TeamSport Indoor Karting

TeamSport Indoor Karting Employee Reviews

Experience
It’s okay working for the company however, I feel like I’m not paid enough especially for how old I am and for the amount of hours I work within a month.
The TeamSport family
The best company I’ve worked for to date. The management is fair, understanding and stern when needed. Great bunch of people always smiling and laughing however the pay and hours can be difficult at times but if you have a passion for racing this will be your home.
They have events, training days and online assessments to progress, There’s plenty of training provided it’s up to you to apply it.
Really bad do not apply
Favouritism from management, no breaks, they don't train co workers properly, customer satisfaction being put before legal workers rights/safety.
Do not apply. You do not want to work here.
Productive and fun
every day can be different, no day is the same, to can learn new skills all the time, you can also work in different areas of the company easy to expand you skill set.
Overall amazing place to work at
Team sports is overall a great place to work especially for young people however the pay rate could be better. Other than that it has amazing colleagues and great management
Avoid!
Worked at the Birmingham Branch. Unfair treatment, some staff can leave shift whenever they feel like it and be lazy (sitting in the office all day whilst you are running groups or on track) and managers will be fine with this yet you will be made to stay how ever long it takes to get jobs done on a usual understaffed day, sometimes work up to 1:30am but heard of people leaving later on some shifts (3ish in rarer cases). Staff leave plates and mugs around to go mouldy and you'll be responsible to clean up after them on top of any sick on track.

Unprofessional, staff play music with swearing and swear in front of children. Some managers and staff treat you like dirt. Got threatened by another staff member on several occasions including in front of a manager who did nothing. Managers ignore your availability and allocate shifts to who their favourite people are despite who works the hardest or gets most nps/sales (I started on 40/50 hours and they cut me to 11 with no explanation). Made this company so much money being top of sale and making just under £900 some months and have not seen any bonus while I've been here. Health and safety is non-existent at this branch- my foot got trapped in a kart but managers did nothing and expected to keep working, heavy lifting karts and gradually poisoned by carbon monoxide as pod fans break often. Equipment failure like lights danger customers and the managers will just tell you to deal with it while there is a crash and you need a red light to appear (have 3 different colour lights on track sometimes).

No break even if you're on a
 - more...
Manager
Was promised a role that was then changed so therefore they changed my position but said that if I do office work I'll get 8£ and if I do event hosting I'll get 7.20, the funny thing was I never chose this dual position. Even when I was an event host I'll be most of the time doing bar, late night and I couldnt go until I cleaned up everhthing. The most annoying thing was that I did not even get paid for the office work I had did.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, the Basildon site is horrendously run by untrained children, managers don’t care and don’t pay you for all the hours worked. Don’t take time off sick as they won’t pay you for that eother
Pros
I now know never to work here
all ways somthing new
great meeting people and every race is a new one and great to see the kids racing thay could be the next f1 drivers on the world and you meet footballers and stars
Hours:Pay
Hard work and long hours with minimal wage. Always ridiculous bookings on the day planner especially late ones making so you have to work later as the ROTAS aren’t structured well and head office do not care about the safety and welfare of the track team. Great job for part timers but don’t let them take your for a mug as health problems will arise after being on track for too long breathing in fumes.
Dont blame track managers
Dont blame duty managers. Regional managers and their bosses snatch credit from track managers as theirs and are quick to blame and penalise for any negatives. This worsens all attitudes lower down the ladder.
They are arrogant and proud of it
Exciting
As the members manager at teamsport north london track my role is exciting and adventurous. I am always challenging myself and my colleagues to hit targets and as we have had a new GM our track is moving onwards and up things are starting to change for the best. Our customers/members are growing day by day which gives our team new challenges and gives us the best opportunitie to smash nps/upsales
Average
Working with Teamsport has really opened my eyes to see what really happens in the kitchen of a go karting place as you see the bad side and good side but it is really interesting to see different atmosphere as one minute someone can be fine the next they can change but the environment and Teamsport I would rate it and 4 out of 5 but that is because customers come and have a go at you and ruin your day or weekend.
Don't waste your time
Former Marshall at team sport Oldbury
Long hours for minimum wage

Poor management who are unprofessional and act like chavs

Allow bullying in the workplace by turning a blind eye

Petrol fumes which make your hair and clothes smell

If they take a disliking to you then they will cut your hours down for no reason whatsoever
Fast paced, long hours, no breaks
The customer interaction was the best part of this job, as nobody would go with the intention to be in a bad mood. Often arguments or fights would be stopped, but kids always loved the racing.
Very fast paced place to work, long hours but the team work and friendliness of customers makes shifts easier. Some decisions made by management could be disagreed with, but without a management role nobody was qualified to make a comment on this. Some members of staff should not have been there for the length of time they were employed, took management too long to notice problems.

Very poor management by the company of legal break times, and individual members of staff wishing to complain about management should have a support network and not be bullied or leave the job.
Pros
Quick training in lots of roles
Cons
Long hours, Poor track management, Incompetent members of staff not fired
Great Staring Point for Experience, Not so great for the long term.
When you start, You receive the borderline basic of training for your position. I mean this in the literal sense. If you don't know anything beyond this point, you either have to A. Ask a manager or B. Learn for yourself.

Some days can be rather calm, others however, can be a nightmare. With racing as the main focus you can expect people to take things too seriously and ruin the magic for others.

You are expected to go above and beyond for the customers, which is fair enough in and of itself, but for the minimum rate of pay possible and a bonus which not all staff members get/work toward it can feel a bit suffocating at times.

The team of workers you work alongside can be some of the best people you'll ever meet. When it comes to teamwork, the company flourishes in this aspect. You never feel alone when working for TeamSport.

The reward system is nice enough. With a good amount of holiday days (though you can't book a holiday... in the holidays. Due to being in the entertainment industry) and birthday bonuses among other things. And the discounted snack bar items and go-karting sessions are a positive plus.

If i were to accurately give TeamSport a score out of 5, It would be in the region of 3.8/5. A great starting point for anyone looking to pick up a few extra pennies over a weekend, but not so great for a permanent full time living job.
Pros
Discounted snack bar items, Discounted Go-Karting, Builds Teamworking skills
Cons
Late night finishes, Long Shifts, Pier Pressure, Low Pay, High hours
Great place, Great Team
I've worked here just over a year and a half. The people I've met and the skills I've gained arent something you'll get in most jobs. Relationships between the team as a centre are good, reliable and it's a positive environment to work in.

Highly reccomend this if you want a job that is different everyday and fun. :)
Do not work here
I started working at this company over a year ago, it started off great. Soon enough I started having issues with hours, lack of breaks, not enough time between finishing shifts in the evening and starting the next morning, being bullied by a manager which took over 3 weeks for the ‘main manager’ to sort out as they could not care less about their staff! When you stop falling for their lies and refuse to be treated in these ways you get fired, so don’t even waste your time! They also refuse to give pay rises despite being a hard worker! Money-grabbers who think £6 can be lived off.
Interesting work place
The Staff and Management is amazing a really close family of different people, the pay isn't great at all for what your job role requires but the rewards are incredible including day outs at different and exciting places.
Work 6 days a week 2hours weekdays and 2,30h weekends. Start the job in the morning from around 7-9.
Working for teamsport is quite calm as i work 13h weekly 6 days a week and i go there in the mornings, open the store before customers come or around the time staff enters, clean the store 2-3h and then my job is done.
Not worth it.
Very poor management,
Unstable staff,

Unorganised work,

Useless pay,

Not worth it.

I used to work in Edmonton teamsport and left back in June. It was for the best as I was not enjoying myself at all. The management are over powering and the staff are lazy.

Pay is minimum wage.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeamSport Indoor Karting. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6