Tech Data

Tech Data Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
Good warehouse but compulsory overtime wasn't for me. On the job training was poor but the MHE training was very good. Management team is professional and helpful.
No support from managers, all they Care about is how much money you make the company. If Declined holidays, cold calling and 0 support is what your after it’s the right job for you
i enjoyed my time at tech data, I think that was down to the team i was working in being very welcoming and settling quickly. they are fair with how it works with breaks allow one cigarette break in the morning and one in the afternoon you still revive a lunch hour and they have a few benefits that will cone in handy for people when they want/need to use them for example dental and you can request health insurance through the company but this does come at a slight cost to yourself.

all in all i would say that if your thinking about joining them do even if its not quite what you want to do, as it will keep you going until you find what you need
At first everything seemed fine, and then you realise the targets are unrealistic, the pay is terrible, people that brown nose get the credit for your work, management go to the pub for a couple hours, and then come back and ask you why you haven't hit your target!
They treat you like an absolute pawn. Overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
9 to 5 office job
Cons
Terrible pay, extreme stress, nobody cares, terrible training, allot of favoritism and grouping of people, not about how well you do your job but its about who likes you.
Techdata was a great opportunity to office works, the staff are very friendly and good management.

You are set tasks per day and look after multiple companies
Pay is okay, good commission and incentives but management are awful, don’t care about their staff, rude and bullies! Would not recommend working here
Good stepping stone for your career. They dont pay very well but are relaxed and willing to train you. which helps you learn a lot and grow. There are loads of benefits which come with the job like private healthcare, pensions etc. Underpaid my commission every quarter and still waiting for some of it back. Career progression is available if you are over the age of 30.... complicated story but they dont see the value in young people. I liked it but payroll and management drove me to leave.
Fast paced environment, made fun by activities and competitions. Management supportive and approachable.

The only thing I wasn't keen on was that the office was almost call centre style.
Felt bad just about management and extra hours. There you must finish all day targets, no matters what time that will be. Sometimes finishing earlier, sometimes late. Anyway all hours are paid fair :)
Fair pay, good collaboration. Always something different to do.
Learned a lot about the overall industry and have kept in touch with like minded individuals.
Relaxed work place, good team to work with.

Good work environment, nice staff facilities. Good kitchen and good tea coffee facilities.

Relaxed atmosphre.

Good colleagues atmosphere
Company without respect to workers, untrusted management.
Normal practice for company sacked long time employees.Also HR department always trying broke Employment,s laws.
Pros
Cons
No stability
Back in 2007 this was an incredibly young, fast paced distribution company. Many great people had worked and were working here. Thoroughly recommended as a start to your working life.
Pros
Every day is different - lots of fun
Cons
Expect long hours and
It's hard to list my time at Tech data due to redundancy and at month end working till 10 at night with no extra reward to the manager in place. The work life balance was not great but the people in the team made a great sector to work.
Pros
xmas party
Cons
long hours and unpaid
typical warehouse get on with your job and no appreciation
Good in as usual palets moves in u book it in and then put them away on flt thats about it watt u will do for next 3 years if u apply
Pros
Cons
boring job
Sadly not a company for me.

Although my time working with teams at this company where good times the actually company ethics were not for me.

Sales in Sales out Teams in Teams out.

May have changed now with new management so could give the benefit of the doubt
I have been here for a year and a half and it has been a brilliant workplace. The team are really friendly and the managers are very supportive, overall the company is very successful.
no day was a normal day. the variation of the work from day to day was good. it was extremely friendly. very social culture with lots of activities which is for all employees
Pros
friendly
Cons
travel
No people over 55 years working for Dimension

Was told by a young colleague in IT desktop support who was extremely lazy and came in 30 minutes late every morning that I should retire because I am over 55 and give someone younger the chance of getting a Job even though I was working harder than him getting in early and staying late.

HR are told me to raise a grievance and then did nothing to support me even though there were witnesses.

This has to be the worst company I have worked for the sales area was dirty and people where crammed in and the IT department is backward and has no ITIL methodology
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ageism, terrible wages, does not embrace change, runs 10 year old IT equipment for user sales staff beg from suppliers for new laptops
OK place to work, good people. Good locations. Great portfolio of products from home to the data centre. Good Networking and security vendors and ability to demo.
great place in general to work, very fast paced and energetic young company - lots of prospects and enjoyable, The workplace culture is not what im used to howvere thats not a bad thing