Ted Baker Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Ted Baker - Sales Assistant - Christmas (Former Employee) –  Swindon23 September 2019
Good place to work, a really friendly atmosphere and all of the customers are always lovely. I would greet them at the door and they would always smile and have a friendly attitude.
Team member
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terminal 3 Heathrow airport1 September 2019
Staff are very clicky feels like you are back at school with all the gossip that goes around this also includes management. Work hours are very long although there may not be that many tasks set out to do. Payment are very good.
Pros
75% off for staff uniform
Cons
Long hours, too much gossiping among staff, management isn’t always fair
Awful
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Derby16 August 2019
Money is bad, no flexibility, hardly any training, no overtime, no progression. Expected to work even when you have personal circumstances going on which mean you physically cannot work.
Cons
Poor leadership with archaic procedures
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 August 2019
Avoid senior leadership positions. Example of slave labour with the expectations put on their management teams vs the salary received. Poor quality products that wash out easily.
Cons
Salary
Great work place !
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow25 May 2019
Great place to work lovely staff and environment not to mention the great discount , unfortunately some magement can be a bit picky and that has put me off a bit from working here:( and no social time with family cause shift work from being in a airport
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours . Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent8 May 2019
The store was always welcoming and fun to work. Confidence is key within such job, however, due to the large amount of customers who enter the store due to it's name every day.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 April 2019
I worked at Ted for just over a year.
Amazing atmosphere in work and I loved going in until the management changed. I was unnecessarily picked on by my new manager. Given bad shifts every week, moved away from where I was best (tills) for no reason, I was spoken about to other members of staff on several occasions and I generally was made to feel very uncomfortable. I was already leaving as I was moving but if I wasn't I would definitely have started to look for other jobs. The atmosphere and general feel of the shop changed when both the Manager and Deputy Manager left, became unnecessarily strict, stopped enjoying my job as much. I am a hard worker and loved my job so was nothing on my part that I had done.
It was such a shame as I have met some of my best friends here and genuinely did love the job and the amazing team. Gave me a lot of confidence in myself and had really beneficial training.
Good discount however it is limited per season (£550 per season for uniform).
If I had not had issue with management, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Good discount
fun work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  London25 March 2019
Great clothes and great brand that is well established and many oppertunities to progress at the time. You were well educatedabout the brand and their ethos.
Overall, a good place to work
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2019
Working within a small stockroom team, occasionally supporting the shop floor if needed, my key responsibilities included;
• Producing quality assured care for the products under a pressurised time limit in order to replenish stock.
• Keeping work space organised and maintained.
• Keeping stock-count of products in and out of the business through delivery.
• Customer assistance with a range of issues, including; sizing, availability and questions about a product that may have required in depth knowledge about the product.
Pros
75% discount
Cons
Very high, sometimes unrealistic expectations
amazing luxury brand to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2019
Very good discount. the overall environment is a nice place to work in. I was given long shifts but it was definitely worth it at the end. it is convenient to work because you could swap shifts with people
Pros
Good discount
Hilarious place for work
Senior Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London27 January 2019
To be honest I’m happy to be hair stylist but I got fed up at the moment and I’m thinking the time is came to change it anything in my life hopefully l.
Experience clothes for low salary
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 January 2019
I worked here full time 2018 the only Good thing about this company is getting your bag and going home .Working for minimum wage and all ages are on the same which I don’t agree on if you have lots of experience.The allowance was ok but after taking off the discount most items were still expensive and why should you buy a uniform so customers can buy it and put money into teds pocket .The days were very long and boring most of the time you unbag garments then two days later bag same stuff to go back in stockroom.The targets were never met so no extra money on top of poor salary .Best advice would be to steer clear in the last 4 months numerous staff have left and if you go on indeed regularly Ted Baker jobs are always on it .
Pros
Going home
Cons
Long hours, low pay boring long days very repetitive
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LONDON, UK18 December 2018
working with Ted Baker has taught me a lot.
It has taught me how to be Strong, how to handle difficult situations as well as how to look at things in a different way(work related).

the hardest part of the job was coming into terms with challenges and how to deal with them.
Pros
trainnings
Cons
at times extending hours
Professional and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon26 November 2018
Since being in this job, I've learned so much about the company. When I first started I was given a training manual to fill out with my manager over the course of one month, which was very insightful. I also was taught efficiently about how to give excellent customer service and support and how to take extra precautions to make sure my work station was immaculate.
Pros
75% discount!
Cons
short lunch breaks
Talkative
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester26 October 2018
Ted Baker can be fun to work at at times, however there can be times that aren't as fun. You get to talk to new people. You also get to put new outfits together.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
clothes can still cost alot.
Relaxed place to work
eCommerce (Former Employee) –  Camden Town, Greater London2 October 2018
Problem of communication between the teams and inside each individual team.
My experience with management was not satisfactory. In my team, three of my managers seriously need to be trained. You can't become a manager from one day to another without learning how to manage people and support them in their work.
People are very individualistic, not not working at all as a whole team. Problem of organisation and decisions taken at the last moment without any explanation resulting in a waste of time and work, which gives a lot of frustration.
Pros
parties organised by the company
Cons
lack of organisation
Do not work for Ted Baker Kingston
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London27 September 2018
Ted Baker Kingston Is not the place to work as management is not great. However Ted Baker as a company is good just got to find the best place for you. Kingston store made me hate retail for many reasons and the turn over was very high people always leaving after a few months.
Pros
good people around you made friends
Cons
management and not good pay for what we had to do
Void Retail unless your desperate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom30 August 2018
Very fake management materialistic and had favourites it was all about profit as retail is not worth the stress it’s a very old fashioned company when it comes to putting people first I’d definitely recommend anyone looking to go into retail to choose very carefully what company you go for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Structure
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 August 2018
Ted Baker as a company is great to work for, great concessions and benefits. However the management at Wimbledon branch is a lot to be desired and lets the Ted Brand down. .
Pros
Work for Ted is a pro in its self
Cons
management
lovely team
No ordinary Designer Assistant sales/stockroom (Former Employee) –  London areas.5 August 2018
good experience, a lot of room for self progression. overall amazing experience.

All round great experience, uniform was amazing, plenty on choice.

strict on punctuality, don't be late =]
Pros
supportive team and managers
Cons
high responsibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ted Baker. Our community is ready to answer.