Teleperformance Employee Reviews

fun place yes!
Advisor (Former Employee) –  cape town Adderley street18 January 2018
This was an amazing place to work for
I could literally see what I work for at the end of the month
My salary would last me and my family for a whole month!
That was the best feeling ever to still have money left month end and get paid again
Pros
transport
Cons
delayed transport
It's a job, right?!
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
Seriously not a bad place to work for but I found progression to be slow and not very rewarding. You can progress there but it's prmarily a bum on seat type of job
Pros
There's always work there
Cons
Low pay - strict site rules -
work with good people
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newry, County Down17 January 2018
managing advisors on site and reporting to client. working along side good people who work hard and work together. hardest part is dealing with customer complaints
fun but challenging
Customer Service Advisor - Numerous Campaigns (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear14 January 2018
It's a pressure job but staff try to make it as easy as possible which is appreciated, the people working there make it a fun and mixed environment and the managers/team leaders/trainers are all friendly.
Lack of support and false promises
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire11 January 2018
Management didn’t care about you always sitting chatting and leave one or two mangers to deal with full floor. Training was a joke never got on systems until final week of training but should have been on them from day one.

If you try and help a fellow agent out you get into trouble even if management can’t be bothered to help or dont even know the answer as they dont keep up to date with what’s happening or news letters that’s sent out every day.

Always promised opportunities to have them taken away and over looked apply for positions and get nothing back from them within not even a unsuccessful this time.

It’s true what they say if the face fits
Pros
Cons
Bad shifts
Ok
E-ON Campaign Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gateshead9 January 2018
Ok place to work but hard work for the pay rate and the management is tough. The culture itself in work is ok there is a mix of people who are friendly enough.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No benefits
Decent work, but do not pay owed wages upon end of contract
Inbound Customer Service Operative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 January 2018
Being an inbound call handler was decent work, relatively stress free with very reachable targets.
But not being able to get your Pay Slips or Schedule sent to your personal email or printed out meant they have the power to change things or dispute things at their leisure. Including not paying owed Holiday Pay and not releasing P45s
Pros
Okay employer
Cons
do not pay owed holiday pay
no stability
Customer manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK9 January 2018
there is no stability with the hours of work or the campaign your on I just felt there was no support from the management team either and felt that the training was not adequate
15 January 2018

We are sorry to hear that you felt that way. Our aim is to provide our employees a stable job wherein they are given the training, guidance and support needed to be able to their job well. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations but we wish you all the best for the future!

Hothouse call centre work
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 January 2018
You'll be working within the building known as "the chicken shed" by the people who work there as it is hot, crowded and noisy, alongside people who are actually employed by Aviva but on far more favourable terms. When I was doing this job, one of the supervisors told her team that were absolutely not to take toilet breaks except during their own breaks. I left as it was totally impossible to hear customers over the general noise and the management were rude. I was misled at the interview, you won't get time to do admin that accrues as you work on peoples policies, you will be hag-ridden by the time management people who will nag you all the time you are not on the phone. Avivas IT is utterly awful. I've never seen a more terrible and difficult to use corporate IT system. Having used it, I would not buy any Aviva products.
Pros
Free bus from city centre
Cons
Noisy, bad IT, hothouse time management, rude supervisors
no help whatsoever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 January 2018
the 4 week training was useless. they don't adapt to people's different learning abilities as they now have a no-paper policy so you can't take notes. they don't go about how to deal with certain situations when you're new to the whole thing but only through the whole computer system. during training they put you straight onto the phones without covering everything so it puts you in very awkward positions when dealing with customers.

also there's no point in asking managers and coaches for help because they're not always there to help you when you've come across something you've never done before and some get annoyed when you request for help.

it makes you feel depressed and hate this job because you have no support at all. if you're sick you're in trouble and there's no point using the union to back you up when you have to go on sick leave because they just don't. it just shows that they don't care about your health and well-being.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
the staff just don't provide the help, makes you depressed
Cruel place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie3 January 2018
I work in this place under a month and the amount of managers that bully the agents is disgraceful it’s if your face fits but if it dosnt you’ll need to find a new job cause u won’t last long
nice company
Data Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch3 January 2018
Te company it self quite nice but with one big minus, they not pay enough for work what you doing for them and they have a far too many resrictions conected to data protection.
4 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We see to it our employees are treated well and given proper compensation while adhering to the rules and regulations set by the company. This is to ensure standards are met, sensitive data are protected and excellent customer service is provided. We're sorry we didn't meet your expectations but we wish you all the best for the future!

Basic wage
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow31 December 2017
Ok if working with agency as you'll be on a good rate of pay.....That's It! 2 cold water towers on a floor of 300+ people, no free tea or coffee, 1 fridge. I can see how teleperformance make money as they spend zero on the staff!!! Managers have it easy as they dont take escalations and you can wait an hour for some1 to take the call (if youre lucky). Its a good stop gap and if you want basic contact centre experience to atleast apply elsewhere for a better paying job. Pay is ridiculous and not worth the hassle you inevitably get in a contact centre
***salary noted below is for agency workers
Pros
City centre location of offices
Cons
Dickensian salary, little or no training, management poor
Do not give a care about staff
IT Support (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 December 2017
Worked for company for 13 years and got sold down the river by management just so they could save face. Flawless record until that point. They will talk up a lot about how they invest in staff and have a fantastic culture, but all they are bothered about is profit and margin, and will exploit staff to the fullest extent to achieve there aims.
Cons
they won the race to the bottom
customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Bangor16 December 2017
this employer has won the race to the bottom on all accounts. Very poor work/life balance, poor salary, punishment for being sick, punishment for being late, punishment for getting things wrong, inadequite training, Overall it's a last resort if you are stuck, would not reccommend unless desperate and facing homelessness or bankrupcy. The profit margins for this company are up in the recession because the wages are rock bottom, no sick pay, no benefits of any kind.
Pros
no heavy lifting
Cons
no compassion from this employer
18 December 2017

We are sorry to hear that you felt that way. Our goal is to see to it our employees are compensated properly while given the opportunity to maintain their work-life balance, enjoy their job and receive great benefits. Thank you for being candid with your review and we will make sure to take all these into consideration moving forward.

Good Team Spirit
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire12 December 2017
I enjoyed my time at Teleperformance
My day went in fast and I enjoyed the call types I was dealing with
The incentives to sell up were easily adapted and most of all I enjoyed working with the people I met
Pros
Local
Cons
Shifts
21 December 2017

That's good to hear! Our goal is to make sure our employees are efficient and effective, and at the same time, having fun. We appreciate your feedback and we wish you all the best!

terrible place to work!!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire11 December 2017
shocking company to work for... avoid at all costs!!
they care more about compliance than their employees.
the building is freezing and has been for years yet they do nothing about it.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything about the place
18 December 2017

We appreciate your honest review. We are committed to providing our employees a comfortable and pleasant work environment wherein they are treated well and valued. Kindly share your feedback with us at http://bit.ly/TPHR-form. All the best!

fun work environment
Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Glasgow9 December 2017
good work experience .
fun management and professional .
clean work space .
shifts pattens could of been better but okay.
also a caring environment to .
12 December 2017

Thank you very much for the positive comments. Our aim is to provide our employees a professional and fun environment wherein they are treated well, cared for and offered different types of work schedule. Please share your feedback with us at http://bit.ly/TPHR-form. All the best!

Other people very nice
Seller - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire5 December 2017
Shifts not very good . Management not very good. Left to get on with it. Not much training. Cold in the winter.

The hardest part of the job is trying to listen to the customer when the management is shouting.
Well experiencing
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 December 2017
This job has given me a lot of experience navigating system and multitasking to maximise my time while talking to member of the public. This has also given me experience with data protection and the financial sector.
6 December 2017

We're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Teleperformance. We see to it to equip our employees with enough training, skills and experience so they can do their job well and be ready with future career opportunities. All the best!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teleperformance. Our community is ready to answer.