Technicolor

Technicolor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom56 reviews
The demands of the industry are such that the periodic workloads can be unpredictable and therefore can be challenging if you are not used to working in a such an environment.
Best salary ever seen!
Cool atmosphere and wonderful working hours!

Working 24/7 and stop when u want.

Entertaining and easy job.

Repeating the same easy interesting tasks, freedom like and smart environment with training as you go
Pros
10/10
I would say that the staff is alright and the management is not that bad, but there is an agencey in site that treats their staff with no responsibility. I had problems with the taxes when I start, after just 2 weeks problems with the payments and so on.. Seems that they don't really care and the management is not taking any action. But yeah, I belive its not the worst agency in the UK but I'm sure that is far from a good one.
Stock Control - Responsible for ensuring stock is correctly issued, received and maintained. Responsible for conducting weekly stock checks. Ensure relevant Supplier Serial Numbers are entered onto the relevant systems to enable tracking of individual items. Correctly quarantined, cleaned and re-packed. Ensuring paperwork is correctly documented, logged and filed creating a clear audit trail. Closing down Orders - Responsible for closing down all
collection orders completed from the previous day. Responsible for raising new documentation to start the decontamination process .Labeling of stock - Responsible for labeling all products within the warehouse with relevant part numbers, serial numbers etc. Purchase Orders - Responsible for receiving in all stock via purchase orders both physically and electronically. Responsible for raising and logging GRN's. Depot - Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Depot. Ensure good housekeeping at all times. Special Stock -Responsible for logging special orders and communicating receipts to Customer Services Picking Orders - Responsible for picking stock for all orders. Responsible for labeling stocks with relevant order numbers and patients names. Repairs - Responsible for carrying out repairs when required to do so.

Administration -Responsible for all paperwork issued to them. Must carry out paperwork within the Millbrook procedures/guidelines.

Communication - Responsible for communicating any problems to their supervisor.

Stock take - to assist with annual and interim stock takes as required.

Knowledge of supply chain
 - more...
Poor management and very poor pay for central London.
They don’t like to promote from within, they are very set on employing people with skills already in place.

Some people were lovely to work with, but the environment just wasn’t pleasant in the slightest
I don't remember much to be honest this is actually annoying I just want to job search and apply for jobs not bloody review these places all the time!
Calm enviroment
Friendly enviroment

Friendly people

Easy job

Light job
Cons
Temporary position through agency
Good place to work. Despite the changes in the DVD market Technicolor still stands strong and gives you the opportunity to learn a bit more about the movie industry.
Pros
Free DVD boxes each christmas
Cons
Quite busy in Q4
The job itself is so boring the staff are rude and put allot of pressure on you when you are working for such little money. I would only recommend this as a part time job as doing this repetitively causing lots of back problems and injury’s and isn’t worth the risk for what you are paid.Their are lots more opportunities out their with much higher potential for advancement into bigger areas this has no potential at all.
Pros
You are employed on contract so can come in when you want
Cons
Rubbish hours, pressure from management and repetitive strain caused to body
very chilled wearhouse work and nice people to work with you have to have patients to work there because you just mostly stand there and pack boxes on a daily bases.
i had a good experience with technicolor and i learn a lot there.
i had fun time and met new peoples and more and more

i learn to work in the group and more
I got an opportunity to work as an administration assistant which gave me experience working in an office. The office culture was quite fun. Everybody worked hard but played hard also.
Very nice working colleagues though managerial staff could be very standoffish. A nice working environment clean and not too dirty. A time consuming security system which delays start time and finish time.
I did not enjoy working at Techicolor. This was one of my first jobs in the UK and was only a temporary source of money. I was working through an Agency, so I cannot given my honest opinion about Technicolor.
Pros
Source of easy money
Cons
Heavy lifting
Strong customer service and communication skill team player who works well when unsupervised adaptable to different working

Environts handworking reliable and ntural promble solver who meets
Pros
Security
Cons
Warehouse
Didint liked over there due to the poor and moody managment who is acting like a jail keeper
They motivate people by threatening them as i remember...
Working under the Director of Digital Media - I was provided with a lot of opportunities to explore the various roles in the company. Spending time at post-production facilities in both Lexington Street (Soho) and in Perivale.

It was a great experience and valued gaining insight into file management and distribution.
Pros
Free Phone
Cons
I could have stayed there longer!
The worst thing I found about working for Technicolor was the poor IT facilities. The HR function is poorly organised and you will often find yourself working beyond 6.00pm without additional pay.
There is an expectation of you to work beyond 6 everyday and constant disruption to get things done because of pointless meetings.

This company will expect you to be loyal but will not give any in return.

There is an air of misery at Technicolor, particularly in the Post Production and HR departments.

Unfortunately the ambition of this company stops at the top level of management and does not trickle down any further.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues who for the most part shared my sentiments.

UK employment policies and multiculturalism seemed to go out of the window when the management from France got involved.

I would advise HR and Finance staff not to take opportunities here - especially not permanent. For production and creative professionals I would say only work here for on a freelance basis.
Cons
Staff are poorly paid, too much corporate nonsense, the management from France do not appreciate the UK work culture.
Technicolor is a great place to work. As long as you are doing your job, management is very friendly and understanding. You will definitely enjoy working here.
Good Work and get a lot of experience, about team work and commutative with other team mates, work at hight performance to finish work at time as planned.
A typical day at work always allowed me time to start new a analysis of data I felt the Management would appreciate.
The Management seemed to change quite often.

The workplace culture seemed to be that everyone simply got on with their job even though it was not always clear why it was being done.

I did not find any of it to be overly hard to do.

It was always enjoyable when I was given a new task and left to figure out how it was going to be done.
Pros
It gave me some new challenges to solve
Cons
Middle Management did not always understand why some things were done