Teaching Personnel

Teaching Personnel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom261 reviews
I started with them in February 2018 and was never out of work in the primary sector. It was a rewarding experience and I learnt a lot during my time there.
31 July 2020
What a lovely review.

I am pleased that you found working with Teaching Personnel to be a rewarding experience.

Thank you.

(Head office)
Teaching Personnel is an outstanding agency

Excellent communication, dedicated staff, lots of opportunities.

I have received training and expert advice.
Pros
prebooked dates
27 July 2020
Thank you.
It is lovely to hear that Teaching Personnel has been such a great experience for you.

(Head Office)
I have worked for teaching personnel for many years and always recieve interesting placements. The service is friendly and professional I have had goodcontact throughout the covid epidemic
Pros
Variety
Cons
Covid!!
27 July 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your lovely review. I will be delighted to pass your comments on to the Northampton branch and to our finance team who have worked tirelessly with communications throughout this epidemic.

(Head Office)
I am coming to the end of almost two years of working with Teaching Personnel, and it has been a pleasure to do so. The team have been fantastic and managed to find me work in Primary, Secondary & ALN schools. I can count on one hand the number of days where they have been unable to find a placement for me - a tough ask over an 18 month period! They have financially supported me through the COVID-19 lock-down, and looked out for my personal well-being too.

The team are all very approachable and helpful at Teaching Personnel. Taking the opportunities of working in various schools across South Wales has provided me with the pleasure of dealing with many members of the team on a regular basis.

TP have provided me with the bedrock experience that I have needed in order to advance my career in Teaching. I have covered both teaching assistant and cover supervisor roles with TP. There is a position for everyone - on my first few days, they provided me with an easier role to get into the rhythm of the job. As I have advanced and grown more confident in my role, they have provided me with work that can be challenging, yet rewarding.

I perform a lot of 1 to 1 TA work, and one of the best feelings is walking away from a school knowing that you have had a positive impact on a student. Yet, adverse to this, the most difficult part of the job is developing an affinity for those same students and having to leave. It is in the nature of agency work, and can be demoralising if you enjoy the work you are doing. This can be testing, depending on your personality type.

Additionally,
 - more...
Pros
Fulfilling work with job opportunities for aspiring educators.
Cons
Spontaneous job placements.
Hi,
Thank you for your comprehensive review of experience working with our Newport Branch. This is really helpful for future candidates.

I am pleased to see that Teaching Personnel have been so supportive of your requirements.

(Head Office)
Teaching Personnel respond really well to the needs of the individual teacher. The work I have been offered has been appropriate to my experience and qualifications. I have found the recruitment consultants to be both approachable and supportive. I would recommend the agency to friends and colleagues.
Hi,
Thank you for your review, We look forward to continuing to work wit you in this way.

(Head Office)
TP is a great company, overall. It's not the BEST paid I've ever had, but I also would trade in any previous salary I had for the amazing treatment of their staff any day. I don't feel like another number to the company, my needs are met and I ALWAYS get a response either right away or within 24 hours. My job is finally fitting for my skills set and morals, I am provided with a load of resources for learning more and I really look forward to a bright future with this company and hope I go on to do big things with their support and guidance.
Pros
Consideration of needs, Friendly and responsive staff, Respect, Fulfilling work
Cons
Relatively low pay for the hours/work load. Government needs to fund them more.
Hi,
What a lovely review - Thank you.

I have passed this onto your local branch.

(Head Office)
I have worked within the SEN branch of teaching personnel for three months. They were very straight forward to register with, flexible with start dates and found me placements promptly.

Trial days at each new school are not paid, but work often follows from the trials. Teaching personnel work hard to get you work, but cannot guarantee when or where work will be (as is the case with most agencies), although they strive to find you long term work in schools that you fit in well at. Work is often booked a week in advance where it is available and where it is not, you have the option to be on call for that morning.

The recruitment consultants that I have worked with have always kept me up to date with work opportunities and keep in touch on a weekly basis at the least (including throughout the furlough period, updating my CV and applications to new schools).

Overall, I would recommend Teaching Personnel to work with if you are looking for flexible, temporary work with sociable hours and no homework. Like any other agency, hours are not secure or guaranteed and you won't be paid outside of term time. It is possible that you won't get the chance to build up relationships with colleagues and students if you're working in many schools.

Pros
flexible hours, no work or responsibilities outside of work, commitment to finding work for staff, social working hours and approx 12 weeks off per year
Cons
no guaranteed hours/ not secure, unlikely to feel part of a school community
Hi,
Thank you for your detailed review which is very helpful for other candidates.

(Head Office)
Decided on career change and cannot fault the support that teaching personnel have given.Took a little time for me to finish my old role but as soon as I was ready they had a place for me.Few weeks in had contract in school. Online training was varied.staff friendly,helpful and efficient. Through difficult times in lockdown they worked hard to secure work for as many as possible. Recommend
Pros
Access to online training and option to work in lots of different way schools
Hi,
What a great review - thank you.

(Head Office)
I have worked here for almost year now and have enjoyed it. The work is on a week-to-week basis so is perfect whilst I am studying at university. Would recommend
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No guarantee of work
Thank you for your review.

Lovely to read that we have found you work around your studies. I hope that lock-down university hasn't been too bad for you.

(Head Office)
Not much to say. I was a supply teacher for them. The office staff were friendly and helpful, easy to get to know. They had enough work for me and responded to question promptly.
Hi,
Thank you for your review. It is nice to see that you have had a good experience working with Teaching Personnel.

(Head Office)
They are as bad as second hand car sales men. Pushy and full of lies. Long drawn enrolment process with promise of work that’s not there. Rubbish wages, I was paid better in 2009
Pros
Don’t let them push you round and choose your own hours
Cons
Dealing with pushy sales people, who don’t care about you only about money
Hi,
Thank you for your review. We welcome all comments in order to help improve our service.

I am sorry to read of your experience, if you would like to email further details so that I can look into this further for you, please email customercare@teachingpersonnel.com.

Kind regards

(Head Office)
Will listen to what you say and respond accordingly. They have found me work most of the time before lockdown. Offered and paid Furlough from the beginning. Regularly keep in touch via email and phone calls. Reassuring with regards to planning for return of schools and supply come Sept/Oct.
Pros
Pretty much regular work
Cons
N/a
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review.

We are all looking forward to the big "reopening" and have been working tirelessly to look after our candidates during the lockdown.

(Head Office)
I love working for this company. I had a job within weeks of being interviewed and my questions have always been answered. The recruitment staff really care about helping find the best position suited to you, in the location you want. They are so friendly and reply really quickly to emails or calls. If you are after any sort of teaching experience or exam invigilating experience, this is the place to go. Some may complain about £300 week (after tax), but it's a foot in the door to gain some valuable experience if working in the education sector is something you are looking into.
Pros
Friendly staff, supportive, valuable experience
19 June 2020
We look forward to continuing to working with you.

(Head office)
After retiring early from my Scientist within Industry career, I needed a new challenge which offered a more flexible approach to working. Being employed by TP gives me this flexibility by offering work opportunities on a daily basis at all types of schools within driving distance of my home.
Pros
School working hours
Cons
No work offered during school holidays
12 June 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your review, it is nice to see that Teaching Personnel have helped find you work to suit your lifestyle.

(Head Office)
TP have been brilliant since joining them in January.

I got offered a position in a school within weeks and really enjoy the work I do.

Anytime I had questions or needed advice they offered their expertise and experience.

Highly recommended, you won’t regret it.
Hi,
What a lovely review - Thank you.

*Ts&Cs apply
Going to the interview they made me feel relaxed had a little chat about what jobs I’ve done and what interests me . Helped me to apply for my DBS check and everything I needed to get then straight away after getting those back I had work . They are always on the end of the phone if you need help or have questions and alway have work for you , this company are fab to work for so supportive .
Hi,
Thank you for your lovely review.

*Ts&Cs apply
Teaching Personnel welcomed me to S Wales supply teaching work. They are highly organised, listen to candidates’ requests for type of work, consistency and are flexible. I have a had a really good experience with everyone in the team who has placed me for teaching work in schools. I would not hesitate to recommend TP.
Hi,
Thank you for your lovely review.

*Ts&Cs apply
I have been registered with TP for the last 12 months. Initially I wanted day to day supply to fit around my part time teaching job. I always received work for the days I needed and I was always placed in local schools which meant I didn't have far to travel. Since October last year I have been in a long term contract and I thoroughly enjoy my work. Mark from the Teesside branch has been fantastic with finding me work and keeping me up to date. He is always there to offer support if needed or just have a good chat on the phone. I highly recommend teaching personnel.
29 May 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so pleased that Teaching Personnel has been able to work with you to find the right work and I hope this will continue.

(Head Office
It was great ...... gained a lot of experience as a Teaching Assistant. Worked in primary, secondary, nursery and pupil referral units.
Recruitment consultants are very good, in making sure you are happy with the assignment.
29 May 2020
Thank you for your review.

Have you been in touch with Teaching Personnel to discuss your next role?
I found Teaching Personnel to be good to work for. I was lucky that my second assignment ended up lasted a year. It was convenient when I needed to work around my young son. I found I was sent to a lot of SEN roles which for temporary roles are hard, but the main job I had was fantastic.
22 May 2020
Thank you for your review.

It is good to see that supply work has been convenient for you when you have a family.

(Head Office)
Teaching Personnel in Preston have listened to what I want from an agency and have not let me down. They have sent me to really lovely schools in which to teach. The staff in those schools have always been very welcoming and supportive. The children have been great too. I have always come home feeling like I would love to go back and teach again in those schools. (This is not always the case with some agencies.) The daily rate of pay is as expected for an experienced teacher so being sent to a "lovely" school as opposed to a "challenging" one is always an added bonus. I work for more than one agency and Teaching Personnel were the first to furlough me when the country went into lock-down and schools closed. It took other agencies at least five weeks to start paying any furlough money. I was so grateful to Teaching Personnel for sorting it all out straight away as my husband didn't have any money coming in either (as he is self employed). I would definitely recommend Teaching Personnel to anyone who wants to go into supply work. The consultants are always really pleasant and helpful.
22 May 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your lovely review which I will pass on to your local branch. We are so pleased that you are enjoying your experience working with Teaching Personnel.

(Head Office)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teaching Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.