Teaching Personnel Pay & Benefits reviews

Avoid this company
Teacher of Science (Former Employee) –  northamptonshire10 August 2018
Teaching personal that likes to underpay teachers well below what other agencies pay. Much better teaching agencies out there who will give teachers a rate that they deserve. Also had isssues recieving the correct pay and on time from this company.Avoid them if you can,
Pros
non
Cons
low pay
Good opportunity
Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East11 September 2017
Good opportunity lack to find permanent positions ring at very short notice not good for single parents however decent pay and good experience would be better if they actually took time to help find what you really want
The worse supply agency
Teacher primary (Former Employee) –  Cornwall8 September 2017
Ridiculous reference expectations. No opportunity to work.
Poor communication and no understanding of anything.
Pay rates are way too low, below a normal teacher's wage.
Excellent communication
cover supervisor (Current Employee) –  bradford30 August 2017
fantastic place to work. Always gave me work and tailored to my needs. Great daily pay rates. Weekly pay. I would start work around 8:30 and leave around 3:30. Teaching Personnel would always give feedback and check how you are enjoying the school.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short term
It's flexible
Teaching Assistant Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
Flexible You get to choose what job you take
It's good in the sense that you can have work in locations you choose to have
Downside - can be waiting for ages until a job is available
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long waiting time
good agency
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 May 2017
Found me regular, long term work.

Plenty of opportunities.

Reasonable pay and condition, helpful staff. Always worked hard at the Sheffield Branch.

A good agency.
Pros
regular work
Cons
rates opf pay
Easy to contact Teaching Agency
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire30 April 2017
A fairly typical supply teaching agency. I found that they had good knowledge of the local area and were very easy to talk to. They paid an average wage.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Sometimes inconsistent
Good atmosphere but salary not the best.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 April 2017
Great people and a good atmosphere over the phone and in person however jobs were as frequent or as suitable as promised and wage was below competitors.
Fantastic support and career development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire28 March 2017
Since joining 4 years ago i have been supported throughout my time with the company. I have successfully worked my way up to splitting a a team from a branch and now i manage this team. We have plenty of fun and enjoy building relationships with schools and candidates alike- during my time everything has developed at TP to enhance our business and ensure we are placing more people across the Lancashire region....i wouldnt want to work anywhere else as i have a clear vision of what my career path looks like and my managers and colleagues share the same ideas.
Pros
Strong career ladder, plenty of support when new and throughout career, competitve salary and commission
Cons
I dont have any
First time working with a teaching agency.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone28 March 2017
I was approached by my local branch and signed up with them in April 2016. Before the summer I had a wide range of placements with different age ranges and they used my skills as a support worker in SEN schools.

Since september though, aside from one long placement between nov-dec the work has been hit and miss. I asked for feedback regarding why my extended placement had ended abruptly but none was ever given. The pay is shocking. £50-£60 a day is less than minimum wage for a full days work (6-7 hrs a day) regardless of what your adviser tells you.

The one thing is, if your branch team is good, they're great to work for for short term roles, and odd days. Long term placements are like gold dust.
Pros
Good if your face fits.
Cons
Low paid, like to cancel at very short notice.
Production - good employment to work for!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex19 March 2017
would get frequent calls for work. have an online log in to view work, cancel work or book days off.
great for flexibility - good source of income - quick contact

various schools to work in - good opportunity to expand experience, skills and knowledge - courses and workshops offered to do

if a school like you, they may buy you out from TP for a permanent position
Pros
good money - schools near - quick response
Cons
work can vary
Great opportunities but low pay
Lsa (Former Employee) –  Lancashire12 March 2017
I found the vetting was really harsh to get through compared to other agencies. I have since found that once you obtain good feedback from a school etc you get chased for jobs from them. At first I thought they were sharp because I got hit by the trams diverting and they demanded that I get a taxi to the job. I left that one but afterwards they were superb and I've had a job offered to me everyday from one school. I think it boils over to what your feedback is from your job.
Pros
Lots of work offered
Cons
Low pay for what you do
Promised lots of work (didn't get it)Too many exploitative "Trial" days ie unpaid
Supply Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 March 2017
I was doing voluntary work with a reputable organisation who provided excellent FREE training and development. TPersonnel pursuaded me to give that up as they would fill that free time with lots of offers of work. When I signed up I was immediately out of pocket. Pushed to shell out for Team Teach Training (2 days and 150 miles petrol money). Then waited months for any offers of work. Not good. Also T Personnel sent me on too many "Trial" days. I.E. unpaid work! sometimes at locations 30 miles away. With no payment of petrol expenses. This is exploitative. I am footing the bill! Don't know what Teaching Personnel get paid for this.
If you have any self respect avoid Teaching Personnel. If you have a mortgage to pay and children to feed avoid Teaching Personnel. And always make sure when you ARE sent on a job that it is clear whether you are getting paid or not.
Pros
A Learning experience. Friendly Staff
Cons
Unpaid work (trial days) or not enough work
Worst company to work for
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  london north west30 January 2017
The employees of Teaching Personnel are completely unhelpful and they are not organised at all as they cannot even communicate with each other.
The salary is outrageous, even if you are overqualified.
Cowboys
T.A (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 January 2017
Sent for trial day uninformed i was working for free! Told i was unsucessful for the job after doing a free days work.Didn't find out until 2 weeks later I wouldn't be paid for it.

Not received holiday pay due to wage been driven down as it is rolled into pay.

By law you are supposed to be paid for work done for insurance purpose. If anyone has been unpaid for a trial day and wasn't informed they wasn't paid. Please contact the Minimum Wage Unit via ACAS. They can take legal action for you.

Did not like the patronising attitude from staff.
Pros
Cons
Conned into working for free. Take your holiday pay of you.
The worst agency ever
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 December 2016
The daily salary is 48£ and they lied to me that it is after tax. Well, it is before tax which means that you actually get about 35£ a day. Absolutely no contact with my consultant. Never replied to my calls or emails. Even, when I complained 2 times. The pay is a joke. They do not pay any expences nor holiday. Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
Plenty of work but ridiculous pay rate
Cover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 November 2016
Regular work opportunities but lowest rate of pay ever. They advertise 60 but will never give it. They give £50 for a full day for a cover supervisor and will try to cut that whenever they can. Say if you were to get to a school late and miss the first period because of a late call, they will knock off about £10 but tell you on the phone that it is a full days work (which you would assume is a full days pay). Aside from that pay is on time and the interview process is quite quick.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Ridiculous rates of pay
Worst company who take a large amount of the daily rate charged to the school
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cornwall13 October 2016
Schools pay the company upward of 180pound daily for my service as a teacher. They pay me a 100 pound. When I queried this issue they were quite short with me. Use another company is my advice.
Go with other recruitment agencies as i have. The service is better as is the daily rate.
Good agency
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale8 September 2016
I have built a good relationship with the workers over the phone.
If there are any issues they will help me.
The work is not guaranteed and sometimes they cancel jobs but overall the places I have been sent are good schools.
Cons
pay
Productive and serious company
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth19 June 2016
I have been working with them for 6 months, as a TA, and I was impressed by their professional and prompt attitude. Salary paid on time.
Pros
free lunches, salary paid on time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teaching Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.