Tech Data Employee Reviews

Redundancy
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire23 January 2019
It's hard to list my time at Tech data due to redundancy and at month end working till 10 at night with no extra reward to the manager in place. The work life balance was not great but the people in the team made a great sector to work.
Pros
xmas party
Cons
long hours and unpaid
Sadly didn't fit for me
Executive PA to European HR Director, COO (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire15 January 2019
Sadly not a company for me.

Although my time working with teams at this company where good times the actually company ethics were not for me.

Sales in Sales out Teams in Teams out.

May have changed now with new management so could give the benefit of the doubt
Good workplace
Sales Operations Exectutive (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire13 December 2018
I have been here for a year and a half and it has been a brilliant workplace. The team are really friendly and the managers are very supportive, overall the company is very successful.
nice atmospher
Training Coordinator/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire12 November 2018
no day was a normal day. the variation of the work from day to day was good. it was extremely friendly. very social culture with lots of activities which is for all employees
Pros
friendly
Cons
travel
Very age prejudice
Senior 2nd Line/Network Support Basingstoke (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire12 November 2018
No people over 55 years working for Dimension

Was told by a young colleague in IT desktop support who was extremely lazy and came in 30 minutes late every morning that I should retire because I am over 55 and give someone younger the chance of getting a Job even though I was working harder than him getting in early and staying late.

HR are told me to raise a grievance and then did nothing to support me even though there were witnesses.

This has to be the worst company I have worked for the sales area was dirty and people where crammed in and the IT department is backward and has no ITIL methodology
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ageism, terrible wages, does not embrace change, runs 10 year old IT equipment for user sales staff beg from suppliers for new laptops
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home Based30 October 2018
OK place to work, good people. Good locations. Great portfolio of products from home to the data centre. Good Networking and security vendors and ability to demo.
Fun Workplace
Sales Operations Executive (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke14 August 2018
Fun day to day, No yearly pay increases which is rare for an office.
Would recommend this company, great management and co-workers.
Great training with the job.
Management care about their bonuses & nothing else
Vendor Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire14 June 2018
The numbers are priority & the senior management team (not all, but majority) see their staff as disposable and easily replaceable & will have no qualms about throwing their team under the bus to protect themselves.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Poor management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Magna Park22 April 2018
A very pleasant place to work, great team , great management targets easy to realize, easy tasks, clean and very well organized, new equipment, overall great place to work.
Pros
Presents for every occasion
Well organised and fun
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke9 March 2018
Management was very friendly and always able to chat from the beginning of my Tech Data experience to the end.

Workload was manageable and well-organised. The team would always look out for one another.

Exciting days out and team building exercises

Unfortunately, little room for progression and a low salary which did not fit with future desires (i.e. a mortgage)
Pros
Energetic team, fun working environment
Cons
low salary
busy work enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park27 February 2018
you need a good work ethic,wages are good,would recommend working there,on the whole it is well managed,if you are willing to work hard it is a rewarding job
Pros
wages
Cons
hours can be long
Not the World's largest distributor for nothing - but room for improvement
HPE Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire29 December 2017
The company is set up to provide thousands of customers with excellent customer service, and provide IT equipment across all technology sets with ease. The people I worked with are great and are always looking to better themselves. I only feel that the organisation could/needs to do more to provide the same level of service to the enterprise IT industry. I feel this is the area which lets the organisation down, and if effectively keeping their competition in business.The current set up o this side of the business quite often prevents you from being able to offer the level of service you want and the customer expects, so can create issues for both parties.
Best place i've worked in
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire12 December 2017
Excellent and very friendly culture within the teams which creates the real bond and family feeling. Room to progress if time and hard work inputted. Good work is usually recognized by peers. Line manager was very professional and supportive, with no feeling of being micro managed. Employees who want to progress are always pushed in positive way to get the best out of themselves and most people are willing to help.
Friendly
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke22 November 2017
A brilliant place to work , many happy outgoing and friendly people and the work day was easy, fun and very manageable with your social life. the hardest part of the job for me was commuting as i lived away from the area.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, comfortable working conditions
Cons
Management do not listen to suggestions
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire28 September 2017
Found management to be unsupported.

They value revenue more than employees.

Role was fast paced with extreme pressure, so not enjoyable environment to work in
Cons
Long hours, no lunch breaks, unwilling to provide support
enjoyable working enviroment
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire11 May 2017
my day to day responsibilities are managing off accounts and the monthly targets of cash collections, resolving of queries by the customer and by the sales department to ensure all invoices are paid by the customers agreed payment terms
Pros
very enjoyable people and management to work with
Cons
yealry salary
Highly recommend - excellent place to work
Nutanix & Lenovo DCG Business Manager (Current Employee) –  England26 February 2017
Excellent place to work. I am leaving due to personal circumstances to move from the UK to Canada. Superb management with lots of support for creativity.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Could communicate through the organisation more effectively.
progress
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke13 July 2016
looking to progress, redundancy happening in Finance. overall good time at Tech Data but no room to grow and now job's at risk
Willing to discuss on call
Marketing & Event Executive (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke22 April 2016
My current role is very varied. I manage the UK corporate events on my own and manage the Public Sector quarterly marketing campaigns.
Work life
Internal Sale Executive (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke3 January 2016
Techdata is a fantastic company to work for, but i am looking for new challenges and a career progression which will allow me to earn more money and learn new skills.

On a day to day basis i would be on the phones speaking to my account with the intention of discovering new opportunities, take out our call out day message and updating them on passed orders and quotes that we would be working on.

I have learnt a lot while at Techdata including turbo sales skill, account management and generally a lot about the industry and how it all works.

The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with issues that have been caused by another department, as account manager and point of contact if things go wrong the customer will vent at you and expect you to resolve the issues as soon.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers when there are up against a tight ETA and you help them resolve this or if they have had an issue with another distributor meaning that you can steal the business though good customer service.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tech Data. Our community is ready to answer.

Tech Data Reviews by Location