complete their NVQ
Cons
Working away from home
Telford College
Telford College employs some fantastic teachers and trainers. It has slowly slipped down the educational rankings but I have loved working in the team I am in. We did not do well with OFSTED but I am sure the establishment is on its way to restoring some of its former kudos as a sector leader. It currently has a huge financial debt and this makes job security weak.
Pros
Dedicated staff.
Cons
It has had a pay freeze for 8 years