• Update all systems to be more user friendly and easier to navigate
• Review workers wages based on the time spent with TeamSport
• Upgraded work equipment
• Update the training guidebook to better fit with new staff expectations
Well since i havent worked they long enough to have an opinion on how to make it a better work place, but working there i can say is pretty alright overall.
Develop a better more regular booking system. This may include a set number of non-changeable blocks of groups though out each day, less of a sales lead approach with booking for example booking is designed to get as many drivers into a race that is allowed however this usually causes the race quality for the drivers to lessen so maybe offer a system that calculates the least busy race for your group size over a the whole week/weekend. Develop a better way to stay in touch with members and racers so possibly an app that allows you to track your lap time progression book on to races and see what the group sizes are before booking.
- What questions did they ask during your interview at TeamSport Indoor Karting?4 people answered
- Do they pay weekly or monthly?3 people answered
- What would you suggest TeamSport Indoor Karting management do to prevent others from leaving?3 people answered
- What is the TeamSport Indoor Karting employee discount?3 people answered
- Is it a group interview?3 people answered
- Can you work for teamsport if your a member3 people answered
- How are the working hours at TeamSport Indoor Karting?3 people answered
- How does someone get hired at TeamSport Indoor Karting? What are the steps along the way?3 people answered
- What is the interview process like at TeamSport Indoor Karting?2 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of TeamSport Indoor Karting?2 people answered