Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

frustrating and undervalued
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  roseberry park5 December 2018
hotel services management can be patrinising they show no appriciation for your work treat you like children .they allow bullying and when its reported its pushed under the carpet, in this job its one rule for one and one rule for the other .I get on well with clinical staff and housekeepers but moral is very low due to lack of support and honesty.i enjoy the work i do BUT its never good enough its the pay and benefits that keeps most of the staff there .
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor management
boring
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire19 August 2018
boring place to work ridiculas rules for electricians that are not allowed to work in fuse boxes? but a joiner that is ap can? were is the common sense
Poor management
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire19 July 2018
Poorly ran with inept management with no background in nursing. Complete disregard for staff safety in what can be a very dangerous environment. Always short staffed and as long as training targets are being met for funding they don’t care
Pros
Enhanced hours
Cons
To much CQC involvement
Good team, sinking ship
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire21 May 2018
Enjoyed working with a team of caring individuals, however high workload, stress and poor funding.

Understaffed and not much job satisfaction. Sad to see colleagues struggling particularly with work life balance and work stress.

Would very strongly avoid community role if newly qualified band 5.
Pros
Supportive team. Lone working.
Cons
Extreme pressure on service. High workload.
Avoid
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough25 October 2017
It is unstaffed, underpaid, and management are rubbish.

If you enjoy being regularly attacked with no Response staff to come to your aid, or Attack Alarms not working, then this is the place for you. But in seriousness, it is simply too dangerous and ineffective at achieving the goal of optimum wellbeing for patients.

The environment is dangerous and unsafe, and can’t wait to get out of here.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
rewarding although metally draining at times.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseberry Park hospital20 May 2017
Assisting patients in making their breakfast.
Ensuring that all planned sessions and therapies are completed if possible.
Listening to patients and giving support when needed.
Assist patients in maintaining family contact and ensuring they understand things that are important.
I have learned that I am a very empathetic person who cares passionately about others.
I am confident when speaking to management and I have always been treated well from my ward managers.
The hardest part of the job is seeing a patient in so much distress and sometimes not being able to help them due to the height of their anxieties.
Watching Patients improve and move into the community.
I can honestly say I support and care for my patients very well and will assist and sometimes go above and beyond when needed.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Mental exaustion at times.
enjoyable
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough27 February 2017
The NHS is a great institution but shift pattern changes really lessened my ability to perform well. The staff are all hard working and management on the whole is supportive
Professional and hard-working environment
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire25 February 2017
My current position as Medical Secretary involves liaising with consultants and other medical staff in all aspects of mental health care in the community and within the wider NHS Trust.

A typical day at work would involve arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes, typing up and transcribing letters and reports from digital dictation. Checking and recording confidential information on our patient database system.

I have learned a lot about the role of a community based mental health team, the many facets of mental health illnesses and treatments, and have become familiar with the drugs and medical terms.

The management are very supportive and the workplace culture is hard-working but professional at all times, with all members of the team supporting each other.

The hardest part of the job is prioritising where there are many urgent jobs to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the time to have a friendly chat with my colleagues.
Pros
The time goes really quickly as we are so busy
Cons
Travelling to work in congested traffic is definitely something I would avoid if I could
Progressive employer
Cpn (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham14 February 2017
I have found my time working for this trust one of the best and I have worked in various areas in the country. They endeavour to be fair and supportive employers in a difficult climate of austerity.
Interesting workplace
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland24 May 2016
Working for Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation is very productive, challenging work. Having inspection of my work every 3 month keep my work in very high standard (97%). I am enjoying working there. I have attend few courses, they have helped me in understanding the service and service needs. I have learned in this y job what it is working hard, but being appreciated it. My management is very supportive, always there when I need them. The hardest part of this job is- does not exist.
Pros
Free courses
honored to work within the NHS
Staff Nurse (Learning Disabilities) (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG4 April 2014
The NHS is the back bone of our society and I feel priviledged to work within it.